Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fall Fun Homemade Gift Exchange ~ Event Closed

Comments

• Options
    Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    So, since I have the house to myself tonight (well, ok, I have to share it with a dog and two cats, but they don't count!) I might just go tote the laptop into the bedroom and curl up with some sims and a movie here in a little bit. Laptop doesn't run sims *quite* as well as the desktop, but hey, movie! I'm just glad I'm starting to feel like myself again and can actually contemplate computer time instead of sleepy time!
  • Options
    fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    @Bookworm742 glad to hear you are feeling better!

lol I have run into a few minor glitches with my gifts. trying to gather some information before deciding if I can proceed as planned or need to come up with a new idea.
    don't have much play time today was it was my oldest child's bday. had cake and ice cream at the grandparents after I got off work then raced home to get them ready for school tomorrow.
    never a dull moment around here it seems.
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    fleshjenn wrote: »
    @Bookworm742 glad to hear you are feeling better!

lol I have run into a few minor glitches with my gifts. trying to gather some information before deciding if I can proceed as planned or need to come up with a new idea.
    don't have much play time today was it was my oldest child's bday. had cake and ice cream at the grandparents after I got off work then raced home to get them ready for school tomorrow.
    never a dull moment around here it seems.

Happy birthday to your eldest :)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Hey buddy. The gift I was working on is mostly done. Have a few more things to do for it. And while working on that gift I got the idea for another gift. Each gift is special and unique in each of their own ways. I basically did medium and big gifts lol. So you are most definitely getting spoiled. If i manage to pop off one small gift I will.
  • Options
    thank you @SjappielovePaul
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    lol this is definitely a challenge. I just built and uploaded a test lot soley to test some of the décor planned for a build to see if it transfers correctly. but I am truly enjoying every minute of it.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Glad to see that you are all doing well and the gifts are coming along! :)
    HAPPY NOVEMBER!
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    Dear buddy,

I know I haven't left alot of messages but i'm working up something really special and I think your going to love it :)
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    Hey Buddy :) Been working on a few different things for you and wondering if you'll like them in your game. Time will tell ;)

Hello also to everyone else. Hope creating is fun and going well for everyone :)
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I made a really 🐸🐸🐸🐸 mistake and managed to delete my save files in the save folder as I deleting the old saves. This is one reason I normally keep different sims 3 folders entirely.

Fortunately I did save stuff to the bins earlier. A bit of game play is lost and tweaking, but at least I have the stuff in the bins. :)
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Hey, buddy. I haven't posted in a while, but I have several things for you already. I'm planning to make even more, now that I'm done testing and screen capturing the ones I've already made. :)
  • Options
    SkymystSkymyst Posts: 3,888 Member
    Hello Buddy. I know I have been quiet truth be told I have not been feeling well so I haven't had a ton of energy for things ... even as simple as sitting at the computer. BUT, never fear I have some stuff under works and almost have the "big one" finished ... what does that mean, you ask? Well time will tell .... my friend!

Until then Sim On!

3b452386c02f6e9c879d3519e54f6de482b94442813bace3575c7d2b96501a2d.jpg
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Good Morning! Sitting here sipping some hot tea and enjoying a bit of pastry, wishing my nibble was more like this...
    7167628-healthy-breakfast-fruits-with-pastries-and-tea-and-coffee-Stock-Photo.jpg
    ... but really am glad to be sitting here, lurking and enjoying your bit of chatter.

I apologize for not being more active in the hosting department, have had a few personal matters take up much of my time and focus lately. Things still aren't a 100% resolved, but it'll get there. Eventually.

Any who, the next and final check-in is before or by the end of TUESDAY, November 8th.
    Super excited about this because it means that gifting time is right around the corner!!!

That being said,
    If your gift is done/close to being done, feel free to check-in early :)

With your check-in, please answer the following questions:

1. Will you be able to deliver on time?
    On time means during the gifting period of Tuesday, November 15th, through Sunday, November 20th.

