Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    still working on it
    @friendsfan367 Any LastExceptions in /Sims4?

Any other mods or cc in? I have MC, SSI, and a few cc files I can't mention installed. (Jury's out on SOME of those, but the one I really want still works.)

That's ALL, here. All my other mods and cc are still waiting for me to clear THIS batch. One piece at a time, if need be.

If you do have other mods in, check this thread, the first post is being updated:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/903114/broken-updated-mods-oct-27-16-cl

But she's not covering cc, just mods.

If there's a cc list for this patch, I haven't seen that yet.

i have a few eyes a urinal and a adhd mod.

Will you put a copy of your save file on your desktop and try loading your game with JUST MC installed, for me? I've had a skin file mess up, it could be the eyes, or it still could be any of your other mods, too. Check where you got them just to be sure, but I'd really appreciate a bare bones test from you. :)

thats my problem i cant tell if its installed because the sim computer doesn't show the settings. sorry for being so much trouble.
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    still working on it

Any other mods or cc in? I have MC, SSI, and a few cc files I can't mention installed. (Jury's out on SOME of those, but the one I really want still works.)

That's ALL, here. All my other mods and cc are still waiting for me to clear THIS batch. One piece at a time, if need be.

If you do have other mods in, check this thread, the first post is being updated:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/903114/broken-updated-mods-oct-27-16-cl

Will you put a copy of your save file on your desktop and try loading your game with JUST MC installed, for me? I've had a skin file mess up, it could be the eyes, or it still could be any of your other mods, too. Check where you got them just to be sure, but I'd really appreciate a bare bones test from you. :)

thats my problem i cant tell if its installed because the sim computer doesn't show the settings. sorry for being so much trouble.

Just for clarification: both check boxes "Enable CC and Mods" and "Script Mods allowed" in your Game Options > Other are activated to allow mods in game, aren't they?

You know, this "Mods-will-be-automatically-deactivated-during-patching" issue....

And what can you see, if you click in Game Options > Other on "View Custom Content". Is MCCC showing up in the listing?

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    still working on it

That's why I want to have you try it with JUST MC in your /Mods folder. Nothing else. No other mods or cc. JUST MC. That's my best shot at figuring out what's going on. Vanilla game plus MC is not going to be PERFECT, we know there's a woohoo bug and a travel bug already.

Like @Bonxie said, if you have both Mods boxes checked (enabled, green) on the last tab of Game Options, you SHOULD be seeing the files list when you enter your game. And it SHOULD show up on your computer.

The log file might have more info. In Sims4, you might see a LastException file. Anything weird anywhere, I want to know more about.

I'm sorry I had to bail for a while. I'd been hard at it all day, here, between this site, MC, gameplay (very little of THAT), woohoo site, etc etc. Intense time yesterday for me, crash & burn was not unexpected, it just came before I was through trying to help you get going. :(

I had what you're seeing with 2.16 after the patch ran, not seeing things load up. That's why I think you'll get a LastException. Mine for having Adjust Sims on Lots at 25 was the biggest LE (of my own) I have ever seen, bar none. 2500 LINES. Omg.

You've just about got to have something somewhere, that will tell us more.

Taking everything else out till you get MC running is really the best way to figure out what's going on. Save your game file to your desktop first, so you can go back to your real game after we've got your trouble lined out.

We're burning daylight... getting closer to DP being back, every minute now. We'll get it... if we don't, he will, in a couple of days. ;)

• Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    @egwarhammer I am having an issue and I was told to post on this thread. After the most recent patch and replacing the newest version of MC Command Mod, My sims can not get pregnant. When I do the "try for baby" interaction, it just gets canceled. But my sims can have regular woohoo, but just can't try for baby. I tried this with several different households to test it out and it's the same across the board. I have all the MC Command modules in game. I believe the issue is with MC Command Mod because I took out all other mods and CC so the MC modules were standing alone.

Any guesses?
  • Options
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    @egwarhammer I am having an issue and I was told to post on this thread. After the most recent patch and replacing the newest version of MC Command Mod, My sims can not get pregnant. When I do the "try for baby" interaction, it just gets canceled. But my sims can have regular woohoo, but just can't try for baby. I tried this with several different households to test it out and it's the same across the board. I have all the MC Command modules in game. I believe the issue is with MC Command Mod because I took out all other mods and CC so the MC modules were standing alone.

