Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you expect 2019 to be?

Comments

• Options
    mamapastillamamapastilla Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love to see:

* University EP - A fully fledged university world where young adults (and older) can attend university, educate themselves in a particular direction and lead the university life with sororities, student housing, partying and so on. For a university expansion I'd like to be able to follow my sims into lectures. The student/university should also come with specific activities only available during the university years, and social groups and educational options which unlocks specific careers (could be careers like teaching, marine biologist, psychologist and whatever else we don't already have in the game, but preferably they'd gain you a higher salary because of their university requirements and be more rare or difficult to attain due to their high req. nature).

* Farming EP - I want to lead the farm life! I'd love a country world that made possible to have cows, horses, pigs, chickens, goats and whatever else that you could milk or take eggs from to sell to provide for yourself and the family. You could have the horse to ride and improve both relationship and skill of with horse jumping or dressage, you could grow crops like corn and similar, also to sell or to make use of in your home. It would fit quite nicely with the improved gardening possibilities introduced in 2018. I guess you could fit in nectarmaking, preserving vegetables, making jam and such in with an expansion like this instead of the hobbies pack I mention further down. A world like this could introduce country fairs (with a maze!) and farmer's markets.

* Witches, wizards and faeries EP - I love magic! Give us faeries, wizards and witches! Werewolves I personally don't like so those we can skip, but I love magic and the supernatural or occult and would love, love, love the chance to explore that in The Sims 4. You should be able to be born a witch/wizard or the chance to become one by apprenticing with an experienced witch/wizard. Faeries I think one should only be able to be born as - unless there is a rare spell of some sort which after hard work could be used to transform one into a faerie. Witches/wizards and faeries should, just like vampires, have their own trait tree, or aspiration tree to give them specific things to aspire to. With an EP like this I'd love to see a brand new magical world introduced, with new plants and a general nature setting that sparks magic. Give us spells, charms, curses , you name it! New traditions and holidays specifically construed for witches/wizards and faeries. Perhaps they don't celebrate christmas, but something else and so forth. Witches/wizards and faeries should also be able to have specific pets only available to them, and perhaps they can pretend to lead a normal life and keep their real natures hidden if they live in a normal town, or lead their lives as normal if they live in the magical world.

* Tropical Island EP/GP - I'd love a tropical world, not just as a vacation spot but as a world you can live in. In that world I would like to see a hidden or discoverable underwater paradise with mermaids where you could go on quests, solve mysterious puzzles or whatever, with special interactive options. I'd also like to see the possibility of running a resort for vacationing sims including providing/selling adventurous activities, and the introduction of official honeymoon option with a pack like this. In this world it would be great if sims could swim in the open ocean, go on boat trips for fun or fishing, jetskiing, surfing, snorkeling, tanning, play beach volleyball, building sandcastles on the beach and more. I'd also like to see lounge chairs introduced!

* Winter Resort EP/GP - As with a tropical island GP, I'd love a winter world not just a vacation spot but also as a world to live in. I'd like to see a hidden or discoverable mountain area, maybe home to some ancient tribe or secret society, with which you could adventure, solve puzzles and so forth, also kind of like the tropical idea. This world should also provide the possibility to run a resort for vacationers and sell them activities, such as skiing, snowboarding, ice skating on the frozen lake, dog sledging, snowmobile and so on.

* Space GP - It would be quite cool if you could actually go into space with your sim and really explore that world for a longer period of time, perhaps even live there on some space station with other stationed sims. Expanding Sixam, or maybe introduce an entirely new world with new options. You could aim to settle there, grow things there, expand it as a community. It's probably an unlikely idea, but it would be cool! Another option could be to just introduce more interstellar activities and more potential alien worlds to visit, with slightly different settings and stuff, quests to finish and fulfil while there, kind of like a vacation world.

* Off the Grid GP - This could probably be combined with a farmer's expansion pack like the one I mentioned above. I personally thought the off the grid concept we voted on was rad and would have loved to see it implemented. I guess an off the grid concept could also be introduced with a postapocalyptical world if that ever was implemented. Solar panels, windmills, living off the land in all respects would be a cool challenge and provide some brand new gameplay options such as maintaining your own power and water supply and manage that effectively. Since seasons was introduced it really could turn weather effects like rain, wind and sun into real, playable features that can affect your sim's life (such as collecting water for water supply and whatever).

* Education/Get to School GP - I'd like to be able to follow my kid and teen simmers to school, or even be able to send toddlers off to daycare if the parents are busy workers who need to work to provide for the kids. The Go to School mod introduces a good way to do that, but I'd prefer if it was an actual in-game feature. Following the kids to school or daycare, completing assignments much like in certain adult careers, getting to know other simmers naturally in the school environment, creating groups and friends and enemies in school and so on. If a GP like this came I'd also really like to see a pre-teen stage for simmers as there's a hole there to fill. Child sims are very childlike and teens are very teenlike - the middle stage from 11/12-15 just isn't there. It would make more sense.

