Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    So, interesting question for those of you familiar with Tony Corleonesi
    What type of dog breed would you say he is?

I ask because we (@simscognito and I) are having a discussion on it over in my WAWRMO thread (slow week and theories got crazy involving Tony's son :D ) and I want to know what you all think.

what is WAWRMO? For my story I think Tony would be a Great Dane.

Speaking of GDs.. can someone breed in their game Dalmatian and a GD together and show me the result?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    @MadameLee WAWRMO is my story that involves Tony and my main characters.

Also GD X Dalmation pics (although in CAP not in game as i'm currently in my BB save):
    ci1YYHwl.png
    CKAtlWnl.png
    GMUwCnAl.png
    oFGR9OJl.png
    VEMyy2Il.png
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    @MadameLee that one has similar traits to the dog I imagined him as, which was the Maremmano.
  • Options
    @Bugsie2016 I love the last dog. It kind of has a Tony attitude about it.
  • Options

Also GD X Dalmation pics (although in CAP not in game as i'm currently in my BB save):
    ci1YYHwl.png
    CKAtlWnl.png
    GMUwCnAl.png
    oFGR9OJl.png
    VEMyy2Il.png

thanks!! The 3 picture makes me think of my Aunt Lori's dog which been dead since 2000. Mom thinks he was partly Great Dane due to his size but he mostly looked like a Dalmatian. I don't have any pictures of that dog unfortunately.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

ci1YYHwl.png
    CKAtlWnl.png
    GMUwCnAl.png
    oFGR9OJl.png
    VEMyy2Il.png

thanks!! The 3 picture makes me think of my Aunt Lori's dog which been dead since 2000. Mom thinks he was partly Great Dane due to his size but he mostly looked like a Dalmatian. I don't have any pictures of that dog unfortunately.

its bugsie apcolypse story.
  • Options

ci1YYHwl.png
    CKAtlWnl.png
    GMUwCnAl.png
    oFGR9OJl.png
    VEMyy2Il.png

How do you know I have an apocalypse story? (unless you've looked at the banner in my signature)
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

ci1YYHwl.png
    CKAtlWnl.png
    GMUwCnAl.png
    oFGR9OJl.png
    VEMyy2Il.png

How do you know I have an apocalypse story? (unless you've looked at the banner in my signature)

i read yoiur answer from yesterday when i asked the same thing.

i could have said i'm physic. but i didn't think you would believe that.lol
  • Options

ci1YYHwl.png
    CKAtlWnl.png
    GMUwCnAl.png
    oFGR9OJl.png
    VEMyy2Il.png

@Bugsie2016 what did you think of my explanation on why I wanted to see a GD+Dalmatian mix?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

ci1YYHwl.png
    CKAtlWnl.png
    GMUwCnAl.png
    oFGR9OJl.png
    VEMyy2Il.png

@Bugsie2016 what did you think of my explanation on why I wanted to see a GD+Dalmatian mix?

Erm, I guess....erm, I actually don't know what to think. Maybe that it's good to know he might have been part Great Dane afterall but sad you don't have any pictures.

ci1YYHwl.png
    CKAtlWnl.png
    GMUwCnAl.png
    oFGR9OJl.png
    VEMyy2Il.png

i read yoiur answer from yesterday when i asked the same thing.

i could have said i'm physic. but i didn't think you would believe that.lol

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. :D
  • Options
    I was just doing some testing with a yogurt cup standing in as an ice cream cup using Dad's teabags as weight to see how it might end up on the floor for my story. I just forgot to add spoons to the cup. For my NaNoWriMo story
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    edited November 2017
    I agree with @CathyTea. Definitely a Rott.

@Bugsie2016 You have Tony in a story? I am going to have to read it. I do not have enough Tony in my life since I killed him in my story. (Or since that entire Malcome and arson incident.)
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    I agree with @CathyTea. Definitely a Rott.

@Bugsie2016 You have Tony in a story? I am going to have to read it. I do not have enough Tony in my life since I killed him in my story. (Or since that entire Malcome and arson incident.)

