Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    GasolineCreaGasolineCrea Posts: 135 Member
    SimTresa wrote: »
    astera00 wrote: »
    I just noticed that rainbows can appear in your scenery. It's so pretty! I do have seasons though, so that might be it.

hS6QcXC.png

I've only spotted one or two so far that I can remember. Wasn't fast enough to get a screenshot either time.

And in the interest of contributing to this thread... for some reason i just recently noticed that child sims have gaps int heir teeth when they smile. Or maybe I had noticed before and forgot.

It's a CAS teeth option for children!
    So many sorcerers ~
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but a useful one for me is if your sim is tense, a sim with a romantic bar can get rid of the tense moodlet by giving that sim a massage.
  • Options
    astera00astera00 Posts: 267 Member
    SimTresa wrote: »

I've only spotted one or two so far that I can remember. Wasn't fast enough to get a screenshot either time.

You don't have to be fast enough if you pause the game. Just press the number 0 and it's paused. The number 0, 1, 2 on the keyboard or numberpad can control the speed, so you don't have to use the mouse to click on them :smile:

I just discovered that sims who have a romantic relationship together can "cuddle while watching movie" under romance interactions (of course you need Movie Hangout for this).
  • Options
    astera00astera00 Posts: 267 Member
    I just found out that you can put individual glasses of the drinks you make from the Summer Drink Tray (Backyard Stuff) and Luxe Drink Tray (Spa Day) in the fridge. I knew you could do that with other ordinary drinks, but it didn't occur to me that you could do it with these drinks too! You can either click on a glass and "put away" or drag them each into the fridge. This was good news, because those drinks are expensive and if you don't finish them fast enough, they'll go off.
  • Options
    LesejbLesejb Posts: 15 Member
    To bad that your sim couldn't get paid for your registered career, for example: a stay at home mom would get paid a hundred dollars a day for staying home with her child.
  • Options
    LesejbLesejb Posts: 15 Member
    How do you assign an emotion to a memory?
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Don't know if this has been mentioned but the glob of clay in the game will give off emotional auras! Even if its not in a shape/molded yet! My sims kept getting playful from playful decor and I could not find it until I deleted the clay.
  • Options
    jupkmnjupkmn Posts: 98 Member
    Is normal the monster under the bed appearing even with the Coolala lamp active? Because this just happened in my game.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited January 2019
    Lesejb wrote: »
    How do you assign an emotion to a memory?

Hello @Lesejb :) I will post what SimAlexandria posted in an earlier post
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16913206/#Comment_16913206
    @February11 In game! :) Near the bottom in the centre of the menu bar, right beside the button to speed up time, there is a circular button. Click on that and a tiny menu opens up with three options. The first one is to take a screencap, the second one is to take a video, and the last one opens up your screencaps in game. When you open them up in game you can assign them as a memory. (It'll say "Angry memory, or Happy Memory, or whatever emotion the active sim was feeling at the time when you took the screencap) Hope that helps!
    166d4iu.jpg

• Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,656 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    @February11 In game! :) Near the bottom in the centre of the menu bar, right beside the button to speed up time, there is a circular button. Click on that and a tiny menu opens up with three options. The first one is to take a screencap, the second one is to take a video, and the last one opens up your screencaps in game. When you open them up in game you can assign them as a memory. (It'll say "Angry memory, or Happy Memory, or whatever emotion the active sim was feeling at the time when you took the screencap) Hope that helps!
    166d4iu.jpg
    Ahh, I missed that post. I've seen that icon, but can't remember if I've looked at doing anything with it. I'll go and have a look now. Thank you.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    With Parenthood if you fart on the jacuzzi there will be some bubbles on the water! I love little details like this.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    If your Sim has the Snob trait, and they watch the news. They'll get a positive moodlit, I think it's called Classic TV
  • Options
    HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    Not sure if this is a glitch or what. I thought we could only have 8 sims on a lot at a time, but I'm playing and My 4 Sims are in the house and Other Sims (so far 10 others are just walking in. MY one sim is a stage 2 Celebrity. so don't know if that is the reason.
  • Options
    LithilienLithilien Posts: 92 Member
    Tixyen wrote: »
    Don't know if this has been mentioned but the glob of clay in the game will give off emotional auras! Even if its not in a shape/molded yet! My sims kept getting playful from playful decor and I could not find it until I deleted the clay.

My sims are really obsessed with that clay - so much so they stop in the middle of a meal to go and play with it - rather annoying really :/
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Not sure if this is a glitch or what. I thought we could only have 8 sims on a lot at a time, but I'm playing and My 4 Sims are in the house and Other Sims (so far 10 others are just walking in. MY one sim is a stage 2 Celebrity. so don't know if that is the reason.

You can only have eight controllable sims in a household. Visitors and people on public lots are a different story.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    If you have Parenthood, the extra traits plus the childhood upbringing really do have an effect.

In my game, Jim & Cornelius Landgraab never got on and when they aged up, they became marked as "frenemies". They become tense in each other's presence to the point where I had Cornelius kicked out of Jim's club.
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    Probably been around as long as the Good trait (i.e. base game) but this is the first time I’ve seen this.
    My Sim called his landlord and got a Sad +1 “Sad about Evilness” moodlet. Aparently “interacting with an Evil Sim” can upset Sims with the Good trait.
  • Options
    costa09costa09 Posts: 52 Member
    edited January 2019
    kalaksed wrote: »

47c85d35368189494a90d6e00c6940fc.png

the one in the center is the annoying airhorn accolade (it says it's for being recognized by peers for being loudest when volume is needed. 4 color swatches)

Please someone can tell me what do you have to do for get the one in the center?

• Options
    MissValentine1989MissValentine1989 Posts: 1 New Member
    Wow I didn’t know that. But how do u scoot the bed onto the wall.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Didn't realize if you go to a Sims home on Spooky Day (if you create it) trick or treaters will still come by. Had a candy bowl alreayd outside on the porch of said sims home already while playing around and decided to visit her and sure enough trick or treaters came up to the bowl with about two of them knocking on her door as well.

She had at least EIGHT children and teens come to her house. D:

Not to mention you may even see adult sims walking around in costumes as well too. Didn't notice it before, but saw about three in costume walk by while it was raining. Pretty nifty.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    FireftrLtFireftrLt Posts: 54 Member
    costa09 wrote: »
    kalaksed wrote: »

47c85d35368189494a90d6e00c6940fc.png

the one in the center is the annoying airhorn accolade (it says it's for being recognized by peers for being loudest when volume is needed. 4 color swatches)

Please someone can tell me what do you have to do for get the one in the center?

Obviously they're trophies. What are they for, and how do you get them?
  • Options
    HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member

You can only have eight controllable sims in a household. Visitors and people on public lots are a different story.

Thank you Grumpy for clearing that up for me. My Sims were at home trying to do what they were suppose to and random Sims kept coming in the house and there ended up about 15 besides them selves and they were taking over everything. Finally just got mad and told them all to leave and they acted like their feeling were hurt.

• Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member

Thank you Grumpy for clearing that up for me. My Sims were at home trying to do what they were suppose to and random Sims kept coming in the house and there ended up about 15 besides them selves and they were taking over everything. Finally just got mad and told them all to leave and they acted like their feeling were hurt.

For whatever reason, despite being in the friendly category, the Ask to Leave interaction doesn't seem very friendly.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

For whatever reason, despite being in the friendly category, the Ask to Leave interaction doesn't seem very friendly.

It's like the Impishly Pester action. It's in the funny category but has a mean effect.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top