Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No LGR review copy this time

1234568...Next

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Well it's ok. He didn't get review copies in the past, so it is ok. I enjoy his videos and I don't think any less of him or any other Simmer who was unable to get an early release of the game. There is a lot of pressure with viewers, so that was kind of him to apologize to his viewers for not being able to do a review early. Very gentlemen act. I always love his reviews. Just tired of the community labeling Simmers as positive or negative depending just on if they have a shared opinion or not. No one has the right to judge anyone else because it will just cause you to be a target of judgement is what I've learned since joining the vocal part of the Sims community. Vocal as in any community beyond just forums who talks about anything Sim related online. Anyway Simmers come in all walks of life and it is sad there is still such a harsh prejudice within the Sims community still. Just shows the confined environment some Simmers live in I guess not to realize that the world is much larger than their own backyard. Oh well, I just hope they learn real life experience goes beyond just the Sims. There is an unique world out there and sometimes it is nice to go out and smell the roses to expand one's horizons. So thank you LGR for being one of the Simmers to take the risk to expand those horizons.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited November 2017
    I don't care if he'll criticize the EP. It's the first time that I can play TS4 the whole day without feel bored!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    I don't care if he'll criticize the EP. It's the first time that I can play TS4 the whole day without feel bored!
    Same I love this EP so much.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    At the end of the day, EA owes nothing to anyone. LGR is still going to make reviews. Don't know why this is such a big deal.

No one says they did, but its really telling.If they only give people free packs to those that praise the game highly

@Horrorgirl6 - This isn't strictly true at all. TheActualSims got a review copy and she has always been very honest about how she feels about the game.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Simulator4 wrote: »
    Its flamebaiting. Eventually every LGR thread erupts in back and forth between members until it gets too heated, then closed. And discussing the moderator decisions is against the rules and subject to action from the mods.

It's flamebaiting to mention his name...? (sorry if misunderstanding, I just got here)

Personally to me, if someone posted and said "Deligracy has a new review up" then I simply wouldn't care. I'm not a fan of hers, so I have no comment for or against the thread and stay out of it.

The moment a thread mentions LGR however, half the forum has to act outraged that he exists and act like anyone that watches him worships his word as though it were the Bible. And as I've often said: threads about LGR reviews tend to focus more on reviewing his quality as a reviewer than the actual review of the product, specifically because those that don't like him can't stand to have it any other way.

It's ridiculous, and it's clear to me that this is a fault that has jack all to do with those who like his content/are neutral to it and everything to do with those that don't.
    Why do people have choose in between reviewers?
    original-25942-1427414325-9.jpg?downsize=715:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto

I like both Deligracy and LGR. They are kind to their community members unlike the attitude displayed here. And yes it is against the rules to talk badly about any person regardless of who they are. Rules haven't changed and there is no exception to them just because you prefer one person over another. Only people who refer him to that actually don't like his reviews. It's just one of the many typical rumors spread just to incite fights on these boards to keep the "side mentality" going I guess. Really childish when you think about it.
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    I usually like LGR reviews but given that I stayed up 11ish hours playing I think it’s more for posterity that I’ll watch this time lol. I’m enjoying the pack and at the end of the day to me that’s what matters. I feel I’ve gotten what I want out of it and a bit more as I know have a trump card over younger siblings to bribe them. ;-) pets are a big hit here!
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited November 2017
    KLAlexis wrote: »
    People can get jailed on here? What does that do?

Stops you being able to create your own threads and limits the amount of posts you can make per day. Also hides your signature.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    At the end of the day, EA owes nothing to anyone. LGR is still going to make reviews. Don't know why this is such a big deal.

No one says they did, but its really telling.If they only give people free packs to those that praise the game highly

@Horrorgirl6 - This isn't strictly true at all. TheActualSims got a review copy and she has always been very honest about how she feels about the game.

/oh /i never heard them .
  • Options
    KristinaKristina Posts: 582 Member
    I was disappointed to see that he didn't get a review copy. I was excited when he started getting them because I look forward to his videos more than I do the EP/GP/SP releases themselves. I mean it won't hurt me to wait a few days (I bought the game on release this time around anyway so it wasn't going to effect my purchase) but I just love his reviews. He's hilarious and is similar in tone to other game reviewers (non-Sims) that I like. He took critical to an extreme with Toddler Stuff though (which I also bought regardless), so I wondered if it was because of that he didn't get a review copy for this expansion. That's just my own speculation though. I've never watched any other Sim Youtubers.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    I'm telling you that a reviewer does not need to play a vampire for 50 hours, when in 1 hour they can understand how the system works. First impressions are impressions on a game that you did not complete. Review is what you do when you experience the full game. You do not experience the full game 2, 3, 4, 5 times to review it. To call that "first impressions" is a dishonest use of a known subgenre.
    I can't tell if you're missing the point, or just don't understand what the word "first" means.

You can't "complete" the sims. There is no specific start and end, unless your count all of your sims dying, but virtually no one plays like that is the end of the game, since you can always make more.
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    Triplis wrote: »
    Clearly you have not watched the Ball Pit 2.0 video.

I have. Why are so many people here obsessed with making baseless assumptions about me, putting words in my mouth or only wanting to hear what they want to hear from my comments ? It's just creepy at this point. The thing is, where does that invalidate any of my arguments ? He's criticizing the appearance of an object. Not the gameplay associated with it.
    You said they're building an echo chamber by not giving LGR a review copy. I pointed out another reviewer who obviously isn't pulling punches when he makes a scathing parody video of their ball pit debacle.

