Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    Xylorta-XVXylorta-XV Posts: 234 Member
    Thank you so much @simscognito <3 I'm very glad you like it so far! I should have chapter 4 out soon, I've already got the pictures for it.
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    oh fun! I just caught up. I somehow missed the second part coming out xD
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Question: What is one thing about your story that you hope no one picks on when they're commenting?

Mine would be the terrible excuse a relationship wouldn't work between Claude and another character. (Yes, people picked on that and it was frustrating for me as I was hoping people would just ignore it... :# ) The other would be to do with the latest chapter and a certain detail. :#

Slipshod writing... my writing quality varies depending upon what I'm writing, how much effort I'm putting in, how quickly I publish, if I edit, and ...bah! I just don't know a lot of the time. :#
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited February 2018
    And LASL updates...

11-13-17_4-52-56c2a0pm.png?w=1024&h=576
    Lizzie decides to take a chance at the encouragement of friends.
    Entry No. 11 How to Improve Your Luck

11-13-17_4-59-55c2a0pm.png?w=1024&h=576

Featuring @CathyTea's Cathy Tea and @Skcaga6's Edwin and Sharon Wymer

Lizzie meets Joseph through a delightful misunderstanding.

Entry No. 12 How to Recover from Embarrassment

featuring @LegacySims2017's Joseph Simself
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    Question: What is one thing about your story that you hope no one picks on when they're commenting?

Mine would be the terrible excuse a relationship wouldn't work between Claude and another character. (Yes, people picked on that and it was frustrating for me as I was hoping people would just ignore it... :# ) The other would be to do with the latest chapter and a certain detail. :#

The fact that my writing style is so inconsistent. xD That I have a terrible way with grammar. Which i know is a problem in my ISBI at elast because my husband is reading along and keeps poking me. "You mixed up than and then again"

@Shadami Ahh, don't be too hard on yourself. :D One, I don't find your writing style inconsistant and two, your stories are easy to read and entertaining, which is good enough for me. :)
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @simscognito I once tried to write an Harry Potter Disney Musical fanfic. Want to take a guess on what the songs I used were? (Any Disney movie, including sequels songs )count from 1937 till 2009. (I wrote 6 chapters of 2012 year 1 had to be split up into 2 parts)

@MadameLee , hmm how about Reflection from Mulan because I love it so much, A Whole New World from Aladdin because Harry enters a 'who new world' XD, and You've got a friend in me from Toy Story coz Harry's got friends.... oh oh and maybe a star is born from Hercules for the lols??? :smiley: Or... maybe Be Prepared from The Lion King for He Who Must Not be Named. XD
  • Options
    Xylorta-XV wrote: »
    Thank you so much @simscognito <3 I'm very glad you like it so far! I should have chapter 4 out soon, I've already got the pictures for it.

@Xylorta-XV Yayyy!!!! XD
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,761 Member

The fact that my writing style is so inconsistent. xD That I have a terrible way with grammar. Which i know is a problem in my ISBI at elast because my husband is reading along and keeps poking me. "You mixed up than and then again"

@Shadami Ahh, don't be too hard on yourself. :D One, I don't find your writing style inconsistant and two, your stories are easy to read and entertaining, which is good enough for me. :)
    @simscognito I once tried to write an Harry Potter Disney Musical fanfic. Want to take a guess on what the songs I used were? (Any Disney movie, including sequels songs )count from 1937 till 2009. (I wrote 6 chapters of 2012 year 1 had to be split up into 2 parts)

@MadameLee , hmm how about Reflection from Mulan because I love it so much, A Whole New World from Aladdin because Harry enters a 'who new world' XD, and You've got a friend in me from Toy Story coz Harry's got friends.... oh oh and maybe a star is born from Hercules for the lols??? :smiley: Or... maybe Be Prepared from The Lion King for He Who Must Not be Named. XD

Well "You Got a Friend in Me" is the one friend's theme song (the one with a poor BIG red headed family which for some reason makes me think of Dickens' characters like Crachit family). I used Be Prepared for graveyard scene. Actually Hermione's sings Jasmine's line of a Whole New World. I use 2 songs from Tarzan. I don't use a Star is Born but i use another song from Hercules-should I say the 2nd song "crowds will cheer when they see face and a voice is saying This is will I'm meant to be"? I was planning on use in the last HP fanfic chapter one of the 2 songs which Jacob and Hannah I sing originally (the FIRST one) for a particular double agent character. But I really should finish that fanfic so I can go back and rewrite it. Guess what I used for DA meetings? (hint: Mulan "you lot are a patheic bunch/you haven't got a clue") or Dobby (hint: Robin William's Genie song). Guess what I used for Ginny when she's crushing on Harry? I use a bunch of other songs..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