* Hobbies GP - I want more hobby options! All kinds - from sports, dancing, cheerleading, choir and so forth as leisure activities for children and teens, to candle- and nectarmaking as well as the possibility to preserve vegetables, make jam, glass blowing, making ceramics, knitting, sewing and so on. Please give us this! Hobbies that involve creating something should also provide the opportunity to sell things, which can turn it into a real career, just like flower arranging. There are tons of hobby options out there to implement in The Sims; and with the option of being self employed it makes all the more sense to introduce more of them to allow players to truly utilise that option in a wide range of careers rather than a limited few.

Improvements overall:

* More careers - We need more careers. For me personally it would make a huge difference as it would make me feel like my sims are real individuals with goals, dreams and aspirations I can fulfil, or traits to play into. With so limited options for careers it often feels like my sims are more or less the same, and that they meet others who are the same as they. I utilise a lot of mods to do this today, but I would really prefer if it just was part of the game so you don't have to update mods as soon as a new pack is released - and preferably that each career had several specialization options as that even further allows you to separate your sim from others.

* More traits - We need more personality traits, to further distinguish our sims from others and turn them into their own individuals. Most of the ones we have today are quite general in their nature, and I think we'd do well with more odd or specific ones. Dreamy (like vanishing into their own head randomly), shy, insecure, easily embarrassed, movie lover, bowling lover and so on.

I'd also really like to not just set my sims to liking or preferring a certain weather type, but also see in my sim's personality bar what weather my sim prefers as that's not indicated by the weather interaction options even after you declared a preference. As far as I know we can just declare preference for certain weather types but not actually see what we set our sim to prefer. This is so annoying!

I'd also like to be able to choose traits that enhance my propensity for building a certain skill as part of my sim, like "guitar lover" to improve my sim's guitar skillbuilding or "science nerd" to enhance building rocket skill, "bowling genius" to promote a bowler awesomeness and such - I don't know. I want certain hobbies or preferences for things to be part of who my sim is, not a lot trait or as a trait I can buy.

* More stair options - spiral, L-shaped, you name it. We need more!

* Townhouse option for residential lots - it would be so cool if you could build several lots, separate from each other, on the same lot.

* More plants - I wanna see more plants, bushes and trees for the outdoors. We have so few options, and I think there even are certain plant types in the game surrounding neighbourhoods that can't be planted, which is a shame and seems unnecessary. I'd also like to see a lot of hanging flower pots becoming available to keep indoors.

I'm sure there's more...
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    2019 would be perfect for me if we got:
    -University EP (with more than one uni to choose, like in The Sims 2)
    -Farming EP (with a country world like Apaloosa Plains, cows and chickens, more crops and farming supplies, a canning skill to make jellies and pickles, being able to make juices or wine with the fruits, and a system for selling stuff, like the one that came with Monte Vista I guess)
    -Tropical GP (I dont really care for the Island Paradise features, just travelling to the beach and staying at a hotel like in The Sims 2 Bon Voyage would make me happy, but a free update that allowed us to buy vacation homes in the destination, as well as in Granite Falls and Selvadorada would be awesome)
    -Witch GP (with many fun spells and potions, like turning people into frogs, perhaps even a secret world like we have the alien one, and any feature from TS1 making magic would be welcome)
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Also, whatever packs they come up with, we NEED more traits, aspirations and rewards. We had so many of them in TS3 and we have so few in this game. I feel like we have 5 traits even after 12 EPs and GPs released.
  • Options
    LoftyyLoftyy Posts: 101 Member
    I just hope that if we get a farming expansion, the horses will make it to the console this time. On 360 they weren't in Pets even though there were barns.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    No expectations, but I would like to see a world creator, buildable apartment buildings unlike the god awful ones in the city, maybe some hobbies, some teen “stuff” like a stuff pack, a fear emotion, upgraded babies.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited January 2019
    Hoping for:
    Sorcerers GP - I'm Think a Beautiful 8th-16th century, France, England, Ireland.
    "Modernized" medieval/Renaissance clothing and Build material.

