Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    EvviEvvi Posts: 19 Member
    @GrumpyGlowfish Yeah it's super cute! Beware letting them play in the trashcans though, I think that has a chance of leaving a trash pile nearby. XP
  • Options
    jupkmnjupkmn Posts: 98 Member
    None of my sims have any fame points, but somehow their daughter was already born as a subcelebrity lol
  • Options
    FireftrLtFireftrLt Posts: 54 Member
    Evvi wrote: »
    It's probably not that big of a secret or anything, but when I first started playing the sims 4, it took me a bit to discover that toddlers could play in the kitchen counters, bookshelves, etc. I thought it was adorable!
    I like the smoke ball that happens when they do play in counters, etc. I caught a child playing in a closet.

• Options
    HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member

[/quote]

Wait a second, what's the point of the fire alarm if there are no firemen?[/quote]

If no one's answered this yet, if there's an alarm, you get insurance money to help you replace the items burned, plus, if i remember right, the sim isnt able to extinguish self if an alarm isnt there (I'd have to go test this out to make sure).
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    I just learned that the word "clement" means mild when used to refer to weather. So, Father Winter's real name, Clement Frost, means "Mild Frost."
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    So I definitely have something I didn't know, and I actually haven't seen mention of it on the boards:

I have a cat, Opie, in one of my families. Her owner, Nate, is a dog person, and "accidentally" adopted a stray, Doodle. One day, while I was tending to Nate's kids, I noticed Doodle running to the bathroom behind Opie, where I keep the litter box. Opie did her business, then left. Then Doodle ate from the litter box.

Our local Humane Society calls that "kitty fudge."
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    1PHX8 wrote: »
    I noticed after my sim becoming three-star celebrity.
    My sim walks slowly with a proud

Hello @1PHX8
    This shouldn’t be occurring. You may like to post feedback or press “ me too” on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GF-3-star-celebrity-defaults-to-the-celebrity-walkstyle/m-p/7290489#M80836
  • Options
    I'm still reading through all of these...I've learned sooooo much! I don't know if this has been mentioned before, so sorry if it has. I have aging off, so my toddler's been a toddler awhile. There skills sorta keep advancing after they are maxed out, especially in communication. I now have the option for my toddler to do knock knock jokes and tell a story (which is the cutest thing ever! Also, when your adult sim brings her toddler along to a festival in MyShunno (I'm assuming any time they travel, but that's where I was), and it's time to go, you just select the go home option on the adult and she runs and picks up her toddler before going home. So cute!! The toddler has a ducky in the corner instead of a home, so you can send her to daycare.
  • Options
    pezhead7 wrote: »
    I'm ashamed to say this, but I just found out that there is a chef aspiration that awards a cooking trait allowing for the creation of food that never spoils.

This will be priority number 1 in all my future games.

This is also very useful when you have a toddler, since you can literally leave food out for them and they can grab their own if you're still sleeping in the morning or go for a jog, etc. Toddlers can also accidently grab spoiled food out of the fridge, which is annoying when you have a nanny that cooks food that spoils and you've purposefully stocked your fridge with unspoilables.
  • Options
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    These two space interactions...
    sDgbzrB.jpg

And this.
    RSfrWYj.jpg
    JU62aUg.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    If you sim has maxed the gardening skill, they will autonomously inspect the garden to see if anything needs doing.
  • Options
    I don't know if this is a sure thing, but it seems like everytime my sim whoo hoos when she's already prego and in her 3rd tri, its twins. It's agrevating, because it happens to me all the time! I've had triplets many times because i used whoo hoo to solve low fun on a 3rd trimester a few times, lol.
  • Options
    KarinaDKarinaD Posts: 17 Member
    This might have been mentioned before, but this is something I figured out on Friday:

I have been experimenting with ways other than the acting career to get famous and therefore created a sim that paints (a famous artist). The fame bar takes longer than with the acting career to fill up (which obviously makes sense and is more realistic), but I also noticed that Master Pieces gives you more fame than just a normal or an excellent painting.

Another interesting thing that I realized about Master Pieces are that they are easier to create with an emotional painting (i.e. angry, sad, flirty, focused, confident, etc.) is made and the more excessive the emotion the greater your chances of creating a Master Piece (Very Flirty will for example have a greater chance than Flirty).

So if any one out there wants to create a famous artist then I hope this information helps ;-)
  • Options
    astera00astera00 Posts: 267 Member
    I just noticed that rainbows can appear in your scenery. It's so pretty! I do have seasons though, so that might be it.

hS6QcXC.png
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,658 Member
    Yes, I've seen rainbows, they're nice to see :)
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    LithilienLithilien Posts: 92 Member
    edited January 2019
    c8N9Xcc.png
    In the get famous pack it is really hard to stay famous, especially in the beginning of the career, I have been activating the flying robot that follows your would be famous Sim around, and this makes it a lot easier to stay on top of the famousrewards/points because your followers can watch whatever your Sim is doing and you get new followers in the process !
    Post edited by Lithilien on
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I'm sure everybody knew this but me, I just discovered the rewards store with different traits you can learn
  • Options
    The_RatticatorThe_Ratticator Posts: 28 Member
    I recently encountered a funny glitch where the Potty Mouth toilets at Planet Honey Pop had the "Proper Celebrity" label when hovered over. I say "glitch" because this only happened once. The next time I visited the lot, they didn't have that label anymore. As such, I can only assume that it must have been a glitch. Has anyone else has this happen?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    I recently encountered a funny glitch where the Potty Mouth toilets at Planet Honey Pop had the "Proper Celebrity" label when hovered over. I say "glitch" because this only happened once. The next time I visited the lot, they didn't have that label anymore. As such, I can only assume that it must have been a glitch. Has anyone else has this happen?

Hello @The_Ratticator
    Simmers have been posting about this on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GF-Famous-Gnomes-Patchy-Babies-amp-Talking-Toilet/m-p/7178616#M76416
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    @The_Ratticator Not with a toilet, but I once had a famous Patchy that hadn't even been brought to life yet, pretty sure that wasn't supposed to happen either. :D
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    astera00 wrote: »
    I just noticed that rainbows can appear in your scenery. It's so pretty! I do have seasons though, so that might be it.

hS6QcXC.png

I've only spotted one or two so far that I can remember. Wasn't fast enough to get a screenshot either time.

And in the interest of contributing to this thread... for some reason i just recently noticed that child sims have gaps int heir teeth when they smile. Or maybe I had noticed before and forgot.
    image.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top