The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• Options
    funkeeferretfunkeeferret Posts: 415 Member
    @LillaGrisen and anyone else who's wondering: I checked just this morning and there's been no word on the ads for 6 months. I don't think they're coming back because, if EA cared about that, they'd have been fixed by now.

I've been taking a break from Simming etc. to work on my novel. If only the self-employed Writer career worked like it does in-game (at least until someone figures out a way to make this thing write itself lol.

(The bunnies have gotten so big! Both are fixed now, so can start bonding them soon~ yay!)

I sure agree with you about the ads. I gave up all hope of the ads coming back months ago for the reasons you mentioned. :/

:D what you said about the self-employed Writer career. Wishing you the best of luck on your novel! :)

Have fun bonding those adorable bunnies! <3

I'm still stalking the deals when I can and am plotting a few 'middle of the night ~ middle of the day ~ set the alarm clock' purchases for February. Nothing like planning in advance. :D
  • Options
    LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    @LillaGrisen and anyone else who's wondering: I checked just this morning and there's been no word on the ads for 6 months. I don't think they're coming back because, if EA cared about that, they'd have been fixed by now.

I've been taking a break from Simming etc. to work on my novel. If only the self-employed Writer career worked like it does in-game (at least until someone figures out a way to make this thing write itself lol.

(The bunnies have gotten so big! Both are fixed now, so can start bonding them soon~ yay!)
    Oh great, so literally nothing has changed in my six month-hiatus :weary:
    I didn't really think EA had or were going to fix the problem, but I kind of wish that they had at least had the courtesy to tell us it wasn't happening :confused: Oh, well... At least that meme of yours is still relevant, @lauravonawesome :lol:

(Also, Von, a novel? Maybe you've mentioned it here before, but nosy me is still going to ask what it's about? :blush: Either way, good luck with the writing as well as the bunny-bonding :smile:)
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Options
    JykarieJykarie Posts: 11 New Member
    > Awesomeness! it's such a rush when you discover how good some of the cascades can be! Great to see the Store still rewarding newcomers to this thread.

@ajaxpost It was even more of a rush when I got to watch my precious, precious Cow Plant eat the paparazzi. >:)
  • Options
    Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited January 2018
    @LillaGrisen I don't recall @lauravonawesome mentioning a novel either. So I'm also curious for some info.

I also gave up on ads long ago. Also agree that they could have had the courtesy to tell us they had given them up. Also am not surprised that they didn't. They have such a history of neglecting TS3 fans.

Really, the only reason they got any money out of me for TS4 is because I saw them actively fixing bugs on a regular basis. Something they definitely did not do with TS3. It's so sad that the community had to develop their own mods to fix bugs that EA never dealt with (thinking the changing table and the entire town of Isla Paradiso.) And if I was in a position now of deciding whether or not to pay for Simpoints to purchase Store items I'd really be torn. I'd say that ads paid for at least 90% of my store content.

All that being said, I still play TS3 90% of the time I spend playing Sims. I've never even tried the building aspect of 4. Although, I did watch a TS4 speed build of Hogwarts on YouTube the other day and was massively impressed with both the process and the results. But, even if I owned every pack of the newer version, it wouldn't touch the content I have in 3. And, as has been mentioned several times this week, there is SO MUCH I haven't discovered yet.

Well, I'm glad to see some chatting going on here. Both about the Deals and other stuff.

PS @Jykarie I keep forgetting to use the cowplant as paparazzi population control.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Options
    JykarieJykarie Posts: 11 New Member
    @Jude525 The paparazzi were the primary reason I wanted a Cow Plant. I had a huge smile on my face the whole time and watching them flee the lot in terror after the plant spit them out was amazing. :grin:
  • Options
    LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    Jykarie wrote: »
    @ajaxpost It was even more of a rush when I got to watch my precious, precious Cow Plant eat the paparazzi. >:)
    I've got to try that. I've only recently installed Late Night for the first time, and somehow my sim has (without me even trying) already become a lv. 4 celebrity :confused: The paparazzi have been all over the poor thing, and I'd love to see them suffer :naughty:

@Jude525 I don't own all of the Store (that I can purchase with sp) yet, but I would dare say I own most of it, and the vast majority that I purchased by myself was purchased with sp gained through ads. I'm glad to say I think I have enough sp left to be able to finish off the Store on my own, but it's sad to see that there are people who are quite a bit away from owning the Store, as well as to think that these people might have to decide whether or not owning the Store is worth real-life money :disappointed: And to top that off, both the GD and this thread seem to have become much quieter after the disappearance of the ads.
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    rnrameyrnramey Posts: 3,124 Member
    Current Deal

