Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Leaked!] The Sims 4: Jungle Adventures GP Speculation

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2018
    Wait, what? I played TS2 for years, and not once did I encounter an unnatural death unless I deliberately provoked it. The only thing that was difficult was bringing dead sims back, if I remember correctly there was only one way of doing so without cheats, which involved getting to a certain level of a certain career with a certain degree, and even then it was rather expensive. Nowadays we have ambrosia, the book of life, the wishing well and Neptune knows what else, and even without any of those, dead sims still stick around as ghosts that can be controlled if they join the household.

So I really don't see a problem with sims dying, in fact I wish it became more common, because I have a garden full of everything you might need to make ambrosia, as well as an entire library of books of life in my current save that are completely useless at the moment. :/

I wish I could say that. My mind will never forget the first time my sim died by a satellite falling from the sky. The murphy bed also caught me unguarded once. Elevators terrified me.

In Sims 2 Food poisoning was a death that drove me crazy - especially at Uni. On top of it their ghost would totally reenact the dying of the food poisoning over and over. Sort of creeped me out and definitely could creep out the other kids in the dorms when one of their friends died from it. I either let them fail a semester to get well and rest or they died. These were always born in game sims I had played them their whole lives so it was almost as bad as losing someone you knew in real life. I was constantly running a sim to the cafeteria to get rid of bad food to keep that from happening as the cook was bad about doing that.

I was sort of happy in Sims 3 when spoiled food didn't seem to poison sims like it did in Sims 2. I suppose if players just play one or two sims they could have controlled that better - but I always played 8 neighborhood born in game friends at a time that grew up together in Sims 2. Sometimes it was hard keeping up with all of them so this seemed to happen to my sims a lot.

I am one who is not a fan of what I call ridiculous deaths in any of the Sims games. I do believe there should be chances of death in dangerous situations - like with dare devil types, or troublemakers that do things like have lots of fights or get themselves in dangerous situations. I can even see mean and angry hot-headed sim maybe dying of a stroke or something for blowing up at others all the time. Those are actually useful life lessons for players to not behave badly - it could kill you. But having a sim die from laughing - is just plain ridiculous. I don't like the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 ways to die. Unexpected like cooking before you know how or playing with fire - or fire works - yeah I could see those - just like fixing electrical appliances and having no handy skill - those make sense. I don't want any of the none funny = 🐸🐸🐸🐸 deaths.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    edited January 2018
    The meaning of our whole existence is heavily influenced by death (and our consciousness about it, in the human case), so I think it's normal missing it in a sim game.

Adventure leads to adrenaline, there would be none without death or at least some pain, that makes me believe they'll implement more dangerous stuff in this game pack.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It just occurred to me that, when we get seasons, the jungle can become a rain forest.
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Please get back on topic before the Forum Police close this thread. (Removed ALL CAPS)
    Also known as moderators :D
    giphy.gif
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

• Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    We need another vacation spot other then Granite Falls. A beach distention would be radical but I really want a snow themed ski resort. We need seasons to really make the destinations realistic. I keep thinking about The Sims 1 and the vacation lots it had. It was alot of fun putting my sims up in hotels and watching them build snowmen.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    We need another vacation spot other then Granite Falls. A beach distention would be radical but I really want a snow themed ski resort. We need seasons to really make the destinations realistic. I keep thinking about The Sims 1 and the vacation lots it had. It was alot of fun putting my sims up in hotels and watching them build snowmen.

A ski resort would be awesome.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2018
    Is it true by the way sims don’t die from fires anymore? Or was that just a glitch?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    In my opinion, I think it will be more of a jungle pack. I don't think the teaser screams beach at all. Their attire and the scenery focuses more on exploration than hidden temple by the beach. I think the skeleton could be a curse or side effect from a drink or action. If not, then its an NPC found in the temple or a new death for archaeologists :no_mouth:

Maybe I just have Lara Croft and other games on my mind (see pictures):
    fc18cae4f56e339e1f1c0e4ffef2447f.jpglara-croft-tomb-raider-anniversary-20071029010106323-000.jpg1910c9dfae736016e21d5c9db0aa980a.jpg

It could be like a tropical jungle, but there's no rain in the game so far...
    Maybe we will see water droplets leaking from the ceiling and falling into a small puddle or lake inside of the temple or something.
    :)

Ooooo, I would LOVE for this to be real! The concept art seems more like a witch/magic pack though! There's a magic ball for fortune telling, a witch broom, voodoo figures, etc. I can't wait!! :D I hope they make it.
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    The GP reminds me of some concept art from ages ago.

