Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• Options
    QuinurthQuinurth Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey,
    I'm having issues with the number of sims per lot part of the mod but I am failing at finding the troubleshooting for that part of the mod lol. Can anyone direct me to troubleshooting for number of sims per household?
    Thanks ^_^
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited November 2018
    Quinurth wrote: »
    Hey,
    I'm having issues with the number of sims per lot part of the mod but I am failing at finding the troubleshooting for that part of the mod lol. Can anyone direct me to troubleshooting for number of sims per household?
    Thanks ^_^

I guess you're refering to households larger than 8 Sims, right?

Have a look at the FAQ:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/help/faq
    There are two paragraphs for HH > 8, one in section "MC Command Center Q&A" and one in section "MC Population Q&A".

Computer:MCCC > MCCC Settings > Gameplay Settings > Maximum Household Size
    This setting allows overriding the default EA maximum household size of 8 to another value, up to 25. Note that when you have more than 8 Sims in a household, there are some in-game issues dealing with CAS. You have to use 'Modify in CAS' for the Sims that are after the first 8 in the household from the 'Sims Commands' menu. When a new update from EA comes-out, if you try to use the update when MCCC isn't updated, it could cause problems dealing with these households. This is the same as any household size change mod, but I just wanted to make sure it was noted here that these things should be kept in mind.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Evalance wrote: »
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    How do I unsync glasses on sims? I remember in previous versions I could choose to sync/unsync them but I can't find it anymore. I want to unsync glasses because I like to give sims sunglasses for their hot weather outfit, but then they will end up having glasses for every other outfit category (except sleep and swim but it's still kind of annoying)

Glasses aren't synched in the game. You can choose them for individual outfits. If you don't want them, just go into CAS and remove them. You can have different glasses for every outfit, or glasses with some and not with others, or no glasses at all.

I think they are synced...when I create outfits for townies and give them sunglasses in the hot weather outfit but not for any other outfit, the next time I see them they'll be walking around with the same sunglasses in their cold weather outfit or everyday outfits. When I go into CAS with them they will have the sunglasses on every outfit other than sleep and swimwear. I could remove them in CAS, but doing that for every townie would be a real pain. So how do I stop this from happening?

@rosemow is this a game issue?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    How do I unsync glasses on sims? I remember in previous versions I could choose to sync/unsync them but I can't find it anymore. I want to unsync glasses because I like to give sims sunglasses for their hot weather outfit, but then they will end up having glasses for every other outfit category (except sleep and swim but it's still kind of annoying)

Glasses aren't synched in the game. You can choose them for individual outfits. If you don't want them, just go into CAS and remove them. You can have different glasses for every outfit, or glasses with some and not with others, or no glasses at all.

I think they are synced...when I create outfits for townies and give them sunglasses in the hot weather outfit but not for any other outfit, the next time I see them they'll be walking around with the same sunglasses in their cold weather outfit or everyday outfits. When I go into CAS with them they will have the sunglasses on every outfit other than sleep and swimwear. I could remove them in CAS, but doing that for every townie would be a real pain. So how do I stop this from happening?

Hello @Bananas_45 . Bonxie has posted about this in this link post
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16812704/#Comment_16812704
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @Bananas_45 . Bonxie has posted about this in this link post
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16812704/#Comment_16812704

Thank you @rosemow! I missed that somehow.
  • Options
    QuinurthQuinurth Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Bonxie said:
    > Quinurth wrote: »
    >
    > Hey,
    > I'm having issues with the number of sims per lot part of the mod but I am failing at finding the troubleshooting for that part of the mod lol. Can anyone direct me to troubleshooting for number of sims per household?
    > Thanks ^_^
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I guess you're refering to households larger than 8 Sims, right?
    >
    > Have a look at the FAQ:
    > There are two paragraphs for HH > 8, one in section "MC Command Center Q&A" and one in section "MC Population Q&A".
    >
    > Computer:MCCC > MCCC Settings > Gameplay Settings > Maximum Household Size
    > This setting allows overriding the default EA maximum household size of 8 to another value, up to 25. Note that when you have more than 8 Sims in a household, there are some in-game issues dealing with CAS. You have to use 'Modify in CAS' for the Sims that are after the first 8 in the household from the 'Sims Commands' menu. When a new update from EA comes-out, if you try to use the update when MCCC isn't updated, it could cause problems dealing with these households. This is the same as any household size change mod, but I just wanted to make sure it was noted here that these things should be kept in mind.

