Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    @munterbacon are your stories on wordpress currently short? xDi need a break from the one i was attempting to read that has over 100 chapters. and i've been kinda drifting and not wanting to finish it. But I never give up on a story until I'm done. but breaks. i take those :D

@Shadami they are short and really well written! They are also fun and refreshing! I'd say give it a go. :)
    Setting up for my SimLit is tough... it was tougher then i thought trying to find a jacket for Travis :P

Cmon, Sims. I just wanna give this doofus guy a doofus jacket. :joy:

@LyricSimsz15 Oh dear, I get what you mean. I've been playing around with hairstyles for when my teens become young adults. (There's a time jump coming soon). It's really hard. :D
    Rockannie wrote: »
    Happy Timezones all! :blush:

Changing things up a bit and releasing a X.I.N. update for Ironbound. Note, that this relates to current events in the story so if you haven't caught up, it's probably best not to read just yet :)

Deity: The Harmony

@Munterbacon Woohooo! Still not up to date yet, but you may have noticed a couple more likes on your wordpress site! :smiley: Can't wait to be up to date. These make excellent bedtime stories. XD (Okay, pretty terrible bedtime stories because they're so addictive, but... hehe).

@simscognito I did! I started Friends of Foes too, up to chapter 5 or 6 I think, really enjoying it!

I noticed that @chalicen started also :) I hope you're having fun!

@Munterbacon oh sweet, thanks. Hehe, yeah I'm having loads of fun, except, not so much these coming chapters because I'm being horrible to one of my fav characters, but all goods! :D Yeah, @chalicen was one of my first readers. Her first comment was hilarious. :D

I'll start commenting on yours soon. Just want to finish this first arc! XD But absolutely loving Shaela! XD

Same with me. @Munterbacon Friends of Foes is waaaaaaaay too addicting. It's just so unique and excellently written ugh

@Rockannie Oh wow thanks so much. It's by no means high literature, :D but I try my best to at least eliminate grammar errors. XD I'm so glad you're enjoying it. :)
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    edited February 2018
    Setting up for my SimLit is tough... it was tougher then i thought trying to find a jacket for Travis :P

I know the problem, Lyric. I spent waaaay to long picking a dress for my gen 2's heir's bride. (She's now his wife..) :) Excited for my gen 3 heir's wedding as I actually get a chapter for it but that's getting ahead of myself. Excited to read your story! :)
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    @simscognito I realized last night that more forms of "texture" in my story- newspaper articles, FB posts, and IM messages
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    Rockannie wrote: »
    Happy Timezones all! :blush:

Changing things up a bit and releasing a X.I.N. update for Ironbound. Note, that this relates to current events in the story so if you haven't caught up, it's probably best not to read just yet :)

Deity: The Harmony

@Munterbacon Woohooo! Still not up to date yet, but you may have noticed a couple more likes on your wordpress site! :smiley: Can't wait to be up to date. These make excellent bedtime stories. XD (Okay, pretty terrible bedtime stories because they're so addictive, but... hehe).

@simscognito I did! I started Friends of Foes too, up to chapter 5 or 6 I think, really enjoying it!

I noticed that @chalicen started also :) I hope you're having fun!

@Munterbacon oh sweet, thanks. Hehe, yeah I'm having loads of fun, except, not so much these coming chapters because I'm being horrible to one of my fav characters, but all goods! :D Yeah, @chalicen was one of my first readers. Her first comment was hilarious. :D

I'll start commenting on yours soon. Just want to finish this first arc! XD But absolutely loving Shaela! XD

Same with me. @Munterbacon Friends of Foes is waaaaaaaay too addicting. It's just so unique and excellently written ugh

Exactly! I love the comedy and the characters are quite relatable - everyone knows a person like Adrian in real life! :D
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @simscognito I realized last night that more forms of "texture" in my story- newspaper articles, FB posts, and IM messages
    @MadameLee yep, that's what I call multi media. Using more than one format to express your story. :)
  • Options

@LyricSimsz15 Oh dear, I get what you mean. I've been playing around with hairstyles for when my teens become young adults. (There's a time jump coming soon). It's really hard. :D
    Ooh, time jump. I wonder what hair you're giving Henry.... :open_mouth:
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    edited February 2018

@LyricSimsz15 What kind of jacket are you looking for? If you've got some RL pic as a reference I might know where to find something. CC for men is pretty scarce but there are a few gems out there.
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

@Bugsie2016 hehe... It'll be another seven to eight chapters yet before the time jump, but you'll see. XD I'll give you a clue, it will NOT be the hair on the Hephaestion Bust (they actually have a hairstyle similar in CAS). That looks truly awful on Henry. :D
  • Options

@Bugsie2016 hehe... It'll be another seven to eight chapters yet before the time jump, but you'll see. XD I'll give you a clue, it will NOT be the hair on the Hephaestion Bust (they actually have a hairstyle similar in CAS). That looks truly awful on Henry. :D

Pics or it's not true....
  • Options

Pics or it's not true....

