Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer:
    * Wow ESS seems to have a little temper, but he's popular with the ladies!

@Mikezumi:
    * I love how you play - from sending Beau to the bookstore to buy pregnancy books to stopping him from finishing the book before Lotta rolled the wish for him to read a book. Very smart! Great update!
    * Beau and Lotta are a cute couple! <3
    * I love your quick little townie makeovers - haha - brilliant!
    * Aww how sweet of Beau to make Lotta cookies!
    * At least she was in the shower when her water broke :mrgreen:
    * Tristram - that's a cute name. How is he a human? That's strange
    * I definitely need that painting mod - I love what your Sims painted. Have you gone through all the available pictures with the mod?

@RuYina: Welcome back!

@Silverofdreams30:
    * I'm so in love with the hairs that you give your tots!

@CravenLestat:
    * Love your updates!

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited June 2017
    Well, folks , it looks like my top alphabet row of my qwerty keyboard on the laptop has gone completely and I'm unable to type anything with the keyboard that requires the use of the top key. As you can see, this reduces me to hunt and peck speeds. As a person who types at 63wpm, the awkwardness of "hunt n' peck" typing drives me plumming crazy. I have tried to attach a USB keyboard to the laptop, but it just makes the whole situation awkward but I'm going to try to function with that right now just so that I don't have to spend the whole day typing out what I'm going to say. I'm going to try to the CPU fan fixed this week. in hopes that I can transfer the whole thing over to my fixed desktop. However I'm not holding out hopes for the finances to be able to accommodate that this week or even this month for that matter.

We have a vehicle that needs to be detailed on the inside because due to moisture in the vehicle, there's crud growing in it - namely mold. Plus on top of that it's inoperable - we have a rad that needs fixing and a parasitic electric bleed so those two things need to get fixed to get the car road-worthy. That's going to be a $1600+ job, not including the mold problem which will need to get dealt with before we can even considering getting INTO the vehicle. That's what happens when you park a car and don't air it out every so often. So, yes, there's other things clamoring for the income right now...and the computer just gets shoved down the list of things to do because the other things are a necessity; namely the vehicle.

So anyways, that will explain why Sims story updates will temporarily come to a screeching halt for the time being.

I will keep checking in periodically on the Sims forum and comment from time to time.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Jonathan went on a date with his love interest Darleen Matlapin.

It started out promising. They went to the theatre and saw a film, and then watched the stars in front of the theatre.

yXLYLlV.jpg

lAwuBGD.jpg

249jPq1.jpg

Then they kissed...

h6n4d6D.jpg

But when Jonathan ended the date (he was hungry and sleepy), it turned out it had been terrible!

xGVyjj1.png
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @emorrill , @Mikezumi , @bekkasan and anyone else interested...Chapter 11 of Misunderstood is up in the stories section.

:smiley:
  • Options
    Poor Gunther, he's in tree jail.....

I resetsim him to stop the 3 hours of foot stomping.

Screenshot-3342_zpshhf3cuzr.jpg
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@cravenlestat Great update. Looks like y'all had a fun date. lol at Jared still a Simbot.

@Nikkei_Simmer Sorry to hear about the keyboard problem. Do understand the money issues and yes, somethings come first....like two new tires for the car and new bearings in the front wheel. Kinda pricey! :( Will look forward to your stories when you can.

@PalmArrow Poor Jonathan, didn't look like they were having a bad date watching stars. Some dates are hard to please.

@Charlottesmom I caught your update. Terrific! :) Love the pic of Gunther in 'tree jail'. How in the world did he get in? lol
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @bekkasan Thank you they have jsut aged up to kids but I will post those screens tomorrow,
    oh and Ava feels sick from something weird I wonder what she had for dinner lol. No shes expecting too.
    Not moved the older kids out yet as I needed to place more houses.
  • Options
    :) Left tons of Likes/Awesomes, even that took me almost an hour as I was reading everything too.

Wish I could comment on everything but will leave some feedback tomorrow.

