Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Shadami wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Omg yes. Grandaunt and granduncle sounds so much better. I've been wanting to have that be a thing forever

@Shadami "Great Aunt or Uncle" makes me thing they are one's grandparents' aunt/uncle not their siblings (ie one's parents' aunt/uncle)

Exactly! I feel the same way!

Mom, dad ,uncle ,aunt
    Grandma ,grandpa ,great uncle, great aunt
    Great grandpa, great grandma, ??? , ????
    This doesn't make sense to me xD

To me it really doesn't matter. :) Guess it's 'cause I don't know any of my great grandparents' siblings. I only knew my great nanna (grandma) and I don't know if she had any siblings as I never met any. Also, my family doesn't really use 'step', 'half', 'great' or in terms of cousins 'second', 'first' etc as it's just easier to say cousin. E.g is my mum's uncle. He's just referred to as my uncle.

It's coming up as a thing for me not because of my granduncles or grandaunts but because I didn't know what title to give my uncles and aunts for my daughters to use. It's bad enough that I had two uncle John's, if I couldn't get the title right they'd have three uncle John's just on one side of the family. XD but yeah for the rest step, half , removed, I just can't be bothered. I think my oldest brother is a step? And my other two older siblings are half? But i always just called them brothers and sisters.

That's fair enough then. When people have the same name it will get confusing. I have two brothers with the same name. xD One is my half-brother and the other is my step-brother. :lol: Also, my sister and my other half-brother's girlfriend have the same name. :lol:

I have too different distant Uncles who are both named "Frank" . One Uncle Frank is my Maternal Grandma's Uncle (so technically great-Uncle). The other one is my dad's uncle (so granduncle). I have two Uncles who are "Jim" one is my Mother's brother and the other is my Father's brother-in-law.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Hi everyone. I'm new to writing about my sims life's. I wrote some small updates on the sims subreddit about my gameplay and noticed I enjoyed telling about my sims. I started a blog, but can't use the banner option and such because I'm not considered to be a full member. That's what you get for being a lurker most of the time ;)

Maybe it's a good thing I can't use the banner yet and/or link to my blog. There's not much there yet, but knowing myself, eventually there will be some sort of adult themes on it. Is that against the rules of this forum, I'm wondering? IF I ever make an adult themed post, I will always flag it as 'adult content' (talking about my blog, I understand that I can't post such things here) and never ever put an image/text on the front page of my blog that is explicit. Always a disclaimer that if you click on this chapter, there will be adult content. I know it isn't everyone's cup of tea and the last thing I want is to unintentionally shock someone, or get banned for not following the rules because I'm linking to it.

So, before I start posting and sharing, can someone elaborate on how a blog like this is handled here? (Note: it won't be only adult themed, most posts actually wouldn't be, just sometimes a post/chapter that may not be for everyone - with as I said, a clear disclaimer. I will limit myself if I exclude it from my writing :smile: ).

welcome. i'm a cohost here cathtea is the other and i forgot it was monday. i work weekends shes here during the weekends and evenings.

i'm doing a bad job of cohosting today. i usually come here first then go in game today i did the opposite and the next thing i knew it was noon.
  • Options
    yippiekayayyippiekayay Posts: 35 Member
    Hi everyone. I'm new to writing about my sims life's. I wrote some small updates on the sims subreddit about my gameplay and noticed I enjoyed telling about my sims. I started a blog, but can't use the banner option and such because I'm not considered to be a full member. That's what you get for being a lurker most of the time ;)

Maybe it's a good thing I can't use the banner yet and/or link to my blog. There's not much there yet, but knowing myself, eventually there will be some sort of adult themes on it. Is that against the rules of this forum, I'm wondering? IF I ever make an adult themed post, I will always flag it as 'adult content' (talking about my blog, I understand that I can't post such things here) and never ever put an image/text on the front page of my blog that is explicit. Always a disclaimer that if you click on this chapter, there will be adult content. I know it isn't everyone's cup of tea and the last thing I want is to unintentionally shock someone, or get banned for not following the rules because I'm linking to it.

So, before I start posting and sharing, can someone elaborate on how a blog like this is handled here? (Note: it won't be only adult themed, most posts actually wouldn't be, just sometimes a post/chapter that may not be for everyone - with as I said, a clear disclaimer. I will limit myself if I exclude it from my writing :smile: ).

welcome. i'm a cohost here cathtea is the other and i forgot it was monday. i work weekends shes here during the weekends and evenings.

i'm doing a bad job of cohosting today. i usually come here first then go in game today i did the opposite and the next thing i knew it was noon.

Thank you!