2. Are you encountering any difficulties and think a replacement is needed?
    If yes, please let me know asap! Here or via PM is fine.
    Things happen, but between us we can figure something out.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Yes, I will deliver on time.
    No, I have no difficulties (over than redoing what I deleted).
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Fall-Home-Decor-ideas-5.jpg

November 8th Check-In
    ciane
    LadyEmillye
    Skymyst
    tanubanue
    XxHannelorexX
    Post edited by ADWilson on
  • Options
    I shall check in as well. I am mostly on track, no difficulties, and one last gift to do but it won't be difficult, just getting some gameplay in on the one I am currently doing. I will be able to gift on time, just sporadically due to work lol.
  • Options
    Thank YOU both :)

@ciane ~ Sorry you're having to re-do some things due to the accidental deletion. Hopefully round two goes smoothly and quickly!
    @LadyEmillye ~ Glad game things aren't being difficult. Hoping work settles down so you'll be able to enjoy the fun things that will be tossed your way!
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    I'd like to check in please :)

Yes, I will be able to deliver on time. No real difficulties; things are on track and nearly finished :smile:
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    Checking in :)
  • Options
    SkymystSkymyst Posts: 3,888 Member
    I am checking in as well. I am putting the finishing touches on several gifts that all kind of go together - so it is hard for me to count number done since I feel the "whole package" is the gift. You should know what I mean. BUT as I just told a friend .......

It is now 3:38 am here – I got woke up about an two hours ago because of bloody chest pain. I was shivering but the heat is up and doing its job so I checked and I am running a not fun fever! So, I accepted that I am awake for a while so thought I would pop on Netflix and try to work on things online a bit. So here I sit bundled up like a eskimo with hot tea in hand getting ready to try to work on my gifts some more. Got to love life! It has a funny way of working out some times you know.

It is nice to see another tea lover! I love herbal tea and drink all types of flavors my one this morning is “Wild Rose Hibiscus”.

So with that said ......

Yes, I will be able to gift on time and no I do not currently have any problems that need help *knocks on wood*. Things are going as according to plan for the most part!

hibiscus-tea-rose-jam-turkish-delight-glass-cup-fruit-pieces-petals-dark-wooden-background-73489572.jpg
  • Options
    @XxHannelorexX and @tanubanue ~ Thanks for checking in and sending along the :) ALWAYS lovely seeing those!
    @Skymyst ~ May whatever brought about the current bout of chest pain and fever settle down giving you time to rest and recover. Feel better soon!

Yes, I drink tea year-round... hot tea... iced tea. Mmmm.
    I use an orange pekoe & black tea blend, decaffeinated, for iced tea. For hot tea, I prefer anything minty and on occasion chamomile. When out at tea rooms or tea houses (rare treats!) I let my nose lead the way to what ends up in my cup :)
  • Options
    ADWilson wrote: »
    Thank YOU both :)

@ciane ~ Sorry you're having to re-do some things due to the accidental deletion. Hopefully round two goes smoothly and quickly!
    @LadyEmillye ~ Glad game things aren't being difficult. Hoping work settles down so you'll be able to enjoy the fun things that will be tossed your way!

Haha. I wish. I work retail so the busy is going to be in full swing soon enough with Black Friday. January and I will have all the time in the world. After all the returns/exchanges. ;) i will find some downtime somewhere :)
  • Options
    Haha. I wish. I work retail so the busy is going to be in full swing soon enough with Black Friday. January and I will have all the time in the world. After all the returns/exchanges. ;) i will find some downtime somewhere :)

I remembered that you do and admit that I have no idea how hectic the retail work schedule must get because of the holidays, but can only imagine what you and others go through for the rest of us. **tips my imaginary hat to you**

May you find enough downtime throughout the busy season to keep your personal battery rested and re-charged :)
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    Checking in

1. Will you be able to deliver on time?
    On time means during the gifting period of Tuesday, November 15th, through Sunday, November 20th.

YES

2. Are you encountering any difficulties and think a replacement is needed?
    If yes, please let me know asap! Here or via PM is fine.
    Things happen, but between us we can figure something out.

NOPE everything is coming along swimmingly
  • Options
    blair2396blair2396 Posts: 336 Member
    I will go ahead and check in. I have finished up all of my gifts and now I am just working on getting all of my pictures together.
    Yes, I will be able to deliver on time.
    No, I do not have any problems.
    I am super excited to start gifting and I'm anxiously waiting for the gifting period! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top