Thank you!
  • Options
    MeeversMeevers Posts: 5 New Member
    I could use some help with townies. They're aging rapidly compared to played sims, for example children are supposed to stay children for 20 days (I set it to this manually in MCC settings and playing as a child it says 20 days until age up) however townie children age up to teens in a matter of days. It's making it so there are really no children or toddlers in my game because they're aging up far too quickly for there to be any consistently, so any children I make and play can't have any friends their own age.

I also have another issue: I have random pregnancies enabled, but no matter how much I lower the percentages for them to occur I'm constantly getting pregnancies every time it checks for them. I have all ages set to a 1% chance and there is still at least 2 pregnancies every check (it was 11+ per week when they were set to only a 10% chance!!). It's frustrating because I want people to be able to get pregnant but the sheer amount of babies is getting ridiculous, I keep having to go in and delete them all. Then they age up all the way to a teen in a few days. My game is being overrun by teens.
  • Options
    Meevers wrote: »
    I could use some help with townies. They're aging rapidly compared to played sims, for example children are supposed to stay children for 20 days (I set it to this manually in MCC settings and playing as a child it says 20 days until age up) however townie children age up to teens in a matter of days. It's making it so there are really no children or toddlers in my game because they're aging up far too quickly for there to be any consistently, so any children I make and play can't have any friends their own age.

I also have another issue: I have random pregnancies enabled, but no matter how much I lower the percentages for them to occur I'm constantly getting pregnancies every time it checks for them. I have all ages set to a 1% chance and there is still at least 2 pregnancies every check (it was 11+ per week when they were set to only a 10% chance!!). It's frustrating because I want people to be able to get pregnant but the sheer amount of babies is getting ridiculous, I keep having to go in and delete them all. Then they age up all the way to a teen in a few days. My game is being overrun by teens.

Strange - what other mods are you using?
  • Options
    Everybody,

Patch day at Tuesday, Nov 13, 2018 is confirmed by Kate during today's live stream!

It will be released on that day at the usual time: 10am PST, 1pm EST, 6pm GMT, 19:00 CET
    For Fareast and Australia/New Zealand it will be Wednesday, Nov 14, 2018, in the early morning hours.

The EP "Get Famous" release will be in five different time zones, always at midnight Nov. 16, just like the EP "Seasons" release in June.
  • Options
    MeeversMeevers Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Bonxie said:
    > Meevers wrote: »
    >
    > I could use some help with townies. They're aging rapidly compared to played sims, for example children are supposed to stay children for 20 days (I set it to this manually in MCC settings and playing as a child it says 20 days until age up) however townie children age up to teens in a matter of days. It's making it so there are really no children or toddlers in my game because they're aging up far too quickly for there to be any consistently, so any children I make and play can't have any friends their own age.
    >
    > I also have another issue: I have random pregnancies enabled, but no matter how much I lower the percentages for them to occur I'm constantly getting pregnancies every time it checks for them. I have all ages set to a 1% chance and there is still at least 2 pregnancies every check (it was 11+ per week when they were set to only a 10% chance!!). It's frustrating because I want people to be able to get pregnant but the sheer amount of babies is getting ridiculous, I keep having to go in and delete them all. Then they age up all the way to a teen in a few days. My game is being overrun by teens.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Strange - what other mods are you using?

Nothing else that messes with pregnancies or ages. Mostly when it comes to scripts I have a lot of tuning of autonomy for actions and fixes, a lot of Ms Sam's mods, a lot of Cool1's mods, personality please mod, vampirism is fun, a set gender preference mod. I have traits and careers but I doubt they're affecting MCC and they're all up to date. But I made sure to not get anything that's already covered by MCC, anyway. MCC is the only thing that's touching pregnancy and aging and it's perfectly fine for played sims, so I'm really not sure what it's doing to my townies.
  • Options
    Meevers wrote: »
    Nothing else that messes with pregnancies or ages. Mostly when it comes to scripts I have a lot of tuning of autonomy for actions and fixes, a lot of Ms Sam's mods, a lot of Cool1's mods, personality please mod, vampirism is fun, a set gender preference mod. I have traits and careers but I doubt they're affecting MCC and they're all up to date. But I made sure to not get anything that's already covered by MCC, anyway. MCC is the only thing that's touching pregnancy and aging and it's perfectly fine for played sims, so I'm really not sure what it's doing to my townies.

Honestly, I don't have any idea, what's going on in your game. Come over to our MCCC Discord server. I guess one of the support team members is able to give advice. Got to the #general_support channel and ask there.

Use this link: https://discord.gg/25AaE8a
  • Options
    Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    Please help me. How set mccc that it does not with me families? Because I have 15 families as my household. I play one. Next Play second and look on third. And I am in shock! Becasuse third and four families have new baby!!! I will not this! It is ok with families townie families, that are not in my households. Být in my stories families I will not this!
    Thanks for help, Sorry For My English.
  • Options
    Please help me. How set mccc that it does not with me families? Because I have 15 families as my household. I play one. Next Play second and look on third. And I am in shock! Becasuse third and four families have new baby!!! I will not this! It is ok with families townie families, that are not in my households. Být in my stories families I will not this!
    Thanks for help, Sorry For My English.

Check Computer:MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Pregnant Sim Selection > Bypass Played Households
    Just as the option name says, it bpasses any household flagged as a 'Played Household' in the Manage Households screen so it will not be used for pregnancy, if set to 'enabled'.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Thank you for the patch info @Bonxie :)

Considering the fact that I'm in no hurry to get Get Famous (if I get it) I'll just be waiting for an update to MCCC before I install the November patch.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    BabySquare wrote: »

Considering the fact that I'm in no hurry to get Get Famous (if I get it) I'll just be waiting for an update to MCCC before I install the November patch.

Imho the best thing you can do.

When I started in Sep 2014 with S4, first thing I did was deactivating the online features including the auto patch feature. I always wait a reasonable time with patching, until we know what's going on.

Double check whether your automatic update function in Origin is set to "disabled". Once you see the announcement, that a patch is ready for dl and install, you have to go offline to prevent the mandatory patching. But I guess you already know.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »

When I started in Sep 2014 with S4, first thing I did was deactivating the online features including the auto patch feature. I always wait a reasonable time with patching, until we know what's going on.

Double check whether your automatic update function in Origin is set to "disabled". Once you see the announcement, that a patch is ready for dl and install, you have to go offline to prevent the mandatory patching. But I guess you already know.

mine is does that mean my current mods will still work? someone in the countdown thread said i should remove my mods folder but i thought that the game just generates a new one. but i'm not techy.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member

mine is does that mean my current mods will still work? someone in the countdown thread said i should remove my mods folder but i thought that the game just generates a new one. but i'm not techy.

The game will generate a new Mods folder, however, it will be empty. The whole point is, you need to remove your Mods folder prior to patching this time in particular. We've been told it's another mod-buster patch. As for your current mods, I'm guessing they will work so long as you don't patch the game. Otherwise, you have until Tuesday (tomorrow) when said patch is expected to drop.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    @GalacticGal do I need to move the mods folder itself to my desktop or will just moving the contents of my mods folder to my desktop do?
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

The game will generate a new Mods folder, however, it will be empty. The whole point is, you need to remove your Mods folder prior to patching this time in particular. We've been told it's another mod-buster patch. As for your current mods, I'm guessing they will work so long as you don't patch the game. Otherwise, you have until Tuesday (tomorrow) when said patch is expected to drop.

thanks.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    @GalacticGal do I need to move the mods folder itself to my desktop or will just moving the contents of my mods folder to my desktop do?

I suppose you could, but what would be the point? Moving the entire Mods folder by dragging it to your desktop is far easier.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Lianuh1104Lianuh1104 Posts: 142 Member
    Is there a general timeline we can expect for an update to MCCC after the patch? I genuinely have no idea how long these kind of things take. I'm planning to stop the auto-patch and wait to update until MCCC is good to go, I'm just curious if I should expect it to take a few days, a few weeks, a month, or even longer?
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    Lianuh1104 wrote: »
    Is there a general timeline we can expect for an update to MCCC after the patch? I genuinely have no idea how long these kind of things take. I'm planning to stop the auto-patch and wait to update until MCCC is good to go, I'm just curious if I should expect it to take a few days, a few weeks, a month, or even longer?

Probably a day or two before there's a hotfix patch, and there's often a further one or two hotfix patches before all the remaining glitches are ironed out.
  • Options
    Lianuh1104 wrote: »

They usually have something up and running the same day. Since this is a more complicated change, it might take a day or two. There will be posts in this thread when it is back up and running. There is usually a broken/updated mods thread if you want to keep an eye out for progress on other Script Mods as well.
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    @luthienrising has completed her usual broken/updated mods thread and it is ready to be published as soon as patch hits, so yeah that thread is confirmed. :)
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    itsug wrote: »
    @luthienrising has completed her usual broken/updated mods thread and it is ready to be published as soon as patch hits, so yeah that thread is confirmed. :)

Do you have a link for that, @itsug, I don't see it anywhere? Thanks.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top