Well "You Got a Friend in Me" is the one friend's theme song (the one with a poor BIG red headed family which for some reason makes me think of plum' characters like Crachit family). I used Be Prepared for graveyard scene. Actually Hermione's sings Jasmine's line of a Whole New World. I use 2 songs from Tarzan. I don't use a Star is Born but i use another song from Hercules-should I say the 2nd song "crowds will cheer when they see face and a voice is saying This is will I'm meant to be"? I was planning on use in the last HP fanfic chapter one of the 2 songs which Jacob and Hannah I sing originally (the FIRST one) for a particular double agent character. But I really should finish that fanfic so I can go back and rewrite it. Guess what I used for DA meetings? (hint: Mulan "you lot are a patheic bunch/you haven't got a clue") or Dobby (hint: Robin William's Genie song). Guess what I used for Ginny when she's crushing on Harry? I use a bunch of other songs..

@MadameLee
    THAT IS MY FAVOURITE SONG FROM HERCULES!!! :smiley:
    Sorry... hehe. XD I love Go The Distance.
    OMG You have my other fav from Mulan "I'll Make a Man Out of You!!!!!!"
    Oh and Friend Like ME?????? from Aladdin???
    Uh for Ginny... hmmmmm.... well for Harry and Ginny, there should be Kiss the Girl coz Harry's soooo slow at realising Ginny's the one!!! XD
    uhm..... then it should be See The Light!!! But we're talking about before 2009, so how about Once Upon A Dream? Or... Someday My Prince Will Come??
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,761 Member

Well "You Got a Friend in Me" is the one friend's theme song (the one with a poor BIG red headed family which for some reason makes me think of plum' characters like Crachit family). I used Be Prepared for graveyard scene. Actually Hermione's sings Jasmine's line of a Whole New World. I use 2 songs from Tarzan. I don't use a Star is Born but i use another song from Hercules-should I say the 2nd song "crowds will cheer when they see face and a voice is saying This is will I'm meant to be"? I was planning on use in the last HP fanfic chapter one of the 2 songs which Jacob and Hannah I sing originally (the FIRST one) for a particular double agent character. But I really should finish that fanfic so I can go back and rewrite it. Guess what I used for DA meetings? (hint: Mulan "you lot are a patheic bunch/you haven't got a clue") or Dobby (hint: Robin William's Genie song). Guess what I used for Ginny when she's crushing on Harry? I use a bunch of other songs..

@MadameLee
    THAT IS MY FAVOURITE SONG FROM HERCULES!!! :smiley:
    Sorry... hehe. XD I love Go The Distance.
    OMG You have my other fav from Mulan "I'll Make a Man Out of You!!!!!!"
    Oh and Friend Like ME?????? from Aladdin???
    Uh for Ginny... hmmmmm.... well for Harry and Ginny, there should be Kiss the Girl coz Harry's soooo slow at realising Ginny's the one!!! XD
    uhm..... then it should be See The Light!!! But we're talking about before 2009, so how about Once Upon A Dream? Or... Someday My Prince Will Come??

how about some song reprise from "1989" movie which also features a red-head female character? Guess what 2 songs Minerva sings (sorry I can't spell her last name) the Transfiguration teacher. 1 is from the cats movie and the other one is from 1950 Cinderella (FG song). Ron sings a line from the opening of La Belle &the Bete.

Sequels/musicals do count as well since I used songs from Lion King 2 and also from Aladdin 3. I had been listening in 2012 to HP Disney theme songs on youtube and it gave me the musical fanfic idea. I was getting really annoyed that people kept giving Harry "Zero to Hero" song I felt it should go to Neville. I mean when you consider that Harry was a hero at
    15 months old so just over a year old

Can you take a gander about what you think Fred and George's theme song is? But my fanfic mostly falls the books rather then the movie.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Harry potter disney mashup in a musical <3 Oh goodness I need that in my life. I love disney music. I feel like putting some on now and signing actually... @MadameLee

@simscognito Thanks! ^-^
    I just posted another side story for DBG. that is kind of main story but not ? xD
    Chance's Birthday Wish
    Helps me. i keep writing. I have to many ideas in my head. and getting all of my screenshots into words and the stories that were in my head when I played the game and took them is like... <3 a terrible addiction. xD
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    Happy Timezones all! :blush:

Changing things up a bit and releasing a X.I.N. update for Ironbound. Note, that this relates to current events in the story so if you haven't caught up, it's probably best not to read just yet :)

Deity: The Harmony
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options

Changing things up a bit and releasing a X.I.N. update for Ironbound. Note, that this relates to current events in the story so if you haven't caught up, it's probably best not to read just yet :)

@Munterbacon Woohooo! Still not up to date yet, but you may have noticed a couple more likes on your wordpress site! :smiley: Can't wait to be up to date. These make excellent bedtime stories. XD (Okay, pretty terrible bedtime stories because they're so addictive, but... hehe).
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Hey @Munterbacon ! I'm torturing cog. :innocent:
  • Options
    edited February 2018

It's true... *gulp* And I've been so helpful and nice today. XD
  • Options

@Bugsie2016 :D I could let you in on a little secret, but Cog and I currently have a truce, so I gotta be nice! :blush:
    dustshaela.jpg
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options

It's true... *gulp* And I've been so helpful and nice today. XD

You should know from BL that no ship is entirely safe! :smirk:
  • Options

@Munterbacon Woohooo! Still not up to date yet, but you may have noticed a couple more likes on your wordpress site! :smiley: Can't wait to be up to date. These make excellent bedtime stories. XD (Okay, pretty terrible bedtime stories because they're so addictive, but... hehe).

@simscognito I did! I started Friends of Foes too, up to chapter 5 or 6 I think, really enjoying it!

I noticed that @chalicen started also :) I hope you're having fun!
    dustshaela.jpg
  • Options

@Bugsie2016 :D I could let you in on a little secret, but Cog and I currently have a truce, so I gotta be nice! :blush:

What secret is that @Munterbacon ???? :scream: There is no secret!!! And yes, we have a truce.... >:)

@Bugsie2016 why can't one dream????
  • Options

I've stopped now anyway. I can't be mean, it's hard work. :confounded:
  • Options

@simscognito I did! I started Friends of Foes too, up to chapter 5 or 6 I think, really enjoying it!

@Munterbacon oh sweet, thanks. Hehe, yeah I'm having loads of fun, except, not so much these coming chapters because I'm being horrible to one of my fav characters, but all goods! :D Yeah, @chalicen was one of my first readers. Her first comment was hilarious. :D

I'll start commenting on yours soon. Just want to finish this first arc! XD But absolutely loving Shaela! XD
  • Options

I've stopped now anyway. I can't be mean, it's hard work. :confounded:

You're doing a pretty good job so far. I'm still recovering from shock. :( My poor ships.
  • Options
    @munterbacon are your stories on wordpress currently short? xDi need a break from the one i was attempting to read that has over 100 chapters. and i've been kinda drifting and not wanting to finish it. But I never give up on a story until I'm done. but breaks. i take those :D
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Setting up for my SimLit is tough... it was tougher then i thought trying to find a jacket for Travis :P

Cmon, Sims. I just wanna give this doofus guy a doofus jacket. :joy:
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    RockannieRockannie Posts: 219 Member

@Munterbacon oh sweet, thanks. Hehe, yeah I'm having loads of fun, except, not so much these coming chapters because I'm being horrible to one of my fav characters, but all goods! :D Yeah, @chalicen was one of my first readers. Her first comment was hilarious. :D

I'll start commenting on yours soon. Just want to finish this first arc! XD But absolutely loving Shaela! XD

Same with me. @Munterbacon Friends of Foes is waaaaaaaay too addicting. It's just so unique and excellently written ugh
  • Options
    @munterbacon are your stories on wordpress currently short? xDi need a break from the one i was attempting to read that has over 100 chapters. and i've been kinda drifting and not wanting to finish it. But I never give up on a story until I'm done. but breaks. i take those :D

Ironbound is pretty long (just finished chapter 108 yesterday) but it does have parts which I would consider natural places to stop.

My other stories are short but unfinished

- My Life As A Zombie I canned because I wasn't happy with the limitations that the game had when it came to certain characters I wanted to introduce. Still worth a read if you want to take on a satirical look into the day-to-day life of a zombie.
    - The Stevens Legacy is midway through Gen 2 and it's the lowest priority story I have going.
    - The Colours of My Heart is possibly going to see some updates once I get to where I want in Ironbound, it is time and poses extensive, it requires a lot of scene manipulation and photo editing (especially the WW2 scenes, as I edit the photos into old-time Black & White photos) and thankfully I've seen some new poses that will make things easier going forward.
    dustshaela.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top