Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited October 2016
    Not sure if this is a MCCC issue or a game issue since the patch. I'll post here and maybe someone can help me figure out which.

Okay, my issue (and I tend to be long winded, so others can know the whole situation).

My sim was at her store in Magnolia Promenade (Art store). She got a notification from Nina about Ladies Night. So I closed the store and clicked to go to Ladies Night.

It took me to the world map (where you chose which world to go to). It's never done that before. So I chose Winderburg, thinking I'd just go to the bar and see if Ladies Night was happening.

The shrieking Llama (which is where most "event" nights happen, right?) has an Incomplete icon. So I chose it and chose buy/build on that lot (figure I'd just add whatever was missing and travel there).

It went into the loading screen and kicked me back to the World's map.

I did this twice, both times kicks me back to the world map after the loading screen.

And, I just tried to travel to my sims house, and apparently I don't even have a sim selected to play, it's wanting me to select her. I selected her and it kicks me back to the world map.

I'm gonna reboot and see if that fixes my issue, cause I am now apparently stuck on the world's screen.

ETA:
    Restarting seems to have fixed whatever was wrong, I even loaded into the shrieking llama, so that's weird...
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    @ChelleJo the solution to your problem might be found in the following post by egwarhammer
    Behind on posts, but you need to see this:

HEADS UP!! If you have anything other than 20 in your Adjust Sims On Lots setting, you are likely to see issues with MC 3.0.

I just couldn't get into a venue/house with it on 25. 20 works fine.

I'll be back in a bit to catch back up here again, I want to see some of this new stuff for myself, you know. ;)

Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    itsug wrote: »
    @ChelleJo the solution to your problem might be found in the following post by egwarhammer
    Behind on posts, but you need to see this:

HEADS UP!! If you have anything other than 20 in your Adjust Sims On Lots setting, you are likely to see issues with MC 3.0.

I just couldn't get into a venue/house with it on 25. 20 works fine.

I'll be back in a bit to catch back up here again, I want to see some of this new stuff for myself, you know. ;)

@itsug I don't recall changing my sims on lots, but heck, it's been a while since I've really tweaked settings in MCCC so I'll go check. Thanks! :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited October 2016
    i deleted everything that wasn't mc no luck.
  • Options
    ParkPark Posts: 625 Member

I had no issues even though I have 27 "on lot". But I might not have played long enough for problems to arise. I shall play further with that lot Sunday and if the issues does surface I'll reduce the lot Sims to 20, which I believe is the default (?)
  • Options
    Susim62Susim62 Posts: 225 Member
    @friendsfan367, I had the same problem as you, with MC showing in my mods folder and in my mods list on start up, but not showing in the game.
    I redownloaded it all again and it worked.
    I think somehow I'd put in one of the older modules by mistake.
    Have you tried downloading MC again?
  • Options
    Susim62 wrote: »
    @friendsfan367, I had the same problem as you, with MC showing in my mods folder and in my mods list on start up, but not showing in the game.

yes just tried . i think it hates me. lol.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member

If your files in /Sims4/Mods/MC look like the picture of 3.0 I posted, and you for sure have BOTH "Mods" boxes checked (green) in Game Options (last tab), it should be working.

291jey8.jpg

and

2afxv0w.jpg

Let me know.

• Options

If your files in /Sims4/Mods/MC look like the picture of 3.0 I posted, and you for sure have BOTH "Mods" boxes checked (green) in Game Options (last tab), it should be working.

291jey8.jpg

and

2afxv0w.jpg

Let me know.

i do see that on my computer but not when i go to my sim computer . which is what i need to make the changes.
  • Options
    Are you seeing the blue "modules loaded" box when you open your game? (Probably not.) Look in your LOG file. What's there? Initializing alarms? Anything else? Nothing at all?

Screenshots would be amazing. I want to see what you're looking at.
  • Options
    Are you seeing the blue "modules loaded" box when you open your game? (Probably not.) Look in your LOG file. What's there? Initializing alarms? Anything else? Nothing at all?

Screenshots would be amazing. I want to see what you're looking at.

how do i do that? sorry never took pics outside the game before.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    MTS_Deaderpool_1653015_McCmdCenter_ScriptAndPackage_3_0_0
  • Options
    MTS_Deaderpool_1653015_McCmdCenter_ScriptAndPackage_3_0_0
  • Options
    Do you have ANY Zip files in /MC? You should NOT. That will for SURE mess things up.

If that file is in your /MC folder, that's why things aren't working. It's trying to load the mod twice, both from the unzipped files AND from the zip.

@Bonxie I could sure use some help here.
  • Options
    Do you have ANY Zip files in /MC? You should NOT. That will for SURE mess things up.

If that file is in your /MC folder, that's why things aren't working. It's trying to load the mod twice, both from the unzipped files AND from the zip.

@Bonxie I could sure use some help here.

sorry eggy.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    If you have a log file, leave that in your /MC folder. Sorry, I posted the wrong picture to show that. But look at that picture, and if a thing is in your folder that is not in that picture, TAKE IT OUT. If your folder looks like my folder, MC WILL load for you.

Edit: Log IS there! I can't see OR read, apparently. LOL!!