Note: This item is from a set that is not eligible for CYS discount. Do not buy if you plan on buying the set.
    763 ) Show Stopping Style- Futuristic Gleeves Jacket / 19 / 45 / 58% / 2 hours
    Part of: Show Stopping Styles Collection; Seeing Stars
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

Upcoming Deals

764 ) Fairyfly / 23 / 50 / 54% / 2 hours
    Part of: Faire Folk Attire; Faire Folk Furnishings + Attire; Make a Wish Compilation; No Tricks, Just Treats Costume Compilation

765 ) Halter with Beads / 36 / 75 / 52% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation

766 ) Once Upon a Time Cottage- Quaint Kitchen Sink / 32 / 40 / 20% / 2 hours
    Part of: Once Upon A Time Cottage; Happily Ever After; Make A Wish Compilation

767 ) Shoji Screen Curtain / 48 / 89 / 46% / 2 hours
    Part of: Itadakimasu! Japanese Inspired Dining; Best of 2012 Compilation

768 ) Spa Necessities / 7 / 27 / 74% / 2 hours
    Part of: Zen Again; World Inspiration Compilation

769 ) Aims Co. Choc-O-Falls Fountain / 230 / 545 / 58% / 2 hours
    Part of: Le Cirque Celebration!
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 337, but less than # 902)

Here is the official trailer so you can preview the venue. This is one of the first venues released by the store, so it does not contain any premium items.
    770 ) Olympian Physique / 560 / 1000 / 44% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 187, # 720, # 331, # 559 # 924) (Deals 331, 559 and 924 are same price)

771 ) Deliciously Indulgent Bakery / 855 / 1900 / 55% / 2 hours
    Not part of any set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 580, # 172)

772 ) Show Stopping Styles Collection / 802 / 1573 / 49% / 2 hours
    Part of: Seeing Stars
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 330, # 488, but less than # 596)

773 ) Vertical Challenge Rock Wall / 240 / 545 / 56% / 2 hours
    Part of: Man Cave Compilation; Adventurous Life!; World Inspiration Compilation (indirectly by owning Adventurous Life!)
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 573, # 214)

774 ) Vineyard Vittles Dining Table / 36 / 99 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: Mediterranean Villa Kitchen/Dining; July 2011 Compilation; Villa Paraíso

775 ) Hogan’s Deep-Fried Diner Starter Kit / 330 / 600 / 45% / 2 hours
    Part of: I Heart The 50’s
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 521, # 483)

Call me Regina. My Page Proud member of the "Own the store" club! :D

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited January 2018
    @Me1620 and @ajaxpost – thank you both for your unbelievable support of my organisational pursuits!

Jodi, I remember going through an achievement badge journey for a while there. They are such a good way to explore different parts of the game. One day, I'll get back to it, assuming the functionality isn't removed when EA eventually closes servers.

Adrian, I agree that it says something about how special the series is that we're all still doing something with our game. I did, in fact, load up my game on the weekend to attempt to finish off my Sunset Valley project—and couldn't believe that, after nine years, I was back in Sunset Valley of all places! Sims 3 came out when I was in high school and I shared the underpowered family computer, so a lot has changed for me in that time. I keep feeling like I should be moving onto Sims 4 (as I quickly went from Sims 2 to 3 with minimal regrets, although I will always miss the liveliness of the Sims 2 characters and the quirky humour). But, I can't bring myself to do it. There's still so much left undone in Sims 3!

"Undone" for me, of course, also includes an updated version of my Simdex. :wink: Fortunately, the check boxes are, I think, working as intended!

Would anyone mind testing for me, before I get ahead of myself? I've included just the Riverview page, which will need to be downloaded to work. Basically, all I want to know is whether the single Check All/Check None box is doing as planned—it should check all and clear all on alternating clicks. That means on first click, it should check all boxes on the page and, on second click, it should clear all on the page; on third click, it should re-check them all and, on fourth click, clear again. You should be able to click any number of item boxes and then click Check All later without any issues. Likewise, you should be able to Check All and manually uncheck one (not sure whether that is useful or not, but it should work) or Clear All on second click and manually re-check one.

