Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Iceman's Marvel Mafia - Town Wins, Pg 25

Comments

• Options
    ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    All those people who pick closed setup and expect me to do most of the scum hunting and would start calling me the bad guy if I make mistakes with my lynches:
    source.gif

😂

Excuse me. I can find scum too sometimes :confounded: And I try not to base my accusations off things like that. If their reasoning behind the lynch was scummy then I'd take a second look.

I think closed is fun!

I'm not talking about you particularly cuz I know you scum hunt a lot and you don't tend to go after me just cuz I lack scum hunting skills. 🤣

I freaking hate closed, to be honest. It's just not as fun for me. I don't know why. 🤷‍♀️ Cuz it just feels like you're blinding killing people hoping that you'll kill the bad guy and town usually tend to lose in these types of games too cuz sometimes they don't even know how maybe mafia there are but since this isn't a greater type game, then I guess Icey would at least balance it out. I like semi closed cuz it feels like putting puzzle pieces together and it's just more fun for me cuz I tend to do a lot of good thinking. But for closed setups, I tend to overthink cuz the possibilities are endless and then I just like give up cuz I know I'm probably wrong. 😂

But oh well, you all do you then. I'm just saying. I probably won't contribute as much in a closed setup. 😬

I like it fine as long as the game doesn't have many obscure roles that mess with the game, like Judas or Aliens.

If everyone knows there is say... a Cop they might not put as much effort into scum hunting knowing they can just wait for the cops results.
    unknown.png
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Hmm.. what if at the end of each day or night a role that's in the game could be revealed? I like the idea of not knowing whats going to be in the game so would prefer there to not be a list from the very start.. but as the game goes on it could be fun to learn a new bit of information :smile:

Just an idea..

Hmm, this is actually a novel approach. I'm not sure how this affects balance, but I'll consider it if we do a closed game
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Oh, and I updated the front page to have a beginner's guide :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,616 Member
    Hmm.. what if at the end of each day or night a role that's in the game could be revealed? I like the idea of not knowing whats going to be in the game so would prefer there to not be a list from the very start.. but as the game goes on it could be fun to learn a new bit of information :smile:

Just an idea..

Then that's not closed anymore. LOL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    All those people who pick closed setup and expect me to do most of the scum hunting and would start calling me the bad guy if I make mistakes with my lynches:
    source.gif

😂

Excuse me. I can find scum too sometimes :confounded: And I try not to base my accusations off things like that. If their reasoning behind the lynch was scummy then I'd take a second look.

I think closed is fun!

I'm not talking about you particularly cuz I know you scum hunt a lot and you don't tend to go after me just cuz I lack scum hunting skills. 🤣

I freaking hate closed, to be honest. It's just not as fun for me. I don't know why. 🤷‍♀️ Cuz it just feels like you're blinding killing people hoping that you'll kill the bad guy and town usually tend to lose in these types of games too cuz sometimes they don't even know how maybe mafia there are but since this isn't a greater type game, then I guess Icey would at least balance it out. I like semi closed cuz it feels like putting puzzle pieces together and it's just more fun for me cuz I tend to do a lot of good thinking. But for closed setups, I tend to overthink cuz the possibilities are endless and then I just like give up cuz I know I'm probably wrong. 😂

But oh well, you all do you then. I'm just saying. I probably won't contribute as much in a closed setup. 😬

I like it fine as long as the game doesn't have many obscure roles that mess with the game, like Judas or Aliens.

If everyone knows there is say... a Cop they might not put as much effort into scum hunting knowing they can just wait for the cops results.

That's why I like semi closed but maybe like the harder ones.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Just an idea..

It's a leaky closed game :D

Preferences

Open - Rose, Gameplay (2)
    Semi-open - DeKay, City (2)
    Closed - Rose, Bow, Zinnia, Broncos, Charlie, Sigzy (6)

Currently, closed is winning

• Options
    An Oracle(?) is a role that learns a it of information about a setup each night. Sometimes they can ask the host a question about it within reason, otherwise it's just random.
    unknown.png
  • Options
    In the case of a closed setup, I'll at least let everyone know how many players from each faction there are in the game, just not their roles.

• Options
    An Oracle(?) is a role that learns a it of information about a setup each night. Sometimes they can ask the host a question about it within reason, otherwise it's just random.

Ooh, this is interesting.

• Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    In the case of a closed setup, I'll at least let everyone know how many players from each faction there are in the game, just not their roles.

But you said there is only gonna be one scum faction. Ah heck, there's gonna be serial killers and cults, isn't there? NooOoo. RIP town.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Just an idea..

Hmm, this is actually a novel approach. I'm not sure how this affects balance, but I'll consider it if we do a closed game

Don't do it. Let them suffer for picking closed while I sip on my tea. :naughty:
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member

Just an idea..

But it's not really semi-closed or open.. so it falls into the great unknown :tongue:
  • Options

But you said there is only gonna be one scum faction. Ah heck, there's gonna be serial killers and cults, isn't there? NooOoo. RIP town.

I'll also announce how many third party players there are, if ever. I don't think the game will be big enough to warrant more than 1 killing faction though.

• Options

I like multiple factions. Sometimes they murder each other.
    unknown.png
  • Options

Just an idea..

