Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Leaked!] The Sims 4: Jungle Adventures GP Speculation

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2018
    michelei wrote: »
    I am cautiously optimistic about this Game Pack. I do hope it does not have a beach or beach like activities until they fix the non swimmable oceans. I want a beach vacation destination badly but only if done correctly. I want all the ocean activities that come with a beach vacation including the water activities.

Oceans in current worlds can't be updated. To get swimmable oceans they ll need to be added to new worlds due to the limitations of the game engine.

I was just thinking - what they could do is make a sort of Lagoon with a natural pool on the jungle edge seeing they already have natural pools in the game. Technically beach Lagoons are part of an ocean so they are salt water but big ocean like waves and such do not enter Lagoons very often as they are generally blocked from the main ocean by natural rock formation that form the Lagoon. There would be no threat to sims from wild life because it is salt water and it would have a beach as lagoons do. Just a thought anyway - and does not mean the devs would do this - it just means they could without having to make new swimmable water terrain seeing they already have this in the game.

Maybe something like this:

https://makanacharters.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/poipu_kids_area.jpg

Keep in mind these are just ideas and I have no idea at all about the coming gp. It's just how it could be done IF they had swimming in a jungle pack and not have to have a new terrain for swimming.

I really love these 2:

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/jungle-landscape-wonderful-blue-lagoon-thailand-flowing-turquoise-water-cascade-waterfall-deep-tropical-rain-forest-70512079.jpg

https://d2gg9evh47fn9z.cloudfront.net/800px_COLOURBOX3979764.jpg
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Terra wrote: »
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Hey everybody! After Laundry Day Stuff don't have a radio station, I'm about to ask if Adventure/Vacation-themed game pack will have a radio station, as long as I've been waiting for hip hop and R&B to come back!

If it really is a world inspired by Latin America, let's get the Latin station back, pleeeeease....

Oh no, please don't! hahaha It's so strange to have the music of a whole continent pasteurized in one radio, I hope they pick only one genre to venture through it with more depth.

Well yeah, in my perfect world we'd have Andean folk, salsa, tango, bossa nova, bolero, and mariachi, to name a few, but my point was that there's no Latin American genres in the game right now, so I'd like at least one station. ;)
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    In my new adventure world, I plan on making a natural pool on one lot that is dark and murky like quicksand. I'll send all my unwanted sims there to die, alone in the jungle.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,463 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    In my new adventure world, I plan on making a natural pool on one lot that is dark and murky like quicksand. I'll send all my unwanted sims there to die, alone in the jungle.

Please share that lot on the gallery for me if you do it! I'm a terrible landscaper/builder, haha. I pretty much build my entire towns with other people's awesome lots.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Please share that lot on the gallery for me if you do it! I'm a terrible landscaper/builder, haha. I pretty much build my entire towns with other people's awesome lots.

No problem.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    One of the gaming sites is reporting it as an "adventure pack" and the devs aren't denying it

The gurus can't talk about upcoming content.

That means they can't confirm or deny anything we speculate about, until the marketing department says they can.

here's the confirmation its an adventure pack by one of the gurus

When you share something on Twitter, it generates a tweet for you using the article's exact title.

SimGuruJessica didn't actually type that tweet herself. She just shared it.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Jerrello wrote: »

Controversial how? You are joking right..

There was a huge stink kicked up by the fanbase at the time, as the gameplay was considered un-Sims like.
    It also wasn't as financially successful as they hoped, which is why future EPs tended to play it safe.

Is that wishful thinking as according to the rating chart it was #7 on the charts of the top selling games of 2009 - oh and on that same chart the #1 top selling game of 2009 was the Sims 3 Base game. So it obviously sold quite well to come in 7th place out of all the games sold in 2009.

PC charts, yes. But not all games.
    World Adventures fell off the chart in 2010 though, while a lot of the other EP’s stayed on for multiple years.

There’s a chance it had a good start, but didn’t sell long term.

SimGuruGraham also confirmed it wasn’t a popular EP, even though he would love a variant in The Sims 4.
  • Options
    @BlueR0se wrote: »
    Didn't Graham (or another guru, but I think it was Graham) say that he was excited to be able to do something he didn't think they were going to be able to do, and got the okay for it??? Probably the timing of the statement is off, but I wouldn't be surprised if this pack is what he meant by it.

Either way, I'm very excited at the possibility of a WA-esque pack. Even if watered down compared to Sims 3, GP team always does a good job and I'm sure they can work out something on another angle.

That was about a Community Voted Pack, which he got with Laundry Day Stuff :)
  • Options
    a_niles06 wrote: »

There was a huge stink kicked up by the fanbase at the time, as the gameplay was considered un-Sims like.
    It also wasn't as financially successful as they hoped, which is why future EPs tended to play it safe.

