Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Packs Going Back To Only One New Gameplay Object?

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2017
    Simanite wrote: »
    Terra wrote: »
    Thanks very much for the answer @SimGuruGraham - I can appreciate that and am now much less salty about the rock wall. :P

@DeservedCriticism - Working out with fitness videos isn't really comparable to the movies from Movie Hangout - it's not the stuff on the screen that's new gameplay, but the animation for the Sim working out. Watching a movie reused TV animations and relied on TS3 for the material on the films, whereas there's new animation like jumps and dance moves that come with working out with the TV. I'm actually impressed at how much new animation is in this stuff pack.

Is it?

Go watch the trailer again. The only people I saw watching TV and working out were using recycled dance animations, recycled animations from the Motion Gaming Rig, and maybe ONE slightly altered job animation. Honestly can't tell if that one was new or not. There's nothing new in what we were shown. To speculate they're "hiding" new animations is likewise ridiculous, because presumably if there's new content to show us, then of course they wanna show us. Why show us the recycled stuff and hide the supposed new ones? These very same trailers take special care to equip almost all sims with new clothing and hairstyles to show off as much as possible, but you mean to tell me these workout routines have been hidden from us as if they were nuclear launch codes or something...?

We're the customer. They want to make a sale, so they show us what they've got. When they don't show us, it probably means they don't want us to see. In this case, what we saw was recycled animations.

If you want to pay $10 for recycled animations and defend the idea this actually counts as a new animation, well...don't be surprised when future SPs continue to bleed out features.

OH MY GOSH JUST SERIOUSLY STOP.

Why do you get pleasure from sucking the life and excitement out of everyone? Why can't you let us have our opinions and our excitement? The Gurus obviously have limitations with SPs (heck even EPs have limitations) but they do a brilliant job and are obviously passionate and care about the game.

This SP looks FANTASTIC.

Where's the passion in doing the same thing over and over again? To me, this feels like something they release to pass the time while they work on something more interesting. Sounds lazy to me.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Thanks very much for the answer @SimGuruGraham - I can appreciate that and am now much less salty about the rock wall. :P

@DeservedCriticism - Working out with fitness videos isn't really comparable to the movies from Movie Hangout - it's not the stuff on the screen that's new gameplay, but the animation for the Sim working out. Watching a movie reused TV animations and relied on TS3 for the material on the films, whereas there's new animation like jumps and dance moves that come with working out with the TV. I'm actually impressed at how much new animation is in this stuff pack.

Is it?

Go watch the trailer again. The only people I saw watching TV and working out were using recycled dance animations, recycled animations from the Motion Gaming Rig, and maybe ONE slightly altered job animation. Honestly can't tell if that one was new or not. There's nothing new in what we were shown. To speculate they're "hiding" new animations is likewise ridiculous, because presumably if there's new content to show us, then of course they wanna show us. Why show us the recycled stuff and hide the supposed new ones? These very same trailers take special care to equip almost all sims with new clothing and hairstyles to show off as much as possible, but you mean to tell me these workout routines have been hidden from us as if they were nuclear launch codes or something...?

We're the customer. They want to make a sale, so they show us what they've got. When they don't show us, it probably means they don't want us to see. In this case, what we saw was recycled animations.

If you want to pay $10 for recycled animations and defend the idea this actually counts as a new animation, well...don't be surprised when future SPs continue to bleed out features.

Why do you get pleasure from sucking the life and excitement out of everyone? Why can't you let us have our opinions and our excitement? The Gurus obviously have limitations with SPs (heck even EPs have limitations) but they do a brilliant job and are obviously passionate and care about the game.

This SP looks FANTASTIC.

Have opinions about whether an animation is recycled when FACTUALLY it is?

Yeah dude, excuse me for trying to argue why you deserve better quality from a product. Look at me, real buzzkill trying to talk you out of spending $10 for content you already have.

I'll gladly spend £8 on this pack for the wall and new clothes and build objects which would still make it much better value than any TS3 SP. Who cares if they recycle animations?
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited June 2017
    It's nice to know there will be more gameplay objects in this stuff pack.

But I think the problem for me is the fact the expansion team is not holding their weight, which in turn, does not motivate me to invest in The Sims 4's other DLC offerings. I feel expansions should be much grander than they currently are, and need to add far more content within the game. Until they accomplish that, it's just difficult for me to spend more and more on TS4's packs which offer more 'narrow' and 'specific' content.

