The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Karilan wrote: »
    I've realised my characters are a lot like me. I use my nickname more my full name to the point I mostly refuse to respond to it. My parents hardly ever call me by my actual name which is a longer version of my nickname. :D My characters all have their own nicknames (Well except Claude cause I couldn't think of one :D ).

Oh cool, that's a pleasant surprise since your characters are awesome. I think it's something that a lot of writers come across, discovering they have things in common with their characters. :) I was going to further say something deep about it, but my brain's not switched on yet. XD
    I hadn't noticed they all had nicknames. I'll go back and have a look.

I don't think I've had many nicknames until generation 3.

While none of my characters (except my simself) are based off of me, I generally pull from my own experiences and insert something familiar to me or familiar to someone I'm close with in almost every character I write.

I have a bit of difficulty writing characters that are MUCH different from myself, the worst being male characters.

Does anyone have any input or suggestions for writing the opposite gender, or male characters specifically?

I actually feel really comfortable writing males despite being female. It's strange but writing either is actually not too bad for me because I learn as I write. Plus Claude's just Claude if I'm honest.

For advice, I get to know the character as a person. I don't see it as writing a male half the time because I look past that and write who he is aka the best Hot-headed geeky bookworm. :D

you are not allowd to change avis again until tomorrow evening when i type these 2 words. i'm back.

i just don't want to be confused again you had 2 or3 maybe 4 avis in lesss than a week.lol

but i still love that you got my mod to work.

i just notice you and i type huh or im confused a lot .

you can start mass avis again on monday thats when i'll be here all day. :)

Bugsie changes allllllll the time! I don't think I've changed my avvie once since I made it. I really should. I feel boring.

I change it way too much. :D I'm going to stick with Baby Harry for a while.

Your new avi's so cute, so I'd be up for that. :)

see what happpens when you don't change it every 10 minutes. lol okay its a little more than than 10 minutes. people notice and compliment. because baby harry is cute.

Actually I changed it on last Monday(before that it was a week) and then yesterday. A lot more than 10 minutes. :D
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    All this talk of avatars made me decide to change mine as well since I've been using Rylie for a while :)

auroa a girl. sorry couldn't stop myself. in the time we knew each other this is the one time i picked on you.
  • Options
    I've realised my characters are a lot like me. I use my nickname more my full name to the point I mostly refuse to respond to it. My parents hardly ever call me by my actual name which is a longer version of my nickname. :D My characters all have their own nicknames (Well except Claude cause I couldn't think of one :D ).

Oh cool, that's a pleasant surprise since your characters are awesome. I think it's something that a lot of writers come across, discovering they have things in common with their characters. :) I was going to further say something deep about it, but my brain's not switched on yet. XD
    I hadn't noticed they all had nicknames. I'll go back and have a look.

I don't think I've had many nicknames until generation 3.

While none of my characters (except my simself) are based off of me, I generally pull from my own experiences and insert something familiar to me or familiar to someone I'm close with in almost every character I write.

I have a bit of difficulty writing characters that are MUCH different from myself, the worst being male characters.

Does anyone have any input or suggestions for writing the opposite gender, or male characters specifically?

I actually feel really comfortable writing males despite being female. It's strange but writing either is actually not too bad for me because I learn as I write. Plus Claude's just Claude if I'm honest.

For advice, I get to know the character as a person. I don't see it as writing a male half the time because I look past that and write who he is aka the best Hot-headed geeky bookworm. :D

you are not allowd to change avis again until tomorrow evening when i type these 2 words. i'm back.

i just don't want to be confused again you had 2 or3 maybe 4 avis in lesss than a week.lol

but i still love that you got my mod to work.

i just notice you and i type huh or im confused a lot .

you can start mass avis again on monday thats when i'll be here all day. :)

Bugsie changes allllllll the time! I don't think I've changed my avvie once since I made it. I really should. I feel boring.

I change it way too much. :D I'm going to stick with Baby Harry for a while.

Your new avi's so cute, so I'd be up for that. :)

see what happpens when you don't change it every 10 minutes. lol okay its a little more than than 10 minutes. people notice and compliment. because baby harry is cute.

Actually I changed it on last Monday(before that it was a week) and then yesterday. A lot more than 10 minutes. :D

i said it seemed like every 10 minutes not that it was every 10 minutes. lol.
  • Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    The game is annoying me the past few days. Trying to get everybody where I need them for screen shots, but they all have minds of their own. So for now I am stepping back from the game and working on the newest box I got for my On the Hunt story.

I don't know if you're looking for a solution but I use the teleporter mod to do some group shot and of course with autonomy off so they don't do anything without my concern.

