Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your custom holidays

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't want my sims having some type of holiday every day or every other day, so I'll stick with the basics. The only one I might be tempted to add is The Day Of The Dead. It would work well in FH with my vampires and scary sims.
  • Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Grilled Cheese Day

Everyone gotta make grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner and celebrate about wonderful kinds of cheese for sandwiches
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I don't want my sims having some type of holiday every day or every other day, so I'll stick with the basics. The only one I might be tempted to add is The Day Of The Dead. It would work well in FH with my vampires and scary sims.

YESSS @ this.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited June 2018
    Sorry if a thread like this already exists, but I couldn't find one, so...
    What are your plans and ideas for custom holidays once you get your hands on Seasons?

Personally, I'm a fan of both Halloween and All Hallows' Day in real life, but having two so similar holidays in a row seems a little silly for the Sims, so I'll combine them and call the result All Hags' Eve (or, in my language, Allerhexen). It will be a holiday to visit the cemetery, remember the dead and maybe even summon their spirits if that's an option, all while dressing up as witches and zombies and all kinds of living, dead, and undead supernaturals to blur the line between the realms of the living and the dead.

I'm also thinking about building a futuristic community lot inspired by the Citadel from Mass Effect, and that's where some kind of alien holiday or festival could take place. I already have a couple of Asari in my game that could oversee that one.

What about you?

Silly maybe, but I might want to recreate Sinterklaas, a Belgian/Dutch holiday. Or Carnival which involves dressing up and is generally around april.

And the first of May of of course, labor day, which sims'll spend with not having to go to work/school and doing whatever they want, while politicians make speeches. ;-)
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I think I'll rename winterfest to Christmas (I don't like the name winterfest) - might do something similar with harvestfest (why always -fest at the end? I know it's an abbreviation but it makes me think of infestations)

Also I'll do Valentines day, new year's eve (not sure about new year's day), Hallowe'en and I might make the solstices and equinoxes minor holidays (would be difficult to make them major holidays when the hrs of daylight doesn't change. It should change.)

I'm guessing it's because of things like Octoberfest, aka giving it a German spin, since Fest is German for feast/party
  • Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    Grilled Cheese Day

Everyone gotta make grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner and celebrate about wonderful kinds of cheese for sandwiches

Yess! This is perfect. Im trying not to plan too many custom holidays yet. Ill need to see a full list of traditions first, but this will definitely be happening for my sims.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »
    I think I'll rename winterfest to Christmas (I don't like the name winterfest) - might do something similar with harvestfest (why always -fest at the end? I know it's an abbreviation but it makes me think of infestations)

Also I'll do Valentines day, new year's eve (not sure about new year's day), Hallowe'en and I might make the solstices and equinoxes minor holidays (would be difficult to make them major holidays when the hrs of daylight doesn't change. It should change.)

I'm guessing it's because of things like Octoberfest, aka giving it a German spin, since Fest is German for feast/party

I hadn't actually thought of that and I've studied German. It's certainly not anything against Germany or the German language (I know you're not suggesting it is), I just don't like the word fest.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    erimurpheyerimurphey Posts: 173 Member
    > @OEII1001 said:
    > I'll probably do the solstices. I'm definitely doing Festivus with the Air Grievances tradition being included. I'll also do a Labor Day mock-up on the last Monday of summer. That will be fun.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought of Festivus! I'm also thinking of a Pg or Pg-13 rated version of The Purge in winter. Sims will steal stuff, get into fights, and sabotage things. My birthday will also be a holiday, but I haven't decided what the traditions will be aside from BBQ.
    Sul Sul!

Origin i.d.: erimurphey
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Someone on tumblr mentioned a holiday devoted to Bob Pancakes. I like this idea a lot. :)
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Someone on tumblr mentioned a holiday devoted to Bob Pancakes. I like this idea a lot. :)

Not sure if Bob would like it. :D

edit: especially if everyone was outside his house celebrating and he still had to go to work, or was trying to sleep. :D
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,758 Member
    @babySuperStar @SimplyJen Mardi Gras? sounds like Bob's favourite holiday

I have ideas for holidays for my Swanson Legacy story good religion which are mostly based on Disney/book heroines

Fall
    book/teaching+harvestfest (so Belle+Pochantas)

Winter
    Snow White+Elsa have some kind of Christmas fest
    Love Day
    Anna with the rest of the heroines (and the Queen of heaven which is my simself) has a grand meal and spend time to say goodbye to winter and say hello to Spring

Spring
    Child's Day+Easter(Alice)
    Mother's day (Wendy-in the novel Peter Pan Mothers are a big, big part of the story)

Summer
    (hopefully sleeping is a tradditon)
    SnoozeBallfest
    one day in the summer everyone gets to sleep in until 5pm and 6pm until midnight there's a grand fest and some (non-slow dancing) (Snow White/Sleeping Beauty for the sleeping in part but 6-midnight is the Cinderella reference) .
    Another day has swimming (and some painting/singing/reading)
    Love Day
    Christmas in summer

(Yes I do have 2 love days)

Somewhere (maybe winter?) "cleaning" fest

6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    There is another thread here that I posted in already, but I'll copy/paste what I put in that one:

Earth Day - I'll have my Sims plant trees on their lots and/or travel to all the different parks and plant one there.
    Elder Appreciation Day - My take on Grandparents Day only for all elders. Give gifts to random elders on the street, in parks, etc. Have a party for any elders in my families and/or take them out to a restaurant.
    Purple Day (My favorite color) - Everybody will dress in purple clothing, homes will be decorated in purple objects and maybe only eat purple food. Might forgo that last part since they'd end up eating mostly lots of grapes and blackberries. lol
    Freezer Bunny Day - Absolutely LOVE that idea!
    Llama Day - Why let the Bunny have all the fun? Llamas are important too eh?
    Plant Sim Day - You guessed it, everybody in all of Simland will be a Plant Sim for the day and the Sims I control will only eat vegetarian dishes.
    Kids Day - Spend the entire day doing things with your kids, take them to the park, read them stories, play games with them, give them gifts, watch movies with them, have cake & ice cream, etc. Could include toddlers too.
    Springfest, Summerfest, Fallfest, Winterfest - Celebrate the first day of each season with appropriate activities.
    Age of Aquarius - Celebrate the water bearer zodiac sign with water activities such as; swimming, diving, fishing, water balloon fights, water slides, and hot tubbing. Have bar drinks, but only water! Encourage Sims to indulge themselves in their love of getting water to drink from sinks. Basically anything and everything to do with water! This day will be celebrated on my own birthday, February 5th! :)
    Boho/Hippie Day - Dress up as Hippies and go barefoot, grow your hair long and straight, men will grow beards, decorate homes in a Boho/Hippie theme, have a day of free love for all, if I had the bubble blower, they'd use that, dance around a firepit and sit on those puffball seats, play the guitar and tell stories, give and get massages, do yoga and meditate, give a flower to a friend, no fighting, etc., all day will be dedicated to peace, love and acceptance. Namaste!

That's all the custom ones that come to mind at the moment, probably think of others later. Well, Earth Day isn't really custom, it's a real holiday such as the other ones I'll have in my game like...

Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Halloween, Valentine's, Easter, April Fool's, St. Patrick's, Labor Day, etc. I'd love to have some kind of Veteran's or Memorial Day, but we don't have any kind of military in the game right now. Maybe in the future, hopefully! :)
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »

I have ideas for holidays for my Swanson Legacy story good religion which are mostly based on Disney/book heroines

Fall

Winter
    Love Day
    Anna with the rest of the heroines (and the Queen of heaven which is my simself) has a grand meal and spend time to say goodbye to winter and say hello to Spring

Spring
    Mother's day (Wendy-in the novel Peter Pan Mothers are a big, big part of the story)

Summer
    SnoozeBallfest
    one day in the summer everyone gets to sleep in until 5pm and 6pm until midnight there's a grand fest and some (non-slow dancing) (Snow White/Sleeping Beauty for the sleeping in part but 6-midnight is the Cinderella reference) .
    Love Day
    Christmas in summer

I don't actually know what Mardi Gras is. What is it?
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    Nature day in spring, maybe. Everyone either plants something or volunteers at the beach clean up. Either way, it's a day to be outside, not cooped up inside. But I want to see the traditions first.
    Spring cleaning day. would probably appeal to neat Sims.
    image.png
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,758 Member

Fall

Winter
    Love Day

Spring

Summer
    SnoozeBallfest
    Love Day
    Christmas in summer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mardi_Gras
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

Fall

Winter
    Love Day

Spring

Summer
    SnoozeBallfest
    Love Day
    Christmas in summer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mardi_Gras

Thanks
  • Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Ok i have the list of Holidays im planing for my save

Spring

Founders day ( Feb 4 - The sims Anniversary)

Summer

Sumner solstice

Cookout day (mirrors the 4th of July )

Fall

Gamers day ( September 2 - the sims 4 Anniversary)

Skull day ( the sims Version of Day of the dead)

Sale day takes place the day after Harvestfest ( mirrors black Friday )

Winter

Winterfest Eve

Winter solstice
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member

Pancake Day? :D

On another note, we could have Dress Like A Pirate Day instead of Talk Like A Pirate Day, cos sims can't really talk like pirates.
    I like the Grilled Cheese Day idea.
    I wonder if the game would allow a Wear Pyjamas To Work day?
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    What do you plan on creating with the new holidays and tradition system, Simmers?
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited June 2018
    I love many of the ideas here! I can't really imagine the holidays I will create yet since I don't know what the tradition options are so far.
    I know for sure there'd be some sort of nature appreciation day, a family gathering one, and an artsy day. I also plan on deleting most of the premade holidays if that's possible (I hope so).
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    I’m definitely having a Anniversary for founding family’s! Maybe a national pool party day too lol
  • Options
    GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
    Like the pool party day idea @Invisibleas and probably some sort of christmas in summer as well cause that would be cool
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    @GalaxySimsGirl I definitely can’t wait to see the holiday others come up with lol
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited June 2018
    I can't make too many decisions until I see the list of all possible traditions right in front of me. I really hope there are a ton and a variety of truly different scenarios. This holiday customization thing is genius and I think no other game has ever done it so they best do it the best that they can!
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member

Pancake Day? :D

On another note, we could have Dress Like A Pirate Day instead of Talk Like A Pirate Day, cos sims can't really talk like pirates.
    I like the Grilled Cheese Day idea.
    I wonder if the game would allow a Wear Pyjamas To Work day?
    It wouldn't be a Bob Pancakes holiday without pancakes. :p

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/