Really curious about this one!

fxywc8.jpg

Ayy It's Mell ♥

• Options
    EA_Lanna wrote: »
    Please get back on topic before the Forum Police close this thread. (Removed ALL CAPS)
    giphy.gif

Hello @EA_Lanna
  • Options
    ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    I forgot to mention what I think will be included in the pack lol
    I guess tools for exploring or excavating, souvenirs (cursed skulls, random artifacts found while exploring, maybe pottery), new career like archaeologist or adventurer, maybe new items to craft or new seeds to plant. Maybe there will be an adventurer trait/aspiration. A new skill like pottery or travel would be cool. The travel skill could be increased by going on vacation, doing certain actions, writing down observations or experiences, and learning new hand gestures or sayings (like how it was in sims 2) when they visit vacation worlds.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• Options
    ayyitsmell wrote: »
    I forgot to mention what I think will be included in the pack lol
    I guess tools for exploring or excavating, souvenirs (cursed skulls, random artifacts found while exploring, maybe pottery), new career like archaeologist or adventurer, maybe new items to craft or new seeds to plant. Maybe there will be an adventurer trait/aspiration. A new skill like pottery or travel would be cool. The travel skill could be increased by going on vacation, doing certain actions, writing down observations or experiences, and learning new hand gestures or sayings (like how it was in sims 2) when they visit vacation worlds.

All that sounds good to me, Let's hope you're right.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    giphy.gif
    @EA_Lanna Lanna help!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    @EA_Lanna Lanna help!

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you're asking for help with @12JEREMIA ^^; I'd strongly advise you (and anyone really) to send in a report as it's not appropriate to do so in a thread :) We don't want to derail the thread.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

• Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    giphy.gif
    @EA_Lanna Lanna help!

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you're asking for help with @12JEREMIA ^^; I'd strongly advise you (and anyone really) to send in a report as it's not appropriate to do so in a thread :) We don't want to derail the thread.
    Well the truth is Lanna, after the quarter teaser where we see a female sim, a male sim, and a skeleton in the trailer. And we all talk about landscapes between beaches and jungles, where all tombs have! Sorry for instructing you like that Lanna!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    giphy.gif
    @EA_Lanna Lanna help!

Well the truth is Lanna, after the quarter teaser where we see a female sim, a male sim, and a skeleton in the trailer. And we all talk about landscapes between beaches and jungles, where all tombs have! Sorry for instructing you like that Lanna!

That's ok @12JEREMIA :smile: There's no need to be sorry at all. If I'm being honest I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to communicate to me here.
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

• Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Is it true by the way sims don’t die from fires anymore? Or was that just a glitch?

Maybe a glitch... my child sim's experiment table thing kept catching on fire and then he eventually died in one.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    giphy.gif
    @EA_Lanna Lanna help!

If you're asking @EA_Lanna to answer questions like, is there a beach? or is there ocean swimming? or are skeletons a new life state? she can't. Even if she knew the answers (and she might know very little), she's not allowed to tell us. They will show us with future trailers and screen shots and posts with clues when the time comes. But the Laundry Day pack is probably first anyway.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2018
    If you have the sprinkler system and a smoke alarm over things that catch fire - like the chemistry table - it is virtually impossible for the fire to kill any sims. That sprinkler kicks on immediately the minute the smoke detector in that room goes out and immediately kills the fire. Shoot I don't even get any blackened areas or have to replace anything - like ever.

Only very few fires even start - and they are always from unskilled sims when they do. That's why a fire department is not necessary at all. There is only issues when people do not get the sprinkler system and put a smoke alarm in each room that has a fire potential object. LOL. I have smoke alarms over fireplaces, stoves, the work table, chemistry set, dj table, etc. Also so far I have only had 1 fire start up the second time my sim cooked something and that quickly went out with the sprinkler - then she grossed me out by finishing cooking that water drenched egg and toast breakfast - and ate it.

It's not a glitch to have no more fires - the dev designed the game like this (the sprinkler system works better and quicker than any fireman if you use it right) and why we won't get fire departments - they aren't needed. If a sim catches fire - you do need to have showers nearby and you have to make them go to the shower and put themselves out. I have not lost any sims in Sims 4 to fire.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    hepe1977hepe1977 Posts: 34 Member
    I just really hope that it's actually going to some sort of a vacation spot. And jungle theme with some ruins sounds at least interesting. I am hoping some adventures or activities. I would love to have a new character traits as well. One can only hope. :)
  • Options
    sigildaggersigildagger Posts: 42 Member
    > @hepe1977 said:
    > I just really hope that it's actually going to some sort of a vacation spot. And jungle theme with some ruins sounds at least interesting. I am hoping some adventures or activities. I would love to have a new character traits as well. One can only hope. :)

Seconded. Also seriously loved adventuring in TS3.
    Sigil's Sims 4 Adventures
    sigildagger.blogspot.fi.png
    Gallery ID: sigildagger
    #empty #unfurnished #starter houses with #noMOO and #noCC
  • Options
    HaskorentaroHaskorentaro Posts: 250 Member
    Another everyday life pack...guess I'm gonna skip 2018 like 2017(after vampire pack)
    tumblr_n5aovvMXfM1rwvdy0o1_500.gif
  • Options
    AmeliaNovaAmeliaNova Posts: 76 Member
    I just made a discussion thread for talking about death and danger if anyone wants to bring those things up there, so we don't have to crowd this one!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Hope it brings back picnic baskets. They'll come in handy in tombs.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited January 2018

Having a picnic doesn't really sound something you would do when in the middle of exploring some ancient tomb. Or even in the middle of a jungle exploration.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

Having a picnic doesn't really sound something you would do when in the middle of exploring some ancient tomb. Or even in the middle of a jungle exploration.

You're stuck in a tomb for hours and you need food.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top