Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• TheBoss1TheBoss1 Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="sunshineandsimoleons;c-13552482"][quote="Simasaurus09;13552480"]Cowplants randomly dance if a radio is placed near them.[/quote]

What!!!! That's amazing :heart_eyes:

[/quote]

I have a question on the sims4 get to work how do u put the bake goods on display I have Xbox one
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    Well prepatch the stans used to come and garden and pick up their own trash and were generally helpful on my lots, now they are just annoying so I dequirked them out of existence. So, nevermind on that 'did you know'.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    I didn't know there are plant sims in this game
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,643 Member
    windweaver wrote: »
    I didn't know there are plant sims in this game

Yes, they are odd. It would be interesting to hear from anyone who actually does/uses this
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I've played with plant sims twice, but it's been a while because they aren't really that interesting. Other than requiring light instead of food and water instead of hygiene, I believe, and of course being green, they're just like normal sims, and even have to eat the forbidden fruit every five days if they want to stay plant sims.

Something else:
    If you have fasting as a holiday tradition, sims will autonomously avoid cooking or picking up anything edible. Now in TS2 times, this would have been a no-brainer, but in TS4 it actually surprised me because those sims aren't usually that smart. Just be careful not to leave the lot while the fasting timer is active or else it will reset itself when you return, but your sims' hunger won't, so you're going to see a lot of red bars!
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited November 2018
    Didn't realize there were some new games children could play when their social skill was up high enough.

Keyboard Commander and an arithmetic game. Keyboard commander helps with motors skill.
    EZCGmtV.png
    V5KP5qC.png
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    This is the greatest thread! I honestly went through all of it a couple months back and it really revitalized the game for me. I have it on console (PS4) and I'm happy to finally be able to play the game because my laptop could not handle it. Anyways....

Things I Didn't Know!

GTW - There is an object called "Cat Loves Food Inc. Professional Grade Warming Rack" and I've tested this a couple times but it seems that if you put any baked good/meal in it that item is now set for sale. I put a whole serving platter of cookies in and then I used "Pick Up Serving" on it and put it in the display case and realized that those plates of cookies were already set for sale. Time saver!

City Living - Eating the food at the Festivals in the City actually teaches you the recipe once you are finished eating it. SO MUCH cooking choice in this game!

Get Together - Having Get Together changes the dancing animations of the base game dance interaction. They have much more variety in their moves with this EP installed.

Cats and Dogs - If you have a dog and a cat you can instruct the dog to be nice to ... the cat! You can pick other Sims nearby but it's interesting that you can influence the dog to interact with the cat but I have yet to see it work the other way around.

Seasons - The game will spawn drink/food stands in the neighborhood during Summer. It spawned in my commmunity garden in Willow Creek.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    @Bearpal64 Actually, I'm currently on Spring right now and I saw a food stand in Willow Creek.
    @Bearpal64 Actually, I'm currently on Spring right now and I saw a food stand in Willow Creek.

Yes, I found that beside the park.
    MLgj4Vx.png
    February11 wrote: »

Well yeah, but I was saying that it wasn't just Summer though.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member

Oh my bad! I never saw it during spring I just assumed it was a Summer thing! Neat! Thanks for the clarification. :smile:
    edited December 2018
    February11 wrote: »

Well yeah, but I was saying that it wasn't just Summer though.

Oh, I didn't realize that's what you meant.
    I'm in Autumn at the moment and there's a food stall and a rollerskating rink.
    Post edited by February11 on
    MLgj4Vx.png
    With a high video game skill, sims can play new games on the computer. Which are spoofs from other games and made with the Sims 3. I enjoy the streetfighter/final fight like game and a game called R.E.F.U.G.E made with the Sims 3 medieval.
    O1WhTyH.png
    Cp383Du.png
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    Jacques Villareal has pale red eyes
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Not sure if this is true for all players, but if you have your Actor sim perform 'Risky....' interactions on props while you're with them at the studio, it possibly increases your chance of getting nominated and winning at the Starlight Accolade Award Ceremony. The first one my couple- see Avi- was invited to, my guy was nominated and announced as the first winner!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,847 Member
    Maybe I didn't understand at first but I thought you had to have a candy dish to get trick or treaters you don't have to in apartments or houses if they want to come they will. Vlad also squeals at celeb trick or treaters and is happy to give them candy...which is not really an I didn't know all the sims do that it's just funny.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • PotbelijoPotbelijo Posts: 23 Member
    I didn't know you could get trick or treaters! Oh it's a long time to Hallow'een in my game. :D
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    I didn't know you could get trick or treaters! Oh it's a long time to Hallow'een in my game. :D

I was sad I only got like two, but it was still a cute thing to see!
    edited December 2018
    When doing a canonball in a pool, sims close by can and will get wet from it. :U What these old men get for matching wearing speedos.
    atAD1a9.png
    5vJrxmT.png
    Dunno if I've posted this before, but Goof Around only builds relationship points with fellow Goofballs. which is quite frankly annoying
  • AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    Wildling wrote: »
    Most people probably know this already, but I didn't know and found out that there are secret worlds you can visit that aren't on the map =P Forgotten Grotto, Sylvan Glade and now Sixam.
    I was so excited when I found out!

I'll have to look for these tonight at home :) awesome
  • RuinaRuina Posts: 20 Member
    That you can kick gnomes during the Harvest Fest was a surprise for me. How fun it is was even bigger surpise.
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    ajadra wrote: »
    Most people probably know this already, but I didn't know and found out that there are secret worlds you can visit that aren't on the map =P Forgotten Grotto, Sylvan Glade and now Sixam.

Forgotton Grotto is in the very high end of the park in OS, you need level 10 handiness to open it and then loads of chance cards which answered correctly take you there.

Sylvan Glade is the tree next to the river, next to daisy hovel in WC, you need to water it, talk to it, compliment it (interact with the tree) and it will give you to option to travel (or however it's phrased, I can't remember exactly)

Sixam is the wormhole in the rocket once you've fully upgraded it (if you have Get to Work)
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • GwastenMicaGwastenMica Posts: 76 Member

Forgotton Grotto is in the very high end of the park in OS, you need level 10 handiness to open it and then loads of chance cards which answered correctly take you there.

Sylvan Glade is the tree next to the river, next to daisy hovel in WC, you need to water it, talk to it, compliment it (interact with the tree) and it will give you to option to travel (or however it's phrased, I can't remember exactly)

Sixam is the wormhole in the rocket once you've fully upgraded it (if you have Get to Work)

There is also the Deep Woods in Granite Falls. I would describe where the entrance is, but I'm still finding it by chance!
  • HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member

There is also the Deep Woods in Granite Falls. I would describe where the entrance is, but I'm still finding it by chance!

It is somewhere top right of the cabin, It is hare to come across even when you know where it is just have to keep looking it is covered with branches close to the rocks.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top