Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    Phew uninstall and reinstall worked. Thanks <3 though... I had to do it manually because the uninstall.exe was missing?!? So somehow I lost origin files that allowed it to run xD

Good to hear. :)
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Anyone besides @friendsfan367 and myself hear about the new free feature update + its will have a life stream

What? When? XD
  • Options
    Question for anyone who writes plot-driven (non legacies/challenges): How much of the story did you plan before starting it? How long did you spend planning it?
  • Options
    Anyone besides @friendsfan367 and myself hear about the new free feature update + its will have a life stream

What? When? XD

@Shadami 31st July
  • Options
    candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Question for anyone who writes plot-driven (non legacies/challenges): How much of the story did you plan before starting it? How long did you spend planning it?

hi @Bugsie2016 !
    my story is non-legacy and non-challenge. I planned the major plot points and all main characters before I started writing. On details of storytelling I decide shortly before the updates.
    I cannot say how long the planning took.
    Are you planning a new story?
  • Options

hi @Bugsie2016 !
    my story is non-legacy and non-challenge. I planned the major plot points and all main characters before I started writing. On details of storytelling I decide shortly before the updates.

I've been thinking about it. But not too sure. If I do start another then I want to be completely prepared...
  • Options
    candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member

hi @Bugsie2016 !

I've been thinking about it. But not too sure. If I do start another then I want to be completely prepared...

Well if it's plot driven it will definitely help to have the introduction, major plot twists and ending planned before starting. You can still change the direction while writing updates, though.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited July 2018
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

since i only write one page at at a time i tried to wrie the benders down first. then i went in game and they did the exact opposite of what i wrote then i got to generation 2 and ayden broke every rule withen ten sim days so now its a story.

i don't plan anymore. i say i'm lucky because its the benders story. i'm just the one they chose to write it down. yes bugsie i know i'm a dork.
  • Options
    RockannieRockannie Posts: 219 Member

Not gonna lie, I reeeeeeaaaaaaaallly thought it was gonna be the color wheel but I guess not :(:(:(:(:(
  • Options
    Just went on Twitter and started reading....anyone have any idea what the update might be about? They've pretty much shot down every single idea that anyone on Twitter has proposed that the community's been asking for. Don't know what it could be at this point to merit a 2-hr livestream.......
  • Options
    Rockannie wrote: »
    Just went on Twitter and started reading....anyone have any idea what the update might be about? They've pretty much shot down every single idea that anyone on Twitter has proposed that the community's been asking for. Don't know what it could be at this point to merit a 2-hr livestream.......

well @CathyTea can take a good guess with this question I'm about to ask

According to a twitter a month ago. Grant said a month previously they been working on something which they had been having problems with and after talking to wheelchair simmers the problem was fixed. So why would they need to talk to wheelchair simmers for to fix something?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

According to a twitter a month ago. Grant said a month previously they been working on something which they had been having problems with and after talking to wheelchair simmers the problem was fixed. So why would they need to talk to wheelchair simmers for to fix something?

I wonder if it's that..
  • Options

I wonder if it's that..

and this is also what he mentioned last month on Twitter

1)he mentions stairs turning into ramp-escalators things for wheelchairs 2)he mentions "SSL" (Simish Sign Language) ideas. 3) He also has mentioned they have talked to deaf and hard of hearing simmers to guide them (As well as other type of disabilities). 4) mentions wheelchairs would be open to all ages (outsides of babies) and that wheelchairs wouldn't be for one type of disability.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

That would really be awesome if so! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options

I wonder if it's that..

1)he mentions stairs turning into ramp-escalators things for wheelchairs 2)he mentions "SSL" (Simish Sign Language) ideas. 3) He also has mentioned they have talked to deaf and hard of hearing simmers to guide them (As well as other type of disabilities). 4) mentions wheelchairs would be open to all ages (outsides of babies) and that wheelchairs wouldn't be for one type of disability.

Oh Simlish Sign Language would be so amazing! :o

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »

I wonder if it's that..

oh yes I agree. This is a great idea! :smiley:
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    @CathyTea @simscognito so you figured out the question answer?

@CathyTea apparently there are
    Sims 4 poses for American (and maybe British-but mostly American) Sign Languages.

It's possibly the only logical explanation for why we would need a live stream to go with it right? Since why would we need a live stream for cars, a current life state, NPCs, newspapers, pizza, fruitcake, Swimming (everything but newspapers and certain NPCs we already have) everything that its *not*?. I'm not going to get my hopes up too much..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    the part of the day tomorrow where i'm not at work will probably be spent playing and writing. its dads one year aniversary tomorrow.
  • Options
    the part of the day tomorrow where i'm not at work will probably be spent playing and writing. its dads one year aniversary tomorrow.

Oh, really big hugs for you. I'll be around! I'll be thinking of you, too.

• Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

I wonder if it's that..

oh yes I agree. This is a great idea! :smiley:

Ooooooooh this sounds very interesting. Ugh I can't wait for the stream, I just want to knowwwwwwwwwwwwwww
  • Options
    It's here! Ron and Claire's wedding! :)
    Chapter 15
    tumblr_inline_pcm3vrf0mL1v2lczu_540.png
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member

This was a delightful read except for the negative responses. There are just SO MANY possibilities! I mean if this is a base game free update and not a "this pack is coming out soon" it's going to be something simpler but awesome. Something that doesn't require an entire pack on it's own.
    So that idea of wheel chairs and stuff sounds like a big possibility!
  • Options

This was a delightful read except for the negative responses. There are just SO MANY possibilities! I mean if this is a base game free update and not a "this pack is coming out soon" it's going to be something simpler but awesome. Something that doesn't require an entire pack on it's own.
    So that idea of wheel chairs and stuff sounds like a big possibility!

Tbh it definitely seems like that's what it's going to be, especially since they already ruled out it being about a new pack or anything.....hmmmmm
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    It's here! Ron and Claire's wedding! :)
    Chapter 15
    tumblr_inline_pcm3vrf0mL1v2lczu_540.png

Ohhhh I love this banner @Bugsie2016 :smiley:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file