Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A Stuff Pack filled with Fur

Comments

• Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    edited March 2018
    Hey Simmers, I’ve just been catching up on the thread. A big thank you for all who have shared their feedback on the pack. Please continue to do so, there are some great posts to be found with excellent critiques. Just a reminder, let’s look to keep posts constructive when relaying feedback whether that be negative or positive. Share your thoughts on the SP. What would you have liked to have seen in the SP? How you would have liked it to go? What are your critiques, thoughts and feelings on the content? Please let us know. :)

I do want to also acknowledge this too. There have been a lot of pointed comments targeting Guru's multiple times throughout this thread and it really isn't ok. I can see from the posts in here that many are feeling disappointed and it’s ok to share that here. Please note however, that once the discussion becomes focused on people rather than content it's no longer an appropriate discussion to have as per the rules in place. If the rules continue to be broken, the thread will be closed, and users moderated for how they've conducted themselves and the conversation. We encourage your feedback, but we do not support the targeting of others; members and staff alike. So, with that please do aim to keep critiques to the content.

I have merged some threads with this one. The same points were being discussed so to limit duplicate threads they've been merged.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

• Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    I have to admit I am completely baffled by the intensity of the outrage.

EA hasn't ripped anyone off, because they can't reach in and take money away from people. It's all choice. How is that being ripped off ? How can you be "abused" by an offer of something that you have 100% choice over?

Person has X. Person is feeling fine.
    Company: "Do you want Y too?"
    Person: "You're ripping us off! You're abusing us!" Person is feeling sad/mad.
    Nothing has actually changed. Person still has X. Person hasn't lost anything. Actually, Person now has options.

I can understand if the option makes it seem that you're NOT going to get something you were hoping for. Like, you want really wanted in-depth Plantsims and instead they release the temporary Plantsims during the challenge month. But that's not exactly the case here. More pet clothes and a hamster doesn't prevent future pets. In fact, somebody in one of these threads said they didn't expect any further pets, and they had adjusted to the idea we were just getting Cats and Dogs. Now that there's another pet, they are upset.

I don't mean to put people down who feel this way. I honestly don't get it.

I see it more like this:
    6xcezMO.png
    That's EXACTLY how it is! (Though to be honest I feel C&D is even less than that...)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    beville wrote: »
    Well I'm glad that they put something out for this month, kinda of like what we had for the sims 3 store. I hope they continue putting out stuff every month now. I was tried of all the dry months.

You're going to be right back in your position a day after owning the pack.

It's a fundamental problem with the new business model introduced with The Sims 4. It will continue happening to you over and over.

Good. I like it. The more stuff - the better I like it. To each their own.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    EA_Lanna wrote: »
    Hey Simmers, I’ve just been catching up on the thread. A big thank you for all who have shared their feedback on the pack. Please continue to do so, there are some great posts to be found with excellent critiques. Just a reminder, let’s look to keep posts constructive when relaying feedback whether that be negative or positive. Share your thoughts on the SP. What would you have liked to have seen in the SP? How you would have liked it to go? What are your critiques, thoughts and feelings on the content? Please let us know. :)

I do want to also acknowledge this too. There have been a lot of pointed comments targeting Guru's multiple times throughout this thread and it really isn't ok. I can see from the posts in here that many are feeling disappointed and it’s ok to share that here. Please note however, that once the discussion becomes focused on people rather than content it's no longer an appropriate discussion to have as per the rules in place. If the rules continue to be broken, the thread will be closed, and users moderated for how they've conducted themselves and the conversation. We encourage your feedback, but we do not support the targeting of others; members and staff alike. So, with that please do aim to keep critiques to the content.

I have merged some threads with this one. The same points were being discussed so to limit duplicate threads they've been merged.

If you're really taking critique:

- postpone the product to design extra pets themed items
    - all cats and dogs related things - remove that from the stuff pack right now and release it as a free patch. All you did was make your customers feel like they've bought an incomplete product. Specifically when some furniture fits into specific item collections, making it very obvious that it was developed alongside and for cats and dogs.

