May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Junior will have a reason to visit...to have someone do his laundry for him. Unless....
    ...his girlfriend does it for him.
    Wait....what?? Junior has a girlfriend?
    Coming soon to a Simself Legacy near you! :grimace:

How is @friendsfan367 going to sleep now?? :D

jes already put a anti sleeping curse on me. do not well.
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,819 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @simscognito @0:27 of the video in the 4 video clips collage you see on the bottom right-hand side a toddler playing with a washtub. In the next set of video clips (@0:28) the 8 videos clips the top 3rd one has a woman actually hand washing clothes in the washtub. @0:32 there's a video clip of a man hand washing a cucumber in the washtub.

OMG this is Such a cool trailer!!!! And those bathtubs are cute!

they're called washtubs, not bathtubs, because you don't bath in them..

Yes I meant washtubs! I think my brain flew away with the trailer! :D

I'll probably wait and see how Laundry is created. I want to know if it's only created when you have a washtub or machine in the house. I'd love for that to be the truth or my sims would have sooo much laundry!!!

I'm not sure if they've said to be honest. I assume that it'll be similar to S3 where it's only there if you have those items on the lot.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,254 Member
    Junior will have a reason to visit...to have someone do his laundry for him. Unless....
    ...his girlfriend does it for him.
    Wait....what?? Junior has a girlfriend?
    Coming soon to a Simself Legacy near you! :grimace:

How is @friendsfan367 going to sleep now?? :D

Ha ha ha ha ha!!! :grimace:
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    @Bugsie2016 yes, I remember in the sims 3 that happening. I'd always find stacks of laundry everywhere! :D
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    @simscognito @0:27 of the video in the 4 video clips collage you see on the bottom right-hand side a toddler playing with a washtub. In the next set of video clips (@0:28) the 8 videos clips the top 3rd one has a woman actually hand washing clothes in the washtub. @0:32 there's a video clip of a man hand washing a cucumber in the washtub.

I'll probably wait and see how Laundry is created. I want to know if it's only created when you have a washtub or machine in the house. I'd love for that to be the truth or my sims would have sooo much laundry!!!

I'm not sure if they've said to be honest. I assume that it'll be similar to S3 where it's only there if you have those items on the lot.

I hope so!! It would be a pain to do laundry when I don't want to. (If i'm honest I don't even do my own irl. I'm probably banned after my fails at working appliances! :lol: )
  • Options

@lovesstorms oh right. I must have had a secret laundry basket somewhere in my sims 3 households. I wouldn't put it past me. :D
  • Options

I hope so!! It would be a pain to do laundry when I don't want to. (If i'm honest I don't even do my own irl. I'm probably banned after my fails at working appliances! :lol: )

Yeah, plus if your sim can't afford the items, then what? Oh, well, it's possible that's what the washtubs are for...the super poor sims who have laundry surrounding them. :D

Also, @everyone - there is a live stream for Laundry Day on 1/12/18 @ 12:30 PST.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options

@lovesstorms oh right. I must have had a secret laundry basket somewhere in my sims 3 households. I wouldn't put it past me. :D

Yes! Like maybe you mistook a laundry hamper to be a trash can. :D:D:D
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options

Yeah, plus if your sim can't afford the items, then what? Oh, well, it's possible that's what the washtubs are for...the super poor sims who have laundry surrounding them. :D

Also, @everyone - there is a live stream for Laundry Day on 1/12/18 @ 12:30 PST.

Or a certain family of apocalypse sims of mine! (If laundry works like sims 3 i'll stick it on my list of stuck packs to buy!)
  • Options

Or a certain family of apocalypse sims of mine! (If laundry works like sims 3 i'll stick it on my list of stuck packs to buy!)