Any guesses?

The extra part of MC is partly busted. I'll be looking at it today, I didn't get a chance last night between trying to sit on 3 forums (here, MC, and the other one) and taking shots at what trouble I could have a hope of fixing for people.

Known issues. If it's terribly annoying, take that part of MC (just the 2 files from the other site) out for the weekend. Once DP's home again, I'm betting a hotfix will be incoming pretty soon.

I have the hood rolled I'm going to test with, I just wore out last night, before I got to it. Cheerleader's human. Sleep won. I'm back up and at it again, though. Details when I have some to share. :)

• Options
    CarpeNoctemSimsCarpeNoctemSims Posts: 328 Member

Any guesses?

Are you trying sim to sim or clicking on the object itself? When I try sim to sim, it cancels. When I click the bed, it works (but they never stop lol...known issue).
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member

Any guesses?

The extra part of MC is partly busted. I'll be looking at it today, I didn't get a chance last night between trying to sit on 3 forums (here, MC, and the other one) and taking shots at what trouble I could have a hope of fixing for people.

Known issues. If it's terribly annoying, take that part of MC (just the 2 files from the other site) out for the weekend. Once DP's home again, I'm betting a hotfix will be incoming pretty soon.

I have the hood rolled I'm going to test with, I just wore out last night, before I got to it. Cheerleader's human. Sleep won. I'm back up and at it again, though. Details when I have some to share. :)

Thank you so much. So far the only issue i see is that I can't get a Sim pregnant. I don't find it annoying enough to remove those 2 files (unless you recommend I do)
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    It seems that in the first choice of the module having an issue, the issue is with the second choice. see comments where you downloaded the specific module for further info. :)
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    itsug wrote: »
    It seems that in the first choice of the module having an issue, the issue is with the second choice. see comments where you downloaded the specific module for further info. :)

Clue... don't FIX it here, but, in the config file, under the last group of settings (the ones for the extra part), you'll want to disable the 4th setting down.

You'll recognize it. That setting has had issues before. ;)
  • Options
    ValmionValmion Posts: 89 Member
    The never stop bug has been identified but you need to go to the other site to see why.....

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Here's our "official" line about That Bug... "EA made some changes to teens with this patch, check settings related to them."
    o:)

(I checked, there are only 3, and 2 are NOT likely to cause trouble.)
  • Options
    Okay here's MY next question... Sunday alarm, I should've had cleaner, dresser and pregnancy. Cleaner ran.

If you've had any alarms since 3.0, check your log for me?

I pulled my other mods, am about to run it again.
  • Options
    And about those log files... mine is overwriting itself.

I can't have that, it MUST be Appended!!! Overwriting is BAD, mkay?? Not sure what's going on there, at all.

Is anybody else seeing this same "vanishing log" thing? I watched it blink between game loads. That is NOT supposed to happen here.

There will be a full-blown meltdown coming, if I don't get this fixed, and FAST. Any ideas would be awesome. Mine is to yank everything out but MC base (script & package) and see what happens. Wish me luck!

Excedrin FTW. And Pepsi. Breakfast of Champions... and Cheerleaders.
    :smiley:

I'm not panicking YET. But I DO want to know what's going on with other people's log files, too.
  • Options

I can't have that, it MUST be Appended!!! Overwriting is BAD, mkay?? Not sure what's going on there, at all.

Is anybody else seeing this same "vanishing log" thing? I watched it blink between game loads. That is NOT supposed to happen here.

There will be a full-blown meltdown coming, if I don't get this fixed, and FAST. Any ideas would be awesome. Mine is to yank everything out but MC base (script & package) and see what happens. Wish me luck!