Key Features:
    Learn and Unleash Powerful and Awesome Spells
    Light Magic - Think powers of the sun, the Radiance, and Grace of it.
    Dark Magic - Power of Night, Shadows, smoke.
    Conjuring, Summoning, and Transporting
    Elemental Magic
    - Fire Ball
    - Lightning Storm
    - Water
    - Absolute Zero
    - Boulder
    Enchantments
    Transformation Spells - The power to Swap Life States even Life Forms,
    Craft unique Potions, and Curses find creative ways to utilize them.
    Forbidden Magic

Werewolves GP - Just as the Full Moon rises, marks the Dawn of Werewolves.
    *Patch - Lunar Phases: Every night a new moon phase will take place.
    {New Moon, Crescent, Half, Gibbous, Full Moon, Gibbous, Half, Crescent, New Moon}

Clothing and Build/Buy: I'm thinking More Victorian 19th-Early 20th Century content
    For me I'm designing an aristocratic life style. for my sims involved with this pack. So it's a lot of ornate objects
    However, I would like some objects like in Vampires like Broken Windows, torn curtains and rugs, torn clothing, claw marks on the floor/walls Door ripped off it's hinges but sim can move the door piece to get in to the room. fallen Chandelier

Lycan Strengths and Weaknesses - Customize your Werewolf with all sorts of powers.
    By default Werewolves are equipped with a Human and a Werewolf Form, Heightened Senses, and Healing(+).
    Aging, Werewolves have x2 longer lifespan than that of the average human (It's part of my story that my sim has lived through two centuries.

You will earn Lycan Points (LP), as soon as your werewolf experiences their first Shift. Werewolf Shifts will occur every full moon. werewolves may possess their strengths and weaknesses, while in Human form.
    Tier I - Omega - the subordinates of the pack, not as
    • Agility I - reaction time is much quicker than the average person, Jump, run, climb, swim.
    • Control I - {Sim} has little to no control over their Shifts.
    • Endurance I - {Sim} can last longer in harsher conditions, Swim longer, Run longer distances, endure Heat waves, Cold temperatures, toxic conditions.
    • Howl I - Weak Howl, the kind like someone just stepped on my Aunt's hairless chihuahua.
    • Strength I - pack a bigger punch
    • Empathy - The power to absorb any Physical or Emotional pain someone else is going though.

Tier II - Beta - The more experienced, pack members Alpha's trusted pack members
    • Agility II -
    • Control II - {Sim} has mastered control all nights, except during a full moon.
    • Howl II - Basic Howl, You sound like a real wolf now,
    • Strength II - Increases success rates in fight by 25
    • Wolf Form - the power to transform into a controllable/Customizable Wolf.
      Adds a Third Form in CAS; Conflicts with Beast form.
    • Imbued Claws - the power to "Dig"/"retrieve"/"Bury" information from/in a sim it's just a quick jab to the back of the neck, into the Spinal Cord, There you can learn everything the other sim knows, and make them forget anything.

Tier III - Alpha
    • Agility III - out run
    • Control III - {Sim} can now turn at will, at any time full moon or not. Also obtained the power to turn pack members, Betas and Omegas (they created by Birth/Bite) to turn on Command.
    • Howl III - Ferocious Howl, the kind that has enough resonance to make people tremble.
    • Strength III -
    • The Bite - {Sim} now has the power to Gift/Curse another sim. Can also revoke the Gift/Curse with a bite once more.
      This is where things get serious, there is a Caveat to The Bite. Should the bite be a success, your sim will live, and turn the next full moon. Should the bite fail, your sim will die by the next full moon.
      Precaution there shall be an elixir to save your sims life if the bite fails.
      Werewolves see the Bite as inhumane, while some remain indifferent. It is not there Alpha Wolf's will to turn you, but the Supernatural and Natural conflict going on biologically with your sim.

Tier IV - Delta

Weaknesses
    • Impulsive Canine Disorder (ICD) - for those who want their werewolf to behave more like a pup.
      Unlocks Interactions: "Bark at..."; "Sniff Inappropriately"; "Play fetch"; "Roll in Trash"; "Belly rubs"
      (Please if a Child tries to pet/rub belly of werewolf who "Hates Children" please make the werewolf growl/bare teeth).
    • Beast Form - {Sim} has lost their humanity, This form places a lock on their Human form. and can only shift into their werewolf form and beast form. this for those who want the big 6-7 foot tall Monster form.
    • Lunatic - The forces of the moon will affect your werewolf.
    • Healing(-) - zeros out Healing(+) your werewolf is now has the immune system of the average human.

Pack Mentality, I would like Werewolf packs so they have joint abilities and powers they can use as a unit, However If you have Get Together, Any werewolf can create a Club that may work like a Pack also.

World:
    A large Pine/Oak/Birch Forest.
    with 5-6 Lots scattered throughout the forest. it's suppose to be a Private neighborhood, wild life roaming around. maybe a couple of joggers.

100x100 - Located on the West-end of the Map, this Cliff Side Estate, overlooks a Crescent Moon Lake to the west and north, with a small cove at the base of the cliffs (perfect for bonfires/Lake parties), and mountains to the North. and miles forest to the south.
    This would be home to my Werewolf Family, The Jordans, the wealthiest of Aristocratic, and founding family of Briarwood (My fictional town)
    Now that we can landscape I want to build their estate in it's entirety. From the road that leads up to the mansion, to the cliffs.

