Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Bouncy Castle: Bounce off Some of Your Ideas Here! ALL GAMES WELCOME

Comments

• Options
    ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    Hello, guys and gals! I want to thank @15aewar for introducing me to this thread! :blush:
    I said in The Fringe thread that I have a lot of ideas that have to do with every aspect of interacting with The Sims 4 game.
    I thought a bit about what I should post here, and what I really need, and that is more DLCs and more TS4 buddies. I wanted to do a collaboration for a long time, even though I have no idea what kind of it would be. :lol:

I didn't pay for DLCs for half a year, and now I am making a plan how to get them all, step by step. To make it fun, exciting, etc, I was thinking about incorporating the process with a Build Newcrest challenge. I now have Dine Out, Movie Hangout, and Romantic Garden. So, I am thinking that Romantic Garden goes with the first generation, and for the second, I could get Parenthood, then for the Library, well, I don't know :lol: and for the Gym, Fitness Stuff, and Spa Day, etc.

If I were a Sim, I would have a Rennesaince Sim aspiration definitively. So, I can't much narrow down my interests.

Finally, I want to say that I plan to get back to my studies for the exams and then to play the game on breaks, so I see myself completely satisfying my geeky side with Sims. :grin:

I hope that all this makes sense!
  • Options
    15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    @ninaumi Sounds like a pretty neat plan to me!

If you need any help working out ideas, feel free to mention them here!
  • Options
    I'm thinking of adding a new branch of the Watcher faith to one of my stories. I might never get to mention this little tidbit, but I'd greatly appreciate your suggestions all the same :blush:

I'm thinking of having a branch of the Sims' faith that has Peteran roots, but Jacoban levels of fire and brimstone. What would be a good name for such a sect?
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    15aewar wrote: »
    I'm thinking of adding a new branch of the Watcher faith to one of my stories. I might never get to mention this little tidbit, but I'd greatly appreciate your suggestions all the same :blush:

I'm thinking of having a branch of the Sims' faith that has Peteran roots, but Jacoban levels of fire and brimstone. What would be a good name for such a sect?

So it's a cross between Peteran and Jacoban?

Hmmm....

Mathewan?

Josephian?

Paulian?

Or... you could mash the names... Petoban... Jaceran...

Or... Roots of Fire.

Faith of Stone.

(Now I'm just casting about blindly! :D )
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Thanks to all those who gave their input earlier. :) I just published The Fledgling Primer as part of my lore section.

The Fledgling Primer - Issue 1
  • Options
    StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member

@15aewar maybe instead of coming up with a name you could come up with a character who started this particular belief and name it after them. Similar to how Marxism was named after Karl Marx.
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

Hmmm....

Mathewan?

Josephian?

Paulian?

Or... Roots of Fire.

Faith of Stone.

An awesome suggestion! Although, Paulian makes me think of that guy from Jersey Shore. :lol:
    Abrahamian?
    Noahian?
    Isaachan?

@15aewar maybe instead of coming up with a name you could come up with a character who started this particular belief and name it after them. Similar to how Marxism was named after Karl Marx.

That's also a really good idea! I'd have to come up with the name of the founder, though.

Both are really good suggestions! I was thinking maybe an adjective or something.
    If it helps, the group in question is supposed to be the Sim counterpart to the Puritans. I don't want to call them that, though. I like having my creative license, plummit!

I thought about calling them the Paragons, like the club in Get Together (because this sect is about being a paragon of virtue.) Although, the Paragons might sound a little bit too much like a musketeer or a brotherhood of knights.

What do you guys think? Would something like the Austereans work better? Strictarians?

Ugh. Naming is hard. All the really good ones seem to be taken. :tongue:
  • Options
    ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    I have a question regarding my #BuildNewcrest challenge which I started playing and plan to write a story about. As I wrote earlier, I thought about getting Parenthood game pack for generation 2, but now I have another idea. Do you think I should leave it there, or that I should get 2 stuff packs, which are Toddler and Kids instead, and get Parenthood until 6th generation? Here are the rules, for people who aren't familiar with them. Here is my new blog, that is under construction (no posts yet), and on which the story will be started.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

Hmmm....

Mathewan?

Josephian?

Paulian?

Or... Roots of Fire.

Faith of Stone.

An awesome suggestion! Although, Paulian makes me think of that guy from Jersey Shore. :lol:
    Abrahamian?
    Noahian?
    Isaachan?

That's also a really good idea! I'd have to come up with the name of the founder, though.

Both are really good suggestions! I was thinking maybe an adjective or something.
    If it helps, the group in question is supposed to be the Sim counterpart to the Puritans. I don't want to call them that, though. I like having my creative license, plummit!

I thought about calling them the Paragons, like the club in Get Together (because this sect is about being a paragon of virtue.) Although, the Paragons might sound a little bit too much like a musketeer or a brotherhood of knights.

What do you guys think? Would something like the Austereans work better? Strictarians?

cathians, i took sis name and shortened it. i haven't felt creative lately
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member

Hmmm....

Mathewan?

Josephian?

Paulian?

Or... Roots of Fire.

Faith of Stone.

Abrahamian?
    Noahian?
    Isaachan?

I don't think a Cathian relgion would have Jacobean levels of fire and brimstone.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ninaumi wrote: »
    I have a question regarding my #BuildNewcrest challenge which I started playing and plan to write a story about. As I wrote earlier, I thought about getting Parenthood game pack for generation 2, but now I have another idea. Do you think I should leave it there, or that I should get 2 stuff packs, which are Toddler and Kids instead, and get Parenthood until 6th generation? Here are the rules, for people who aren't familiar with them. Here is my new blog, that is under construction (no posts yet), and on which the story will be started.