Excedrin FTW. And Pepsi. Breakfast of Champions... and Cheerleaders.
    :smiley:

I'm not panicking YET. But I DO want to know what's going on with other people's log files, too.

you took excedrin with pepsi. thats one way to get rid of pain fast.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    I uninstalled the older version of MC Command, which I hadn't yet put into full usage. I'm busy playing my Legacy Challenge family, so I didn't want to give myself an added boost. Yes, I'm so straight-laced it hurts. LOL But, I decided to open a new game save about a week ago. When I went to play it after the patch I noticed a few problems. Then I learned over on this thread that the older version of MCC was incompatible. I immediately removed the old one, installed the new one and suddenly the heretofore bar in the upper left hand corner (build mode) which allowed us to set traits for the lots was there. Yay! My game is still periodically freezing, however, so I'm going to have to remove some of the other mods and the one piece of cc I have to see if that's what's doing it. But, I did start messing around with MCC. It's fantastic! The only complaint I have is that I cannot set a Sims' career level, I can only seem to 'reset' it, which so far didn't appear to do anything. Ho-hum. Loved that feature in NRass Master Controller mod. Makes no sense for a mature Sim to be at ground level in his career, just because I built the family in CAS. :open_mouth: Perhaps Deaderpool would kindly add this feature?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    ...The only complaint I have is that I cannot set a Sims' career level, I can only seem to 'reset' it, which so far didn't appear to do anything....

@GalacticGal I posted a possible solution for you here (Link). Maybe you haven't noticed it before.

• Options
    CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member

Actually no. My MC 3 seems to be working just fine ty. Log file is appending as it should. I have not had any pregnancies yet but my woohoo seems to be going fine. I have my game speed set to 50 and it does seem to be going a bit faster than it used to.

A huge thanks to you and DP for the effort to fix these mods.
  • Options
    CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    My game is still periodically freezing, however, so I'm going to have to remove some of the other mods and the one piece of cc I have to see if that's what's doing it.

I get this freezing at the moment. I just leave the game and read my book for 5mins and the game comes back to life. No LE errors thrown or anything. I have just been leaving it for the moment.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Just saw something about this freeze on another thread. Cinebar suggests removing the Tray from our folders as a way to 'fix' the problem.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Bonxie wrote: »
    still working on it

Just for clarification: both check boxes "Enable CC and Mods" and "Script Mods allowed" in your Game Options > Other are activated to allow mods in game, aren't they?

You know, this "Mods-will-be-automatically-deactivated-during-patching" issue....

And what can you see, if you click in Game Options > Other on "View Custom Content". Is MCCC showing up in the listing?

yes both are checked and 3.0 does show up on my list at the start. i'm writing a legacy right now and i just wrote about how one of the kids was diagnosed with add. but i need mc to work with the the mod because it adds the realism to the story. i have to be able to adjust the skills.
  • Options
    ...yes both are checked and 3.0 does show up on my list at the start.

But despite of that the MCCC pie menu entry doesn't show up when you click on a computer/tablet on the lot?

• Options
    Bonxie wrote: »
    ...yes both are checked and 3.0 does show up on my list at the start.

But despite of that the MCCC pie menu entry doesn't show up when you click on a computer/tablet on the lot?

yes. and i don't know why it worked ever time before.so its causing me to be annoying.
  • Options
    Just saw something about this freeze on another thread. Cinebar suggests removing the Tray from our folders as a way to 'fix' the problem.

Well, I guess now we know what ELSE they found to (make US!!) butcher to make room for their new stuff. Our Trays.

Nice.

If you can't see the sarcasm dripping off that, I'm doing it wrong.

Log error could just be a ME thing, guys. Sometimes my game really IS that "special." Looking like a freak out over nothing. It's back... I rebooted my computer, maybe something was just stuck. Who knows?
  • Options
    MeteoricDragonMeteoricDragon Posts: 245 Member
    I'm having a problem with the 3.0 update. When I click on the MC Dresser command and click on Outfits-swimwear on female sims they don't change outfits. and become self-aware: They realize they're being told to change into revealing clothes and have started to organize and rebel against any time I click on them to give them commands. One of them tried to bribe me with simoleans to leave her alone, and another offered to uncensor her woohoo interactions if I give her full autonomy and free will.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    edited October 2016
    Cyclelegs wrote: »
    My game is still periodically freezing, however, so I'm going to have to remove some of the other mods and the one piece of cc I have to see if that's what's doing it.

I get this freezing at the moment. I just leave the game and read my book for 5mins and the game comes back to life. No LE errors thrown or anything. I have just been leaving it for the moment.

I was having lag too (in a vanilla game so I know it's nothing to do with MC) so disabled Origin in-game and turned off the online features access within the game options and now I appear to be lag free again (touch wood) so that might be worth a try.
    Post edited by loubyloulou on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top