85x85 - Located on the Northern Center in the mountainous region of the Woods.
    85x85 - Located on the far East Region of the Woods, it's a birch meets Oak forest with a wide open Plains (Perfect for say a Farm?)
    64x64 - Located Mid-West this Estate rests at the base of the mountains, on a river bank, that branches from the west lake, and North Mountains, to the South Sea
    64x64 - Located Mid-East is a Estate that is simply plains.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    The only thing I expect is University, since that's what so many people have been overly vocal in demanding. However, I hope it's not just university and they improve on the gameplay for all schools. Toddlers should be going to preschool, kids and teens should get more after school activities, etc. However, since the team seems to just love ignoring all life stages under YAs, I doubt they'd do that and University will just focus on college and neglect the other age groups.

They might also do a witches GP since, it's also been highly requested.

If we're talking about what I want, honestly all I want is a pack that'll expand upon all of the life stages and give them more to do. (I do also want more CAS for toddlers, but since we already got Toddler Stuff, they probably won't do anything else special for them.) After that, I'll be pretty much satisfied.
  • Options
    Graaace_b97Graaace_b97 Posts: 1 New Member
    Ep: University
    Farm life

Stuff pack: wedding day stuff
  • Options
    92explor92explor Posts: 5 New Member
    I like my game to be closer to real world than fantasy. I'd like to see some farming, interactive cars/trucks, and industrial careers like engineering, manufacturing, and warehousing/distribution. These items are what make the real world as we know it possible, why can't there be more of this in our Sims' world?

I'd like to see several more playable careers, a higher number of buildeble lots in future expansions, an individual sims' inventory that will hold any item in the game (for moving out purposes), and some sort of inheritance system. Being able to have multi generational businesses would be awesome. Having family members being able to work in their parent's business would be great. Also sims should be able to reside on thier business lot.

I'd love multiple levels of autonomy, not just on or off. My Sims almost do things on their own too much. It gets annoying canceling the goofy stuff they want to do. With a large family, it can get hectic fast. Also it would be nice to have a little more control of time speed. The normal game speed is just a little too fast for my preferred pace.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    Hmmm...

2015: 8 packs
    2016: 7 packs
    2017: 6 packs

2018: 5 packs ??? lol :p

2019: 4 packs ...
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Hmmm...

Sadly if we dont get any stuff packs 4 will probably be all. Probably 2 gamepacks and 2 expansions though we ll still get free stuff with patches.
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    It's been a while since we got a game pack. Wasn't the last one Jungle Adventure?
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    Hmmm...

Sadly if we dont get any stuff packs 4 will probably be all. Probably 2 gamepacks and 2 expansions though we ll still get free stuff with patches.

It's difficult to tell how many Game Packs will be released even if it seems they follow a 2-1-2-1 pattern.

• Options
    It's been a while since we got a game pack. Wasn't the last one Jungle Adventure?

Yes were way overdue.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    A big magic pack. It would be something that basically involves the devs coding magic that will also be used in future smaller magic packs. However I don't believe we'll get witches as a separate lifestate. We will get plenty of mystical clothing and new skills, though.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Loanet wrote: »
    A big magic pack. It would be something that basically involves the devs coding magic that will also be used in future smaller magic packs. However I don't believe we'll get witches as a separate lifestate. We will get plenty of mystical clothing and new skills, though.

That would probably come in a witches pack.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Same underwelming content, same stuff different year.....but I WOULD actually like something very interesting and exciting...
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2019
    Hmmm...

Well most of the packs in 2016 and 2017 were SP's so......meh What matters is how the features impact the gameplay/the sims themselves and those can only come in GP's and EP's (mostly EP's).
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Probably just 2 Expansion Packs with free content in Patches in between.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I really don't think about it much anymore - and no point speculating- It is what it is and no point in getting in a tissy with what ever it is. I just wait and see.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    xAKsWifey24xxAKsWifey24x Posts: 5 New Member
    I would like to see,

University,
    teen stuff pack
    Supernatural pack (Witches, Werewolves, fairies, elves)
    Another vacation world (Beach or snow related like a ski resort)
    A pack that has new skills
  • Options
    AddsterAddster Posts: 3 New Member
    No more support for TS3 & It will be removed from the store for TS3 UC (Ultimate Collection), Sims 5 Announced, Teen Pregnancy added, Pre-Teens and many more
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    I have a strong sense that we will get witches, university, and a baby overhaul.
  • Options
    SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    I'm really hoping it's the year we finally get meaty Supernatural/Occult content. I mean, it's kinda sad Sims 4 basically only has Vampires after 4 whole years.
    My favorite would be mermaids since it would mean they'd add underwater diving mechanics akin to Island Paradise, and it would probably come in a tropical themed world as well.

That and University. Frankly I'd be satisfied with Witches, Werewolves, Mermaids with a tropical world/diving and University.