Ok, I'll show you. Just wait a sec while I log into my computer. XD
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    @munterbacon are your stories on wordpress currently short? xDi need a break from the one i was attempting to read that has over 100 chapters. and i've been kinda drifting and not wanting to finish it. But I never give up on a story until I'm done. but breaks. i take those :D

Ironbound is pretty long (just finished chapter 108 yesterday) but it does have parts which I would consider natural places to stop.

My other stories are short but unfinished

- My Life As A Zombie I canned because I wasn't happy with the limitations that the game had when it came to certain characters I wanted to introduce. Still worth a read if you want to take on a satirical look into the day-to-day life of a zombie.
    - The Stevens Legacy is midway through Gen 2 and it's the lowest priority story I have going.
    - The Colours of My Heart is possibly going to see some updates once I get to where I want in Ironbound, it is time and poses extensive, it requires a lot of scene manipulation and photo editing (especially the WW2 scenes, as I edit the photos into old-time Black & White photos) and thankfully I've seen some new poses that will make things easier going forward.

I'll probably give them all a read at some point. I love reading. May do life as a zombie first than just because I'll probably be able to read it through quickly. xD
  • Options
  • Options
    @Bugsie2016
    here they are...
    BxQc0U6.png
    fKPyJxq.png

Yep, he looks ridiculous. Worse than Claude's 13 year old hair cut (the one I showed you and you said it wasn't that bad)

For everyone else who don't have a clue what Claude's hair looked like:
    13 year old Claude
    10-31-17_2-08-04c2a0am.png?w=640

Claude currently
    01-20-18_9-30-28c2a0pm.png?w=640
  • Options
    elifdapetonelifdapeton Posts: 217 Member
    Question: What is one thing about your story that you hope no one picks on when they're commenting?
    I don't think I have one since my story kinds of relies on comments picking up on something that I didn't cover.
    peoples%2Blegacy.gif
    Peoples Legacy
    | Legacy Challenge Story. 18+
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    @Bugsie2016
    here they are...
    BxQc0U6.png
    fKPyJxq.png

Yep, he looks ridiculous. Worse than Claude's 13 year old hair cut (the one I showed you and you said it wasn't that bad)

13 year old Claude

Claude currently

Woohoo! @Bugsie2016 agrees! :smiley: Are you aware that this is rare when it comes to the topic of ridiculous pics? XD

Oh wow! Claude and Henry have the same hairstyle currently. :D They have good taste. XD
  • Options
    IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    @Bugsie2016
    here they are...
    BxQc0U6.png
    fKPyJxq.png

I don't think I've ever had a sim that could pull off that hair! :D Something about it just always seems off.
  • Options
    Wow... Henry don't keep that haircut. xD
  • Options
    @Bugsie2016
    here they are...
    BxQc0U6.png
    fKPyJxq.png

I don't think I've ever had a sim that could pull off that hair! :D Something about it just always seems off.

@IchigoUsagi I know right? It's just not a flattering look. I don't know what the ancient Macedonians and Greeks were thinking. :D
  • Options
    @Bugsie2016
    here they are...
    BxQc0U6.png
    fKPyJxq.png

13 year old Claude

Claude currently

Woohoo! @Bugsie2016 agrees! :smiley: Are you aware that this is rare when it comes to the topic of ridiculous pics? XD

Oh wow! Claude and Henry have the same hairstyle currently. :D They have good taste. XD

I think Henry should get this one... (If you're not against cc..)
  • Options
    I may have to try to get a sim that can pull that hair off. xD
  • Options
    Wow... Henry don't keep that haircut. xD

Don't worry @Shadami he won't. I won't let him! :D
  • Options
    @Bugsie2016
    here they are...
    BxQc0U6.png
    fKPyJxq.png

13 year old Claude

Claude currently

Just had a look @Bugsie2016 Nope. Not against cc. I've been looking for cc hair for Henry. I'm going for more maxis match hairstyles. That one would go really well on an Evil Genius, (particularly the green hairXD) but Sweglords go for more looser hairstyles.
  • Options
    @Bugsie2016
    here they are...
    BxQc0U6.png
    fKPyJxq.png

13 year old Claude

Claude currently

Just had a look @Bugsie2016 Nope. Not against cc. I've been looking for cc hair for Henry. I'm going for more maxis match hairstyles. That one would go really well on an Evil Genius, (particularly the green hairXD) but Sweglords go for more looser hairstyles.

Here's Male Maxis Match hair. :)Female Maxis Match Hair
  • Options
    @Bugsie2016
    here they are...
    BxQc0U6.png
    fKPyJxq.png

13 year old Claude

Claude currently

Here's Male Maxis Match hair. :)Female Maxis Match Hair

@Bugsie2016 Oh wow! This is perfect. Thanks so much! This is soooo Henry!
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    Hi got the next chapter up for Kiara's Legacy. I am doing laundry and just reorganized my room.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top