Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Hi folks.

I have a friend who is a complete bookworm nerd. He loves reading. I happened to have the forums up on my computer when he came to visit. He's always been nosy and this time was no exception. He knew I played The Sims as a hobby, but didn't know I wrote some SimLit.

He started browsing the The Sims 4 Challenges, Stories and Legacies category. He asked me if there was a central station where all these stories were being advertised as there is a lot of threads to go through. I showed him STORIES AND LEGACIES INDEX GATEWAY. I told him it's a bit outdated and hasn't been updated in some time as the creator is probably busy.

Well, my friend has offered to set up a domain and server to create a new and exciting Links Directory. This is not to take away from all the hard work that @mastressalita had done. And her WordPress website seems to be on the fritz and the Directory section has no content.

He just wants to host it, but not run it. He'll do all the techie stuff and that fun jazz. And he'll use it as another reading source for himself.

The premise of the Directory is for any members to submit their SimLit to it. Then there will be moderators to approve listings. For obvious reasons, we don't want just any link to get into the Directory. We want it SimLit only related. Guests will have to register to submit their SimLit. But the fun facts he told me is that members can submit as many stories of theirs and keep track of how many they submitted. There will be multiple categories they can submit their stories to as well, in case it should fall into more than one. Also, he's going to go through the first couple pages of the The Sims 4 Challenges, Stories and Legacies category and add stories to the Directory. They will have no member submitted text to them. If you see your story listed, you can register and claim that you wrote the story and a moderator can then link it to your member account so you can update/edit it.

Once he gets it all set up and in working condition, he's going to show me the ropes. He suggested and recommends that members from here become moderators over there to help the approving of story submissions. At that time, I will ask for help. I'll probably even ask @mastressalita to be an honorary moderator.

Anyway, I thought I'd share that we should be getting a new Directory soon where we can easily put all these great SimLits into another central area.

The-Voice.gif

mast left it open to all stories cathtea probably knowsmore but its like here for all games. so while ilove the idea of reviving it it could be a huge project.
  • Options
    squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    Hello everyone! I'm here with today's update of Nightshade which you can read here! :smiley:
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • Options
    ChrinnieChrinnie Posts: 982 Member
    Hello everyone! I'm here with today's update of Nightshade which you can read here! :smiley:

They're so cute! LOL. I'm just hoping no one's mother finds out. That could get... tricky.
    Author of: The Rossi Legacy | The Inheritance
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
  • Options
    Chrinnie wrote: »

They're so cute! LOL. I'm just hoping no one's mother finds out. That could get... tricky.

Yes, it could. We all know how mothers can be! :joy:
    37oYgl3.png
  • Options
    1-09: A Change In Tone is now up and posted. Don't be alarmed, there aren't any picture. Just Sergio talking to you, the wonderful readers.
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,241 Member
    mast left it open to all stories cathtea probably knowsmore but its like here for all games. so while ilove the idea of reviving it it could be a huge project.

He's given me a sneak peek so far. It's looking pretty awesome in my humble opinion. He's got all my SimLit added already :grimace: and has started adding others. I'll try and get screenshots.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,764 Member
    Just discovered someone created an OUAT machinia to a no-longer working youtube channel musical video song
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

He's given me a sneak peek so far. It's looking pretty awesome in my humble opinion. He's got all my SimLit added already :grin: and has started adding others. I'll try and get screenshots.

fixed you emoji.
  • Options
    1-09: A Change In Tone is now up and posted. Don't be alarmed, there aren't any picture. Just Sergio talking to you, the wonderful readers.

Well, that makes 2 chapters I have to catch up on tomorrow!
    37oYgl3.png
  • Options
    It's hard for me to keep on a specific schedule. Like, it's Sun, Tue, and Thur, but sometimes I get the urge to post additional chapters. Should I post them additionally, or just schedule them to come out on the scheduled days?
    mW8spBr.png
  • Options
    XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    @Jessicthulhu I love making sims! What packs do you have? I like making sims with lots of secrets, hehe...

I have all of the expansions, but the only pack I have is Parenthood. (I just bought it today!)

If you look at my profile, you'll find the (newly-made) Anders brothers! You can play with the tone of their secrets as much as you like; sorry if I made them too dark.
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    @Jessicthulhu I love making sims! What packs do you have? I like making sims with lots of secrets, hehe...

I have all of the expansions, but the only pack I have is Parenthood. (I just bought it today!)

If you look at my profile, you'll find the (newly-made) Anders brothers! You can play with the tone of their secrets as much as you like; sorry if I made them too dark.

Whoops, forgot to tag @Jessicthulhu !
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,241 Member
    Hi folks.

