Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blueprints

Time for another silly poll. :p

So, Blueprints...

maxresdefault.jpg

Do you use them? Or not so much? Choose your reply below. :blush:
52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg

Blueprints 94 votes

Always - I can't build and/or decorate for the LIFE of me!
0%
Sometimes - When I'm feeling lazy
32%
Evalencarlystur03jaletu2005PuddinroyUmbralFlowerAnmirlaemorrilllisasc360deedles64NBalchemistfloridameerkatIreneSwiftsirguylittleMiguelDiogothuggishsplicerMoonandStars83shnailehSimFan298ButtersimsTeslachick2 31 votes
Never - I am a PRO at building and/or decorating!
32%
Emily4331HejixsuzsesbklienhartStormkeepParydreamerz13alejandro15039ApparentlyAwesomemonjr8302JoAnne65starguruGemSixxSimoleon13CravenLestat60smusicluvrbekkasanSindocatTadOlsoncoco 31 votes
Blueprints? What blueprints? o_0
34%
nickibitswardkippy300GraceyManorelanorbretoncwaddelljillbgGabbyGirlJphantasmkissAlexaKryClassicalSimigazormannannaAllysaNellieBettyboop55LunBeautybecks1112TreyNutzsaarlandbabe2jordandLinamints 32 votes

Comments

• Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    I have zero building skills, although I do okay at decorating... or at least arranging furniture. (My wallpaper/floor pattern skills are also pretty much nonexistent.) I'd probably benefit from at least looking at blueprints and using them to put together something more interesting than the Lego houses I usually create. But the way I play, I tend to build when my sims don't have much money. So I just put up the walls and flooring and shove the cheap furniture wherever it fits until the family can afford a full set of upgrades.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I chose never, but I'm not a pro at building at all. I just like things my own way and in my own style, not because I'm under any illusion that I'm a brilliant builder by any stretch.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    Not a pro by a loooong shot, just not my preference :)
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Options
    LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    Honestly, my only reason for this vote is because I completely forgot about the blueprints feature in the game. :D I'd probably use it a bit more if I thought about it and then use different furniture. But other than that, I usually just use pre-made houses that I refurnish myself most of the time. :)
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @LunBeauty I'd completely forgotten about them too until recently. :lol: (Was wanting to build a cool pool for my sim's large backyard and...I stink at building those so I thought, "Hey, maybe there's a blueprint of the cool shaped ones!" I checked and there are plenty! :mrgreen: )

I refurnish pre-made houses too (and ones people already built and I downloaded into my game :p ) because I'm not the greatest builder, but I will admit I'm not bad at decorating. :blush:
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    I've used some once, so I chose "sometimes". There are some pretty rooms.
    Generally, I google blueprints and real houses on the net to get better ideas. I also do it when I want to give a sim a nice outfit and I need some color references.
  • Options
    Generally, I google blueprints and real houses on the net to get better ideas. I also do it when I want to give a sim a nice outfit and I need some color references.

^I do that too. :blush:
  • Options
    Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    Literally my vote. :D
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    The answer's definitely never, but like some others before me, I wouldn't call myself a pro. I had kind of forgotten they exist, too, but I'm going to check out the pool blueprints @emorill because that sounds pretty useful.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    I never use them but wouldn’t say I’m a pro either. And I think blueprints are a good idea, and probably very useful for those who want a faster creation process so they can get to playing sooner.

But I love to build and decorate and enjoy spending my time playing with colors, patterns and textures. I build my structure first, and only fill/decorate the interiors once I’ve completed an exterior design I like. I think I would have a difficult time with trying to puzzle/piece various preset rooms together and still create a structure I’d be happy with. And the fun I have building and experimenting with various architectural styles in game is equal to my enjoyment playing in live mode.
  • Options
    @starguru
    I think I would have a difficult time with trying to puzzle/piece various preset rooms together and still create a structure I’d be happy with.

^I'm with you on that. Which is why I only sometimes, actually rarely - that should've been an option, use the Blueprints. :)

***I know many of us don't consider ourselves Pro's at building or decorating, but...I wanted to add that in to make us all feel good and believe that we ARE Pros at it! In our own ways. :blush:

<3
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2019
    Never. Lol, not because I’m a pro, but because I just want everything my way :tongue: I do use examples through Google (also house plans sometimes if I can find them).