Is it?

This SP looks FANTASTIC.

Yeah dude, excuse me for trying to argue why you deserve better quality from a product. Look at me, real buzzkill trying to talk you out of spending $10 for content you already have.

I'll gladly spend £8 on this pack for the wall and new clothes and build objects which would still make it much better value than any TS3 SP. Who cares if they recycle animations?

I do, actually. Recycling animations is what made The Sims 3 feel rushed and unexciting at times.
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

But I think the problem for me is the fact the expansion team is not holding their weight, which in turn, does not motivate me to invest in The Sims 4's other DLC offerings. I feel expansions should be much grander than they currently are, and need to add far more content within the game. Until they accomplish that, it's just difficult for me to spend more and more on TS4's packs which offer more 'narrow' and 'specific' content.

That's why I like SPs and GPs so much though, because all EPs have been disappointing in some way.
  • PrismSimsPrismSims Posts: 74 Member
    [quote="Jase;c-15820825"]In my opinion, the climbing wall is a bit of a disappointment...
    Personally, I would've much preferred to have an exercise bike or pull up bar instead of another oversized object. Luckily, I really like the style of the new furniture and décor objects. So, I still plan on getting it.. just not nearly as excited as I was before the trailer.
    [/quote]

I agree with this. I like smaller footprint items and double points if that item can multi-task.
  • PrismSimsPrismSims Posts: 74 Member
    [quote="NeonHighways;c-15820937"]It may be one gameplay object, but it also has many features that more than make up for an extra gameplay object. I think earbuds and tv workout is more useful than an excercise bike for example. That might still come, but tv workout has been requested and was missing for a long time![/quote]

The earbuds are the best thing in this new pack imo.

That's why I like SPs and GPs so much though, because all EPs have been disappointing in some way.

I definitely feel the SPs and GPs better fulfill their purpose. EPs have been disappointing for me, too. I still consider GTW and its horribly uninspired gameplay the worst Sims expansion out of the franchise (with Showtime VERY closely behind it). Get Together and City Living also feel like they should have just offered much more interesting gameplay, with plenty of replay value.
  • Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    edited June 2017

I definitely feel the SPs and GPs better fulfill their purpose. EPs have been disappointing for me, too. I still consider GTW and its horribly uninspired gameplay the worst Sims expansion out of the franchise (with Showtime VERY closely behind it). Get Together and City Living also feel like they should have just offered much more interesting gameplay, with plenty of replay value.

This is why I'm struggling to get excited about pets. I want a Pets EP so bad but if it ends up being as lacklustre as the previous EP's I know it won't be as detailed as I would hope. If Get Together, an EP about partying and going out, City Living, an expansion about exploring the city with apartments and festivals feel lacking in gameplay, what could they possibly do with (potentially only) "cats and dogs" to make it feel more detailed? I'm just keeping my expectations in check lol
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited June 2017

Is it?

This SP looks FANTASTIC.

You talk to people like they're too simple to make decisions for themselves. No offence, but while most times you do have a point, the general tone of your comments tend to make people go on the defensive and this actually counters whatever point you're trying to make.
    Yes, a lot of the animations are recycled..that was the first thing I noticed when watching the trailer. The wall climbing object isn't too impressive either. It looks like a pack I'm not getting after all. Still, remember one important thing; You can't force people to your way of thinking because everyone has different tastes. Just give your feedback (but please no lengthy walls of text because very few people even take time to read those...kidding! :p ) and if you wish to pass on the pack, by all means do so.
    Please not I'm not yelling at you or anything..just some friendly advice.

@Teslachick2

I'm not trying to force anyone. I mean you can check the history of the thread: I stated my opinion, someone said the TV comes with loads of new animations, and that's FACTUALLY incorrect so I called them out on it, now someone else is outraged at me for acknowledging reality. If someone said "well I think the rockclimbing wall looks great," fine, but don't sit here and plumming rewrite reality in attempt to defend this thing. When people are rewriting reality or claim it's "their OPINION" these aren't recycled, that's when I've got no doubt in my mind people are personally invested in the success of this product, and no, quite frankly I don't care about whether I convince them or how they perceive me because I don't think it's POSSIBLE to convince someone willing to go this far to defend a product. It's absolutely crazy to me that someone is actually getting mad at me for pointing out that they're purchasing recycled animations they already have, and it's a testament to how ridiculous the defenses of this game and it's packs can get.

As for you, just wanna clarify that sorry if I seem hostile towards you. It's not intended. I get where you're coming from and I think you give sound advice (for most situations), so I appreciate your comment. However, yeah....in this case, I truly don't care. I'm beyond trying to convince people, I'm beyond any of that. I have the impression nothing I say would convince people if they're sincerely arguing why they should pay for the recycled animations they already own. In other threads or other discussions I might take your advice, but here...? I gotta be honest and just say my tolerance for the entire discussion takes a nosedive when it becomes crystal clear the people involved are being irrationally defensive, and I have no shame in saying that either.

As I said: it is a FACT these are recycled animations, and currently we've lowered the bar sooooooooo low that the opposing argument is currently sitting at "how DARE you tell me how to spend my money, I'll pay for the animations I already own if I want to!"

Well dang, how much will you guys pay me if I make a Dance Dance Revolution mod where your Sim sits in front of a TV with DDR stock footage while they cycle through some stock dance animations? C'mon let's hear some bids, I'll start the bidding at $10.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
    edited June 2017
    Go be a SJW on Tumblr or something, we don't need a beacon of truth and justice here on the forums. We can make up our own minds. It shouldn't bother you so much that people clearly know some animations are recycled and are still wanting to buy the pack seen as it STILL DOES INCLUDE NEW ANIMATIONS.
    Post edited by Simanite on
    Callum2000 wrote: »

This is why I'm struggling to get excited about pets. I want a Pets EP so bad but if it ends up being as lacklustre as the previous EP's I know it won't be as detailed as I would hope. If Get Together, an EP about partying and going out, City Living, an expansion about exploring the city with apartments and festivals feel lacking in gameplay, what could they possibly do with (potentially only) "cats and dogs" to make it feel more detailed? I'm just keeping my expectations in check lol

Yeah, and that's a good point. Pets is a concept that has been created in every single Sims game before this one, so it's definitely one of the packs, if returning, that has to really innovate and impress the fans most of all. Given the expansion team's track record though, I'm, like you, not expecting to be impressed.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    I actually saw a woman jumping and running still on a green floor on the trailer, maybe that's the new moves coming with the channel.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
    edited June 2017
    Go be a SJW on Tumblr or something, we need a beacon of truth and justice here on the forums. We can make up our own minds. It shouldn't bother you so much that people clearly know some animations are recycled and are still wanting to buy the pack seen as it STILL DOES INCLUDE NEW ANIMATIONS.

Dude, you wanna be a beacon of truth and justice? Cite your claims, show the new animations. You cannot, because they are recycled animations. I'm giving you the truth and you literally flipped out on me for doing so!!!

There's ONE new jog in place animations that may or may not be new (honestly forget), but I do not believe one new animation is enough to justify that TV workout channel as a "new gameplay object."
    Go be a SJW on Tumblr or something, we need a beacon of truth and justice here on the forums. We can make up our own minds. It shouldn't bother you so much that people clearly know some animations are recycled and are still wanting to buy the pack seen as it STILL DOES INCLUDE NEW ANIMATIONS.

Dude, you wanna be a beacon of truth and justice? Cite your claims, show the new animations. You cannot, because they are recycled animations. I'm giving you the truth and you literally flipped out on me for doing so!!!

There's ONE new jog in place animations that may or may not be new (honestly forget), but I do not believe one new animation is enough to justify that TV workout channel as a "new gameplay object."

I was talking about the new animations on the freakin' wall!

And OMG I meant to write we DON'T need a beacon of truth and justice here. :lol:
  • MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member

This SP looks FANTASTIC.

I'm sorry, but everyone is allowed to have their opinion, positive or negative, I'm getting sick of people like you trashing people that dare not be as happy and excited as you.

Go read the forum rules:

''if someone says they hate The Sims 4, then they have the same right to feel that way and to express that opinion without being afraid that they will be mocked or laughed at.''

That's seriously getting out of hands, I feel like some people either didn't read or don't care about the forum rules/etiquette, and think that only people that love the game are allowed to express themselves. Someone that hate the game have as much right than you to express his opinion.

If you don't like someone's opinion, fine, either counter it or ignore it, telling someone to stop expressing himself cause you don't agree is stupid.

Now back on topic, honestly I'm not disappointed by the pack for the simple fact that I had no expectations, by now I learned that SP are mostly one new item, and then CAS and building items.