I have a friend who is a complete bookworm nerd. He loves reading. I happened to have the forums up on my computer when he came to visit. He's always been nosy and this time was no exception. He knew I played The Sims as a hobby, but didn't know I wrote some SimLit.

He started browsing the The Sims 4 Challenges, Stories and Legacies category. He asked me if there was a central station where all these stories were being advertised as there is a lot of threads to go through. I showed him STORIES AND LEGACIES INDEX GATEWAY. I told him it's a bit outdated and hasn't been updated in some time as the creator is probably busy.

Well, my friend has offered to set up a domain and server to create a new and exciting Links Directory. This is not to take away from all the hard work that @mastressalita had done. And her WordPress website seems to be on the fritz and the Directory section has no content.

He just wants to host it, but not run it. He'll do all the techie stuff and that fun jazz. And he'll use it as another reading source for himself.

The premise of the Directory is for any members to submit their SimLit to it. Then there will be moderators to approve listings. For obvious reasons, we don't want just any link to get into the Directory. We want it SimLit only related. Guests will have to register to submit their SimLit. But the fun facts he told me is that members can submit as many stories of theirs and keep track of how many they submitted. There will be multiple categories they can submit their stories to as well, in case it should fall into more than one. Also, he's going to go through the first couple pages of the The Sims 4 Challenges, Stories and Legacies category and add stories to the Directory. They will have no member submitted text to them. If you see your story listed, you can register and claim that you wrote the story and a moderator can then link it to your member account so you can update/edit it.

Once he gets it all set up and in working condition, he's going to show me the ropes. He suggested and recommends that members from here become moderators over there to help the approving of story submissions. At that time, I will ask for help. I'll probably even ask @mastressalita to be an honorary moderator.

Anyway, I thought I'd share that we should be getting a new Directory soon where we can easily put all these great SimLits into another central area.

The-Voice.gif

Some screenshots taken on how it looks so far. :)

screenshot-1.png

screenshot-2.png

screenshot-3.png

screenshot-4.png
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    It's hard for me to keep on a specific schedule. Like, it's Sun, Tue, and Thur, but sometimes I get the urge to post additional chapters. Should I post them additionally, or just schedule them to come out on the scheduled days?

I'm the worst person to answer this as I post whenever I feel like it but either would work. If you want to post them extra then do it or just save them. No one is really going to complain either way. :)
  • Options
    GratiaMundiGratiaMundi Posts: 62 Member
    Aah~ I see, thanks guys. I dunno, I guess I just never had a thing for him, but then again, I don't even know they guy too well. I like building a lot, and Forgotten Hollow doesn't strike me as the best real estate TwT
    Though, that said, isn't Vlad a young adult? Which is mind-boggling, to say the least, and also he's kind of the worst. I've had far too many sims get unsolicited visits from him in the night and it's like, come ON dude, I'm tired, I have work in the morning, I cannot afford to deal with your cravings right now :/
    I do enjoy playing vampire sims though, it's super fun :D unless you're like me and forget they shouldn't go out in the sunlight and then you wonder why they are dying ><
    19VOTi4.gif
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Erm...I think I get to call Dani my favourite character everyone...I'm seriously in blender right now making them an outfit for an upcoming chapter... It's going to be awesome!
  • Options
    MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    I'm really behind with writing the chapters for my legacy challenge but here is a new one :)
  • Options

I don't even have a schedule for mine yet, I just do it whenever. I really need to get a bit more organized, though. If you want to post additional chapters, then do it! :)
    37oYgl3.png
  • Options
    JessicthulhuJessicthulhu Posts: 315 Member
    Because I got Parenthood I wanted to play around with it before playing with it on any of my stories. Soooo, my boyfriend made me a family and the Mothers formal wear is the knight costume, and the dads party wear is the gnome costume.
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Those costumes are so silly and fun
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Erm...I think I get to call Dani my favourite character everyone...I'm seriously in blender right now making them an outfit for an upcoming chapter... It's going to be awesome!

@Bugsie2016 Ahhh tbh, I'm not surprised. :joy:
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Hi folks.

The-Voice.gif

screenshot-1.png

screenshot-2.png

screenshot-3.png

screenshot-4.png

@LegacySims2017 ahh this is such a great idea. :smiley: Thank the friend for me and the screenshots look great. XD
  • Options
    Hi folks.

The-Voice.gif

screenshot-1.png

screenshot-2.png

screenshot-3.png

screenshot-4.png

@LegacySims2017 ahh this is such a great idea. :smiley: Thank the friend for me and the screenshots look great. XD

cog is alive i don't think i saw you all day yesterday.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top