Edit: ok, in total shock now that there’s actually something in this game igazor didn’t know existed :D
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Lilypink79Lilypink79 Posts: 115 Member
    I do know what they are, but i've never used them
    I've got 99 problems and TS4 glitches are 99 of them
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited January 2019
    I was tempted to go with the first option: "I can't build and/or decorate for the LIFE of me!" but I never use blueprints. And since I can't build or decorate for the life of me I can't chose the 3rd option. So I went with the last option. The truth is that I know what blueprints are but I only build and/or decorate when I have to, and when I do, I either copy/extend what's already there or it just turns out fairly badly and I just live with it.
    Post edited by TreyNutz on
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    Yeah I'm far from being a pro either. I never think to use blueprints because I just assume that they won't fit the idea I imagine. Next time in game I will take another look at them though :smile:
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    I'm definitely not a pro, but I just don't get anything out of the blueprints. I tried them a couple times when they were first added in. Didn't like how they looked. Felt like more effort to me to match them up nicely, always required fixing walls, windows, and doors. Didn't save that much effort to me. Haven't touched them in ages.
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    I never use them, so I had completely forgotten about them! :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    Ok, I have heard of this feature
    , but I have never figured out how to use it and have just free handed all my builds.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Edit: ok, in total shock now that there’s actually something in this game igazor didn’t know existed :D

See @JoAnne65 I thought that too, but...

Thinking on it more I think he chose that response as a way of saying, "Those things are such a ridiculous feature that I don't even know what you're talking about." :p

Did I get that right @igazor ? :lol:
  • Options
    HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Never used it, but might... Although, if I want a premade setup, might as well buy a premade house. :P I'm not a pro by any mean, but I have more than a decade of experience!
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • Options
    Hejix wrote: »
    I'm not a pro by any mean, but I have more than a decade of experience!

Same here my friend. :blush:
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2019
    I never said a single word on this thread, see this is how horrible rumors get started. :p

Yes, there are many things about this game I do not know about (or knew about once but have forgotten) and have never experienced, but this isn't one of them. Like so many others posting here, I know what blueprints are but prefer to ignore them and not because my skills as a do-it-myself builder even rank high enough to show up on the scales. I prefer to fumble through building and renovation projects in my own way and then use up days of my "spare" time trying to fix the overall look of the lopsided frankenbuilding I've often ended up creating after poor planning.

I had to demolish the first residential lot my legacy's founders started with and the second generation grew up in back in Sunset Valley when I was new to the game, had no idea what I was doing, and my renovation "skills" had been lying dormant since the days of TS1. It was too painful to look at when traveling back there now (Traveler mod). I still see it and cringe when I load up a very old save to check on something way back in the past. But to me that's all part of the fun of the game and how we may have evolved through it. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I started playing TS3 after a year+ of not having it installed recently and blue prints was one of the "features" I had totally forgotten about. My reaction on re-discovery was "oh, that's right, that's cool..." but I still haven't used it. Definitely not a "pro" though...I just don't use it because when I build or redesign it is more organic and placing an entire room at a time doesn't really lend itself to an organic approach.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    I never said a single word on this thread, see this is how horrible rumors get started. :p

Yes, there are many things about this game I do not know about (or knew about once but have forgotten) and have never experienced, but this isn't one of them. Like so many others posting here, I know what blueprints are but prefer to ignore them and not because my skills as a do-it-myself builder even rank high enough to show up on the scales. I prefer to fumble through building and renovation projects in my own way and then use up days of my "spare" time trying to fix the overall look of the frankenbuilding I've often ended up creating after poor planning.

@igazor Sorry buddy.... :p

"Frankenbuilding" :lol: Ohhhh gosh, we ALL have one of those!
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Screenshot-291.jpg
    Yeah, I don't use plans. Every crazy house that I tend to build tends to come from inside this mind of mine. :D
    Screenshot-11.jpg
    Yup...plans; don't "plan" to use 'em. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~