Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Bouncy Castle: Bounce off Some of Your Ideas Here! ALL GAMES WELCOME

Comments

• Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    I want to do a blog about my male sim if he doesn't make it through PrincessSimcess' challenge, but I know somebody already did something for her previous challenge like that...should I do it, or not?
  • Options
    StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    edited October 2017
    I want to do a blog about my male sim if he doesn't make it through PrincessSimcess' challenge, but I know somebody already did something for her previous challenge like that...should I do it, or not?

@lilypadmeulin If there's one thing I've learned from writing over the years it's that most of the original ideas have been done before. So you're better off not worrying about who has done what and as long as you aren't directly trying to plagiarize the other person just go for it and do what you want to do with your own personal spin on it.

So if you want to a blog about your sim then I say go for it. :)
  • Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @AuroraLockwood thank you! That's incredibly helpful! I'll still have to wait and see if he gets through the challenge, but if he doesn't then I will go ahead with that.
  • Options
    15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    I'm thinking about restarting the Penvellyn Legacy in the Sims Medieval - if only for the prologue. I think it might be a good way to iron out some of the problems I've been having in coming up with story ideas, since there's a built-in quest system.

Curse you, lack of creativity!
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    15aewar wrote: »
    I'm thinking about restarting the Penvellyn Legacy in the Sims Medieval - if only for the prologue. I think it might be a good way to iron out some of the problems I've been having in coming up with story ideas, since there's a built-in quest system.

i have a lack of creativity too.
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member

That's a fantastic idea actually. I've been itching to play again lately because I'm not finding enough info in wikis. I managed to recreate the Peteran church based off of screenshots, but it didn't get rid of my urge to reinstall the game.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Teaism made me laugh, @pronterus.

Ascetism works really well in your context, @15aewar.

I like Believers of the Old Way too, @pronterus.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    So, i'm thinking of writing a spin off story for my youngest gen 2 spare as he has a very different POV of things than his older brothers (who are the protagonists of Gen 2) as they are 11 years older than him. I need a name for the story though. I'm thinking of including Burton Legacy in there somewhere so people know it's to do with my legacy but i'm not too sure. Thanks :)
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    So, i'm thinking of writing a spin off story for my youngest gen 2 spare as he has a very different POV of things than his older brothers (who are the protagonists of Gen 2) as they are 11 years older than him. I need a name for the story though. I'm thinking of including Burton Legacy in there somewhere so people know it's to do with my legacy but i'm not too sure. Thanks :)

What about, "Downside Up: The Spare Child" or something like that? I'm sorry I'm not more helpful, as the only thing I know about your legacy is what's in your banner. :D
  • Options

Is this for Harry?
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    Karilan wrote: »

Is this for Harry?

@Karilan Yep

@15aewar It's fine :)
  • Options

Is this for Harry?

@Karilan Yep

Yay!

Hmm, he was always kind of on the sidelines.

Burton Borderlines: Harry's Tale?

The Lost Burton Chronicles

No Burton Left Behind: A Side Story

You could always come up with an independent title and have a subtitle like "A Burton Legacy Spinoff" or "Featuring one of the Burton boys!"
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options

Is this for Harry?

@Karilan Yep

Yay!

Hmm, he was always kind of on the sidelines.

Burton Borderlines: Harry's Tale?

The Lost Burton Chronicles

No Burton Left Behind: A Side Story

You could always come up with an independent title and have a subtitle like "A Burton Legacy Spinoff" or "Featuring one of the Burton boys!"

Good suggestions, i'm going to think this one over. I also agree Harry didn't get much time in the spotlight, he got like 1 chapter and part of another. We don't actually know too much about him if i'm honest. He got a small storyline in gen 3 to do with his grandpa but that's it.
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    I just thought of something really funny that I could add to my story. :lol: Once I get my computer fixed and buy the Pets expansion at a sale price, I was thinking of adding a Scooby-Doo like group in the next arc of my story, making my main characters the antagonists who are trying to stop them. They can be 4 cheesy young adults (I'll probably have a casting call for them) with a pet dog (maybe a small breed to make it funnier) and they get sent to Newcrest to solve the mystery of the missing plasma fruit trees. I'd also love to hear the Doc say,
    And I could have gotten away with it... if it weren't for you meddling kids!