I'm not impress by the climbing wall for the fact that to me I don't see that as an everyday object my sims would use, it's something I'd use once or twice, and that's it. I saw a lot of people that was wishing for new exercises machines, but I had the feeling we wouldn't get any, the earbuds is nothing game changing to me, Sims can already listen to music no matter what they do, you just need a radio, and God knows Sims always listen to music when you have a radio in the house. The ''workout'' in front of the TV did look more like a sim dancing to me, maybe there's different workouts, but to me the one we saw just did look like dancing. I didn't pay attention to the CAS or building items.

Honestly if I was someone hoping for new exercise machines I would have been really disappointed with what we saw in the trailer.

But hey we'll see during the stream if there's more to it than what we saw in the trailer.
    gCQKjq4.png

You do realize this forum records post history, right? This is when a user made a false claim the TV workout had new animations, this is where I responded, and this is where you jumped on my back for pointing out the TV workout animations are recycled. Pretty odd behavior for someone allegedly only arguing about the freakin' wall, wouldn't you say? I mean you're claiming you just randomly jumped on me about wall animations when I wasn't even discussing that. Also funny...You even state "who cares if animations are recycled?" yet now you claim you meant the wall?

Stop. You're digging yourself a deeper hole, and it's embarassing to watch.

This is precisely my point. When people are so defensive about a game that....someone can respond to me making a factually false claim, all I do is point out that it's false, and you flip out completely and start yelling at me? Then when I hold my ground, you start claiming none of that ever happened and you were arguing something else the whole time....?

It is not normal to be this defensive over a game. There's a study I often reference, and it's very appropriate here: a study on consumer-brand relationships found that sometimes when a beloved brand fails, people subconsciously process that in the exact same fashion they would a personal failure. They get defensive, they deny the failure, they act with the some hostility they might respond with when someone personally insults them....any of that sound familiar...? Thing is none of this is neccesary. I stated the truth, I made a very valid complaint about "new" features of this pack. Why get mad at me for this? That's my right to do so, and often constructive criticism can help better a product. Yet here you are, arguing tooth and nail, and now just absolutely refusing to admit you were wrong to the point that you're now lying to my face about what your intentions were.

I don't expect that to change, really, but I would absolutely encourage you to take a step back from your keyboard, sit a minute and just think why you care so much and why you're so personally invested in this. Remember: I did not start this. You did. My "crime" is that when someone spoke to me and said something completely false, I said "hey, did u kno that's completely false?" There was no reason for you to get so upset with me over that, and no reason for you to sit here and pretend it didn't happen when I call you out on it. So ask yourself why that happened and if perhaps you might be a tad TOO defensive of this pack. It's not the end of the world if this pack is bad or it's a commercial failure. That could very well be a wake-up call to STOP recycling animations and claiming it counts as a "new gameplay object," then quality increases for consumers like you and I? That's a win, right? You bet it is. So why the hostility towards me...?
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member

here's the thing. this deserved criticism person, isn't going to change. that name says it all. he will criticize everything. so what's in your control: don't engage. let him be. it's easier and doesn't derail threads
    orkhid22 wrote: »

here's the thing. this deserved criticism person, isn't going to change. that name says it all. he will criticize everything. so what's in your control: don't engage. let him be. it's easier and doesn't derail threads

So in your mind, if someone quotes me, addresses me specifically, and then states something factually untrue, I'm crossing a line and being a jerk if I point that out?
    edited June 2017
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Apparently you fail to understand what a stuff pack is - it is sims stuff - that's it - and in previous sims games - most of them anyway - stuff packs just added stuff sims could use - but in Sims 4 they add also some animated stuff - but it is no secret to most people that stuff packs only use stuff and programming already in the game. You putting the info out there about it being recycled - but this is no big secret to most long time Simmers - we like stuff for our game - we know the stuff pack shares meshes and now animations already in the game

Is anyone reading this thread before they comment...?

I'm saying this one more time, cause anyone can read the thread history and see I'm not lying: SimGuruGraham cited the TV workout video and the earbuds as "new gameplay objects," and since this would mean Movie Hangout Stuff had like 13 "new gameplay objects," I asked how a video is an object or some music notes coming out of ears with recycled animations can count as an object, then someone purposefully addressed me and claimed all these new animations are super duper new omg - contrary to your own claim - and all I did was point out the truth to that individual that no they are not. Then, everyone decided this justified giving me a good lynchmob treatment because how DARE I respond to someone who purposefully addressed me with facts?!