@Skcaga6 Don't get your hopes up. He's only in one chapter so far, his children make..quite the impression (well his daughter does :D ).
  • Options
    So I might be making a cake *or* cookies for my friend's P's mom (I would prefer making a cake since I have at least some experience doing that and my hands wouldn't get so messy).
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Meatball is a Rottweiler because @Maladi777 gave him one.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    So what do you think you're sim story characters' dogs (or cat) breeds might be if they're a dog or cat?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    InfraGreen wrote: »

Oh my goodness, she's actually rather cute - I didn't think that was possible, but there you go. You learn something everyday. :D
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    @Bugsie2016

I totally imagine him as a rottweiler:

Rottweiler-Puppy-Information-Training-2.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

A-Rottweiler-sitting-down-with-his-tongue-out.jpg

Good guess! @Maladi777 gave him a dog in one of her saves, and I think she's a Rottweiler.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Jes2G wrote: »
    CathyTea wrote: »
    @Bugsie2016

I totally imagine him as a rottweiler:

Rottweiler-Puppy-Information-Training-2.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

A-Rottweiler-sitting-down-with-his-tongue-out.jpg

Good guess! @Maladi777 gave him a dog in one of her saves, and I think she's a Rottweiler.

Psychic, or just good type-reader.... YOU be the judge!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »

Whoops lol. Didn't see you said this already.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    So what do you think you're sim story characters' dogs (or cat) breeds might be if they're a dog or cat?

Clarissa-Maybe a Charles Spaniel (Carly as well ) Molly? Hannah I? America-an American C.o.c.k.e.r Spainel Lucy-pit bull? Elizabeth--Husky? Cora? Juliet&Hailey (I might have named that person based on you know? Paul's sister), Melissa and Selene? and my current twins, Jane and HAM-Scottish terrier
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Do I play with Leo and Vince's dog today or do I wait because it will make me super impatient for the weekend?

Clarissa-Maybe a Charles Spaniel (Carly as well ) Molly? Hannah I? America-an American C.o.c.k.e.r Spainel Lucy-pit bull? Elizabeth--Husky? Cora? Juliet&Hailey (I might have named that person based on you know? Paul's sister), Melissa and Selene? and my current twins, Jane and HAM-Scottish terrier

I will think on this.
  • Options
    BTW @Jes2G and @InfraGreen I already knew about the rottweiler. I saw it on tumblr the other day. (Yep I have tumblr but you have to search to find it, or wait for me to link it :D )
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Dropping by another update for TAT:

New chapter for Colt Family Traitacy: Thick As Thieves (TAT)

1.jpg
    If she had hoped to calm her nerves, she picked the wrong beverage. Kass and Howard have a father-daughter chat about their love lives.
    1.68 Advice (TAT)
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member

Another question: Do you prefer to let the reader's find out before the characters (about a detail/secret/ insert anything that could be revealed) or at the same time as the characters?

@Bugsie2016 I tend to reveal little things maybe via picture only, but usually I reveal things with the characters mostly because this gives me wiggle room in case I need to change something. Or I am still figuring out details when I publish. Or I really really like suspense. :D

However, I've seen this kind of thing done well with frame stories. You know the "whodunnit" but you don't know the why until the end of the story. Then it could work in your favor to reveal details earlier to the readers than the characters. I'm trying to think of a good Simlit example of this, and I'm drawing a blank so if anyone knows of one, feel free to help me out. Chaucer's Canterbury Tales are an example of a frame story, or Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. Or the movie Inception is a good example. The trick is to keep the reader guessing and engaged.

@AdamsEve1231 Fortunately, I already know what the detail is and it's a mystery that @simscognito is currently trying to figure out (latest theory was hilarious btw). I'm thinking of either going with one of two plans:
    A wordless skip of time ended with some form of link into discovering (in this case) the identity of said character. (I'm thinking this one right now)

Or I reveal who the identity first then wordless time skip chapter and trying to resolve what happens at the ending.

I'm staying vague because it's an important secret that only I know and it's also been planned since before I published the first chapter back in September.

@Bugsie2016
    I think either one could work. I wish you luck with your writing.

With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top