Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No LGR review copy this time

Comments

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Sonuva... despite all the people RIGHT HERE ON THIS BOARD who think the game is great, and the people who think it's buggy, apparently the only worthwhile opinion is STILL LGR's.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Mods seem to be pretty buggy right now, but that's just what happens.

People experiencing pets not eating, sleeping, or pooping have no mods. No UI is highly confusing. Many have admitted that they have at least expected more for the price (especially having in mind that the price was raised drastically in some countries), don't pretend that all is flowers and rainbows.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited November 2017
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    mirta000 wrote: »
    AmySims09 wrote: »
    The EP is amazing, no idea what you're talking about.

How do you know how old the pet is?
    How do you know what skills they have?
    We can't even click on them to see the basic stats that we could in TS2. It's like having another "sim baby" on the lot. On top of that training is actually very easy and so is befriending strays, as there's no actual work that said animals can take, there's no challenge in playing with them, outside of being quite tedious.

How do you tell how old your pets are in real life? How do you check their skills?

How can you check the exact age of a person in real life? Where's the UI for that? Where's the UI for me to check an employee's exact skills measured on some weird level out of 10?

Where's my cowplant?

I totally agree with not controlling pets, but a UI which shows their age, personality, and skills is very important.

people can talk unlike pets.We can communicate. I could tell you how old I am right now, my interests, my flaws etc. I could tell you my hobbies and things I'm good at.

It's a matter of preference, and I prefer it this way because I like to guess and slowly learn about my pet. It's no fun to see everything. We didn't have half this stuff with moodlets etc in Sims 2 and we did just fine.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options

There's this really neat thing that people can do that pets can't called talking. We can communicate. I could tell you how old I am right now, my interests, my flaws etc. I could tell you my hobbies and things I'm good at.

It's a matter of preference, and I prefer it this way because I like to guess and slowly learn about my pet. It's no fun to see everything. We didn't have half this stuff with moodlets etc in Sims 2 and we did just fine.

I always knew my pet's exact job, needs, skills and age in The Sims 2. We even had a cheat to control them if we so wanted to.

And let's do this fun thing, let's remove the UI off every sim. We can talk after all.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    edited November 2017

People experiencing pets not eating, sleeping, or pooping have no mods. No UI is highly confusing. Many have admitted that they have at least expected more for the price (especially having in mind that the price was raised drastically in some countries), don't pretend that all is flowers and rainbows.

What were people expecting? What were you expecting? There's not much we didn't know about this expansion pack.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Sonuva... despite all the people RIGHT HERE ON THIS BOARD who think the game is great, and the people who think it's buggy, apparently the only worthwhile opinion is STILL LGR's.

Who on earth said that?

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    What were people expecting? What were you expecting? There's not much we didn't know about this expansion pack.

Better AI for one thing :D

Though I did see quite a few people that pre-purchased it without knowing that you can't control cats and dogs. And I'm still seeing plenty of questions on "how do I become a vet without buying the clinic?". Really I avoided most livestreams, so when my friends came back and said that they're finding all of this very confusing because they don't even know how long until their pet ages up, or how much do they need to order them to interact with this other pet until they can have puppies, I was a bit surprised. One thing that I did not expect was no UI at all.
  • Options
    WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member
    Good, I find him incredibly annoying. There are better reviewers out there.
    C0gfE.gif
  • Options
    ceinwynieceinwynie Posts: 162 Member
    edited November 2017
    The no UI is a big problem for me too, but I'll try to get used to it. I like the expansion, but I remember when I got ts3 pets, I was so happy with all the critters, there were a lot of Small animals. Overall, I prefer TS4, the sims 3 was the worst of the series for me, but I think the pets expansion was better, unfortunately, or maybe I need to play more.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member

I looking foward to LGR because he is honest review .Noyt because think his only oppinion matter
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member

We can't even click on them to see the basic stats that we could in TS2. It's like having another "sim baby" on the lot. On top of that training is actually very easy and so is befriending strays, as there's no actual work that said animals can take, there's no challenge in playing with them, outside of being quite tedious.

How do you tell how old your pets are in real life? How do you check their skills?

How can you check the exact age of a person in real life? Where's the UI for that? Where's the UI for me to check an employee's exact skills measured on some weird level out of 10?

Where's my cowplant?

I totally agree with not controlling pets, but a UI which shows their age, personality, and skills is very important.

people can talk unlike pets.We can communicate. I could tell you how old I am right now, my interests, my flaws etc. I could tell you my hobbies and things I'm good at.

I'm sorry ,but that just silly . We can not touch somebody , and get all the information about them. Sims we play we know there traits,likes , and relationships. Comparing that to talking to people is comaparing choclate baars to cocoa puffs
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Honestly, he admits he doesn't play the Sims (all versions) very much at all anymore. So if he's lost the passion for the Sims, that will come across in his videos (the last time he played The Sims on his channel was Get To Work when it came out).

