Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Sims 4 Patch available

Comments

• Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    What that hair needs is curlers. It looks like an old fashioned style that was set with curlers under one of those big beauty salon helmet hairdryers, and they've taken out the curlers but haven't finished styling it yet, hehe.
  • Options
    quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    The hair i's very similar to Doña Florinda's hair from El Chavo Del Ocho.
  • Options
    PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    Personally i like the new hairdo. I think its perfect for elder ladies. And the skintones look really good too. Hopefully that red mark on the nose will be fixed quickly.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Someone post pics of new hair and skintones.

0GnoCJW.png

Zhb1wRs.png
    OM*COUGH*DIE.

• Options
    birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 400 Member
    I'm really happy with the new skin tones! Now I would just like some new hair and eye colors as well. :smile:
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Hehe I like the new hair, it reminds me of Frenchy from grease! :blush:
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Thank you Maxis.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    The hair reminds me of Medusa.
  • Options
    Hehe I like the new hair, it reminds me of Frenchy from grease! :blush:

Thank you. That helps me a tiny, wee, small bit. But... still, a little is better than nothing, @keylimepiesims . So I give you a solemn handshake. *still weeping*
  • Options
    SeraphicPinkSeraphicPink Posts: 202 Member
    The only thing in this patch that I'm glad to see is that I won't get nightclub invites at 2 in the morning.The rest doesn't really interest me.

Been waiting for this fix for an eternity. finally!
    My Simblr: http://seraphicsimblr.tumblr.com/
    Origin: SeraphicPink

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,884 Member
    edited February 2018
    Thanks for the update! And thanks simmers for the suggestions on how to use the hair. I have a HP household and I'm sure they'd be thrilled to meet Dolores. :D Also would be suitable for my diner waitress.
  • Options
    FabooshFaboosh Posts: 160 Member
    This is interesting! I never have been this mad about a hairstyle since that great clips experience I had when I was 12. It's 2018, the hairstyle is from 1977. Could they actually hire a stylist to help with clothing & hair? I'm glad some people like it. I personally think it's the ugliest thing they have ever put out in the 18 year history of the game! I cannot believe they missed the skintone glitch,did anyone even look at the black sims to see if they were okay? My guess is they did not
  • Options
    ghilieghilie Posts: 243 Member
    edited February 2018
    I like the ridiculous hair but the patchy dark skintones need to be fixed ASAP.

8ruhcsY.jpg
    b4XxrKj.jpg

nZLbne1.jpg

• Options
    Jenna2376Jenna2376 Posts: 120 Member
    Well, that hair is the Grammy's from The Lorax. Just what my game was missing, haha.
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    @Netzspannung your Sims are ALWAYS gorgeous :love:
    They can make anything work!
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Did a quick test and unfortunately no secret fixes in the patch. Jogging/hiking still can't be properly cancelled (they should fix this before the Jungle GP!), hand and stone massage are still broken, Kids TV channel as annoying as ever ... Can anybody test if the all-toddlers-are-chubby bug is fixed?
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    @ItsJanier Thank you, that is such a sweet thing to say!
    This reminds me of the whole argument about Halle Berry's hair at the Oscars. I thought she looked great. But I like big hair (and I cannot lie) ... :D
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    new skintones sounds exciting as heck! why so many negative responses?
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Hairdo on this sims seems good to me.

[img][/img]M6BEtyY.png
    [img][/img]0E0Vcfu.png

• Options
    ghilieghilie Posts: 243 Member
    new skintones sounds exciting as heck! why so many negative responses?

They sounded that way to me too! But when I went into the game to look at them, the darker ones were patchy and weird, and made the sims look diseased. I am really disappointed by this, because I wanted some beautiful dark skintones. I certainly don't want to come off as negative, because I want the sims team to keep including diversity in the game, but the patchy skintones need to be fixed right away. It's just unacceptable.

nZLbne1.jpg

• Options
    Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    So new Skintones, a Hairstyle and a shirt. Plus some Bugfixes. Not Bad but still not some Valentines content. :/

Hm are the new skintones working with default skin cc? Has anyone tested it out?
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    BUT WHY DO WE NEVER GET ANY NEW MALE STYLED HAIRSTYLES? I'M ANNOYED BY THIS SEXISM. BUT HAPPY ABOUT THE SKINTONES. I'M TORN.

Also not alot of bugs were fixed :\

With the gender neutral content any Sim can wear any style that suits them. Haven't gone into game yet but the new skin tones sound promising. Maybe I'll play around with CAS a bit. The new hairstyle does look nice for Elders; there really aren't many of the female hairstyles that look really "grandma-ish". Some of the ones where they're pulled back in a bun, perhaps.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options

Mitzi's looking all right in this new hair. As to skin tone, I can sort of see the flubs but not really well unless I zoom in a lot but that is likely my eyesight, which is not good. Anyway, the hair looks better in-game than on a screenshot, I think.

500b8Zn.png