If it's used and works it can be called 'Bow's Great Idea' :smirk:

Or if it fails.. 'Never listen to Bow' :joy:
  • Options

I like multiple factions. Sometimes they murder each other.

This is a bit of luck on town's part. I remember that Beanboozled game where there were three scum players from two factions. If they had killed any townies that night, town would've lost, but as luck would have it, they killed each other, which led to 3 town players and 1 werewolf.

• Options

Just an idea..

If it's used and works it can be called 'Bow's Great Idea' :smirk:

Or if it fails.. 'Never listen to Bow' :joy:

:joy:

• Options

Just an idea..

But it's not really semi-closed or open.. so it falls into the great unknown :tongue:

I dot't think you know what semi closed is. Closed means you don't know the roles at all in the game. Leaking the roles one by one is considered it making it semi closed. Yes, it will be closed on the first day but when you leak the roles, it is already smei closed. 😊 There's different types of semi closed. There's one that is easier like the previous game where you know the possible PR but you don't know which one the mafia picked. Another one that's a bit tricky is like Crafty's game where she pulled out numbers to determine what roles we get, the one where you were confused about the number of Mafias in there and where I caught Bubbz and you didn't know how we got the number of Mafias. XD

Some other difficult one is maybe a Rad idea or Greater idea. There's a list of like 100 roles to choose from and for Rad idea, the players get to mix and match their alignment with the role.

The hardest closed setup I've ever played is one where we weren't even told the alignment and role of the person who we lynched. That one was crazy.

My fav semi closed I've ever played was Charge Me Up https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Charge_Me_Up!
    Where the players in pre game get to vote or something like that on who could get PRs.

Maybe this is also why I like semi closed, cuz players sometimes tend to get involved during the pre game and it feels more fun. But for closed, you just get what you get or at least from my experience, it seemed like that. Maybe the host might let you pick your own role but that's about it.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Just an idea..

I dot't think you know what semi closed is. Closed means you don't know the roles at all in the game. Leaking the roles one by one is considered it making it semi closed. Yes, it will be closed on the first day but when you leak the roles, it is already smei closed. 😊 There's different types of semi closed. There's one that is easier like the previous game where you know the possible PR but you don't know which one the mafia picked. Another one that's a bit tricky is like Crafty's game where she pulled out numbers to determine what roles we get, the one where you were confused about the number of Mafias in there and where I caught Bubbz and you didn't know how we got the number of Mafias. XD

Some other difficult one is maybe a Rad idea or Greater idea. There's a list of like 100 roles to choose from and for Rad idea, the players get to mix and match their alignment with the role.

The hardest closed setup I've ever played is one where we weren't even told the alignment and role of the person who we lynched. That one was crazy.

My fav semi closed I've ever played was Charge Me Up https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Charge_Me_Up!
    Where the players in pre game get to vote or something like that on who could get PRs.

Maybe this is also why I like semi closed, cuz players sometimes tend to get involved during the pre game and it feels more fun. But for closed, you just get what you get or at least from my experience, it seemed like that. Maybe the host might let you pick your own role but that's about it.

If not Closed then I would prefer semi-closed too. Semi closed can get a bit role heavy/dependent though and I'd rather everyone focus more on being active in-thread and scum hunting there :grimace:
    unknown.png
  • Options
    I would like to know the roles of those lynched otherwise that would be super hard and confusing :lol:

I wouldn't mind being sent 2 roles and choosing 1 then the discarded being shown, like the game from the um boards. Thats semi-closed?? I don't lol.. confusing :confounded: Like what Zinnia said about people knowing certain roles so not bothering as much.. I thought it would be fun having to work a bit harder to figure out what everyone is, so I didn't want the roles being shown. I don't think i've played a closed game before, so something new :smile:
  • Options

Just an idea..

If not Closed then I would prefer semi-closed too. Semi closed can get a bit role heavy/dependent though and I'd rather everyone focus more on being active in-thread and scum hunting there :grimace:

You would expect people to be active here... LOL, okay.
    I would like to know the roles of those lynched otherwise that would be super hard and confusing :lol:

I wouldn't mind being sent 2 roles and choosing 1 then the discarded being shown, like the game from the um boards. Thats semi-closed?? I don't lol.. confusing :confounded: Like what Zinnia said about people knowing certain roles so not bothering as much.. I thought it would be fun having to work a bit harder to figure out what everyone is, so I didn't want the roles being shown. I don't think i've played a closed game before, so something new :smile:

That's semi closed, yes. But that's Greater/Rad mafia and Icey isn't doing that.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Just an idea..

You would expect people to be active here... LOL, okay.

That's semi closed, yes. But that's Greater/Rad mafia and Icey isn't doing that.

Well, I don't know the UM game per se, it's possible the players weren't shown a list to choose from but rather the host just gives them random ones. In that case, I'd say that's closed? But then, the discards are like for nothing. XD
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I like having werewolves.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    citysimmer wrote: »

I like being a werewolf.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    citysimmer wrote: »

I like being a werewolf.

I remember you being werewolf my first game and nobody trusted me towards the end because I got the name of my role wrong and Bella endgamed.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg