Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Packs Going Back To Only One New Gameplay Object?

Comments

• Options
    Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    Callum2000 wrote: »
    So the official trailer for the Fitness Stuff is out and there's only one new gameplay object again (the climbing wall) which to be honest, I was a little disappointed about. There is so much potential gameplay they could have included in a "fitness" pack. I know they don't have a large budget for SP's but in my opinion a climbing wall doesn't seem enough? The last SP also only had one new gameplay object and that pack actually ended up being my least favourite SP (I liked them all up until that point). I feel like the SP's are starting to go down hill again which is a shame because I think after Cook Kitchen they started to get really good.

To be fair, the climbing wall does seem to have a few different options but they seem unnecessary to me. Why spend the resources making a climbing wall that flips around and shoots out fire instead of using those resources to make a second gameplay object? I would have been perfectly happy and preferred it if the climbing wall was just a simple climbing wall your sims went up and down, and also have something like a bench press as another gameplay object. That's just my opinion on it though :)
    Not trying to invalidate your disappointment, but I don't get the point about "one gameplay object." I thought most SPs had one gameplay object?

In fact, let's go down the list:

Luxury Party: Drinking Fountain (1)
    Perfect Patio: Hot tub (1)
    Cool Kitchen: Ice cream maker (1)
    Spooky Stuff: Pumpkin Carving Station (1)
    Movie Hangout: Popcorn Maker (1)
    Romantic Garden: Wishing Well (1)... I feel like there was something else maybe? I forget
    Kids Room: Puppet Show (1) and Voidcritter Battle Station (1), so (2) total
    Backyard Stuff: Water slip 'n' slide (1)
    Vintage Glamour: Vanity Table (1)
    Bowling Night: Bowling Alley (1)
    Fitness Stuff: Climbing Wall (1)

So if I'm not mistaken, Kids Room Stuff is actually the only one that introduced more than one gameplay object?

I will say that a wider variety of fitness objects more appeals to me than an extremely detailed climbing/treadmill wall. But that is just my impression from the trailer. Perhaps it'll look more charming in gameplay vids and such.

The first few Stuff Packs only had one gameplay object, yes. But that started to change after Cool Kitchen when Stuff Packs started to get a lot of complaints.
    Spooky Stuff had the pumpkin carving station as well as the candy bowl with its own animations that scares sims.
    Romantic Garden did have the wishing well, but it also had the fountain sims could sit on and play in.
    Backyard Stuff had the most - the slip 'n' slide, that juice tray, and a bird feeder.
    I'm just starting to notice that they have been going back to one gameplay object. I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing - I think Vintage Glamour turned out really well with the one gameplay object because they reintroduced the butler. But Bowling Stuff left a bad taste in my mouth as I don't think the bowling was detailed enough to be the only gameplay in that stuff pack, in my opinion. I just don't want it to be a similar situation with Fitness Stuff :)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited June 2017
    So the official trailer for the Fitness Stuff is out and there's only one new gameplay object again (the climbing wall) which to be honest, I was a little disappointed about. There is so much potential gameplay they could have included in a "fitness" pack. I know they don't have a large budget for SP's but in my opinion a climbing wall doesn't seem enough? The last SP also only had one new gameplay object and that pack actually ended up being my least favourite SP (I liked them all up until that point). I feel like the SP's are starting to go down hill again which is a shame because I think after Cook Kitchen they started to get really good.

To be fair, the climbing wall does seem to have a few different options but they seem unnecessary to me. Why spend the resources making a climbing wall that flips around and shoots out fire instead of using those resources to make a second gameplay object? I would have been perfectly happy and preferred it if the climbing wall was just a simple climbing wall your sims went up and down, and also have something like a bench press as another gameplay object. That's just my opinion on it though :)
    Not trying to invalidate your disappointment, but I don't get the point about "one gameplay object." I thought most SPs had one gameplay object?

Romantic Garden: Wishing Well (1)... I feel like there was something else maybe? I forget

So if I'm not mistaken, Kids Room Stuff is actually the only one that introduced more than one gameplay object?

I will say that a wider variety of fitness objects more appeals to me than an extremely detailed climbing/treadmill wall. But that is just my impression from the trailer. Perhaps it'll look more charming in gameplay vids and such.

The first few Stuff Packs only had one gameplay object, yes. But that started to change after Cool Kitchen when Stuff Packs started to get a lot of complaints.
    Spooky Stuff had the pumpkin carving station as well as the candy bowl with its own animations that scares sims.
    Romantic Garden did have the wishing well, but it also had the fountain sims could sit on and play in.
    Backyard Stuff had the most - the slip 'n' slide, that juice tray, and a bird feeder.
    I'm just starting to notice that they have been going back to one gameplay object. I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing - I think Vintage Glamour turned out really well with the one gameplay object because they reintroduced the butler. But Bowling Stuff left a bad taste in my mouth as I don't think the bowling was detailed enough to be the only gameplay in that stuff pack, in my opinion. I just don't want it to be a similar situation with Fitness Stuff :)

Vintage Glamour also has the Globe Bar -- I use that in quite a few of my houses, especially in home offices. And Luxury Party had the fountains and the buffet tables that you can stock with food (plus the recipes were added for Sims to make at home). And while they're not technically "new" objects, the ear buds and TV videos could be considered new gameplay, especially the videos.

I wasn't aware that children could play with makeup away from the table until one of my boys whipped out a compact and gave himself powder and eye shadow, the latter in a nice shade of blue that matched his eyes. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2017

Did you forget Vintage glamour had lots more than just a butler -how about the make up table for one. The globe bar for another. I forget what else but seems there were a couple other usable items. The Backyard stuff also had the bird feeder, the chimes, the pitchers of cold drinks, the light up flower pinwheels among other things. You guys are just missing really looking at everything. Like how could you miss that huge movie screen and movie among other thing in the Movie Hangout. It even suggested the movie screen and movies were the main attraction and all you noticed is the popcorn maker?

Cool kitchen had new appliances in lots of colors and also made the dish washer available which they did even give us free even if you did not get cool kitchens - it was actually made for that pack. Luxury party also had the round buffet table which I love other wise we'd have no buffet table that instantly serves a lot of different foods at once. No work involved. Why is that overlooked?

I think you all need to look at these packs better.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    You can put all of the blame on me for attempting to remember half from a wiki at 3 in the morning.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    You can put all of the blame on me for attempting to remember half from a wiki at 3 in the morning.

LOL - I have the packs so it was easy for me as I make use of most everything. I have 35 households I play in rotation and many are different than the rest. I like to experience everything - lol - so most things have at least had a placement in one household and used. Some get a lot of use while others not so much. LOL. But using all the stuff you see what it provides and easier to remember. I actually really enjoy the Sims 4 sps - much more than sps in Sims 2 and 3 - and I love both of those games a lot too - but Sims 4 sps are really amazing - to me anyway.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,407 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    And yes yes, I hear people typing their responses now: "But u didn't include the Sims 3 store!11!" Yeah, neither did EA/Maxis for Sims 4. Yknow why? Cause it wasn't selling. How many people here actually ever bought from it? It was too obvious of a rip-off. Fast forward to now and people proudly praise Sims 4 for it's lack of a store, but no one ever seems to address this mysteriously highly accelerated SP release rate. The difference is we now pay them for content we once turned down.

Lol, let's conveniently ignore the store because it couldn't possibly be selling. The same store that EA kept a separate team to develop for more than 5 years (from TS3's release to August 2014, longer than the either EP or SP development). The same store that only released 11 worlds, because people couldn't possibly be buying them. The same store that has 1.9 million discussion posts on our forum (twice of much as the EP forum), because clearly no one cared about them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they still made plenty.

But why do you think The Sims 4 doesn't have a store? You think that was a move they did out of the goodness of their hearts or something, or someone figured out that in one way or another, the store was not worth sustaining onto the next project?

I think TS4 has no store because they found no way to integrate it into Origin. SPs are the replacement for the store sets.
  • Options

