Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Sims 4 Patch available

Comments

• Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited February 2018
    Means I can finally remove the extra CC darker tones from my game with the ones they bRought. Been wanting some inbetween tones that just didn't go from a midtone to just really dark. Hope they consider adding at least two or three lighter skintones as more skintones are always appreciated. I actually found a lot of use for the hairstyle for women and men. Looks great on men with a hat. Put it on with one of my male sims without a hat and he looked like he got a fantastic perm. Reminds me of the 'Soul-Glo' commercial honestly.

@lukeaha Perhaps restart origin and see if that works that and see if repairing your game helps at all.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I think the hair could look good on elders :p It reminds me of the hair we got with Generations on TS3.

yT1W7go.png

The curls look nice though.

Omg make the hair brown, then apply an Irish accent and multiple profanities, and you have Mrs Brown.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    HimynameisHimynameis Posts: 336 Member
    mika wrote: »
    Not even one pale skin-tone has been added:(
    All of the 10 new skintones are dark-medium to dark.
    Oh well... that's what CC is for I guess.

That's a first in video game history, most things cater to paler people. I'm glad my skintone is finally in a game.

Whereas my skintone isn't but I guess that's fine because i'm the wrong colour aye?
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited February 2018
    I don’t mind having darker skintones in the game. And I’m happy for those that have requested them and that now can properly create themselves in the sims.
    However, I still can’t since my skin is much paler than any of the lightest shades available.
    My skin is also not sickly yellow.

Sometimes, striving for diversity makes you forget that diversity is about including all of the skintone ranges, not only the dark ones.
    I have the same problem.
    None of them quite match my skintones.
    (My husband always said I "glow in the dark", lol :D )
    I think they should have covered the shades better for everyone.
    But I am not sure of any complications/issues from putting in too many skintones.
    (seems simple to me, but I don't make games, so....) :*

But I am still glad they added more, as opposed to not.
    And I <3the tee-shirt! :D
  • Options
    Himynameis wrote: »
    mika wrote: »
    Not even one pale skin-tone has been added:(
    All of the 10 new skintones are dark-medium to dark.
    Oh well... that's what CC is for I guess.

That's a first in video game history, most things cater to paler people. I'm glad my skintone is finally in a game.

Whereas my skintone isn't but I guess that's fine because i'm the wrong colour aye?

I feel a need to butt in and say that in Mass Effect Andromeda they did very poorly in that none of the custom character skintones were anything paler than a slightly tanned white guy xD
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    lukeaha wrote: »
    I just tried to update my Sims 4 game, but it couldn’t. This is the first time I experience this with my Sims 4. Am I the only one experiencing this with this update? :/

Hello
    Try logging out of Origin, shut down your computer completely, then restart the computer. Log into Origin, and see if you can update now.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Everyone getting too upset about their skin tone not being represented should probably think about whether this patch may have included the addition of more dark skin tones due the upcoming GP, as already stated in this thread.
    Lumiasta wrote: »
    After seeing all the wonderful styling here I'm all excited to try the new hair, I'm especially impressed by @Netzspannung: wonderful sims! Also @Todiloo: love the male with the hat! The shirt will be cute for gamers, yas.

I was talking with @kalaksed about the patch and he pointed out that the new skin tones were probably created for the upcoming game pack, which makes sense. That's why they cover all the missing darker tones, created for the new townies in Selvadorada. ...makes me wonder if the red glitch on the nose is accidentally stayed bug-bite or something if they tested things together.

Perhaps future packs will add more shades of white skin tones.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Everyone getting too upset about their skin tone not being represented should probably think about whether this patch may have included the addition of more dark skin tones due the upcoming GP, as already stated in this thread.
    After seeing all the wonderful styling here I'm all excited to try the new hair, I'm especially impressed by @Netzspannung: wonderful sims! Also @Todiloo: love the male with the hat! The shirt will be cute for gamers, yas.

I was talking with @kalaksed about the patch and he pointed out that the new skin tones were probably created for the upcoming game pack, which makes sense. That's why they cover all the missing darker tones, created for the new townies in Selvadorada. ...makes me wonder if the red glitch on the nose is accidentally stayed bug-bite or something if they tested things together.

Tbf they could've added paler skintones for GT, then they also could've added the darker skintones for CL too.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    What even is the upcoming GP?
  • Options
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member

Tbf they could've added paler skintones for GT, then they also could've added the darker skintones for CL too.

