Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No LGR review copy this time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziFsj4k5Wc0

first impressions from the discords that I'm in are semi-negative, so I would advise caution.

Comments

• Options
    YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    I wonder why they didn't give him an early access for this pack. I mean, IF they watch his youtube channel, they can see that he loves EVERYTHING that is real-life based (aka not aliens, vampires and such) so I mean, if I were EA/maxis, I would absolutely give him a copy because there's like a 99% chance he'd like it a lot and he has a lot of followers...

-Yarden.
  • Options
    FrosFros Posts: 38 Member
    Sorry but Eveything he says about the Sims is bad he called it all meh in one of he videos I can see why he wasn't givin a review copy and I think lgr just didn't like the sims
  • Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Honestly, he admits he doesn't play the Sims (all versions) very much at all anymore. So if he's lost the passion for the Sims, that will come across in his videos (the last time he played The Sims on his channel was Get To Work when it came out).

Before Get To Work, he would have gameplay videos of him playing The Sims all the time.

So why would EA give him an access code, when he doesn't play the game anymore? While they have dedicated players who will promote the product for the next 6 months or so?

He never played these games on his channel "all the time". In fact gameplay videos on his channel are rare in general, because it's a REVIEW channel, not a let's play channel. The most I've seen of him playing The Sims was some special 2 hour videos of The Sims 2.

As to why should EA give him a code? Because a lot of simmers trust him as a reviewer. He is not affiliated or contracted by EA, making him an independent party rather than a paid promoter like most influencers are.

The fact that they did not give him a copy makes me very suspicious about the quality of EP.

The EP is amazing, no idea what you're talking about.
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    No offence but i think that the title is a bit misleading...it says "soon" so maybe he is just working on it. I thouhgt that he's not gonna make a review at all. He has great sense of humor and i love his reviews..they never affect on my buy desicions because i usually buy all EP's on release dates.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    well I'm not really surprised he didn't get one
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Jadeleine wrote: »
    No offence but i think that the title is a bit misleading...it says "soon" so maybe he is just working on it. I thouhgt that he's not gonna make a review at all. He has great sense of humor and i love his reviews..they never affect on my buy desicions because i usually buy all EP's on release dates.

he didn't get a review copy, so he bought the game on release as everyone else. I didn't say that he's not making a review :)
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    This just makes me laugh.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    The word of our lord
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Just to clear things up:
    - LGR isn't that fond of pets expansions to begin with. He says so himself. And judging by his tweets, he's not exactly impressed with C&D.
    - However, not EVERYTHING he says is negative, contrary to popular belief. He's fair, and he does call out bad things, but he does end up liking some things. He liked the toddlers patch, Parenthood, and Vampires (I think). And his reviews are quite entertaining.

We can only speculate as to why he wasn't given a copy. Maybe it is because of his negative reviews. Who knows? Just wait for it to come out. So far I've seen both praises and criticisms for the pack, and opinions from both categories have a lot of good points.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    RubeeSims wrote: »
    Yardenro wrote: »
    I wonder why they didn't give him an early access for this pack. I mean, IF they watch his youtube channel, they can see that he loves EVERYTHING that is real-life based (aka not aliens, vampires and such) so I mean, if I were EA/maxis, I would absolutely give him a copy because there's like a 99% chance he'd like it a lot and he has a lot of followers...

Literally EVERYTHING he says is negative. He picks whatever he can and makes it a huge deal. I'd much rather watch someone like Deligracy who does genuinely love the game and got her subscribers from being passionate about it than someone who just moans and makes everyone feel negative. Or you know, just play it myself.

I dont value his criticisms.

Just because someone has a PLATFORM (which anyone can have on you tube) does not make them someone I want to listen to. I think he doesnt actually play the sims 4 . He just reviews it. And if you dont care for this game anyway and arent passionate at all about it, then I cant really trust your reviews.

I bought Cats and Dogs. Im enjoying it.
  • Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited November 2017
    mirta000 wrote: »
    AmySims09 wrote: »
    The EP is amazing, no idea what you're talking about.

How do you know how old the pet is?
    How do you know what skills they have?
    We can't even click on them to see the basic stats that we could in TS2. It's like having another "sim baby" on the lot. On top of that training is actually very easy and so is befriending strays, as there's no actual work that said animals can take, there's no challenge in playing with them, outside of being quite tedious.

I just like being able to have pets in the game again and being able to recreate my cat and dogs.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I never depend on critics. "Les Miserables" and "Wicked" were panned by the critics and had enormous success. He's just bored and should turn his attention to something else.
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    And its like the only truthful review HAS to be a negative one :D Im not watching his because I don't watch youtube reviews anyway. But the simmers I LIKE , LOVE this pack along with me <3

• Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    RubeeSims wrote: »
    Yardenro wrote: »

Literally EVERYTHING he says is negative. He picks whatever he can and makes it a huge deal. I'd much rather watch someone like Deligracy who does genuinely love the game and got her subscribers from being passionate about it than someone who just moans and makes everyone feel negative. Or you know, just play it myself.

I dont value his criticisms.

Just because someone has a PLATFORM (which anyone can have on you tube) does not make them someone I want to listen to. I think he doesnt actually play the sims 4 . He just reviews it. And if you dont care for this game anyway and arent passionate at all about it, then I cant really trust your reviews.

I bought Cats and Dogs. Im enjoying it.

He is passionnate about his reviews . I trust his reviews because he isn't blinded . He is honest , and to the point . I'm glad your enjoying cats and dogs
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top