Post edited by egwarhammer on
  • Options
    i only see 2 zipped folders. in mc.
  • Options
    i only see 2 zipped folders. in mc.

They should not BE in MC if they are zipped. Put those back in /Downloads, MOVE, not copy. The ONLY mod-running files you should have in /MC will have either .package or .ts4script extensions. That's it. MC will GENERATE files with other extensions, but for a fresh install, the package and script files MUST show up right and there must NOT be ANY zip files in that folder.

Here's why. When /Sims4 first came out, .zip WAS the only way to compile a working script mod. Well, Mac users could NOT get script mods to work, because something on their end was EXTRACTING all the real "guts" files inside the zips, the .py and .pyo Python files... rendering their copy useless, mods won't work uncompiled.

(Bonxie could probably do this better.)

To help with that, EA added support for the .ts4script file extension. They are still zip files, but, the new extension fooled Macs into running those scripts properly, and also, they tipped Windows users off that if you open a zip file and see ts4scripts, those are what you copy, you do not extract any thing any deeper.

Scumbumbo came up with the idea. <3 (I miss him.)
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Couple of general things, for people who have NOT PATCHED, I've made copies of MC 2.16 (two files ;) ) files available here: (temporary safety net)

http://www.mediafire.com/?pj8u5z7592w48

And also, new bug spotted at MC, the Skills Rate Adjustment flag or setting (both?) is NOT working properly. Tested & verified here.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    i gave up. i run sims on win 10 so the other way was easier. also i'm stating to get computer bugs
    Post edited by friendsfan367 on
  • Options
    Deaderpool is back (which generated a "thank god!!" from me... :p ), and here's what he's already got lined up for the incoming hotfix:
    In summary, this is what I'm looking at right now:
    Lots not loading if Maximum Sims on Lot is not set to default of 20. Already fixed for hotfix when I release it.
    Missing button text on a settings dialog. Fixed for hotfix already when I release it.
    TFB not working. Will investigate and fix for hotfix. For now, set Risky Woohoo to 80% to match TFB percentage and just use Woohoo to do TFB. If you don't want to get pregnant ever with Woohoo, use Birth Control and you can set the birth control percentage to 80%.
    Woohoo until red. Will investigate and fix for hotfix. Turn off "Allow Teens" (works for sure). I also have "Allow Teens" enabled but am using "Allow No Strings" and I'm not seeing this issue.
    Skill Rate Adjustment is not working. Will investigate and fix for hotfix.
    A misc. problem that EG reported to me in a PM with append log will be investigated and fixed in the hotfix.

Any problems with people not being able to get the mod to load and show-up in the game, we have troubleshooting on the main description page and a troubleshooting PDF that you should go through.

Any problems with not being able to load the lots. We've reported this. It's setting the Maximum Sims on Lot to 20 to work-around it for now.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5108172#post5108172
  • Options
    i gave up. i run sims on win 10 so the other way was easier. also i'm stating to get computer bugs

What "other way"? Win 10 is no excuse for anything. I have it too. Same MC install process as I used with 8.1.

MC installs one way. That's it.

You're losing me, and I really don't know how to help you, without being able to see more of what YOU are looking at.

The troubleshooter PDF would help, the steps are the same as they've been since EA added disabling mods to their patch process. Try reading through that.

If you didn't keep it, here's the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wbnapz0xa6f670s/July 22 Troubleshooter MCCC 2.12.0.pdf?dl=0

If you do what it says, it should work.

If you put the proper files into /MC like the picture I REposted earlier shows, MC should work.

I don't know what else to say... I'm sorry. I can't do it for you, from here.

And it KILLS me to feel this way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,697 Member
    edited October 2016
    @egwarhammer My apologies. When you tagged me, it was at dead of night in my part of the world, so I saw the issue only one hour ago. And unfortunately right now it's dead of night in the US - darn.

@friendsfan367 Never give up, never surrender! :) Should we give it another try?

I'm a bit confused, because some posts before, you said, if you go in the game to Game Options > Other and press the "Show Custom Content" button, MCCC is shown as installed Mod in the list.

If you do, does it look somewhat like this (click on "show")?:
    y3m_CzisgJxYEVlLe2dsMsXDOm4ypaCbuXXeUXRgGRbizPXgDt675OActOgwRiZcx_EwpmwRLvcqrvOS4EyzqXzlDcf5xG7ngJEaUkkExTGT5QqZ9VadHgzPJf080mCvb3JO0t0fyqNVRy9GbCLvJgRjcaZG1aVW5Whwuw8NTxibxI?width=404&height=541&cropmode=none

Could you please confirm?

Of course the content of the list will differ and you probably have to scroll down, but the entry "mc_cmd_center" has to be somewhere in there. The entry has to look precisely like this. Other entries like "MTS_Deaderpool_1653014_McCmdCenter_AllModules_3_0_0" are caused by a failed installation.

If it looks like this, MCCC is recognized by the game and we don't have to worry about proper installation. If not, then we will have a closer look at your Mod folder.

But first we have to narrow down the issue.

Post edited by Bonxie on
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Just out of curiosity, what time is it at your place now @egwarhammer ? it's 12PM over in Sweden when I ask. :)
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top