And your defense is to claim that I'm obsessed with you and say that it's irrelevant because it's the appearance of an object, not gameplay.

So you're shifting the goalposts, now telling me that they're aren't building an echo chamber about all of the game, just about gameplay specifically? What kind of an argument is that.
    The moment a thread mentions LGR however, half the forum has to act outraged that he exists and act like anyone that watches him worships his word as though it were the Bible. And as I've often said: threads about LGR reviews tend to focus more on reviewing his quality as a reviewer than the actual review of the product, specifically because those that don't like him can't stand to have it any other way.

It's ridiculous, and it's clear to me that this is a fault that has jack all to do with those who like his content/are neutral to it and everything to do with those that don't.
    Oh, the disgusting spin. There are people who obviously do worship his word as though it were the Bible. It's no act. And you left out the part where people get outraged that anyone challenges conspiracy theories about the game, or disagrees about him being some pinnacle of ultimate truth in the community.

That's why this stuff is inflammatory. Because the examples I gave, along with the slanted ones you gave, when you take into account all the dimensions of it, it's just people baiting each other nonstop, from any and every side and position.

And at this point, it's just dishonest to act like it's all some wahhh people against you and what you want. If you can't admit that this LGR nonsense takes two to tango, well... that's the truly ridiculous part in your post.

Oh and don't bother responding to me with some long paragraphs sentence by sentence breakdown. I'm not going to read it.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited November 2017
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Yeah, I always figured that even if LGR slams a pack, it still provides exposure for people who might potentially be interested. Because if people like what they see, they'll get it even if the reviews are dismal. And LGR definitely shows it all off, and he does a good job doing so in 10 minutes or so.

Yup, this is true. He never liked supernatural content and never really held it in truly high regard, but I still bought and enjoy Supernatural and Vampires because I like supernatural content. I liked what they featured.

Kristina wrote: »
    I was disappointed to see that he didn't get a review copy. I was excited when he started getting them because I look forward to his videos more than I do the EP/GP/SP releases themselves.

This is true for me too. When Pets was finally annouced, all I wanted to know was LGR's reaction. Which was him not particuarly caring. Then as release got closer, I kept checking to see if he posted a review.

Excluding his feelings on supernatural content, I share many of his opinions on what he wants in his game. For example, he's not particuarly fond of Pets. Neither am I. I still haven't bought it yet and don't plan to anytime soon. That's why I'm looking forward to his review more than the EP itself. Because I know that if he likes it, there's a good chance I will too.

If he ends up not liking the EP at all ( which, to be honest, I expect from this game's track record on EPs ), I still might get it in the future, just because I appreciate any sort of new content for this game. But likely when it's on sale.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Um Vampire review he said he has been playing it for a week. I think that is plenty time to review a copy. So what is this first impression crud ?
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    I'm telling you that a reviewer does not need to play a vampire for 50 hours, when in 1 hour they can understand how the system works. First impressions are impressions on a game that you did not complete. Review is what you do when you experience the full game. You do not experience the full game 2, 3, 4, 5 times to review it. To call that "first impressions" is a dishonest use of a known subgenre.
    I can't tell if you're missing the point, or just don't understand what the word "first" means.

You can't "complete" the sims. There is no specific start and end, unless your count all of your sims dying, but virtually no one plays like that is the end of the game, since you can always make more.
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    Clearly you have not watched the Ball Pit 2.0 video.

I have. Why are so many people here obsessed with making baseless assumptions about me, putting words in my mouth or only wanting to hear what they want to hear from my comments ? It's just creepy at this point. The thing is, where does that invalidate any of my arguments ? He's criticizing the appearance of an object. Not the gameplay associated with it.
    You said they're building an echo chamber by not giving LGR a review copy. I pointed out another reviewer who obviously isn't pulling punches when he makes a scathing parody video of their ball pit debacle.

And your defense is to claim that I'm obsessed with you and say that it's irrelevant because it's the appearance of an object, not gameplay.

So you're shifting the goalposts, now telling me that they're aren't building an echo chamber about all of the game, just about gameplay specifically? What kind of an argument is that.

Oh, the disgusting spin. There are people who obviously do worship his word as though it were the Bible. It's no act. And you left out the part where people get outraged that anyone challenges conspiracy theories about the game, or disagrees about him being some pinnacle of ultimate truth in the community.

That's why this stuff is inflammatory. Because the examples I gave, along with the slanted ones you gave, when you take into account all the dimensions of it, it's just people baiting each other nonstop, from any and every side and position.

And at this point, it's just dishonest to act like it's all some wahhh people against you and what you want. If you can't admit that this LGR nonsense takes two to tango, well... that's the truly ridiculous part in your post.

Oh and don't bother responding to me with some long paragraphs sentence by sentence breakdown. I'm not going to read it.

That's a pretty puerile response, man. If you can't handle someone else debating with you with big paragraphs, why attack their point in the first place? Many topics can be discussed and argued deeply, especially if someone has enough experience to see multiple perspectives. To completely disregard someone else's point just because it's too much of a bother to read ( no, I'm not saying you directly said this ) is a bit silly.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I simply don't understand why anyone hinges their decisions on what some You Tuber thinks, whether its an EA "influencer" or someone like LGR. Can't anyone make up their own minds?
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member

Exhausting the features of the pack that you're reviewing is enough. And by your definition not a single review of The Sims 4 out there at all is "true".
    First impressions in reviewing circles means not getting through the game, but playing for a specific amount of time. Like I said, no reviewer plays the same game over and over and over again, because reviewing is a job and no job would let you re-do your work multiple times.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top