Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Sims 4 Patch available

Comments

• Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    BooDaBoo5 wrote: »
    Madachan88 wrote: »
    So new Skintones, a Hairstyle and a shirt. Plus some Bugfixes. Not Bad but still not some Valentines content. :/

Hm are the new skintones working with default skin cc? Has anyone tested it out?

I'd like to know this as well. I really don't want to update until I'm sure it will work!

I have default skin replacement and still have 4 extra tones than we were given. It seems to still work.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    @Netzspannung, that's adorable. <3 Is that a game outfit or cc?
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Wow I had to do actual real life stuff and come back to this. I love that hairdo. I can see it on a James Brown caricature or Lucille Ball easily.
    Thanks so much for showing us your absolutely gorgeous sims @Netzspannung and @Todiloo. I'm pretty sure I'll be using it as a "fancy" do.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    it's an outfit that came with city living. here's a household of mine where both sims are wearing it:
    3c6c08224b62d199cb5f72ef6e1e4464.png

also, as several said earlier in the thread, i really wasn't feeling this hairstyle until some others started showing what could be done with it. it really suits a lot of varied styles and tastes and now i just finished editing a sim to use it. though i still dislike it for most of the lighter colors
  • Options
    RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    Funny, today I was thinking about the discussion from a few months back about what new skin tones we would like. I hope they fix up the blotchy ones soon because those warmer dark skin tones are the sort of thing I was waiting for.
    iscQh5U.png
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    As a vegan, I thought the last patch note about being appalled at the eggs was hilarious. The retro hair is kind of befitting. We ARE celebrating 18 years, after all. I've been playing ever since the beginning, and I loved the post-mortem apology for all those kitchen fires. RIP to all my old TS1 sims that died tragically by kitchen fires... and repairing the TV. I think I was the most happy to see the new skin tones added. Darker sims have really gotten the short end of the stick, and we have desperately needed some diversity.

Also VERY glad they addressed the vampire bug. I couldn't stand them dancing around like, "OoOooo, I'm gonna get the blood drained from me! Happy dance!"
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    @simgirl1010 I will post one more, even though I shouldn't, but I think it is super cute and also I feel encouraged now, which I tell people not to do ... but isn't this cute though? :D

Ru1tcg9.jpg

She is adorable. Good choice.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Todiloo wrote: »
    Okay, so I played around some more.. and then I started wondering if I could put the new hairstyle on a guy and "make it work", this was my result:

39224999715_14fa5943d9.jpg
    So yeah, I kinda like it. I think it will look great in gameplay.

But then something magically happened when I started throwing hats at the dude, and now I'm shook. I löööve it! Am I totally in the blue, or do you guys agree that this new hairstyle look amazing on a dude with a hat? I rarely use hats in game, now I wanna throw hats at all the hairstyles!
    39412207134_1a485e35e6_z.jpg

The male looks amazing too. Yep the hats really look good with the do on the males. Must try this too.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I think the hair is adorable in a ridiculous sort of way and I'm putting it on my male sims. All of them. >:)
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    This hair is perfect for a diner waitress. I can almost hear the gum popping...

oR5hxK4.png

"What'll it be, hun?"

Yeah but where's the hairnet?? :D
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Aggh! Frank-N-Furter and Prince too.... I gotta get in the game.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I'm assuming the new skin tones will work seamlessly with genetics. Anyone know?
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited February 2018
    That hairstyle could work if you're going for a 1950's/1960's type of theme/storyline I'd think?
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Can they not fix vampires breaking into community lots its annoying not to be able to have your sim leave when they want because its says a vampire has broken in on a community lot of all places.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited February 2018
    Seems like they added a more ethnic hairstyle. The game has a lot more straight hairstyles than curly/kinky-curly but it does look a bit off putting? Something is missing, not sure.Not enough definition, or just need smaller coils. I also think the style of the game plays a part. Anyways, on the right sim it looks fine. Glad theyre trying, especially with more darker skintones! :) hope ppl whos clowning on this hairstyle don't hate on black hair irl...
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,660 Member
    I'm assuming the new hair and tee shirt only come if you have certain packs as I haven't got them, yet I do have the skin colours.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited February 2018
    February11 wrote: »
    I'm assuming the new hair and tee shirt only come if you have certain packs as I haven't got them, yet I do have the skin colours.

No, they're all included in the patch for everyone. Try temporarily removing all mods/CC (if you have any,) and repair your game.

But don't save the game with everything removed. This is just for testing to see if mods/CC could be at fault.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    IceyJ wrote: »

No, they're all included in the patch for everyone. Try temporarily removing all mods/CC (if you have any,) and repair your game.

But don't save the game with everything removed. This is just for testing to see if mods/CC could be at fault.

I don't have any cc or mods, but Ill go and have a shot at a game repair. Thanks for the suggestion.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Yeeeeeeeeeeesssssssss!!!! I am beyond happy they fixed the dead sims on family tree alive glitch!!!! :D
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    IceyJ wrote: »

I don't have any cc or mods, but Ill go and have a shot at a game repair. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Found the hair, can't find the tee shirt ... what does it look like?

EDIT - just realized I assumed it was a guys tee shirt! *rolls eyes*
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Also, I don't know if you can tell but some of the new skin tones, specially the darker ones, have weird red face marks on the nose.

Now I don't know if it's on purpose or not. These are just the ones that have such markings. I think it's a graphical glitch.

7MJyDx1.png

lBaiMhm.png

qYnrOXM.png

CGji5d8.png

I can’t see any red marks
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    and still no light skintones that aren't orange. i hope this doesn't ruin my cc skintones.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I can’t see any red marks
    tumblr_p3rf1xFw831v707rto1_1280.png
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Some people might like the hair but I don't like it the new skintones maybe.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Not even one pale skin-tone has been added:(
    All of the 10 new skintones are dark-medium to dark.
    Oh well... that's what CC is for I guess.

There were plenty of pale skin tones though. So those weren't even remotely as urgent.