Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has your Simming increased or decreased?

Comments

• Options
    BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    mortia wrote: »
    Increased!

After spending 2 years trying to force myself to find something about TS4 to like, I stopped wasting my money and went back to the total sandbox freedom of TS2. Now I play daily in whatever spare time I can squeeze in with marathon sessions on the weekends. My game is exactly what I want it to be, not what someone else dictates and I couldn't be happier with it. No end to that in sight :smile:

Those were the good times when the content was, for me, more meaty and fulfilling.

I might be willing to pay for ts2 all over again if they updated the graphics and re-released it as a "Nostalgia" or "Heritage" game. Same for ts3, if they would fix all of those bugs that still seem to languish there.

Im curious, in what way is Ts4 like an Ipad game? I think its far more in depth than any tablet game out there.

I think you misread something. There was no mention of and ipad game

yes, there was. Not in that particular part that was quoted, but in a another statement that he/she made. It was just a question, because I don't think there are any tablet games that have as many features or that are as complex as the sims 4 computer games.
  • Options
    mittensimsmittensims Posts: 2 New Member
    Increased, It's spring break this week and I wanted to get back into the sims game. I started playing Sims 3 again. I love it!!!
  • Options
    TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    It goes back and forth. I get my binges. Sometimes I play every day for hours then I stop and move on to Overwatch every day for hours. Right now I'm in the middle of that going back and forth and it's towards Sims...more so now that I have Jungle Adventures. I love that pack a lot. Now with me rearranging my Sims' subbasement and gave them a new wing in their museum to show off their collections I've been on a lot.
  • Options
    CheesySimsLoverCheesySimsLover Posts: 258 Member
    I go in waves. I’ve been playing on and off since 2007, with several year breaks in between (most recent was 2013-2017, so roughly four years). I just started playing again in December, and sometimes I play a lot during a week, or I’ll take a couple weeks off depending on my schedule. My life isn’t like it was when I was younger; I have work and a boyfriend and other goals/dream I’m working toward. Sims is an escape for me. I use it to unwind when I’m feeling stressed.
  • Options
    TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    My simming has increasing quite a bit in recent months. I think it's because I've taken a break from other games. I went for a long time without play The Sims 4 or any Sims game for matter. I'm hoping to be just as active as I was in The Sims 2 community all those years ago.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    edited March 2018
    I have to say, I don't play my game every day, as I did Sims2 & 3, but I think it's that I have other pressing matters to attend, currently. I'm very heavy into my genealogy, and I've been writing an historical fiction about my sixth (6 X) great-grandparents. My writing always comes first. Plus, most recently, I've had the desire to play, but I'm recovering (slowly) from pneumonia. My energy is sapped. Rest is crucial to kick this thing. So, I've discovered there's a plethora of Murder, She Wrote episodes on during the daytime, five in all, between two stations. Jessica Fletcher and I have spent much time together, of late. And how fun would it be to bring that character into the Sims? LOL

I love this game, especially what's been done with the toddlers! And the fact that with Parenthood, we can help mold our born-in-game Sims, to become the pixels we want them to be. How great is that?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    mittensims wrote: »
    Increased, It's spring break this week and I wanted to get back into the sims game. I started playing Sims 3 again. I love it!!!

i've also started playing TS3 lately. TS4 is too laggy after getting the pets EP. i can only stand so much of that when i'll go back to TS3. playing TS3 does give me some appreciation of how much better different aspects of the game in TS4 have improved over TS3. waiting for loading screens every time i travel in TS4 does get very annoying though.
  • Options
    Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    My simming has decreased, and it’s not that I don’t want to play because I think about it a lot lol but in between a school aged kid, a toddler and my husband, I have no time left for my virtual family at the moment. @GalacticGal I’m sorry to hear that you have pneumonia I hope you get well soon.
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Lex2221 wrote: »
    My simming has decreased, and it’s not that I don’t want to play because I think about it a lot lol but in between a school aged kid, a toddler and my husband, I have no time left for my virtual family at the moment. @GalacticGal I’m sorry to hear that you have pneumonia I hope you get well soon.