@Bugsie2016 I was just thinking that! :D
  • Options

Poor Max so much Laundry with a babba! (If you thought Ro would be doing it....you were very wrong!)
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,774 Member
    washtubs->historical challenge, rags-to-riches challenge, stay-at-home parent, or in my case "Cinderella" characters (well not just washtubs but in move fancy places-like the Grants, the Palaces (um..which would you think the Enrichment castle would have-washtub or washing machine? I guess if they're evil..I'm going to assume washtub) the washing machines-unless I guess the washtubs as punishments of sorts-I mean for the Cinderella characters.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

Poor Max so much Laundry with a babba! (If you thought Ro would be doing it....you were very wrong!)

No Max looks more like the laundry person! Ro's too busy writing in her journal! ... ok, no she's not, she's also busy being the heir and surviving the apocalypse and doing action packed things! And did I mention surviving? :D
  • Options
    @simscognito I think Junior's girflriend in @LegacySims2017's story might be
    my simself
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    washtubs->historical challenge, rags-to-riches challenge, stay-at-home parent, or in my case "Cinderella" characters (well not just washtubs but in move fancy places-like the Grants, the Palaces (um..which would you think the Enrichment castle would have-washtub or washing machine? I guess if they're evil..I'm going to assume washtub) the washing machines-unless I guess the washtubs as punishments of sorts-I mean for the Cinderella characters.

@MadameLee oh yes, I can imagine Snow White using a washtub too.
  • Options
    my simself
    :grimace:
  • Options
    edited January 2018

@MadameLee oh yes, I can imagine Snow White using a washtub too.

@simscognito I was talking about Molly/Carly/America/Selene in the Swanson legacy
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    my simself
    :grimace:

Ooh! Now I can't sleep! This is going to be a very fun chapter! :D

@MadameLee oh right, silly me. :D Don't you have a Snow White character in the Swanson legacy? I thought you did, anyway, I didn't know Carly was in the Cinderella section. I suppose it makes sense, since she was abused like Cinderella, although not in exactly the same way.
  • Options

Ooh! Now I can't sleep! This is going to be a very fun chapter! :D ....

Because Junior is a spare, there won't be much details about it. The focus is Jubilee, but Hope and Junior will still make small appearances.

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

Because Junior is a spare, there won't be much details about it. The focus is Jubilee, but Hope and Junior will still make small appearances.

or you could go rotational. that way everyones happy.
  • Options

Focus needs to be the "challenge". Especially since i am doing a chapter equals a day in their sim life.

This isn't a spoiler so can publicize it without tags.... Jubilee's big happy family aspiration is half done. Next few chapters deal a lot with Angel and Noelle to move along her aspiration even further.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Focus needs to be the "challenge". Especially since i am doing a chapter equals a day in their sim life.

This isn't a spoiler so can publicize it without tags.... Jubilee's big happy family aspiration is half done. Next few chapters deal a lot with Angel and Noelle to move along her aspiration even further.

Meant to say her aspiration is almost half done.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    @simscognito No I don't have any snow white characters- they're more Cinderella-like characters (Molly/Carly/America/Selene-espically the last one which has the most Cinderellay plotline with ball and everything.

Question Do you guys gets inspired to included or reference songs/books/movies that you listened to/read/watched in your SimLit?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    @simscognito No I don't have any snow white characters- they're more Cinderella-like characters (Molly/Carly/America/Selene-espically the last one which has the most Cinderellay plotline with ball and everything.

Question Do you guys gets inspired to included or reference songs/books/movies that you listened to/read/watched in your SimLit?

While I get inspired by things I generally don't reference them directly in my writing. I prefer to keep my stories somewhat separated from the real world.
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member

Have you considered doing a mini spinoff to give fans a larger view of the spares lives? Actually that could be a cute thing to do at the very end...The Untold Stories of Simself Spares! Sounds a bit series of unfortunate events though...

Music is a huge inspiration to me! Like you, I use song lyrics in some of my chapters of Pine Point because...
    The main character Miranda uses music lyrics as a way to keep herself tied to reality while she is isolated

Otherwise, I've referenced a few songs in other stories' chapters either here on the forums or in the title of the chapter.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top