Check Box Test

Assuming that works for you all and with different PDF programs, I think I'm ready to undertake the overhaul! There will obviously be other features, but I'm keeping them mostly secret for now. :wink:
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @kellycot1 Erin, I just downloaded the page. It checked all and cleared all with the clicks and again on third and fourth click the same. I could check several items singly and then uncheck them as well. I used adobe and don't have the most current version of it if that helps you. :)
  • Options
    @bekkasan - that's very helpful, thank you! I'm glad it appears to be working. At the very least, you'll be able to benefit from a new Simdex one day. :wink:

Strictly speaking, there's no reason this shouldn't work for anyone if the Simdex was already working for them BUT technology can be rather fickle. I'd definitely prefer to test it before putting the extra hours in. So, thanks Sandi!
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @kellycot1 You are welcome. I use the simdex all the time right now if I want something added to my game. I don't have all content in right now as the puter can't handle it, but certain items I do miss and will add them when I think of them and the simdex is perfect when I don't remember what set they came with and make them so easy to find. Love the search feature. :) Those check marks will come in handy again when I do get that new puter and get to add all my stuff back in. :)
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited January 2018
    kellycot1 wrote: »
    @Me1620 and @ajaxpost – thank you both for your unbelievable support of my organisational pursuits!

I keep feeling like I should be moving onto Sims 4 (as I quickly went from Sims 2 to 3 with minimal regrets, although I will always miss the liveliness of the Sims 2 characters and the quirky humour). But, I can't bring myself to do it. There's still so much left undone in Sims 3!
    Although I played TS2 a fair bit, and installed lots of mods I never quite 'connected' with it in the way I have with TS3 and I think part of that was that I didn't get involved with the community at all. Indeed, it was discovering the legacy challenges on the Forum that really took my enjoyment to another level and then finding the DD thread and all the amazing people here who not only helped me save a shed-load of Simpoints but also encouraged and supported my attempts at building; opening up another creative aspect of this game.

Maybe if I spent more time engaging with the TS4 community I would enjoy that game more but, yeah, there are still worlds and careers I haven't even touched on yet in TS3 - years of play left! :)
    kellycot1 wrote: »
    Would anyone mind testing for me, before I get ahead of myself? I've included just the Riverview page, which will need to be downloaded to work. Basically, all I want to know is whether the single Check All/Check None box is doing as planned—it should check all and clear all on alternating clicks. That means on first click, it should check all boxes on the page and, on second click, it should clear all on the page; on third click, it should re-check them all and, on fourth click, clear again. You should be able to click any number of item boxes and then click Check All later without any issues. Likewise, you should be able to Check All and manually uncheck one (not sure whether that is useful or not, but it should work) or Clear All on second click and manually re-check one.

Assuming that works for you all and with different PDF programs, I think I'm ready to undertake the overhaul! There will obviously be other features, but I'm keeping them mostly secret for now. :wink:
    Like Sandi, I found it works exactly as you'd expect. Click the all box once it checks all the items, click again it deselects all the items. If any individual items are already selected before checking the All box it will select all the other items. Likewise if you've deselected a few items and then click All it will deselect all. So, yep, that all looks good.

Though ... if I was being pernickety, the 'All' box would be linked to the state of all items so that if there is a mix of checked and unchecked items it would show either as unselected or a third 'partial' state. Y'know just to be awkward. :wink:

Edit to Add: I'm using Acrobat Reader DC, currently at version 2018.09.20050. :)
  • Options
    @bekkasan – that's awesome to hear you still use the Simdex! Granted, I'd keep working on it anyway because I like having it for me (haha, I'm so selfish!), but it's nice to know it's helpful for others as well. I better get cracking, then, so that the new version is all done when you need it. :smiley:

@ajaxpost – thanks for testing and reporting back! No worries about being "awkward", as you say. I really appreciate the feedback, as we all use and interpret the Simdex differently—it's hard for me to predict on my own what everyone else wants in it.

I've thought about this extra functionality for Check All before, so here's some insight into my silly brain process: I want the Check All to represent the ownership/installation status of the actual set, so I don't want it to be checked automatically if all items are owned or, similarly, unchecked automatically if one item is manually missing—someone might have installed the set as a set, but intentionally uninstalled one item. The way it is now gives a good amount of control to the user.