Thank you, Lex2221, that's very kind of you.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    It's decreased since getting TS4 6 months ago; vastly decreased.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    Mine had tremendously decreased. I'm waiting until the Supernatural/ Magic/ Enchantment expansion has been re-established into The Sims 4.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited March 2018
    It goes through phases. It always has. I think I was playing Tomb Raider 3 and up when I was playing the first and second Sims and other games also.. so it hasn't ever been my only game. Now I play other games with Sims 4 also, skyrim, stardew, witcher, heck I even still crank up minecraft from time to time. I've got other games too that I tried and grew tired of in the time frame Sims 4 has been out. I still read and watch tv shows and movies and even do life. I'm in a solid Sims 4 playing phase right now and it's really nice. Since I didn't play much sims during the Sims 3 run unless I cranked up 2 I guess I can say it's increased? Not really though it's one of the games I play and enjoy and go back to time and again.

*edit* didn't see it's a necro'd thread and answered in it about a year ago.. not much has changed other than I'm more wordy lol.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    Mine goes in sperks. I'm either highly addicted to the sims at the time or World of Warcraft. I've tried other games but nothing ever takes their place. The two most important games to me.
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    It's decreased a lot since C&D came out, mostly because of moving out and hectic career life, but also because that EP I think was the last straw for me in terms of benefit of the doubt. I was a firm believer that a pets EP for TS4 would be a game changer - it wasn't. Couldn't really bring myself to play it, there was just too much disappointment and the bad taste's lingered until now.

I'm suddenly inspired to play again, we'll see how long it'll last.
  • Options
    2tcn2tcn Posts: 58 Member
    Mine has decreased by a huge margin, actually :(
    Just a mix of life, and lack of compelling content.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I'd say it has decreased, waiting for more content. I so need seasons, uni & an actual in depth vacation focused pack
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2018
    Increased lately. Between C & D and the Jungle Adventure - I am having a ball.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    I hardly play anymore, I keep trying to get into it by getting the new stuff that comes out but it only last till I have completed everything that is new. It is funny I have gotten older and my children are grown so I have much more time to play, but the content just doesn't hold my interest any more, maybe I am just getting too old.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Decreased. It could have something to do with working, running a home, and four kids though. When I played the sims 1 and 2 I was in junior high and high school and didn't work and had a lot more free time to play. I played the sims 3 frequently too but not as much as the sims 1 and 2 but I just moved out on my own and eventually had two kids. The Sims 4 also doesn't keep my attention for long but like I said there could be other factors for that and I always feel like I'm waiting around for new content. Then I'll play for like a month and then I find myself waiting again.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    LoftyyLoftyy Posts: 101 Member
    Decreased.
    But when Pets comes out on console it will increase and if they release horses at some point I'll probably never stop playing (i'm obsessed with the idea, I just have to know if they're planning on a ranch/horse pack)
  • Options
    frogkiss1frogkiss1 Posts: 248 Member
    It comes and goes. I am in a sims phase at the moment but in a couple of weeks I will probably get really into a different game, or DVDs, or art.

i am the same right here....ohh new stuff i'll play for a month or two then no play until new stuff
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Decreased. I've deleted games and restarted several times but I figure why bother playing until the bug with not being able to use/read books for skills is fixed...if they even bother fixing it. It's too game-breaking for me.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Decreased to a "Bleepin" hault! I officially quit "The Sims" franchise as of August 2017 due to my computer dying. But while this happened out of something out of my control I decided to make this a permanent deal by moving on to "Pokemon" to become a "Pokemon Trainer" although I still visit the forums on occasion but not as much as I used to. To this day I have no regrets especially after the release of the controversial "My First Pet Stuff" that is such a cash grab I want to hold mine with dear life so it won't be spent on a pack that withheld items from Cats and Dogs.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Not touched this game since last August. Once a game ticks me off, I'm done. Granted it takes a lot to tick me off (you wouldn't think so, lol) but once it wiped out my many saves that was the final straw. And I have seen nothing of interest (C&D and a money grab stuff pack DLC for C&D, nor Jungle Adventure) to peek my interest of trying to rescue what I had played since it's all rot now.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Increased. Had taken a major break in the summer/fall, but it was around the holidays when I started back up again. Probably something having to do with dreary winter weather and more time indoors.