Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has your Simming increased or decreased?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Sims 4 is my first foray into the wonderful world of Sims! It's been 2 years of laughter and fun for me! The Vampires game pack injected a much needed 'edge' into the party, party, social Sims who went to restaurants for breakfast! I have played a lot more since Vampires...but not overly excited about the next game pack...Eco-Living was an offside choice by the community. I expected a 'Pets' game pack, a new holiday destination or a new career! Even if I hate it, I'll probably still buy it...I am so conditioned, so manipulated and controlled by the mechanics of consumerism! :)

The next game pack is a Generations pack, not Eco living. The Eco living is a stuff pack not coming out until Next year sometime in the summer I believe. The Stuff pack we have coming in June is a fitness pack of some sort. No ep has been announced but it is believed the next ep is Pets - only time will tell if it is - but that will not be out probably until between late Oct- mid Dec from my calculation seeing the devs now get a full year for eps.

Personally since we have gotten toddlers, I REALLY look forward very much to the Generation game pack. I so hope it comes out soon.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,915 Member
    Currently decreased but still building a bit and switching off again. Waiting for the next instalment!
  • Options
    jennihopejennihope Posts: 321 Member
    its decreased but increases with the release of new content
    but its not ts4's fault even with the ts3 I'd play for like 8 hours and then not touch the game for like a month, LOL
    follow my simblr: https://beautesims.tumblr.com/ <-- still under construction
    origin id: jennihope
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    Increased!

After spending 2 years trying to force myself to find something about TS4 to like, I stopped wasting my money and went back to the total sandbox freedom of TS2. Now I play daily in whatever spare time I can squeeze in with marathon sessions on the weekends. My game is exactly what I want it to be, not what someone else dictates and I couldn't be happier with it. No end to that in sight :smile:
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    A little of both. The extra content helped my game play increase, yet I'm playing OW so it has decreased my sim playing. Sometimes it's hard to choose. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    Decreased ......quite abit. I have all the current exp and stuff packs but its like... meh. This game an I just never gelled like with TS2 & Ts3. I used to spend hours with the sims, now maybe and hour or so and I'm bored. I still play my Ts3 legacy family though! Been spending abit more time with my console though......yet that to was disappointing (just finished Mass Defect: Andromeda). But yeah I don't devote much time to Ts4....not only now but since its release......so now thinking about it, my Ts4 playtime never actually decreased.....but then again it never increased either....uhhh.......lets just say I don't play it anymore lol
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    mortia wrote: »
    Increased!

After spending 2 years trying to force myself to find something about TS4 to like, I stopped wasting my money and went back to the total sandbox freedom of TS2. Now I play daily in whatever spare time I can squeeze in with marathon sessions on the weekends. My game is exactly what I want it to be, not what someone else dictates and I couldn't be happier with it. No end to that in sight :smile:

Those were the good times when the content was, for me, more meaty and fulfilling.

I might be willing to pay for ts2 all over again if they updated the graphics and re-released it as a "Nostalgia" or "Heritage" game. Same for ts3, if they would fix all of those bugs that still seem to languish there.
  • Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited May 2017
    Decreasing. I'm waiting for the Pets pack.
  • Options
    BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    Increased!

Those were the good times when the content was, for me, more meaty and fulfilling.

I might be willing to pay for ts2 all over again if they updated the graphics and re-released it as a "Nostalgia" or "Heritage" game. Same for ts3, if they would fix all of those bugs that still seem to languish there.

Im curious, in what way is Ts4 like an Ipad game? I think its far more in depth than any tablet game out there.
  • Options
    ShampuruShampuru Posts: 90 Member
    Bit of a simming slump. I tend to just go on binges for a few weeks then take a long break. Been popping in and out CAS though.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,703 Member
    I just played all day long today. I started at just after 9 AM and it's now around 5-ish PM. That's all day, folks. I haven't done that in quite some time. :D
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    april_deniseapril_denise Posts: 10 New Member
    Increased lately, a bit randomly, not sure what drew me back into the game this time but it's been entertaining, to say the least. :)
  • Options
    MysticOneMysticOne Posts: 460 Member
    Totally burned out on "trying" to like it. If you have to 'work' at a game to find it fun, game is a dud. Same actions day after day after day. It's all happy happy joy joy, no matter what happens.... and never does anything 'happen' that isn't anticipated.
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    Increased!

Im curious, in what way is Ts4 like an Ipad game? I think its far more in depth than any tablet game out there.

I think you misread something. There was no mention of and ipad game
  • Options
    Minx11Minx11 Posts: 1,386 Member
    edited May 2017
    Decreased A Bit Over The Past Month Or So Because Of Theatre And Exams, But Now It's Slowly Increasing Since My Final Two Exams Are In Sight (30th Of May And 1st Of June.)
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Decreased
  • Options
    LemontailLemontail Posts: 360 Member
    I usually play when I get a school or work-free days. Including the weekends. So, it varies.
  • Options
    pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    Decreased....I still pull the game up daily and play for a little while, it seems I am on a continuous loop or rerun, and I get bored quickly. I do play more when something new comes along like toddlers or vampires but those also become part of the loop.
  • Options
    TPMoriartyTPMoriarty Posts: 55 Member
    Both. I play Sims 4 for about a week when something new comes out, then return to Sims 3. I play basically all day, just about every day - offline. For me, open world beats better graphics! Plus, I have the Sims 3 modded and fixed. I guess when Sims 4 is done, I'll have it modded and fixed - then I might enjoy playing more. I really hate the closed world, loading screens, small lots and sims doing actions that I cannot cancel when I have freewill turned off. Reminds me too much of Sims 2 - hated that one. LOL
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Depends on version. Sims4 has pretty much become the forgotten game due to: RL, Sims2UC up and running quite well on the same high end PC S4 is on, the choking level of issues this game has. Sims2 has increased due to having it on a PC that actually has the horsepower and video capability to take advantage of all Sims2 has to offer. This is in addition to the XP machine installation.
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    really decreased i would say. i mean it did have a spike with tolders and i even tired to be open with vampires but yeah vampires just seem like a waste granted i am a bit picky about what i want that i am not even sure what i want in terms of a building lol
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    With the Sims 4, deceased (and no that's not a typo)

I still play TS1, 2 & 3 on occasions, but I don't even play those as often as I used to.
    raw
  • Options
    ambrownambrown Posts: 804 Member
    decreased 100%. I stopped playing for MONTHS, and started up again when the city expansion was on sale and i got it, interested me for a weekend then the same old boring aspects of the game took over and i stopped. Then when toddlers came out i was so excited and played for about a week, then of course, the same old aspects of the game that make it unbearably boring took over. the game needs what sims 3 had, idk exactly what that is, it's not just open world, the sims just feel so...empty. every so often i load it up, play literally a few minutes and quit.
    you're ele-phantastic
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited May 2017
    Once I got into college and then later on, getting a few jobs, my simming had drastically decreased. (It started dropping a lot around the Sims 3 era.)

I had less energy to play, had and less patience for setting up or fixing up (modding) games, so I started playing more console games or console ports, handheld games, and smaller retro/indie/casual PC games.

I still play some of the Sims games once in a while, but I found I am more excited and more engaged by other games (like Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, Rune Factory, Fire Emblem Awakening/Fates, Shin Megami Tensei series, etc) in recent years since Sims 3 era and later.

ETA: I still love simming, but I am having less time and patience for dealing with mods and waiting for the games to load/boot up, so I tend to prefer games I can just pick up and play. (Usually handheld games and console games, or small casual games.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)