LOL - I have the packs so it was easy for me as I make use of most everything. I have 35 households I play in rotation and many are different than the rest. I like to experience everything - lol - so most things have at least had a placement in one household and used. Some get a lot of use while others not so much. LOL. But using all the stuff you see what it provides and easier to remember. I actually really enjoy the Sims 4 sps - much more than sps in Sims 2 and 3 - and I love both of those games a lot too - but Sims 4 sps are really amazing - to me anyway.
    That would explain you knowing them so well, haha. :) I think I've used every gameplay addition I have at least once, but I tend to gravitate toward reusing the same ones a lot and leave many of them abandoned for a while.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Not me - I figured I paid for it, I'm going to use it. Should have seen me in Sims 3 - as I also owned the store - all free items, all the pre-order items, all the packs they ever made - yes even Katy Perry pack - and trying to use everything was a mission. I once spent over 6 months remaking Sunset valley, and making sure just about every thing was in it only to find out the water was too shallow to add dive spots - so I had to start over - so I redid IP and actually ran out of room even with all the island opened. LOL. Believe me - I USE EVERYTHING.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Not me - I figured I paid for it, I'm going to use it. Should have seen me in Sims 3 - as I also owned the store - all free items, all the pre-order items, all the packs they ever made - yes even Katy Perry pack - and trying to use everything was a mission. I once spent over 6 months remaking Sunset valley, and making sure just about every thing was in it only to find out the water was too shallow to add dive spots - so I had to start over - so I redid IP and actually ran out of room even with all the island opened. LOL. Believe me - I USE EVERYTHING.
    Lol, nice.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,398 Member
    Terra wrote: »
    @SimGuruGraham - Does a Sim going back and forth on a swingset really eat up more animation budget than the multiple exaggerated animations of the rock wall?

Yep, it sure does. Same goes for lounge chairs. Same goes for picnic blankets. Those are all objects that would require different Sim "postures" - which are essentially the base pose that we animate Sims from while using an object. These objects are also ones where we'd want Sims to be able to multitask with socialization, and a new posture would require a ton of animation work to support socializing. While supporting multitasking with socializing would be the bulk of the work, there are some other animation issues we'd need to solve for swings specifically that take it out of the realm of things we'd consider in a Stuff Pack.

As long as these objects could still be done in a Gamepack or Expansion. I want all of them.
  • Options
    @SimGuruGraham - Does a Sim going back and forth on a swingset really eat up more animation budget than the multiple exaggerated animations of the rock wall?

Yep, it sure does. Same goes for lounge chairs. Same goes for picnic blankets. Those are all objects that would require different Sim "postures" - which are essentially the base pose that we animate Sims from while using an object. These objects are also ones where we'd want Sims to be able to multitask with socialization, and a new posture would require a ton of animation work to support socializing. While supporting multitasking with socializing would be the bulk of the work, there are some other animation issues we'd need to solve for swings specifically that take it out of the realm of things we'd consider in a Stuff Pack.

As long as these objects could still be done in a Gamepack or Expansion. I want all of them.

Also Graham would hammocks fall into that category? I'm guessing they would.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    elelunicy wrote: »
    And yes yes, I hear people typing their responses now: "But u didn't include the Sims 3 store!11!" Yeah, neither did EA/Maxis for Sims 4. Yknow why? Cause it wasn't selling. How many people here actually ever bought from it? It was too obvious of a rip-off. Fast forward to now and people proudly praise Sims 4 for it's lack of a store, but no one ever seems to address this mysteriously highly accelerated SP release rate. The difference is we now pay them for content we once turned down.

Lol, let's conveniently ignore the store because it couldn't possibly be selling. The same store that EA kept a separate team to develop for more than 5 years (from TS3's release to August 2014, longer than the either EP or SP development). The same store that only released 11 worlds, because people couldn't possibly be buying them. The same store that has 1.9 million discussion posts on our forum (twice of much as the EP forum), because clearly no one cared about them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they still made plenty.

But why do you think The Sims 4 doesn't have a store? You think that was a move they did out of the goodness of their hearts or something, or someone figured out that in one way or another, the store was not worth sustaining onto the next project?

I think TS4 has no store because they found no way to integrate it into Origin. SPs are the replacement for the store sets.

Gee then is that meaning we are going to get 11 more huge worlds and amazing hands own shops and resorts like we got in the Sims 3 store in sps then ? Hot dog!!!! Casinos and Farm creatures and Carnival rides and such too? Can hardly wait. I want a Water wheel Tea Cafe and another glass blowing, stained glass, and jewelry maker shop. A Resort to vacation in. Pizza making and bakery ovens. To think much of those thing cost me well over 40 bucks - not 10 bucks like sps do. So that's a Big bargain if sps replace the Sims 3 store. But mainly those amazing worlds I want all 11 again.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    @Jase If you want a pullup bar and are okay with mods, necrodog made one that I like to use.. I've tested it, it makes sims gain fitness, and it has animations that go with it, it is interactive. (: Find it at the bottom of this page: sims4studio.com/thread/7788/necrodogmtsands4s-studio?page=2&scrollTo=78401

@Purrdalecki Thanks for the link, I'll definitely try this out!! :)

• Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member

will if the "stuff packs" can't handle real fleshed out objects i think it's better to cancel them all together and move your team into making a 2nd ep in each year, personally i really find them like the "project" that keep ep from being great because there team were devided and put on working on stuff packs which are really expensive in the long run

So you expect players to pay $40 twice a year for single themes instead of for a variety of content. The beauty of the SPs is that it's a price point that many can afford a lot easier than an EP or even a GP. Skip a couple of lattes from the local coffee place and that comes out close to $10 -- or if you wait you might even get them for less (I got Spooky Stuff for about $7 or so, and I enjoy it for some of the Build items and the three new recipes (I had my Sim make a Zombie cake when her toddler aged up to child). Some of my favorite CAS items have come from packs like Backyard (some good "mom shirts") or Bowling Night. I've used the content from Luxury Party to make some gorgeous wedding venues. I'm still hoping for a Toddler SP to give that age stage more content as well.

that variety of content could wait until their appropriate expansion pack is out, you aren't really receiving them for "cheaper" they do cost 10$ but say you bought four stuff packs which would cost you 40$,which is the price of an expansion pack, thus getting less content for the same price of an expansion pack and a total of four "themes" that doesn't offer you but 1-2 of that theme. and once an expansion pack is out it would be missing that one object that was sold on it's own stuff pack. so why not wait for an expansion that have the theme you want and have that theme be fully fleshed out and pay less in total.

otherwise the store isn't gone it just became the stuff pack which are easier to get a hold of for any sims 4 player while it was harder for sims 3 player to get to that store in any ways they are still ripping us off.

also i wonder how new buyers of sims 4 in the future will feel seeing they have to buy 50 stuff packs costing 500$ to complete there game
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    that variety of content could wait until their appropriate expansion pack is out, you aren't really receiving them for "cheaper" they do cost 10$ but say you bought four stuff packs which would cost you 40$,which is the price of an expansion pack, thus getting less content for the same price of an expansion pack and a total of four "themes" that doesn't offer you but 1-2 of that theme. and once an expansion pack is out it would be missing that one object that was sold on it's own stuff pack. so why not wait for an expansion that have the theme you want and have that theme be fully fleshed out and pay less in total.

otherwise the store isn't gone it just became the stuff pack which are easier to get a hold of for any sims 4 player while it was harder for sims 3 player to get to that store in any ways they are still ripping us off.

also i wonder how new buyers of sims 4 in the future will feel seeing they have to buy 50 stuff packs costing 500$ to complete there game
    I won't defend the price of SPs, but I will defend them in terms of "ripping us off." Although one could argue that if you want every DLC the game offers, you have to buy up the SPs eventually... they are entirely optional (with virtually no "in your face" marketing about them) and because they are such specific, micro themes, that actually makes it easier for people to give them a pass if they aren't interested. Which is to our benefit. Compared to if a theme you really want is stuck inside a $40 EP, but you aren't much into the rest of the EP... we're more often avoiding that particular problem.

Plus there's the bundles factor. That if you wait long enough and wait for the right deals, you can get your SPs as part of a bundle and save some money on it.

I'm not enthused about the $10 price tag, when you compare what an SP provides to what a typical GP or EP provides in sheer amount of content. But I think calling it "ripping us off" isn't being fair. It's very transparent what you're getting and what you're paying for, and I'm not seeing manipulative practices. I think "ripping us off" should be reserved for scenarios that are distinctly anti-customer, not just a situation where the price tag is arguably too high to some people. Otherwise, we can reach a sort of boy-who-cried-wolf point with things where no one listens because everything receives the exact same complaint.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2017

Honestly with stuff packs you KNOW what you're getting up front.

From things like Gamepacks and Expansions it's always a gamble as you probably won't use the majority of stuff in the pack in the least. Stuff packs are just what they say stuff packs. CAS items with some build/buy items plus one or two gameplay items and that's it. Extra content you might want in your game, but not necessary as it'll offer up in just having more variety be it in looks or otherwise. I'm more willing to part with $10 than I am with $40 that may or may not be all that great.

By no means are they ripping you or anyone off as you pretty much can see all of what you're getting up front with it. If someone is willing to pay out $10 for a stuff pack as they like the theme or whatever objects in it then that them and that's more than fine. If you can tell that you think a pack is gonna be not worth your money and really plum then you didn't get ripped off did you? It wasn't for you and you didn't feel like you'd get a lot of use out of it so you passed on it.

They don't HAVE to buy anything. Stuff packs don't complete anything. Much like the Vintage glamour stuff pack I love it, but I feel it fits a certain type of world we don't have at the moment and overall time period, so I don't use much of the clothing opposed to form or night time outfits. Also that's rather invalid--you can look at ALL the Sims series with all their EP's and decide if you want to buy all of them or not to complete your collection not just stuff packs. For someone new to the sims series it probably looks like a lot because of all the DLC that tally's well over $500 or more. So, it probably overwhelming if you're not use to games like that. I just kinda gotta think do I REALLY want a collection of something I don't like? Derp, not really but still not a bad thing if someone else wants to own a complete series.

To some long time players, it almost feels normal and expected with the sims. Only Sim game I never bothered with buying all the EP's or stuff packs was with Sims 3 because I felt some were lacking and didn't feel the need to complete a collection in the least. Not like the sims is the only game to have multiple DLC's.
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »

Honestly with stuff packs you KNOW what you're getting up front.

From things like Gamepacks and Expansions it's always a gamble as you probably won't use the majority of stuff in the pack in the least. Stuff packs are just what they say stuff packs. CAS items with some build/buy items plus one or two gameplay items and that's it. Extra content you might want in your game, but not necessary as it'll offer up in just having more variety be it in looks or otherwise. I'm more willing to part with $10 than I am with $40 that may or may not be all that great.

By no means are they ripping you or anyone off as you pretty much can see all of what you're getting up front with it. If someone is willing to pay out $10 for a stuff pack as they like the theme or whatever objects in it then that them and that's more than fine. If you can tell that you think a pack is gonna be not worth your money and really plum then you didn't get ripped off did you? It wasn't for you and you didn't feel like you'd get a lot of use out of it so you passed on it.

They don't HAVE to buy anything. Stuff packs don't complete anything. Much like the Vintage glamour stuff pack I love it, but I feel it fits a certain type of world we don't have at the moment and overall time period, so I don't use much of the clothing opposed to form or night time outfits. Also that's rather invalid--you can look at ALL the Sims series with all their EP's and decide if you want to buy all of them or not to complete your collection not just stuff packs. For someone new to the sims series it probably looks like a lot because of all the DLC that tally's well over $500 or more. So, it probably overwhelming if you're not use to games like that. I just kinda gotta think do I REALLY want a collection of something I don't like? Derp, not really but still not a bad thing if someone else wants to own a complete series.

To some long time players, it almost feels normal and expected with the sims. Only Sim game I never bothered with buying all the EP's or stuff packs was with Sims 3 because I felt some were lacking and didn't feel the need to complete a collection in the least. Not like the sims is the only game to have multiple DLC's.

Yes, I agree... how can someone be "ripped off" if they know exactly what they're getting in the pack before they part with their money? Now, if it was that they expected the gameplay object to function one way and it was misrepresented and functioned very differently -- that I'd consider being "ripped off." But that doesn't typically apply to SP items.

I love how all the CAS and Build/Buy items for packs are easily presented in game. Also, there are so many livestreams/LPs so that someone can see what they're purchasing up front. (Although personally I like to discover things for myself in game so I usually don't watch livestreams too often.)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,552 Member
    Gee then is that meaning we are going to get 11 more huge worlds and amazing hands own shops and resorts like we got in the Sims 3 store in sps then ? Hot dog!!!! Casinos and Farm creatures and Carnival rides and such too? Can hardly wait. I want a Water wheel Tea Cafe and another glass blowing, stained glass, and jewelry maker shop. A Resort to vacation in. Pizza making and bakery ovens. To think much of those thing cost me well over 40 bucks - not 10 bucks like sps do. So that's a Big bargain if sps replace the Sims 3 store. But mainly those amazing worlds I want all 11 again.
    Ooh, could you imagine some of those worlds recreated for ts4? That would be great!

But I think the point that simmer was making is that stuff packs are generally seen as a replacement for the sims 3 store because there are so many of them - they are popping them out on a regular basis in the same way we had new sets for the store. I'm sure if they went on long enough they could re-sell us casinos, carnival rides and glass blowing etc. They are just about to re-sell us the climbing wall, so why not any of the others?

I have to say that the climbing wall in ts3 was not one of my most-used items, so I am not exactly enthralled with the idea of buying this pack. The objects and clothing don't particularly appeal to me and the earbuds seem to be a quick short-cut addition. Are they just wireless earbuds which have all the complexity of a pair of earrings? Or will they have wiring, an attachment to an ipod or other listening device, a way to select what music is listened to? Maybe they are better than first appearances?

The only thing which appeals to me is the tv work-out, but I'm not sure it is worth buying the pack just for that.
  • Options
    Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member

Did you forget Vintage glamour had lots more than just a butler -how about the make up table for one. The globe bar for another. I forget what else but seems there were a couple other usable items. The Backyard stuff also had the bird feeder, the chimes, the pitchers of cold drinks, the light up flower pinwheels among other things. You guys are just missing really looking at everything. Like how could you miss that huge movie screen and movie among other thing in the Movie Hangout. It even suggested the movie screen and movies were the main attraction and all you noticed is the popcorn maker?

Cool kitchen had new appliances in lots of colors and also made the dish washer available which they did even give us free even if you did not get cool kitchens - it was actually made for that pack. Luxury party also had the round buffet table which I love other wise we'd have no buffet table that instantly serves a lot of different foods at once. No work involved. Why is that overlooked?

I know those packs also came with those objects and features. If you re-read my comment and the comments I was replying to you would notice I was talking about the objects in the pack that the person I was talking to forgot to mention. I was just adding to the list because the vanity table and movies were already mentioned :)
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I wish we had an SP every month (unless a GP or EP was releasing that month). I miss the Store. I like to change my Sims a lot and I miss getting new clothes and way to decorate every month.
  • Options
    dogboy678dogboy678 Posts: 200 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    Go be a SJW on Tumblr or something, we don't need a beacon of truth and justice here on the forums. We can make up our own minds. It shouldn't bother you so much that people clearly know some animations are recycled and are still wanting to buy the pack seen as it STILL DOES INCLUDE NEW ANIMATIONS.

Lol yes!!!
  • Options
    I'm one of the people that want 3 sps a quarter.
  • Options
    EmperorDittoEmperorDitto Posts: 128 Member
    I feel that only one new game play object is more than fine if it something as great as the wishing well, ice cream machine or the hot tub for example.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    Yes, I agree... how can someone be "ripped off" if they know exactly what they're getting in the pack before they part with their money? Now, if it was that they expected the gameplay object to function one way and it was misrepresented and functioned very differently -- that I'd consider being "ripped off." But that doesn't typically apply to SP items.

I love how all the CAS and Build/Buy items for packs are easily presented in game. Also, there are so many livestreams/LPs so that someone can see what they're purchasing up front. (Although personally I like to discover things for myself in game so I usually don't watch livestreams too often.)

I felt ripped off when the Sims 3 advertised the Night Life trailer having so many sims at a venue when in reality it's usually 0 to 3 and that's even including the NPC's there. I'm just 'DANG GONNA PARTY ALL NIGHT WITH EVERYONE' lol not really. More like I'm gonna just harass the bartender and bouncer :V. THAT'S a feeling of being ripped off. It felt entirely misrepresented to what they 'offered' me up in the trailer and I had bought it with the hopes that it would be like that and it wasn't. Parting with any money that was falsely advertised with X product is a ripoff. :disappointed:

I look at streams, cas overviews for packs a lot as I'm always interested in clothing and hair as well as decor. I'm so very fond of clutter. I take stuff packs with a grain of salt as they are basically 'what you see is what you get' with it as you don't really expecting anything more or less what's given with it. Most stuff packs for the sims 4 range from 40 items to 61 when I was looking through some of them that I had. Think perfect patio was probably like the pack with the lesser stuff in it. Still, that's what 25 cents per item for the lowest pack to equal up to ten dollars and for the higher ones around 60 is like 17 cents per item? I mean you'd think 40 items at a minimum would STILL exceed $20 considering premium items are usually the priciest out of the bunch when you compare it to the store.

I like seeing the rooms tailored to certain packs. Helps when I'm feeling uncreative to make one myself. XD

Stuff packs are what they are up front. Stuff which follows the formula of some CAS items, build/buy items, and one main gameplay feature with a possible smaller one or two added with it and that's it. Nothing game changing for my sims lives.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited June 2017

...Dude are you serious? That's the only reason we don't have swings and lounge chairs yet? Sims have been talking while swinging and lounging since TS2. Just reuse those animations if you really think being able to socialize on them is more important than having them..

You guys really don't have to waste your time making every single aspect of our Sims lives social. We have more than enough of that. It's okay to make some things without multitasking and socialization in mind. I promise
    rochelimit wrote: »
    @SimGuruGraham These are some of the best animators in game industry

Okay, yes they're good. But let's not get crazy XD