Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    even though ayden was married twice i don't think he fell in love til the second time so Christine. he was just born again yesterday. so hes a babybut i might age the triplets tonight so their easier to care for.
  • Options
    oh and i forgot because of ayden needing a best friend rylan is actually 10 days younger than ayden and alana.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    I need a headline of the Royal Wedding of the "Sequel" to Once Upon a Time-A Princess Challenge
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I need a headline of the Royal Wedding of the "Sequel" to Once Upon a Time-A Princess Challenge

they finally got their happily ever after.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited November 2017
    MadameLee wrote: »

they finally got their happily ever after.

Except it's only just beginning and it wouldn't be quite so HEA. That's not much of a headline. Maybe I should go google headlines for Prince William and Katherine's wedding.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    elifdapetonelifdapeton Posts: 217 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    I have a question of my own. So, How do you have a character realise they love another character?

I basically avoided it in WAWRMO by using another character but next time I can't 'cheat' like that again as it wouldn't work.

It depends on what your character consider love. Since people define love at a different rate, if the character thinks that love is about sacrifice, make the other character sacrifice for them, and the character will realize they're in love. Love is complicated, sometimes the character cannot differentiate between love, lust, and affection, and love is complicated enough that it is possible for a character to be confused between so. In conclusion, it mostly depends on the character and what the character think love is.
    peoples%2Blegacy.gif
    Peoples Legacy
    | Legacy Challenge Story. 18+
  • Options
    i aged the triplets, but noel is naked parenting so no update tonight.
  • Options
    Karilan wrote: »
    @aroseinbloom Hi there! Not sure if I've met you before?

@d20 Welcome to the thread, and to simlit! Screenshotting is definitely an art, but it's fun to explore different methods all the time. Lately I've been trying to take pictures from different angles to liven things up.
    Bit random but..
    I'm proud of myself today. I achieved one of my small goals :) It may not be a big thing to others but to me it's huge. :)

Congrats! Always good to achieve something. :)

All caught up! Now I achieved something. :smiley:

@Karilan No! I was on here a very, very long time ago. I actually wrote an entire legacy challenge, but I missed the notice to up my hosting info and lost the whole things. (cries). Anywho....I took a long hiatus from everything, but am trying to slowly get back into it.

I probably won't be terribly active here, but you can always message me!!

Nice to meet you even if you pop in briefly! I wasn't aware of the potential to lose your work, that really plum! I lost my first legacy because I can't remember my web address. Every now and then I search for the family name but haven't found anything. I should probably back up all my chapters into a proper word document haha.
    @aroseinbloom Hi there! Not sure if I've met you before?

@d20 Welcome to the thread, and to simlit! Screenshotting is definitely an art, but it's fun to explore different methods all the time. Lately I've been trying to take pictures from different angles to liven things up.
    Bit random but..
    I'm proud of myself today. I achieved one of my small goals :) It may not be a big thing to others but to me it's huge. :)

Congrats! Always good to achieve something. :)

All caught up! Now I achieved something. :smiley:

@Karilan No! I was on here a very, very long time ago. I actually wrote an entire legacy challenge, but I missed the notice to up my hosting info and lost the whole things. (cries). Anywho....I took a long hiatus from everything, but am trying to slowly get back into it.

I probably won't be terribly active here, but you can always message me!!

she pops in and out now we know she moved but we don't know why she stayed away. lol.

i miss teasing aero aparrently i moved on to kar.

Who are you kidding, you always tease me!

well at least i called you good kar once today.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I've realised my characters are a lot like me. I use my nickname more my full name to the point I mostly refuse to respond to it. My parents hardly ever call me by my actual name which is a longer version of my nickname. :D My characters all have their own nicknames (Well except Claude cause I couldn't think of one :D ).

Oh cool, that's a pleasant surprise since your characters are awesome. I think it's something that a lot of writers come across, discovering they have things in common with their characters. :) I was going to further say something deep about it, but my brain's not switched on yet. XD
    I hadn't noticed they all had nicknames. I'll go back and have a look.

I don't think I've had many nicknames until generation 3.

While none of my characters (except my simself) are based off of me, I generally pull from my own experiences and insert something familiar to me or familiar to someone I'm close with in almost every character I write.

I have a bit of difficulty writing characters that are MUCH different from myself, the worst being male characters.

Does anyone have any input or suggestions for writing the opposite gender, or male characters specifically?

I actually feel really comfortable writing males despite being female. It's strange but writing either is actually not too bad for me because I learn as I write. Plus Claude's just Claude if I'm honest.

For advice, I get to know the character as a person. I don't see it as writing a male half the time because I look past that and write who he is aka the best Hot-headed geeky bookworm. :D

you are not allowd to change avis again until tomorrow evening when i type these 2 words. i'm back.

i just don't want to be confused again you had 2 or3 maybe 4 avis in lesss than a week.lol

but i still love that you got my mod to work.

i just notice you and i type huh or im confused a lot .

you can start mass avis again on monday thats when i'll be here all day. :)
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    I've realised my characters are a lot like me. I use my nickname more my full name to the point I mostly refuse to respond to it. My parents hardly ever call me by my actual name which is a longer version of my nickname. :D My characters all have their own nicknames (Well except Claude cause I couldn't think of one :D ).

Oh cool, that's a pleasant surprise since your characters are awesome. I think it's something that a lot of writers come across, discovering they have things in common with their characters. :) I was going to further say something deep about it, but my brain's not switched on yet. XD

While none of my characters (except my simself) are based off of me, I generally pull from my own experiences and insert something familiar to me or familiar to someone I'm close with in almost every character I write.

I have a bit of difficulty writing characters that are MUCH different from myself, the worst being male characters.

Does anyone have any input or suggestions for writing the opposite gender, or male characters specifically?

I actually feel really comfortable writing males despite being female. It's strange but writing either is actually not too bad for me because I learn as I write. Plus Claude's just Claude if I'm honest.

For advice, I get to know the character as a person. I don't see it as writing a male half the time because I look past that and write who he is aka the best Hot-headed geeky bookworm. :D

you are not allowd to change avis again until tomorrow evening when i type these 2 words. i'm back.

i just don't want to be confused again you had 2 or3 maybe 4 avis in lesss than a week.lol

Bugsie changes allllllll the time! I don't think I've changed my avvie once since I made it. I really should. I feel boring.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member

Bugsie changes allllllll the time! I don't think I've changed my avvie once since I made it. I really should. I feel boring.

I change it way too much. :D I'm going to stick with Baby Harry for a while.
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Being buried in maths' revision for a few weeks gave me an idea for the next instalment of Friends of Foes...ugh.
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member

Your new avi's so cute, so I'd be up for that. :)
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    edited November 2017
    Post edited by ForgottenPixels on
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Hopping on the update train :)

6.43: Slipping
    7ZNi8Lc.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Happy Saturday morning everybody (in the part of the world where I currently reside). Here's the next chapter of my legacy. Some big stuff goes down.

(The size of what goes down may vary)

The Keen Legacy 2.19: Flood
    000_09-17-17_12-54-34c2a0pm.png
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Hi, all! Dropping off an update.

Chapter 6: Meeting the iEugenie Trio
    gdByKIG.jpg
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    The game is annoying me the past few days. Trying to get everybody where I need them for screen shots, but they all have minds of their own. So for now I am stepping back from the game and working on the newest box I got for my On the Hunt story.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    Hi all! A long overdue update for my Build Newcrest series. :)

Build Newcrest 2.15
  • Options
    elifdapetonelifdapeton Posts: 217 Member
    edited November 2017
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    The game is annoying me the past few days. Trying to get everybody where I need them for screen shots, but they all have minds of their own. So for now I am stepping back from the game and working on the newest box I got for my On the Hunt story.

I don't know if you're looking for a solution but I use the teleporter mod to do some group shot and of course with autonomy off so they don't do anything without my concern.
    peoples%2Blegacy.gif
    Peoples Legacy
    | Legacy Challenge Story. 18+
  • Options
    StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    edited November 2017
    And a new update is out for my story as VampNet News Reports on the incident that took place last night in the city of New Barren

Extra Beat 3: VampNet News- Unknown Vampire Foils Hunter Attack

extra-noise-post.jpg
  • Options

your probably just happy i picked on some besides you.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Your new avi's so cute, so I'd be up for that. :)

see what happpens when you don't change it every 10 minutes. lol okay its a little more than than 10 minutes. people notice and compliment. because baby harry is cute.
  • Options
    StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    All this talk of avatars made me decide to change mine as well since I've been using Rylie for a while :)
  • Options

bugsie is going to be more confused i meant monday morning when i type i'm back. i blocked out the part where i work for the next 2 days. :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top