@bekkasan , @mycami21 , @Mikezumi , Thank you for commenting on my story, glad you guys are enjoying it. :smiley:

@bekkasan , Not sure how Gunther got in there, he is the second Sim I found in there. Dummy Sims!!! :s
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    Hi been one of those days. Finally got my next chapter up. 19 chapters and counting. Been making a list of items I want to order from Walmart. Cat stuff, movies, Sims 4 games, and music. First to get my Fingerhut paid off.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Page 1597

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you and great update :) Your toddlers are also very cute :)

@PalmArrow Thanks for the lovely comments :) The science machine has some cute animations :)
    I was thinking Beau should check out the beach at night but I haven't had a chance yet with them getting set up in the new town and then having a baby as soon as they settled in!
    Tristram has Lotta's eyes but the rest seems to be all Beau :)
    Cute pics of Jonathan and Darleen's date :)
    I love the shadows! I should take some night time pics of my sims :)
    Sorry the date didn't go well :(

@RyYina Welcome back. Looking forward to seeing what happens in your game :)

@bekkasan Thanks for the lovely comments :)
    I think Cary must have the coward trait.
    I was a little sad that Tristram is human but they can try again :)

@CravenLestat Your SS went back for 3 more kisses!? :o Shameless! ;)
    LOL at the clown makeup!
    I will see if I can find Lealani.
    I hate how many pics you need to take before getting one without duplicates! Congrats on getting a great one :)
    LOL at simbot Jared :p

@Charlottesmom That would have been a little awkward! I don't think I have ever asked a stranger if I could take their pic!

@aricarai Thanks for the lovely comments :)
    I am all about the wishes and am pretty good at remembering what triggers what wishes so that I can grant as many as possible :)
    You would love the painting replacement mod! A lot of the paintings are trait related so I am looking forward to seeing Beau's. I once played a neurotic sim who painted and he also did some great ones.
    I doubt I will see all the available paintings as I don't play all traits. There are over 1,500 different paintings with the mod.

@Nikkei_Simmer Sorry about your keyboard problem :(
    You should start a Go Fund Me! People seem to ask for money for every little thing these days! ;)

@Charlottesmom Thanks for the heads up. I have visited your story thread and left a comment :)
    LOL at Gunther in jail! Sims can get stuck in funny places!
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    @Mikezumi; I actually found a friend who will help me with replacing the rad, with cost of parts plus some labor involved; that and he's well versed in vehicle mechanics so he might be able to find that parasitic electrical bleed. So it'll only cost my wife and I the cost of the rad and some labor. He said he'd also do the detailing too to get that mold out of the vehicle, so hopefully I should be able to get that car back on the road...soon.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    Page 1597

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you and great update :) Your toddlers are also very cute :)

@PalmArrow Thanks for the lovely comments :) The science machine has some cute animations :)
    I was thinking Beau should check out the beach at night but I haven't had a chance yet with them getting set up in the new town and then having a baby as soon as they settled in!
    Tristram has Lotta's eyes but the rest seems to be all Beau :)
    Cute pics of Jonathan and Darleen's date :)
    I love the shadows! I should take some night time pics of my sims :)
    Sorry the date didn't go well :(

@RyYina Welcome back. Looking forward to seeing what happens in your game :)

@bekkasan Thanks for the lovely comments :)
    I think Cary must have the coward trait.
    I was a little sad that Tristram is human but they can try again :)

@CravenLestat Your SS went back for 3 more kisses!? :o Shameless! ;)
    LOL at the clown makeup!
    I will see if I can find Lealani.
    I hate how many pics you need to take before getting one without duplicates! Congrats on getting a great one :)
    LOL at simbot Jared :p

@Charlottesmom That would have been a little awkward! I don't think I have ever asked a stranger if I could take their pic!

@aricarai Thanks for the lovely comments :)
    I am all about the wishes and am pretty good at remembering what triggers what wishes so that I can grant as many as possible :)
    You would love the painting replacement mod! A lot of the paintings are trait related so I am looking forward to seeing Beau's. I once played a neurotic sim who painted and he also did some great ones.
    I doubt I will see all the available paintings as I don't play all traits. There are over 1,500 different paintings with the mod.

@Nikkei_Simmer Sorry about your keyboard problem :(
    You should start a Go Fund Me! People seem to ask for money for every little thing these days! ;)

@Charlottesmom Thanks for the heads up. I have visited your story thread and left a comment :)
    LOL at Gunther in jail! Sims can get stuck in funny places!