Otherwise, I'm sorry, but how expressing critique will do any good to anything? By the time this pack is out and passed, reputation is already damaged regardless of what you do with other packs. Trust has been ruined. Next expansion, the first thought to cross peoples minds will be "am I buying an incomplete product?"

I don't feel this way about the GPs (yet...), but yes indeed, I'll analyze the next EP much more carefully than I ever have before... if they cut seasons into parts like this, I'm done with this franchise .. And I don't want that :(
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited March 2018
    SimTrippy wrote: »

If you're really taking critique:

- postpone the product to design extra pets themed items
    - all cats and dogs related things - remove that from the stuff pack right now and release it as a free patch. All you did was make your customers feel like they've bought an incomplete product. Specifically when some furniture fits into specific item collections, making it very obvious that it was developed alongside and for cats and dogs.

Otherwise, I'm sorry, but how expressing critique will do any good to anything? By the time this pack is out and passed, reputation is already damaged regardless of what you do with other packs. Trust has been ruined. Next expansion, the first thought to cross peoples minds will be "am I buying an incomplete product?"

I don't feel this way about the GPs (yet...), but yes indeed, I'll analyze the next EP much more carefully than I ever have before... if they cut seasons into parts like this, I'm done with this franchise .. And I don't want that :(
    I've been doing it since City Living to be honest, I still find it to be one of the worst EPs made and I'm skeptical ever since
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    I keep coming on this board periodically today waiting to hear an announcement that the Pets Stuff Pack will now be a free download due to all the backlash.

Clearly, that's a no on that. haha
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    I keep coming on this board periodically today waiting to hear an announcement that the Pets Stuff Pack will now be a free download due to all the backlash.

Clearly, that's a no on that. haha

It won't be. You'll have to purchase it but we're getting an Update Tomorrow most likely and chances are it will add something to the base game.
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member

EA hasn't ripped anyone off, because they can't reach in and take money away from people. It's all choice. How is that being ripped off ? How can you be "abused" by an offer of something that you have 100% choice over?

Nothing has actually changed. Person still has X. Person hasn't lost anything. Actually, Person now has options.

I can understand if the option makes it seem that you're NOT going to get something you were hoping for. Like, you want really wanted in-depth Plantsims and instead they release the temporary Plantsims during the challenge month. But that's not exactly the case here. More pet clothes and a hamster doesn't prevent future pets. In fact, somebody in one of these threads said they didn't expect any further pets, and they had adjusted to the idea we were just getting Cats and Dogs. Now that there's another pet, they are upset.

I see it more like this:
    6xcezMO.png

This reminds me of something my husband said happened every year for his birthday. Hubby's b-day is on 12/20. I'm sure many simmers who have birthdays around Christmas will understand this. It seemed to him (his perception, of course) that his mom usually forgot to get him a "birthday" present. So, she'd take an already wrapped Christmas present (in Christmas wrapping paper) and give that to him instead. So, technically, he got one less b-day present (or more) every year because everyone forgot it was his birthday. :( Eventually, he just let it go, but he always felt 🐸🐸🐸🐸 when that happened. Poor guy. Now, I go out of my way to separate his birthday from Christmas. :) It's not fun to feel underappreciated.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    beville wrote: »
    Well I'm glad that they put something out for this month, kinda of like what we had for the sims 3 store. I hope they continue putting out stuff every month now. I was tried of all the dry months.

You're going to be right back in your position a day after owning the pack.

It's a fundamental problem with the new business model introduced with The Sims 4. It will continue happening to you over and over.

Good. I like it. The more stuff - the better I like it. To each their own.

I agree. I love having all kinds of items for my sims because it helps tell stories. <3
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Wouldn’t be more upset if there was a small pets GP instead of just an SP though?
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member

I see it more like this:
    6xcezMO.png

This reminds me of something my husband said happened every year for his birthday. Hubby's b-day is on 12/20. I'm sure many simmers who have birthdays around Christmas will understand this. It seemed to him (his perception, of course) that his mom usually forgot to get him a "birthday" present. So, she'd take an already wrapped Christmas present (in Christmas wrapping paper) and give that to him instead. So, technically, he got one less b-day present (or more) every year because everyone forgot it was his birthday. :( Eventually, he just let it go, but he always felt plum when that happened. Poor guy. Now, I go out of my way to separate his birthday from Christmas. :) It's not fun to feel underappreciated.