I do agree that a third "partial" state would be useful for indicating something between all and none, but I haven't managed to get this to work properly yet. When I had another symbol to indicate partial completion of a set, it constantly showed up as a standard check mark on my laptop (using a different reader program). Plus, I'm now using even more code on the one Check All box, so it might be tricky to set the behaviour for the clicks and a separate behaviour for detecting the status of the other items. Rest assured, this is something I'm working on but may or may not happen until the next next iteration. :tongue:

If we have any JavaScripters out there who think they know what to do, I'd love your help!
    a.k.a. Erin
  • Options
    Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    It's funny. As I play, sometimes, I realize that my memories mash 2 and 3 together. I remember living in apartments, going to college and running businesses in 2. But, when I went back to explore a bootleg copy of the Ultimate release, I was amazed at how alien the interface seemed. It's like in my memory those release features of 2 were just earlier packs from 3 that were replaced by the much better interface I'm now used to. And, oh my gosh, the lack of an open world is just as glaringly missing playing 2 as it is playing 4!!!

But 2 was so much more flexible. EA practically gave the code away, allowing scads of user created content, including custom animations and interactions. Then EA figured out that people were making money off of all that custom content and closed the code down with 3 to introduce the Store for their own custom content instead. But, they did gie us the CASt feature to soften the blow. I just wish they had left the feature where I could put my own pictures in a folder for my Sims to paint. It was an easy way to fill their houses with a variety of artwork without me having to learn how to create CC.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Jude525 wrote: »
    It's funny. As I play, sometimes, I realize that my memories mash 2 and 3 together. I remember living in apartments, going to college and running businesses in 2. But, when I went back to explore a bootleg copy of the Ultimate release, I was amazed at how alien the interface seemed. It's like in my memory those release features of 2 were just earlier packs from 3 that were replaced by the much better interface I'm now used to. And, oh my gosh, the lack of an open world is just as glaringly missing playing 2 as it is playing 4!!
    I'm with you—my memories of Sims 2 are mashed in with 3. I went back sometime in 2017 to brainstorm a Sims 2 --> Sims 3 CAW project, since I'd love to recreate the Sims and neighbourhoods I loved, and I couldn't believe how bad the graphics were. I always liked the cartoony style of the Sims and some objects in 2, but the grass textures were weird and the lack of CASt was hard to ignore. No wonder I used the same floor tile for all my bathrooms in the five years I played that game! I also forgot how strange it was to be on your home lot and not see anything for miles (or, if you set neighbours, have a few houses among a sea of green grass and endless blue sky).

I remember many of the features so fondly, and I will always long for that extra dose of personality (the Grilled Cheese aspiration, anyone?), but apparently my brain replaced the things I didn't like with early versions of Sims 3 instead. I genuinely did not remember how annoying it was to place driveways... but then, I did remember how much I missed the animation of reversing out of that driveway. Ahhhh, the beauty of nostalgia.
    a.k.a. Erin
  • Options
    JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    edited January 2018
    It seemed to be pretty quiet when I came back, but this thread has really exploded in the past couple of weeks! Myself, I've been immersed in gameplay (building and developing a storyline) while waiting for my next Daily Deal to pop up.

And my next Daily Deal popped up tonight: Halter with Beads. Instead of picking it up, I chose to hold onto my SimPoints for content like Mother Russia. I decided I could always try to pick up the single items by participating in challenges. Then sometimes you're surprised by a generous gifter--like @Taw3001, who completely wiped out my Wishlist, including a piece of Premium Content. Thank you, thank you, thank you! <3<3<3

ajaxpost wrote: »
    Hi Joy, @JovialJoy, great to see you here and so good to hear of new Simmers discovering the awesome open world of Sims 3! :)

I agree about the incredible staying power of TS3, I don't play very frequently but, seven/eight years on, I'm still finding new things in the game to keep me engaging and excited about what my Sims can do.

I have played Sims 4 a little but the gameplay really hasn't clicked for me yet, though some of the individual features are pretty darned impressive (e.g. toddlers!). Maybe it's because I haven't found a TS4 community as fabulous and encouraging as the one we have here? :)

Thank you, @ajaxpost! It's good to be back. However, I can only play and interact in the community intermittently. And, yes, the latter has added a richness to the game that I wouldn't have otherwise experienced. Though I've only "participated" in a few of them, I just love the challenges. (I don't know if it could officially be considered participation since I've never even submitted an entry!) They really put me outside of my comfort zone and encourage me to try things I wouldn't have otherwise.