Holy moly - remind me of the painting mod again? That sounds amazing!
  • Options
    @aricarai You can find the mod HERE
    If you do use it, you can't help but fall in love with it :)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @aricarai You can find the mod HERE
    If you do use it, you can't help but fall in love with it :)

Downloading it now! Thank you so much <3

Edit: Was the download time long for you? It's skipping between 1 to 5 hours :flushed:

Edit again: it downloaded. Probably my internet
  • Options
    mycami21mycami21 Posts: 752 Member
    I am NOT a morning person. I had to get up early today to goto the store and have wanted to go back to bed ever since. So I will have to wait to try and catch up with comments until tomorrow. I will also try to answer all PM's tomorrow as well.

I currently have 1 -33 posted in the Werewolf Challenge thread. Since all I have to do is proofread everything I'll try to get a few more days posted next.

Because I'm still updating that thread, I'll put this post in a spoiler for those that have been following my story there.
    Werewolf Challenge day 41

Starting Simoleons $26184
    Skills:
    Sakura Painting level 8, Cooking level 5, Writing level 5
    Stephen Handiness level 8, Guitar level 6, Artisan level 4, Gambling 1
    Samuel Logic1, Painting 3, Writing 3

The day starts with Stephen writing a check to pay the bills worth $439 and Sakura recycling the old newspaper.

35185647161_5d531e65c7_c.jpg

After Samuel heads off to school, Sakura starts work on the 10th painting for her opportunity from the Doo Peas Corporation while Stephen heads over to the arcade. Once there Stephen transforms.

35275488516_45772ef929_c.jpg

35148730702_8cabb7b7a7_c.jpg

I had been forgetting that Ste[hen needs to turn 5 Sims into werewolves as part of his LTW. So I had decided to see how many could be turned today. My only rule is that the sim being bitten must have a negative trait.

1st up Angel Lobos Schmoozer

35275501706_2bacd87894_c.jpg

35148724412_1477373d19_c.jpg

34505329923_8037fda50a_c.jpg

2nd up Ma Bagley Hot Headed, Snob

34505321223_f98da8b97c_c.jpg

35275478016_cec5628dfb_c.jpg

35275478016_cec5628dfb_c.jpg

Stephen doesn't want the new members of his pack to be mad at him so after successfully biting Ma, Stephen apologizes to her.

35185605171_5e55cfa81a_c.jpg

Stephen also meets new neighbor Katrina Song.

35275469736_4dd2e30eaf_c.jpg

While Stephen is pack hunting with Flo Broke, I check on Samuel (Who just got home from school). He had just changed into a prince costume. I tell Sam he has to do his homework BEFORE he can play.

35275466386_1cc3e1d7a7_c.jpg

34505301073_8feff4e870_c.jpg

35275458476_f20d5c43fd_c.jpg

"I'll slay that evil dragon. !!!!!"

35148688542_66659b5216_c.jpg

"Gentle subjects, I have saved the kingdom once again."

35148685032_7c11fed91f_c.jpg

Next time I check on Stephen, he and Flo have finished their hunt and are dancing.

34505287143_52ff74f310_c.jpg

Hunting stats
    Platinum, Mercury, Japanese Beetle, Geode

Sakura finishes her painting. It's brilliant and worth $735.

34927954810_e75823506d_c.jpg

She heads over to the Doo Peas Corp to turn in the paintings. They give Sakura 12,000 simoleons for her trouble.

34927952100_23eed8b888_c.jpg

It's getting late in the day and Samuel has school in the morning so he goes to bed.

34927948000_2bc95f2cab_c.jpg

Stephen returns home, gets a shower, and after changing into his jammies plays the guitar a bit before going to bed.

34472157814_f1e40461fd_c.jpg

Baby Bump

34927942950_a36a5eb24a_c.jpg

35185556221_c4e5a5afc3_c.jpg
    ending stats:
    Ending Simoleons $39644
    Skills:
    Sakura Painting level 8, Cooking level 5,Writing level 5
    Stephen Handiness level 8, Guitar level 6, Artisan level 4, Gambling 1
    Samuel Logic 1, Painting 3, Writing 3
    Consignment items sold $1353
    Successful Cursed bites Sakura 1 Stephen 4
    Money made by writing (Sakura)- $did not write today
    (Samuel)- $did not write today
    Objects found during Pack Hunt (Stephen) $10784 /$40,000

Added photo while I was looking around town after everyone went to sleep, I saw Crimson at the fishing spot I had created.

34472140224_86a4f9dd5d_c.jpg
    Daily Deal Thread
    What Happened in your game today? 1000 plus pages strong.

Pictures and descriptions of the Clue characters and of Boddy mansion I created can be found here

Stephen and Sakura's Werewolf/building challenge

My Studio
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,122 Member
    Hey everyone. I'm a depressive mess today... :( (Not sure exactly what triggered it, but...) I just don't have motivation to do anything so, no feedback from me today. Sorry...

I do have to say that @MIkezumi I am super LOVING your Beau and Lotta story and I am sorry you didn't get the ghost baby you wanted. :( {{{Hugs}}} Keep it going though! It's great!! (Of course it will be nice to see more Nevan, Brogan and the others as well <3 ).

@Silverofdreams30 @CravenLestat @bekkasan @Nikkei_Simmer @mycami21 @PalmArrow @Charlottesmom @msbeckycat I enjoyed your updates and sweet comments to me as well. <3

If I missed any of the rest of you, sorry. :pensive: Just know that I read each and every update and give out Likes and Awesomes. :) You all are what makes this thread so wonderful! <3

I'm hoping to get out of this funk soon so I can focus on Sam's story again and...spend time with daughter and get some much needed housework done. :neutral:

Happy Simming.
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    mycami21mycami21 Posts: 752 Member
    @emorrill We'll be here when your feeling better. {{{HUGS}}}
    Daily Deal Thread
    What Happened in your game today? 1000 plus pages strong.

Pictures and descriptions of the Clue characters and of Boddy mansion I created can be found here

Stephen and Sakura's Werewolf/building challenge

My Studio
  • Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    @emorrill -- Great Sam update. Can't wait to see what comes next!

@Mikezumi -- Love your Sunlit Tides story... And seeing more of the world! Penelope and Connor were there for a week or so for their wedding/honeymoon, but I didn't get much of a chance to really explore around. :)

@Charlottesmom -- Off to read more about Jared and fam!

A lot to catch up on, so kept my comments short. But spread awesomes around. :)
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,122 Member
    @mycami21 and @OriginalMara Thank you <3 {{{Hugs}}}
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    PatchouliNittPatchouliNitt Posts: 78 Member
    Gen 2 is moving to the University. I have no idea what she'll be doing there.
    39edf25f4f3d48e6b489772a75136841.gif?ssl=1&w=450
    Check out my simlit here: Chronicles of Patchouli's Sims
  • Options
    LimeLime Posts: 2 New Member
    One of my sims coworkers was hitting on him so I talked with her and found out she was dating another sim. Now I could of done the right thing and turned her down and woohooed with my housekeeper instead, but no, I stole her! I married her and took the dog too XD

They had a kid who later moved out, and while I was going to send him to check on them, they had a pet adoption sign up and I was like what?? So I get there and they have another dog! I didn't buy that dog! Where did he get this dog from and why does it have stars on it!?
  • Options
    Page 1598

@mycami21 I wouldn't have said schmoozer was a bad trait! Poor Angel :(;)
    Ma Bagley totally deserves it!
    How cute that Stephen apologized afterwards :)
    Yep, homework first! I make sure my kids do theirs before play!
    Sam makes an adorable prince :)
    Wow! Sakura did well from the paintings! Although my sims paint all the time, I don't think I would have the staying power for a 10 painting opportunity!
    Awwww baby bump <3
    Lovely photo of Crimson at the fishing spot :)

@emorrill I am sorry you feeling down at the moment :( I hope you feel better soon *hugs*
    I don't know how long I can play Lotta and Beau because female/male pairings don't suit me but I do want to try for a ghost or hybrid baby! Thanks :)

@OriginalMara Thanks :) I am finding it hard locating the various shops and services around town as I am so used to SV which is like "home" to me but am enjoying the beauty of the world :)

@PatchouliNitt Have fun at uni with your sim :)

@Lime Glad you took the dog as well ;) Sims you don't control will often get pets. I have no idea why it has stars on it as I only played Pets for a short time a while back. Welcome to the thread and the forum :)
  • Options
    @CravenLestat I found Lealani today. I got a pop up that she had aged up to teen. At least I think this is the right Lealani.
    35189986402_d3e22fe5dc_b.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top