Aw that’s sweet.
  • Options
    Simanite wrote: »

I see it more like this:
    6xcezMO.png

This reminds me of something my husband said happened every year for his birthday. Hubby's b-day is on 12/20. I'm sure many simmers who have birthdays around Christmas will understand this. It seemed to him (his perception, of course) that his mom usually forgot to get him a "birthday" present. So, she'd take an already wrapped Christmas present (in Christmas wrapping paper) and give that to him instead. So, technically, he got one less b-day present (or more) every year because everyone forgot it was his birthday. :( Eventually, he just let it go, but he always felt plum when that happened. Poor guy. Now, I go out of my way to separate his birthday from Christmas. :) It's not fun to feel underappreciated.

Aw that’s sweet.

I'd want the same. :smiley:
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    Ok, I've gotta admit, I think all the furniture and decorations for this stuff pack are super cute. I don't have the Cats and Dogs pack, and I don't plan on purchasing this one. I'm super cheap and my computer cannot handle too many packs (someday...someday...I'll get around to getting laundry stuff. I really want that one, I just putter around whenever I wanna buy something :D )

However, I find the clothes for the pets a little bit silly. I know if I had C&D I don't think I'd use them. I dunno man, this pack's announcement and stuff...it just feels 'off'.

(I think the kids activity table from this pack is super cute. I would've loved having that object in real life as a child! :p )
  • Options
    TheNUBaliciousTheNUBalicious Posts: 113 Member

I can't wait for the pack to come out! Any new content is welcomed by me. Most looking forward to the coffee table, it looks beautiful, and the new game death sounds hilarious. The only thing I would have liked to have seen maybe added with this pack is a turtle and frog. I had both of those as pets as a child, would be cool if my Sims could also.
  • Options

I can't wait for the pack to come out! Any new content is welcomed by me. Most looking forward to the coffee table, it looks beautiful, and the new game death sounds hilarious. The only thing I would have liked to have seen maybe added with this pack is a turtle and frog. I had both of those as pets as a child, would be cool if my Sims could also.

A turtle would be awesome!
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    PrincessSimcessPrincessSimcess Posts: 917 Member
    So with all this backlash, do we think they'll still release it? Make it free instead? Scrap it?
    Anyone have any thoughts?
    Lift up your head, princess. If not, the crown falls.
    35532344976_d8721ca725_z_d.jpg

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Wow.. okay I've decide for sure I'll be buying the pack now. I do like some elements of it.. some others I could do without. What changed my mind at this point is all of the thinly veiled and not so thinly veiled suggestions to boycott the product and company that makes it. I enjoy this game and I'm not going to be shamed for spending my money on a product I enjoy.
    Compromise indeed.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited March 2018
    Simanite wrote: »
    Wouldn’t be more upset if there was a small pets GP instead of just an SP though?

That's not the point. The point is it should already be in a "Pets" expansion pack and so should the recoloured and retexture build/buy items shown in that SP too.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    My prediction, based on zero psychic talent:
    They will reveal something about this pack that will make many people say, "Oh, well then! Should have told us about that awesome thing."
  • Options
    AndreManoelAndreManoel Posts: 33 Member
    > @applefeather2 said:
    > My prediction, based on zero psychic talent:
    > They will reveal something about this pack that will make many people say, "Oh, well then! Should have told us about that awesome thing."

and probably that awesome thing was created these past two days haha
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    My prediction, based on zero psychic talent:
    They will reveal something about this pack that will make many people say, "Oh, well then! Should have told us about that awesome thing."

That might be the new illness that can kill Sims, infect other Sims, etc. Graham talked about it in a couple posts already. Deviant players should look into it. ;)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    edited March 2018
    I'm sorry, but how expressing critique will do any good to anything?
    Apologies for the delay in response, I had some things crop up, but I've found a window, so I'll aim to be short and sweet with this: Constructive criticism, critiques and feedback 100% do help. It's how anybody learns and improves. Without it it's like walking in the dark. I would always encourage you to share your thoughts and feelings– in a constructive manner - as a result. It can make all the difference.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg