Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Sims 4 Patch available

12345679...Next

Comments

• Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited February 2018
    mika wrote: »
    Not even one pale skin-tone has been added:(
    All of the 10 new skintones are dark-medium to dark.
    Oh well... that's what CC is for I guess.

That's a first in video game history, most things cater to paler people. I'm glad my skintone is finally in a game.

It's unfortunate that you had to wait this long. Really, I feel like the omission of the color wheel from the game was such a major loss. Things like this definitely could have been prevented. The Twitter Sims community is quite on edge right now over this topic. Rather than EA's community managers hopping to the defense and attacking TS3 to defend TS4, I think a thread here working with players to find a good medium would be the best route...

As far as the patch goes, I really wish there were more bug fixes. The other day, my Sim refused to stay asleep, and it definitely wasn't anything gameplay-related. He would just keep waking up, and not even a reset/game repair would fix this. Then my Sims, as they have been for weeks now, keep standing in front of the sinks, idle. I have really never seen such game-breaking bugs in The Sims before.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited February 2018
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Also, I don't know if you can tell but some of the new skin tones, specially the darker ones, have weird red face marks on the nose.

Now I don't know if it's on purpose or not. These are just the ones that have such markings. I think it's a graphical glitch.

7MJyDx1.png

lBaiMhm.png

qYnrOXM.png

CGji5d8.png

cute!! it almost looks like what Carly might have looked like the next day after having curlers in her hair in Gen 4 "Gossip" chapter

87fRxoa.jpg?1
    Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited February 2018
    Nice patch. I really like the new skintones. It would be nice if we could get a patch with few single Tiara´s or Crowns in a hat section so we could create princesses, queens, kings and princes in the game . :smile:
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited February 2018
    Maybe the darker skin tone was added to celebrate Black History Month. But the skin needs to be fix because there's red lines around the nose and mouth area.
  • Options
    angelchromeangelchrome Posts: 421 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Really, I feel like the omission of the color wheel from the game was such a major loss. Things like this definitely could have been prevented.
    +1
    Nothing against adding more skin tones, I'm glad they did, but with only a handful of each tone available I know a lot of people can't match their own skin color. IDK, maybe the cats or dogs can match perfectly, they get a color wheel...
    beville wrote: »
    But the skin needs to be fix because there's red lines around the nose and mouth area.
    +1
    QC with this game seems nonexistent IMO.
  • Options
    PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    I am thrilled about the new dark skins! I always thought the dark skins were lacking before. Now if only those red marks would disappear...
  • Options
    simmingmom1simmingmom1 Posts: 323 Member
    edited February 2018
    The new darker skin tones are a joke. Very disappointing. Seems as if they just threw those tones together with out any thought. "Ashy" is not a skin tone. LOL The orange/red marks around the nose and mouth are awful. And the makeup looks terrible on those tones. IJS....
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    This townie rocked up to my vet's sporting the new 'do - I think she looks rather fabulous, her and her giant blue fluffy dog :D
    RWHZgH6.png
    YB81z1c.png

LOVE these shots! Awesome dog, btw. And those glasses just make that look.

• Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    This townie rocked up to my vet's sporting the new 'do - I think she looks rather fabulous, her and her giant blue fluffy dog :D
    RWHZgH6.png
    YB81z1c.png

LOVE these shots! Awesome dog, btw. And those glasses just make that look.
    Normally my townies are a hot mess, but she's marvellous - I shall have to incorporate her into my storyline in some way :p