Before Get To Work, he would have gameplay videos of him playing The Sims all the time.

So why would EA give him an access code, when he doesn't play the game anymore? While they have dedicated players who will promote the product for the next 6 months or so?

Good points actually. I haven't heard from LGR in a long time at least heard him mentioned on here so he might have just dropped out of the community for the time being?

I guess if he owns all Sims games he wouldn't be too fussed about another Pets related EP which really wouldn't be much different from previous games, add or take away a few features?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Guys, there's really not a big conspiracy here. It's been officially revealed that EA markets Sims 4 to teen girls. If you worked for EA and were told to give out game codes to cater to that target customer, would you choose LGR? It's really that simple.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Good points actually. I haven't heard from LGR in a long time at least heard him mentioned on here so he might have just dropped out of the community for the time being?

I guess if he owns all Sims games he wouldn't be too fussed about another Pets related EP which really wouldn't be much different from previous games, add or take away a few features?

He reviews every sims game. But he's a reviewer, not a let's player. Meaning you'll only hear of him as new content drops. I am surprised with how many people are used to let's players and not reviewers.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Honestly, he admits he doesn't play the Sims (all versions) very much at all anymore. So if he's lost the passion for the Sims, that will come across in his videos (the last time he played The Sims on his channel was Get To Work when it came out).

Before Get To Work, he would have gameplay videos of him playing The Sims all the time.

So why would EA give him an access code, when he doesn't play the game anymore? While they have dedicated players who will promote the product for the next 6 months or so?

He never played these games on his channel "all the time". In fact gameplay videos on his channel are rare in general, because it's a REVIEW channel, not a let's play channel. The most I've seen of him playing The Sims was some special 2 hour videos of The Sims 2.

As to why should EA give him a code? Because a lot of simmers trust him as a reviewer. He is not affiliated or contracted by EA, making him an independent party rather than a paid promoter like most influencers are.

The fact that they did not give him a copy makes me very suspicious about the quality of EP.

Honestly, I stopped trusting him as a reviewer years ago, because I don't feel he's objective about his dislike of sims 4
  • Options
    Feet46Feet46 Posts: 230 Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziFsj4k5Wc0

first impressions from the discords that I'm in are semi-negative, so I would advise caution.

Caution from what? What happens when we buy the game?
  • Options
    Feet46 wrote: »

You may get disappointed. But it's your money and your life so feel free to do with it whatever you wish :D
    I also have a combined issues thread, it kind of sheds light on current bugs:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928859/combined-list-of-most-pet-issues-that-simmers-are-having/p1
  • Options
    Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    edited November 2017
    Yes, but LGR has ACTIVELY admitted he's biased against Stuff Packs. Just because he says negative things about a game doesn't make him a good reviewer. He seems to focus on the negativity a LOT.

We don't even know how he's going to review the game yet, but a lot of people think the game is awesome, and all the better for no direct control.

I mean, I get not liking the stuff packs, but he does give meaningful feedback on EPs and GPs. And he isn't always negative.
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif
  • Options
    Feet46Feet46 Posts: 230 Member
    Feet46 wrote: »

You may get disappointed. But it's your money and your life so feel free to do with it whatever you wish :D
    I also have a combined issues thread, it kind of sheds light on current bugs:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928859/combined-list-of-most-pet-issues-that-simmers-are-having/p1

Oh yeah. That can happen. Only time Maxis disappointed me was....Spore. It was 9 years ago and I still want my money back!
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited November 2017

Where's my cowplant?

Right, we can talk. Then why am I able to view that information in the UI for my Sims? They can talk with one another.

We didn’t need moodlets in Sims 2 because our Sims actually had realistic emotions and expressions. Context was right in the game itself.

I suppose it is a matter of preference, however, in a life sim, or any simulator for that matter, viewable data/progress is everything.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    The entire pack was viewable ahead of time....there have been the official blog posts and livestreams, but there have also been plenty of video from numerous YouTubers showing all the Build/Buy stuff, the different types of breeds, etc. as well as all the CAP stuff and the gamplay. With minimal efforts, someone could have seen everything about this pack ahead of time. So why do I need a review to tell me what my opinion of this EP should be? I can formulate my own opinions. In the old days maybe reviews were more important, but now we're exposed to everything about these packs before they are released. I don't need a reviewer to tell me whether I should buy it or not.
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited November 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziFsj4k5Wc0

first impressions from the discords that I'm in are semi-negative, so I would advise caution.

"Semi-negative" probably because it's not EA sponsered like the many other sim youtubers... and that's why it's more reliable.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top