Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Bouncy Castle: Bounce off Some of Your Ideas Here! ALL GAMES WELCOME

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited November 2017
    I'm still working on my NaNoWriMo story but I want a suggestion on the type of bed that MC and a little girl are in when they're under the "Sleeping Curse"

a)double-glass coffin (ie Snow White)
    b)double poster bed (ie Sleeping Beauty)
    c)unrealistic a double hospital bed (ie Henry from Once Upon a Time only in his case it's a single bed)

@CathyTea

Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I'm still working on my NaNoWriMo story but I want a suggestion on the type of bed that MC and a little girl are in when they're under the "Sleeping Curse"

c)unrealistic a double hospital bed (ie Henry from Once Upon a Time only in his case it's a single bed)

I like the glass coffin idea. Especially if there are breathing holes in the top :p
  • Options
    15aewar wrote: »

I like the glass coffin idea. Especially if there are breathing holes in the top :p

um you do realize that the people are cursed sleep (but look like they're dead) so no breathing holes required
    TBSPvgg.jpg
    whzgYgk.jpg
    xoMEE2G.jpg

in my case it would be a double version of any of the above ^
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

um you do realize that the people are cursed sleep (but look like they're dead) so no breathing holes required
    TBSPvgg.jpg
    whzgYgk.jpg
    xoMEE2G.jpg

Well, I always thought Snow White had died XD
  • Options
    edited November 2017

TBSPvgg.jpg
    whzgYgk.jpg
    xoMEE2G.jpg

Well, I always thought Snow White had died XD

despite what the Queen said earlier in the film when making the apple?

Which I had a better blurb for my story I don't..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    I need some help on deciding when to reveal a character's evilish intentions! I want it to be a big reveal, but I feel as though it's too soon at the moment!
  • Options
    I need some help on deciding when to reveal a character's evilish intentions! I want it to be a big reveal, but I feel as though it's too soon at the moment!

When will the stakes be the highest? That's usually a pretty good time to do a big reveal.
    E.g., when someone's about to die, when someone desperately needs help from that character, etc.
  • Options
    @15aewar if I play my cards right, there will be a death because of the character! So I need it to be really drawn out, I suppose
  • Options
    @15aewar if I play my cards right, there will be a death because of the character! So I need it to be really drawn out, I suppose

I guess that sounds good. You could also look at different movies or books for inspiration, like The Incredibles or something.
  • Options
    @15aewar I will do...hehe
  • Options
    Does a prince character who happens to be the twin of my villain in my NANOWriMo novel think he's in love with person A (who he meet earlier in the story) but falls in love with a supposedly a corpse is "gross"?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @MadameLee Have him question that, it adds to the story!
  • Options
    @MadameLee Have him question that, it adds to the story!

a prince question if he's a necrophiliac. That's a new one for fairytales.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Need help with one part of my story:

One of my supporting characters has to get a valuable ingredient (some legendary ginseng) for an antidote only available in his home country, and it's extremely hard to get. He tries to book a flight back home but all flights are booked for the whole week, and he needs that ingredient within a few days (or else his boss will be a kid forever). So he turns to his aunt and uncle who run a flower shop for help. He finds out that they have the ingredient he's looking for, but his uncle doesn't want to give it to him, even if he has the money for it.

Now I need ideas on why the uncle doesn't want to give him the legendary ginseng.

One idea I have so far is that the uncle is his father's brother, and the uncle is 🐸🐸🐸🐸 since he ran away from his home country to avoid an arranged marriage with a woman he barely knows from a rich family.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @pronterus: does the ginseng have other applications in this world besides being part of that antidote? Familial disdain can be a part of it but I can't help but think of the possibilities as to what the uncle would want it for.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    I just realised with my idea of Jack (the villian's twin brother) being in love with Tam at first and then falling in love with Ming's "dead" body I'm poking fun at both Disney movies *and* the original fairy tale stories of the same name.

"At least in the books the idea of romance isn't something they're thinking of/but Disney shows us just one little meeting and suddenly it's love. Snow White has a moment, Cinderella a dance/ Sleeping Beauty has a creepy romance"
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ChandsChands Posts: 2,763 Member
    @pronterus: Just to add to what @InfraGreen has said, maybe hes keeping it aside because he has figured out some use of it and now realises its worth. Or he has actually already promised it to someone else and unknowing that the properties of the ginseng are valuable. He could be keeping it because it was actually part of the heirlooms of the family or possible wedding gift? (because its so legendary) and to spite them for the arranged marriage stole it before he left and now refuses to part with it because it reminds him of his past pain.
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    @InfraGreen @Chands Thanks for your suggestions! :) I'll add them to my ideas board :)
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    So I need help with naming a possible story (it's looking likely to happen).

It's about:
    A mother, her son(child) and her daughter(toddler) who move to BB to live with her dad and his dog after her husband (the kids' dad) died. But the kid doesn't want to move and hates it at first as he misses all his friends back home in SM. But with the help of his granddad's dog he realises it's not too bad there.

There's also other minor plots but this is an outline of it. Also I might make the kids older but I don't know right now.
  • Options
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

It's about:
    A mother, her son(child) and her daughter(toddler) who move to BB to live with her dad and his dog after her husband (the kids' dad) died. But the kid doesn't want to move and hates it at first as he misses all his friends back home in SM. But with the help of his granddad's dog he realises it's not too bad there.

There's also other minor plots but this is an outline of it. Also I might make the kids older but I don't know right now.

Maybe something like Homecoming? Brindleton? Red Lobster?
  • Options

It's about:

lol Red Lobster makes me think of a restaurant
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

It's about:

lol Red Lobster makes me think of a restaurant

i think she means the restraunt she listed 3 differnt things.
  • Options
    LillyDovesLillyDoves Posts: 698 Member
    So I hit a pretty important part in my first generation where the father just got reunited with his children after so many years of being separated. Does anyone have any ideas for activities they can do as a family? His son has a toddler with the Gen One Heir and a step sister. I’m at a loss of what they can do.
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    LillyDoves wrote: »
    So I hit a pretty important part in my first generation where the father just got reunited with his children after so many years of being separated. Does anyone have any ideas for activities they can do as a family? His son has a toddler with the Gen One Heir and a step sister. I’m at a loss of what they can do.

Maybe spend some time getting to know each other and the father can get to know his grandson.

If you want actual activities then (if you own the packs required) bowling? fishing? Icecream? Cinema? Go out to dinner? Shopping?
  • Options
    LillyDoves wrote: »

Maybe spend some time getting to know each other and the father can get to know his grandson.

If you want actual activities then (if you own the packs required) bowling? fishing? Icecream? Cinema? Go out to dinner? Shopping?

toddlers can't bowl, and they can't go to restaurants
    6adMCGP.gif