My comment was not about fairness. I am not "defending" the addition of anything, I just think it is a reasonable explanation considering the upcoming GP. I hope for people who are upset that they will add more light shades some day. Personally, I do not need them, I don't even use the first 3 skin tones as I find them too pale.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    lukeahalukeaha Posts: 360 Member
    I don’t know how to comment on someone’s comment, but by what I can see I can tag you by using @, so this I am trying. :)

@rosemow and @LadyKyn I have now tried to both log in and out of origin, and closed down and restarted my computer. And I think the update has now been done. So far, so good! I have also tried to repair my game, and then an error came, and I think it is a downloadning error. But I am not sure what that is supposed to mean. Maybe it is my origin that is the fault? I will try to start it again tomorrow and hope for it to work. Otherwise I will maybe have to wait for the next origin or sims update..?
    Anyways, I am very thankfull that both of you answered my frustration! I had not expected any answers, so I really appreciate it! :D
  • Options
    Why didn’t my @ work?! :o
    I will try again! And then try to find my other comment (hopefully it is just above this comment)
    @rosemow :)
    @LadyKyn :)
  • Options
    Aw man... it own’t work.. well, I really hope you both see this!
    And I am sorry for spamming :s
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    lukeaha wrote: »
    Why didn’t my @ work?! :o
    I will try again! And then try to find my other comment (hopefully it is just above this comment)
    @rosemow :)
    @LadyKyn :)

Hello @lukeaha
    The tagging doesn’t show as blue because you are still a new member. We still receive the notification though.
    You need to have 25points and 15 posts before you can become a full member and can then change your profile picture , post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly, and have quotes appear in grey boxes , These threads explain about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know

I hope that your game works correctly when you log into Origin tomorrow,
  • Options
    @rosemow hi there, thank you very much! I will definetely read this tomorrow :D
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    I'm pretty pale, and my skin tone isn't in the game. I'm not overly upset, as we really needed darker skin tones more. I'd like to see my skin tone obviously, but there are other things I'd like to see first like more hair colors or curlier hair.
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I am ecstatic to have these darker skin tones added to the game. They were so needed. I hope they are able to fix the discolorations on them quickly. Thank you very much EA. I appreciate your hard work.
  • Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    michelei wrote: »
    I am ecstatic to have these darker skin tones added to the game. They were so needed. I hope they are able to fix the discolorations on them quickly. Thank you very much EA. I appreciate your hard work.

This ^^^ :) I for one am definitely happy to have the addition of skin tones, particularly darker skin tones, as the were IMO extremely lacking in the game. @Netzspannung , that one sim lady of yours is so very adorable. She is rocking that hairstyle well. Thank you EA/Maxis
  • Options
    thepiratepercythepiratepercy Posts: 10 New Member
    I get that people want to feel represented too, especially in a game based so much on customization, but I doubt it was an accident that EA added the darker skin tones during February, even if it is for the new GP. As a very pale person, I think we should be happy for the new customization options instead of immediately complaining that they weren't for making sims that look exactly like you (or me). Like Mika pointed out, you don't see a lot of dark skinned options or characters in general, so it's something to be happy about, I think. I'm excited to make more characters now, and try out the new hair.
  • Options
    nayruslove7nayruslove7 Posts: 108 Member
    I get that people want to feel represented too, especially in a game based so much on customization, but I doubt it was an accident that EA added the darker skin tones during February, even if it is for the new GP. As a very pale person, I think we should be happy for the new customization options instead of immediately complaining that they weren't for making sims that look exactly like you (or me). Like Mika pointed out, you don't see a lot of dark skinned options or characters in general,so it's something to be happy about, I think. I'm excited to make more characters now, and try out the new hair.

I’m really happy about the new skin tones! Yes, some are patchy, but I’m sure they will fix it in an upcoming patch. I am all about customization, so more skin tones the better. I’m hopeful that they will add a few pale shades in the future, since my skin color is not in the game, but if not, I’m not going to complain about not getting FREE content. I don’t understand the drama on Twitter and tumblr. I feel the the sims 4 has become the most diverse sims game yet...from the trans update, adding different textured hairstyles, and to bringing foreign cultures in updates and in city living. I mean I feel that they are trying their best to be more inclusive?
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    I'm really happy about the new skin tones, finely more diversity ^^
    I just wish that they also gave us new hair colour in the future ( i would love a lighter brown, or a darker blond )