Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Upcoming content to be teased Oct 2nd (Today)

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2018
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    I never noticed before, but the picture in the Maxis Monthly is very similar to da Vinci's The Last Supper.

It is.

Laatste-Avondmaal-Abdij-Tongerlo.png

MaxisMontly-560x315.jpg

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    well guys we will get some news on october 2
    we have 5 days to go
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Evalyn326Evalyn326 Posts: 167 Member
    Nice!
  • Options
    HistoricKiwiHistoricKiwi Posts: 63 Member
    yay (:
    I am very excited and very curious as to what it will be!
  • Options
    yay (:
    I am very excited and very curious as to what it will be!

me to
  • Options
    TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    where did you get this info from? this is very exciting!
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• Options
    simgurus
  • Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    i wonder if it's news about a new pack?
  • Options
    I don't know I hope its good though
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I hope its a new awesome pack. Need some new things to do with my sims. I recently shared some new ideas and hope it will be something like this or even better!
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    @SimGuruSteve Does this mean Bob is the Watcher afterall? #BobSquad !
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,653 Member
    Thanks for posting this. I need something positive to focus on right now. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    Oh that is coming up soon! Very exciting :D
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    A CNN special??? How grand in scope is this update? Short of an overhaul of the game's core systems, it seems excessive. Not even toddlers got this treatment, and it was a highly requested feature and entirely new life stage.

They also dampened the hype for the gallery patch, so it would be strange for them to overhype now

It might be about creating the game in general, not just about the upcoming content. Voice work, concept artists, animators, etc. Maybe an interview with Lyndsay about how far the game has come from the early days. Inclusion in the Sims 4 such as the gender patch and the discussion of adding disabilities (though I think those would be better in a potential Sims 5 base game rather than shoehorning them in now). I hope there'll be plenty of notice for the CNN show.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    I read the articles this time, and it seems like the titles are misleading. Danny is right. The special is on voice acting, and one of the actors said he can't wait for the patch to drop. So it's more like a regular BTS with one of the VAs hyping the next update. Which could be something big or not, depending on how excitable the actor is.

Although if you think about it, do you think the next content patch makes use of new voice acting and that's why he was excited? If it does, maybe it's a new feature? I imagine new clothes/objects or UI changes don't require any voice acting

I can't think of a patch that would need voice work. A pack, certainly, so the voice work could be for a pack releasing in time for the holiday shopping season.
  • Options
    Another question that arises is: Do we even have a table this long in the game like on the render below?

Yep that’s the base game mission style table. The Sims are posed around it in ways that aren’t replicable in-game, but that’s typical for promotional renderings.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Another question that arises is: Do we even have a table this long in the game like on the render below?

That's art created by the art department, not a screen shot from the game. An artist created that painting.

I think it’s a mixture of both. They have a sim poser that they use to get the initial shot and then take the image into photoshop and do touch ups and some edits for things like facial expressions, shadows, mesh distortions, etc.

I think it's the Mega Mega Table -- can seat 8 Sims unlike the Mega Table that only seats 6.
  • Options
    EA's not the first nor the last to parody DaVinci's iconic painting -- go to Google Images and enter Last Supper parody in the search box. LIke this one from The Simpsons:

thesimpsonslastsupper.jpg

• Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    EA's not the first nor the last to parody DaVinci's iconic painting -- go to Google Images and enter Last Supper parody in the search box. LIke this one from The Simpsons:

thesimpsonslastsupper.jpg

I agree that there are many parodies, but is that really one? Neither the amount of "people" nor the poses fit. To me it just looks like 9 characters sitting around a bar and drinking tbh :#
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,466 Member
    Yay! Looking forward to the news!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

Yep that’s the base game mission style table. The Sims are posed around it in ways that aren’t replicable in-game, but that’s typical for promotional renderings.

That's art created by the art department, not a screen shot from the game. An artist created that painting.

I think it’s a mixture of both. They have a sim poser that they use to get the initial shot and then take the image into photoshop and do touch ups and some edits for things like facial expressions, shadows, mesh distortions, etc.

I think it's the Mega Mega Table -- can seat 8 Sims unlike the Mega Table that only seats 6.

That’s the one I was referring to my bad. Lol
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Temp closing this to clean up the last few posts. Reopened.
    Folks, if you want to discuss art that's cool but please remember that making it about religion or politics is against the rules. Religion and Politics are flamebaiting topics that are never conducted appropriately - to add, bringing them into discussions veer the conversations off-topic. This is unfair to people looking to talk about the topic of the thread. As for this thread, it offers a space to chat and speculate about what the upcoming content in the Maxis Monthly might or might not be about. Let's keep it on topic please.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I read the articles this time, and it seems like the titles are misleading. Danny is right. The special is on voice acting, and one of the actors said he can't wait for the patch to drop. So it's more like a regular BTS with one of the VAs hyping the next update. Which could be something big or not, depending on how excitable the actor is.

Although if you think about it, do you think the next content patch makes use of new voice acting and that's why he was excited? If it does, maybe it's a new feature? I imagine new clothes/objects or UI changes don't require any voice acting

I can't think of a patch that would need voice work. A pack, certainly, so the voice work could be for a pack releasing in time for the holiday shopping season.

I think the ghosts, pools, and toddlers patches would need some voice work (if the ones for ghosts and pools weren't secretly hidden in the game files). Unless all the voice clips used by ghost and pool animations were recycled (which is possible, I guess). Toddlers would definitely need voice work though, because it's an entirely new life stage.

I do hope the update is big enough to warrant new voice work.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for Katy Perry Sweet Treats 2.0.

I'd rather have Gaga. My sims need a meat dress. :D

I'd rather have Frankenstein then get Katy Perry Sweet Treats, no not again ever.
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Wait and See because... I don't want to scream or to cry in advance lol.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top