And not a problem at all, my questions got answered - it all went well. :)
    image.png
    Visit my gameplay-stories blog at: https://simagimary.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    New PTLT chapter:
    Chapter 20
    tumblr_inline_pcp4uyDktH1v2lczu_540.png
  • Options

Thank you!

And not a problem at all, my questions got answered - it all went well. :)

yeah works been nuts lately. so i destress first then come here.
  • Options
    i'm playing a family i hope to add to the benders story . the woman got pregnant but thats not the funny part she forgot to tell her husband.

yes jes before you ask it is his baby.
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member

I was the first to vote. I went with...
    Sloth
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    I been bad today..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

Sloth

whats sloth. i only know the animal kind.
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    edited July 2018
    Happy Timezones all! :blush:

Phew! I did it! Here's the final chapter of season 2 for Ironbound!

Chapter 152: Time to Grieve
    Well, the chapter title is spoilery enough. But still, have a pic of...
    boo.jpg
    Kurt Angler, the Angler Fish.

I'm going to take a longish break from this story while I focus on my new one for a bit. I think a bit of humour is grossly needed after all the intense stuff that happen over the last 20 odd chapters! :#
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    @Munterbacon

Well, that caught me off guard :open_mouth:

(I may or may not have let out an actual yelp when I saw it)
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    rednenemon wrote: »
    @Munterbacon

Well, that caught me off guard :open_mouth:

(I may or may not have let out an actual yelp when I saw it)

@rednenemon Oops... :#:D
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    AshubiiAshubii Posts: 795 Member
    Rockannie wrote: »
    Ashubii wrote: »
    Rockannie wrote: »
    First chapter is out!!! Let me know what you think lovelies!! :)
    http://rockanniesims.blogspot.com/2018/07/ato-chapter-1.html

edit: oops wrong link, tis' fixed now

Loved it! I'd comment on your blog, but I don't have a Blogspot :D This challenge seems like it could be a lot of fun, and I really enjoy your style of writing it! Reminds me of legacy stories I'd read back in Sims 2 and Sims 3, where it was more commentary by the player. I have a soft spot for it and it makes me super happy to see!

Thank you, I'm so glad that you enjoyed it!! I actually really grew up reading Simlit from the Sims 3 primarily so I can see where you're coming from there XD. Guess when I started writing, that was the only style that made sense in my mind.

I think it's a very free-feeling style! It's so fun to just see what things are naturally like in other people's games. I started a sims 4 challenge in the same sort of style, but ended up pausing it to work on other, more plot-driven/written projects. Sometimes I really miss it!
  • Options
    AshubiiAshubii Posts: 795 Member
    I been bad today..

Uh oh why for?
  • Options
    Ashubii wrote: »
    I been bad today..

Uh oh why for?

@Ashubii on my way home from my day program yesterday I ordered a Tim Horton's Oreo Iced Capp. Back in June I ordered the Chocolate chip Iced Capp. And last summer I ordered a Chilly Choclate Iced coffee(?). But my parents have no clue I did the chocolate chip or the Oreo Ice cap since I paid cash.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member

Sloth

Thanks ^-^ I'm going to be leaving it open for probably about a week minimum. I've got two more posts I'm going to be getting out first.
  • Options
    Hey everyone. How are you all doing?
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member

I'm doing fine. Just really bored and unmotivated :joy: . How are you @Bugsie2016 ?
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    edited July 2018

I'm doing fine. Just really bored and unmotivated :joy: . How are you @Bugsie2016 ?

Good. Finally getting round to introducing the teen version of who I think is everyone's favourite WAWRMO character. (She gets mentioned a lot more than my heir :lol: )
  • Options

i was bored last night so i made a new couple . both unflirty. so i wasn't sure what would happen. they both got stressed at the first kiss from moving to fast . but they had whooed on their own already.
  • Options
    RockannieRockannie Posts: 219 Member
    edited July 2018

Hey welcome to the Forums!! Good to see you around ;) Also I already took a look at your blog the other day and loved it!!
  • Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    Playing the mobile game and can't tap on the birthday party bar at all! Please help me out!
  • Options
    TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member

I voted too Shadami! Just finished reading all the 7 sins this morning... it's on my to-read list as are a few more. Now I can keep up slowly as it updates. :)
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member

I voted too Shadami! Just finished reading all the 7 sins this morning... it's on my to-read list as are a few more. Now I can keep up slowly as it updates. :)

Oh wow thank you. :) I've got two parts left and than the vote determines what happens after that. XD the screenshots are done I just have to turn my notes into story.

Sidenote: ack I missed the Livestream. I'm glad there are notes in it. I can't wait to see the new gallery!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top