I think you should start with Parenthood, then move on to the stuff packs; Parenthood has a ton of interactions that may make story writing a bit easier. There's the Parenting skill, the ability to set curfews, and a bunch of traits that you can teach your little munchkins, like "responsible" and "good manners." All Kids' Stuff adds is a puppet theater.
  • Options
    ninaumi wrote: »

I think you should start with Parenthood, then move on to the stuff packs; Parenthood has a ton of interactions that may make story writing a bit easier. There's the Parenting skill, the ability to set curfews, and a bunch of traits that you can teach your little munchkins, like "responsible" and "good manners." All Kids' Stuff adds is a puppet theater.

and Voidcritters
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

Hmmm....

Mathewan?

Josephian?

Paulian?

Or... Roots of Fire.

Faith of Stone.

Abrahamian?
    Noahian?
    Isaachan?

Hmmm how about these?

The Sim Alliance for Austere Measures and Better Values (SAAMBEVA)
    Believers of the Old Way
  • Options
    dragonkiwiidragonkiwii Posts: 124 Member
    If anyone needs ideas for last names for Sims, just take a Crayola crayon and look at the translations for some last names. I know it seems silly but it works for me :)
    i like anime and stuff
  • Options
    pronterus wrote: »

Hmmm how about these?

Believers of the Old Way

Both are really awesome! I think I finally got one, though.

What do you guys think about Ascetican?

From the word ascetic:
    noun
    1. a person who dedicates his or her life to a pursuit of contemplative ideals and practices extreme self-denial or self-mortification for religious reasons.
    2. a person who leads an austerely simple life, especially one who abstains from the normal pleasures of life or denies himself or herself material satisfaction.
    3.(in the early Christian church) a monk; hermit.

adjective, Also, ascetical
    4. relating to asceticism, the doctrine that one can reach a high spiritual state through the practice of extreme self-denial or self-mortification.
    5. rigorously abstinent; austere: an ascetic existence.
    6. exceedingly strict or severe in religious exercises or self-mortification.
  • Options

Hmmm how about these?

Believers of the Old Way

From the word ascetic:
    noun
    1. a person who dedicates his or her life to a pursuit of contemplative ideals and practices extreme self-denial or self-mortification for religious reasons.
    2. a person who leads an austerely simple life, especially one who abstains from the normal pleasures of life or denies himself or herself material satisfaction.

4. relating to asceticism, the doctrine that one can reach a high spiritual state through the practice of extreme self-denial or self-mortification.

it's an awesome name.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

Hmmm....

Mathewan?

Josephian?

Paulian?

Or... Roots of Fire.

Faith of Stone.

Abrahamian?
    Noahian?
    Isaachan?

MadameLee wrote: »

Hmmm....

Mathewan?

Josephian?

Paulian?

Or... Roots of Fire.

Faith of Stone.

Abrahamian?
    Noahian?
    Isaachan?

I don't think a Cathian relgion would have Jacobean levels of fire and brimstone.

My point exactly! :D My religion would be all peace, love, and harmony--respecting consciousness in all forms of beings! Even digital ones! Sim Rights for everyone! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options

Hmmm how about these?

Believers of the Old Way

From the word ascetic:
    noun

It is a SUPER name! :) I like it.

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

Hmmm....

Mathewan?

Josephian?

Paulian?

Or... Roots of Fire.

Faith of Stone.

Abrahamian?
    Noahian?
    Isaachan?

Hmmm....

Mathewan?

Josephian?

Paulian?

Or... Roots of Fire.

Faith of Stone.

Abrahamian?
    Noahian?
    Isaachan?

My point exactly! :D My religion would be all peace, love, and harmony--respecting consciousness in all forms of beings! Even digital ones! Sim Rights for everyone! :)

i was vetoed but i tried.
  • Options
    Because of X Jane and HAM will alternatively do rounds of fighting against other people responsible for X with HAM's actions earier with Max and Henry cheering for Jane&HAM. Is that a good idea?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member

Hmmm....

Mathewan?

Josephian?

Paulian?

Or... Roots of Fire.

Faith of Stone.

Abrahamian?
    Noahian?
    Isaachan?

Hmmm....

Mathewan?

Josephian?

Paulian?

Or... Roots of Fire.

Faith of Stone.

Abrahamian?
    Noahian?
    Isaachan?

Also lots of tea :tongue:
  • Options

Hmmm....

Mathewan?

Josephian?

Paulian?

Or... Roots of Fire.

Faith of Stone.

Abrahamian?
    Noahian?
    Isaachan?

Hmmm....

Mathewan?

Josephian?

Paulian?

Or... Roots of Fire.

Faith of Stone.

Abrahamian?
    Noahian?
    Isaachan?

Also lots of tea :tongue:

Everyone should be a Cathteaist and practice Cathteaism :D
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Currently writing an apocalypse chapter and i'm stuck on what to write about. It's a fast forward chapter of a few months since the last time my character wrote (last chapter was an interlude without her in it) anything. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Currently writing an apocalypse chapter and i'm stuck on what to write about. It's a fast forward chapter of a few months since the last time my character wrote (last chapter was an interlude without her in it) anything. Any suggestions?

In this situation, I'd always think of ways to make my character's life more miserable, then they look for ways to solve or cope with the problem. So in your story, maybe they're running out of a certain kind of resource that makes everyone fight over it eventually or something, and your character might get caught in the middle of maybe say, warring factions.
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

In this situation, I'd always think of ways to make my character's life more miserable, then they look for ways to solve or cope with the problem. So in your story, maybe they're running out of a certain kind of resource that makes everyone fight over it eventually or something, and your character might get caught in the middle of maybe say, warring factions.