Wouldn't you know that I'm still tweaking my Den of Iniquity! And although my build feels too massive, I've had so much fun with the elements that your challenge inspired. To foster that speakeasy vibe, I created all of these secret doorways and staircases. So fun! :smiley:

Eventually, I'd like to host my own challenge... :mrgreen:
    Post edited by JovialJoy on
    My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
  • Options
    rnrameyrnramey Posts: 3,124 Member
    Current Deal

775 ) Hogan’s Deep-Fried Diner Starter Kit / 330 / 600 / 45% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 521, # 483)

Upcoming Deals

776 ) Hogan's Hat / 58 / 100 / 42% / 2 hours
    Part of: Rebel Just Because; I Heart The 50's

777 ) Bayside Laundry / 195 / 299 / 35% / 2 hours
    Part of: Loads of Laundry
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 539)

778 ) Everyday - Cool Summer Nights / 420 / 1386 / 70% / 2 hours
    Part of: July 2011 Compilation Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 76, # 847)

779 ) Barbeque Grill Chest / 26 / 81 / 68% / 2 hours
    Part of: Nautical Living
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 223)

780 ) Hewnsman Outdoor Set / 248 / 495 / 50% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Hewnsman Set
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 463, # 309, but less than # 679)

781 ) SCORE Television / 42 / 99 / 58% / 2 hours
    Part of: It’s Game Time!; Man Cave Compilation

782 ) Estate Fence / 13 / 17 / 24% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Regal Living Set

783 ) Rebel Just Because / 480 / 800 / 40% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 874, # 269)

784 ) Live, Laugh, Love / 728 / 1953 / 63% / 2 hours
    Part of: March 2013 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This one of two deals with the least expensive price for this item (Same as # 345 but less than # 561)

785 ) The Sims Classic- Not Really Antlers Display / 7 / 25 / 72% / 2 hours
    Part of: The Sims Classic- Welcome Back to Three Lakes Set; Killer Classics; January 2012 Compilation; The Gentlemen's Lounge Collection

786 ) Oktoberfest Celebration / 230 / 480 / 52% / 2 hours
    Not part of any set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 175)

787 ) Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Classy Clean Dishwasher / 25 / 81 / 69% / 2 hours
    Part of: Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 9)

Call me Regina. My Page Proud member of the "Own the store" club! :D

• Options
    Taw3001Taw3001 Posts: 344 Member
    edited January 2018
    @JovialJoy You are welcome.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Ooh summer nights is coming up! *sets alarm furiously*
  • Options
    @MidnightAura I notice your store wishlist in your signature block and that is one of the simmers I gifted back on 1/18/2018. I don't know if you got notified on those or not.

The other two are @Envyfan and @Torchgirl42 just in case you were not notified.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I just want to say a big, massive thank you to @Taw3001 for all my gifts, that was so generous of you and I am very touched. I do apologise as my account doesn't like to tell me when I have gifts so it can mean that I look like I ignore people when I don't.

Thanks again, you are a star!

But anyhow *slips back out the door quietly and promises not to disturb the peace again*

@Taw3001 I got it thank you very much! I'm so happy. I think my original thank you got lost in the crowd:)
  • Options
    EnvyfanEnvyfan Posts: 142 Member
    @Taw3001 I did see that you gifted them and i had said thank you in the gifting directory thread because i didn't know where to say it.
    but, Thank you so much!! I was so happy!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    @MidnightAura and @Envya you are welcome. As I had not received any notifications, I was not sure and wanted to make sure that you got them.
  • Options
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    Though ... if I was being pernickety, the 'All' box would be linked to the state of all items so that if there is a mix of checked and unchecked items it would show either as unselected or a third 'partial' state. Y'know just to be awkward. :wink:
    @ajaxpost – Hey Adrian, I wanted you to know that I took your feedback seriously and I've given this another go... and I absolutely cannot get it to work at this stage. The closest I've gotten is adding code to each individual item (which is more effort than I'd like, if I were to do the entire document!), so that when any item is checked on its own they force the Check All button to change to a square to indicate partial ownership. Of course, that seems to get the Check All button stuck permanently as a square, which isn't a great result, and causes other issues with the boxes not turning off/on again properly on alternating clicks.

In other words, I really really appreciate your thoughts and I agree with you, but this won't be happening until a miracle happens or I genuinely learn JavaScript. Sorry! I'd love to be able to do this, both to be able to offer this feature and to actually just know what I'm doing, but alas now is not my time.
    a.k.a. Erin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top