Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fall Fun Homemade Gift Exchange ~ Event Closed

Comments

• Options
    fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    @Skymyst so sorry to her about your dad. I am sending prayers for a speedy recovery. I know how bad insomnia can be. me and son often suffer through especially when stressed or weather changes.
    listen to that muse and change your focus.
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    edited October 2016
    Good afternoon, buddy! :blush:

I just need to finish up what's left of my uni assignment due tomorrow (not much, HOORAY!) and then it's time to get in game!

I've been anxious to sim all day :sunglasses: And I can sleep in tomorrow so I may just get quite a bit of time in, hehe...

Edit: I'm super happy; finally finished and happy with gift one! Now to move on to the next :smile:
    Post edited by XxHannelorexX on
  • Options
    lol I miss my old save files! before when I worked on a build or a household, I would go on a scavenge hunt through my saved games.
    like if I need a simbot, I would upload my crazy inventor and grab one from her house. then if I needed perfect fruits. I would take a trip to my master Gardner save and raid their fields. I had a Artist sim with tons of paintings that I liked to include as a personal touch for the decorations.
    its going to take a long time to get my game back to easy street. :tongue:
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Hey Buddy. Your next gift was started today. Which I am super pumped about. This is another one of those extra special things :)
  • Options
    HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    Sorry to hear about your stepfather @Skymyst . I hope he will get better soon and that you will be able to get some sleep.

I started yesterday with my first gift and it still needs much work, but I'm really pleased so far. Let's hope my buddy will be too!
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member

Hi everyone, feeling a little under the weather today and the actual weather is just awful. :( Sorry to hear about your stepfather @Skymyst, I hope it turns out to be nothing serious.

I haven't been able to get on my page on the other site, I'm now getting that error 500 thing and the Apache Tomcat stuff in the tab. I did notice that Adobe Flash was disabled so I don't know if that matters. I'll keep trying.

On the gifting front I have made some progress now, a couple of small things done, still tweaking a big one and I just had a new idea, "hmmm sounds interesting" (I am speaking to my muse) "tell me more" :)
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @Skymyst: I'm so sorry to hear about your father. :( Sending you hugs and warm wishes for a good outcome!

And to my buddy, who doesn't know who he/she is yet, I have now created 5 things for you, and I'm mentally playing around with what I'm going to do next. :)
  • Options
    so I realized I was not going to get anything done unless I actually wrote myself a check list. paper and pen to keep beside my laptop. I wrote down my plans. a few sidenotes to customize to your liking and wishes. and before I knew it I was 50% there. I scraped my original build but the one I focused on today is turning out beautiful. this was just the kind of thing I needed to take my mind off real life for awhile.
  • Options
    Kgaff wrote: »

I haven't been able to get on my page on the other site, I'm now getting that error 500 thing and the Apache Tomcat stuff in the tab. I did notice that Adobe Flash was disabled so I don't know if that matters. I'll keep trying.

@Kgaff I get that Apache Tomcat thing really often; what works for me is to clear my browser's cookies and cache. I've heard restarting the computer can help too, but it's quicker for me to clear cookies/cache and it's always worked for me :smile: I never used to get it but for some reason that error pops up all the time; it's quite annoying!
  • Options
    Planning session for gift 2 complete; time to hop in game and get started! :smiley:

I hope that everyone is having a nice day :smile:
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    Hey there you (My Buddy),

I just finished one gift, well two but I consider it one, so now have three but only two done but doing another tomorrow. Confused? I have it all straight lol :)

Hugs! Me
  • Options
    Doing an early check in. Things are well underway for my Buddy. Two gifts on the go. Finishing off one by mid day tomorrow most likely.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    Hmmm, I did start on this and make some progress, but there are things that aren't quite right yet. So, it's still very much in the working beginning stage. I do think it'll be fun for you, but it's just not perfect yet.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    testing. its been so long since I have posted any screen shots I figured it was best to try it out before the gift is due. I haven't accessed my photobucket in 2yrs, the layout was so confusing. not to mention trying to upload while my internet is dropping every 3 minutes :'(

I cant remember how to resize an image so I hope this doesn't break the thread.

lol I spent a good 5 minutes designing this wall paper, then realized only 1 panel would show. the rest is behind a window. :D

now I am getting some error about "body is 5 characters too short?"

Edit: I moved the text above the pic and it finally posted.

Screenshot_zpshvjaqauw.jpg
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Guys, I feel awful! My game decided to start working again! Just too late for the exchange...

I'm not sure if it had to do with my laptops updates, my Win10 updates or somehow with the Origin update, but I fired it up to see if I could build something and it was smoother than ever. Even loading was less than 2 minutes, last time I experienced that was when this laptop was brand new and I only had base game and maybe three expansions. So I figured lets try playing and it all just went well. I was so amazed it didn't freeze or anything I never thought to close the game (because I never had too, the game did so itself) untill I saw @Martje89 posting it was 1AM. Didn't even know.

So I'm happy, but also sad to have missed the exchange. But also happy, because at least it works again ;)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    So I'm happy, but also sad to have missed the exchange. But also happy, because at least it works again ;)
    You may have missed this one, but at least you'll be able to join in the next one. And you can play your game. That's always a good thing! :)
  • Options
    Congrats SJ on getting your game working so well!
    And I love your fruity wallpaper @fleshjenn.
  • Options
    Martje89Martje89 Posts: 938 Member
    So glad to hear your game is working well again @SjappielovePaul :smiley:
  • Options
    HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    edited October 2016
    Hi buddy! Your first gift is ready and your second one still needs some work, but I'll finish it soon. And I have a few more ideas I'll start working on :) !
  • Options
    DolphineQDolphineQ Posts: 1,799 Member
    Ohai Buddy! :smiley:

I have some gifts ready for you. And some more on the way. Many more on the way, in fact.
    We're having a fabulous time playtesting them, the kittens and I. I play and they test my skills in multitasking. Superb teamwork here!
    I can't wait to be able to present you with your gifts. It's gonna be so much fun to see what you say, especially to the "Aaaah" and the Ooooh". And it's itching in my fingers to make you a little "Teehee" and a "*giggle*" also.

Just thought you should know that I really am loving making things for you :wink:
    Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    Well the fourth gift is ready and the third is going to have some TLC given to it today. I'm going to go back and re-read your letter and see if I might be able to formulate another gift or two. Nothing extravagant, just something small. I am super excited to gift.
  • Options
    @ciane thank you. lol I really enjoy playing with color schemes on builds and CAS.
  • Options
    I am very wrapped up in the Apocalyse tourney right now, but I took a couple days off to work on the secret something for some one. It has potential, I think. :wink:
  • Options
    @ADWilson may I please check in early? The next few days will be a bit chaotic with a take-home exam so I'd rather err on the side of caution and make sure I don't space out and forget :smile:

Gifts are going pretty much according to plan; so far only up to gift 2 but the trickiest part of it is over, so to speak, so I expect I'll be finished with it and moving onto a third gift within a few days :smile:
  • Options
    @ADWilson, I would like to check in early, as I have appointments for the next few days and may end up forgetting to check in.

I have eight gifts made, and I'm now doing the testing. I'm not sure that one of the gifts will pass the testing, so may not end up making the cut, but we'll see. I may be able to fix it if there's a routing problem, as I suspect there might be.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top