I don't use the teleporter. I try to let them do their own thing with only the occasional direction from me. I've been trying to go to the houses I play in the rotation and get pictures of the family setting down at Thanksgiving dinner together to use as an update to all of the families since I switched it over to a Legacy story and focus on one family now. Just a little something to show the other families. My first family it worked great. Second family had the Mom setting there eating. The daughter throwing her plate off the high chair. The dad taking the daughter out of the high chair. Chaos. I took the picture though. Normal antics for my RL family. lol
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    @Bugsie2016 You made me do a thing!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options

LOL :D
  • Options

Couldn't help it. Too in love with baby Dawn not to show her off a bit!

Okay, big day of writing for me because I've slacked off way too much and I hate being behind schedule. :(
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options

Okay, big day of writing for me because I've slacked off way too much and I hate being behind schedule. :(

bad kar. this time you baited me. i really really really want to write and play but i got to this boring adult thing grown ups call work first . :/:/
  • Options

bad kar. this time you baited me. i really really really want to write and play but i got to this boring adult thing grown ups call work first . :/:/

Sowwwwy! I always let my mind wander at work and make story plans.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options

Sowwwwy! I always let my mind wander at work and make story plans.

me too. and because the dishwasher is old and makes a lot of noise they can't tell if i zoned out or i can't hear them. and aydens more fun than dirty dishes.
  • Options
    I've just realised it's probably obvious I like Claude more than his mother. I mean, I spent roughly over 7 hours making his future house (that includes editing). His mother just got an edited version of a house I found on the gallery. :D
  • Options
    I've just realised it's probably obvious I like Claude more than his mother. I mean, I spent roughly over 7 hours making his future house (that includes editing). His mother just got an edited version of a house I found on the gallery. :D

Making houses for heirs is one of my favorite things about my Grace heirs not inheriting the family fortune. Scouting out apartments or building potential homes for them is so fun. I was going to have Colby move to an apartment, but I moved Tricia there instead. And I actually built a house and a park for Cameron, but I didn't think he'd win so I used it for Magnolia!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Making houses for heirs is one of my favorite things about my Grace heirs not inheriting the family fortune. Scouting out apartments or building potential homes for them is so fun. I was going to have Colby move to an apartment, but I moved Tricia there instead. And I actually built a house and a park for Cameron, but I didn't think he'd win so I used it for Magnolia!

Did I mention that it's not even Rye's house? The place fully belongs to Claude (and whoever he ends up with in the end). I haven't started on Rye's house as she's not even a teenager yet.

Here's a bare template of the house :D :
    Bottom Floor
    Zq0icDpl.png
    Top Floor
    wjcUkRFl.png
  • Options

Did I mention that it's not even Rye's house? The place fully belongs to Claude (and whoever he ends up with in the end). I haven't started on Rye's house as she's not even a teenager yet.

Bottom Floor
    Zq0icDpl.png
    Top Floor
    wjcUkRFl.png

the spoiler was funny so i had too awesome.
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member

Bottom Floor
    Zq0icDpl.png
    Top Floor
    wjcUkRFl.png

Wow, I love what you did with the furnature. :D
  • Options

Bottom Floor
    Zq0icDpl.png
    Top Floor
    wjcUkRFl.png

Wow, I love what you did with the furnature. :D

I have the fully furnished version but you can't see it yet. :smirk: I'll post pics once Claude has moved into the house. :)
  • Options

Just realised I put the wrong number. :D I put Thirteen instead of Twelve. I always seem to do that. Getting ahead of myself. :D
  • Options

Just realised I put the wrong number. :D I put Thirteen instead of Twelve. I always seem to do that. Getting ahead of myself. :D

I do that all the time. :D Second I posted a chapter, I even put in the wrong date. XD
  • Options

I do that all the time. :D Second I posted a chapter, I even put in the wrong date. XD

I guess i'm excited for next chapter....
    cause nooboo!!!!
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,790 Member
    edited November 2017
    nvm I'm getting confused with names.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

cause nooboo!!!!
    I just hope the pregnancy goes well. :smiley:
  • Options

cause nooboo!!!!
    I just hope the pregnancy goes well. :smiley:

Probably will :)
    I already wrote the birth so I know exactly how it goes. :wink:
  • Options
    KwgHm6h.png

Everyone comes to visit baby Dawn in chapter 18!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,790 Member
    I really, really want to download Cats&Dogs EP but at the moment its $41.76 at the moment on IG.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    I'm debating about purchasing another TS4 expansion since they are on sale right now for Black Friday weekend. I don't have any other expansions save the newest Cats and Dogs. I'm torn between them all, really... haha! But I was leaning toward City Living or Get to Work. Thoughts? Does anyone have a favorite?

Get Together would probably be helpful for my TS4 stories, but I just can't justify dropping the money right before the holidays for all three... even if they are on sale. :/
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top