I also seem to remember there was a MASSIVE issue with launch that people had trouble installing the game, getting it to work, etc. If my memory serves correctly, wasn't there some sort of issue with the region codes or something?? Like people couldn't install it because of some error with the region code or something along that line? I just remember that the launch seemed to be plagued with issues - which isn't necessarily unexpected with a first pack but it was a little over the top if I remember correctly. I think it really set people off and caused some negative views of the pack before it even had a chance.

There was also an issue where the game wouldn’t even work because it would use more than 2GB of Ram even though the game only had access to 2GB. They had to change it so the game had access to 4GB.

Mac users to this day though, still have access to 2GB only even though the game quite often needs more than 2GB.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Adventure Time Game Pack?
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Jungle Adventure (game pack would not be part of the title but the description)
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2018
    jackjack_k wrote: »

Is that wishful thinking as according to the rating chart it was #7 on the charts of the top selling games of 2009 - oh and on that same chart the #1 top selling game of 2009 was the Sims 3 Base game. So it obviously sold quite well to come in 7th place out of all the games sold in 2009.

PC charts, yes. But not all games.
    World Adventures fell off the chart in 2010 though, while a lot of the other EP’s stayed on for multiple years.

There’s a chance it had a good start, but didn’t sell long term.

SimGuruGraham also confirmed it wasn’t a popular EP, even though he would love a variant in The Sims 4.
    Let’s ask him.

“Hi mr. Nardone, glad you could make time for us. Was WA a popular EP?”
    “It was praised by reviewers, and its sales performed very well.”
    “Thank you for your time an have a nice day.”
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    SultanCanAliSultanCanAli Posts: 113 Member
    I think they will have a skeleton supernatural ?obviously some south American inca/aztec/mayan
    Theme Im really exited,it could be a pack with a supernatural and tomb like items without a world
  • Options
    I think they will have a skeleton supernatural ?obviously some south American inca/aztec/mayan
    Theme Im really exited,it could be a pack with a supernatural and tomb like items without a world

Why wouldn't there be a world? Where would you use the stuff?
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I can't see a skeleton as a new supernatural. Is it really interesting enough, what game play would it bring? But maybe it's something sims turn into temporarily if they have a curse cast upon them or something.

I definitely think there'll be a new world, a vacation one about the size of Granite Falls. I'm curious about what kind of accommodation sims can get there. I wish for hotels eventually, but I don't think we'll get them here.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited January 2018
    I'd say- a vacation world with the option to go and explore jungle/tomb. Similar to world adventures, but just 1 5 lot world.

What if the tombs/ruins are outside the lots in public space? Then we could have tombs AND new lots for houses to stay in and rest after exploring. Just a thought.

Or you'd have the 5 lots for lodging/amenities, then a separate lot for the tombs (like in Granite Falls); utilizing the 2 "basement" levels as well as the 4 aboveground levels you could have a pretty complex structure. Especially now with the max lot sized upped from 50x50 to 64x64.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I think it would pretty much have to have its own world, even if it's only the size of Granite Falls (5 lots for living/amenities, then the tomb lot similar to the National Park lot in GF) just to get the proper atmosphere. A jungle lot in the middle of Willow Creek or Oasis Springs would look quite strange, and how many players would have a lot the proper size open?

Not sure if the skeletons will be playable or just there for atmosphere, or maybe if you interact with them and become friends you can maybe bring back Bonehilda into your game.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    AspenSimsAspenSims Posts: 603 Member
    edited January 2018
    ORRRRR what if it's all about curses and tribes and cool voodoo stuff? :P that would be cool! Like an ancient place you can adventure in but with a heavy emphasis on the supernatural
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I'd say- a vacation world with the option to go and explore jungle/tomb. Similar to world adventures, but just 1 5 lot world.

What if the tombs/ruins are outside the lots in public space? Then we could have tombs AND new lots for houses to stay in and rest after exploring. Just a thought.

Or you'd have the 5 lots for lodging/amenities, then a separate lot for the tombs (like in Granite Falls); utilizing the 2 "basement" levels as well as the 4 aboveground levels you could have a pretty complex structure. Especially now with the max lot sized upped from 50x50 to 64x64.

That's also a possibility :) But who knows, maybe we get no new world at all and instead the adventures take place on several "hidden lots" like the active career lots from Get to Work.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Of course there will be a new vacation/adventure world. It's silly to think otherwise.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited January 2018
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    The GP reminds me of some concept art from ages ago.

Really curious about this one!

fxywc8.jpg

Everyime i see that concept art it reminds me of the princess and the frog "i got friends on the other side" :smiley:
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Aztec is usually associated with the jungle isnt it? Could be inca or mayan which again is jungle. Guess it could be q small island world with q couple of lots like Gfalls as.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited January 2018
    As long as we'd get 'actual' hidden doors that one has to discover first before being able to open (not the lazy basegame bookshelf doors!) and some traps to kill unwanted Sims I'd be fine with whatever comes :)
    a256aFi.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top