Now what should I call the mystery-solving gang?
  • Options
    pronterus wrote: »
    I just thought of something really funny that I could add to my story. :lol: Once I get my computer fixed and buy the Pets expansion at a sale price, I was thinking of adding a Scooby-Doo like group in the next arc of my story, making my main characters the antagonists who are trying to stop them. They can be 4 cheesy young adults (I'll probably have a casting call for them) with a pet dog (maybe a small breed to make it funnier) and they get sent to Newcrest to solve the mystery of the missing plasma fruit trees. I'd also love to hear the Doc say,

Simmy-Doo? :D
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options

Simmy-Doo? :D

I second this.
    (For a minute, I thought you were asking who scooby-doo was, @Karilan )
  • Options
    StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member

Conundrum Incoporated
  • Options
    Simmy-Doo and Conundrum Inc. sound great! Thanks! :lol:

I was also thinking "The Solve Problem Crew" to make it sound like they're ripping off a group's name
  • Options

I was also thinking "The Solve Problem Crew" to make it sound like they're ripping off a group's name

What if the title implied that the dog is the mastermind crime solver and he happens to have 4 human side kicks?
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options

What if the title implied that the dog is the mastermind crime solver and he happens to have 4 human side kicks?

I second this notion! (Let me tell you, I've had some really smart dogs. One of them even figured out how to open a baby gate.)
  • Options

How about... "The Amazing Simmy-Doo and the Solve Problem Crew?" :lol:
  • Options

I like this one, it rhymes making slightly more hilarious to me for some reason. :D
  • Options
    Hello again, everyone! Here's another little conundrum that I need help solving.
    9OONujB.jpg?1
    Randulf Penvellyn has just found a dragon egg outside the mausoleum. What should he talk to the egg about? (what you talk to the egg about influences the dragon's color when it hatches, and therefore its abilities.)
    xDragonHeader.jpg.pagespeed.ic.IEP9IkCQQ-.webp

About fire?
    The Red Dragon
    • Can shoot fireballs and make sims dance
    • Can help you raise the athletic skill
    • Maxes hygiene and energy motives while held
    About the weather?
    • Can summon treasure
    • Can harvest all plants on the lot
    • Maxes hunger and bladder motives while held
    About friends and work?
    xPurpleDragon.jpg.pagespeed.ic.th-paVf7V1.webp
    The Purple Dragon
    • Can summon a new friend
    • Can teach charisma skill
    • Maxes social and fun motives while held
    About destroying whales his enemies?
    xBlackDragon.jpg.pagespeed.ic.cRjxcfNcvM.webp
    The Black Dragon
    • Can summon death flowers
    • Can summon ghosts
    • Can turn sims into zombies
    • Can teach your sim logic
    • Maxes hunger and sleep motives while held

source: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/worlds/dragonvalley.php
  • Options

I love the rhyminess of this!
    Hello again, everyone! Here's another little conundrum that I need help solving.
    9OONujB.jpg?1
    Randulf Penvellyn has just found a dragon egg outside the mausoleum. What should he talk to the egg about? (what you talk to the egg about influences the dragon's color when it hatches, and therefore its abilities.)
    xDragonHeader.jpg.pagespeed.ic.IEP9IkCQQ-.webp

About fire?
    The Red Dragon
    • Can shoot fireballs and make sims dance
    • Can help you raise the athletic skill
    • Maxes hygiene and energy motives while held
    About the weather?
    • Can summon treasure
    • Can harvest all plants on the lot
    • Maxes hunger and bladder motives while held
    About friends and work?
    xPurpleDragon.jpg.pagespeed.ic.th-paVf7V1.webp
    The Purple Dragon
    • Can summon a new friend
    • Can teach charisma skill
    • Maxes social and fun motives while held
    About destroying whales his enemies?
    xBlackDragon.jpg.pagespeed.ic.cRjxcfNcvM.webp
    The Black Dragon
    • Can summon death flowers
    • Can summon ghosts
    • Can turn sims into zombies
    • Can teach your sim logic
    • Maxes hunger and sleep motives while held

source: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/worlds/dragonvalley.php

Personally, I like the weather one, because treasure. :love:
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    Personally, I like the weather one, because treasure. :love:

Huh, that might be kinda neat! I always like playing gardener characters.