Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    MarcKirby1900MarcKirby1900 Posts: 3 New Member
    @February11 i busted out laughing when it first happened Lol. The ones that cheered, both had the romatic trait and were friends with the kissing couple. And they were in the same room as them. I’m guessing that’s what caused it if you wanted to try it lol.
  • Options
    Lissandragaren3Lissandragaren3 Posts: 1 New Member
    I haven't know yet. thanks
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Put the high chair close to the TV and the toddler will watch it while they eat.

Writing in a journal dispels any sad moodlet even if it's suppressed by happy moodlets.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,658 Member
    @February11 i busted out laughing when it first happened Lol. The ones that cheered, both had the romatic trait and were friends with the kissing couple. And they were in the same room as them. I’m guessing that’s what caused it if you wanted to try it lol.

Definitely :D
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    3c9712c151.png

Reading excerpts from your own book?
    I had no idea this was an interaction with the Microphone.

Then again, I'd never carried around my self-written books to the club.
    Often times I just send them off to be published as soon as they're written!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    You can make a copy of the book before you send it off for publishing.

Something I just discovered after all this time: if you complete the painter aspiration, you can carve any of the emotional woodcarvings (Playful, Sad, etc.) at the woodcarving station. I already knew that Sims who complete the Painter aspiration can write the emotional books along with painting the emotional paintings, but the woodcarving is new. I'm planning to have my painter Sim open a gallery to sell his paintings, so now I can add woodcarvings as well.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Circus-of-CatsCircus-of-Cats Posts: 55 Member
    Apologies if this has already been stated. Last night, my sim was in a playful mood and I had her box. I noticed a small pink heart in her next action and was confused. She gave the punching bag a hip bump. So silly.
  • Options
    Apologies if this has already been stated. Last night, my sim was in a playful mood and I had her box. I noticed a small pink heart in her next action and was confused. She gave the punching bag a hip bump. So silly.

How cute! :) I like those little touches.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member

Oh I didn't know Playful did that, too.
    I had seen the Hip Bump happen when using the Punching Bag while Flirty, but never tried Playful.
    Also, aside from your Sim doing such actions on their own from time to time, sometimes when you click on the Puching bag while still using it, you can manually make your Sim do those miscellaneous Punching Bag actions.

Other ones I've seen are Roundhouse Kick, which can happen when Energized or Confident, and Shove, which can happen when Angry.
    I haven't checked with every emotion, so there might even be more!
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Angry sims can be calmed by fishing or brewing a pot of calming chamomile tea.
  • Options
    MirandanikMirandanik Posts: 12 New Member
    I didn't know there were ceiling fans....they are in random electronics I believe lol I just accidentally found it about a week ago and it kinda made me mad cause I had wanted one for a LONG time and didn't know there already was one. I thought it would be in the lights.
  • Options
    Mirandanik wrote: »
    I didn't know there were ceiling fans....they are in random electronics I believe lol I just accidentally found it about a week ago and it kinda made me mad cause I had wanted one for a LONG time and didn't know there already was one. I thought it would be in the lights.

I saw when ceiling fans were added, but had forgotten about them. I find a lot of things hard to find as they're not where you expect to find them.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    MakoSimsMakoSims Posts: 284 Member
    I found out that sims can cheat at chess.
    They distract the other sim, and when they're not looking they move the pieces around on the board.

I knew this happened in The Sims 2, but I hadn't seen it in The Sims 4 before.
    (The sim this happened with had high mischief skill so I'm not sure if that was the reason)
    Origin ID: sakura-drops
  • Options
    Circus-of-CatsCircus-of-Cats Posts: 55 Member
    Apologies again if this has been stated, I had my sim's child play with the little pond that came with Get Famous. The cute animations of a pirate ship started like when the toddlers play with that huge play thing from the toddler pack. Very cute.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I just found out today that the Menorah candles(Seasons table light) can be lit at the same time, or individually.
    46464940602_42d0034608_b.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    I just found out today that the Menorah candles(Seasons table light) can be lit at the same time, or individually.
    46464940602_42d0034608_b.jpg

Didn't know that, either :)
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    mayonaisejar44mayonaisejar44 Posts: 20 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Angry sims can be calmed by fishing or brewing a pot of calming chamomile tea.

This is soo helpful, especially since my sim developed the "emotional" quirk (get famous) and lives in apartments where it's easy to get upset with the neighbors from noise. She can easily die from getting too mad and this just solved my problem so thanks ~
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited December 2018
    Just a little thing today but stuff always surprises me.
    I put the stylist chair (styling station) in the kitchen as my sim is still fairly poor... he ended up sitting in it to eat. Then I moved it over and he watched the tv from it. I didn't know it was accessible as a chair like that. You can't link it to a table of course.
    I just thought it's nice if your sim is short on space/money to know about :).
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    If there are two different clubs active on the same lot, your sim can challenge the other club members to a foosball competition.
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    When your Sim clears path with hands, it levels up gardening skill
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited January 2019
    The spider webs from Vampires actually produce living spiders:

spinnen3edr.jpg

Children can train dogs and build the corresponding adult skill without maxing any of the child skills first:

tiererziehungd0efq.jpg

They also gain responsibility from doing so.
    Post edited by GrumpyGlowfish on
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    edited January 2019
    MakoSims wrote: »
    I found out that sims can cheat at chess.
    They distract the other sim, and when they're not looking they move the pieces around on the board.

I knew this happened in The Sims 2, but I hadn't seen it in The Sims 4 before.
    (The sim this happened with had high mischief skill so I'm not sure if that was the reason)

It's especially funny when kids cheat with adults. I love their reaction when the other person turns back around.

You can't interact with the bees when you're wearing a Bear costume. It upsets them.

7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Just a little thing today but stuff always surprises me.
    I put the stylist chair (styling station) in the kitchen as my sim is still fairly poor... he ended up sitting in it to eat. Then I moved it over and he watched the tv from it. I didn't know it was accessible as a chair like that. You can't link it to a table of course.
    I just thought it's nice if your sim is short on space/money to know about :).

That's a useful tip. Where do you find it? @Hermitgirl I can't find it.

EDIT - just found it came with Get Famous that's why I can't find it. I thought it came with the new style influencer career. That's a shame.
    Post edited by February11 on
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    wavves wrote: »
    i didn't know there was option to kiss in the rain :')

Dp5Uxz6.jpg

what are those rainbows from by the choices? I never saw that before.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Has anyone had a sim win two awards in one night? That happened to me!! Alexis Parker-Steele won two Starlight Accolade Awards for her books in the same night! She cried when she got the second one. In my mind, she was thinking about her parents, both of whom had passed away a few days prior.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top