Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Was it HERE somebody asked (a while back) about using No Strings, and seeing relationships still increase?

Working as intended, depending on HOW you start the Interaction. Sim to sim won't cause that. Clicking the item (bed, sauna) and then choosing the other sim that way, WILL cause that.

Guess who's looking at the Description page... :smiley:
    If this is enabled, Woohoo/Try for Baby Sim Menu options may be run on any Age-appropriate Sim with a small amount of friendly relationship existing. No romantic connections or relationship levels will be gained from the interactions when being run from the Sim Menu. Running these interactions from clicking on Beds/Saunas/Whirlpools/etc., still increase relationship levels as they did previously.
  • Options
    lovejoyriteialovejoyriteia Posts: 198 Member
    I just installed the Occult module for the first time. Had it set to "High" the first Sim night, with no problems (but no abduction). Second night, I set it to "Alien Invasion;" at the abduction starting hour, the Sim that chose "Contact Aliens" on the satellite reset. Couldn't get him to do anything. So I changed back to "High" and exited the game.

I reverted to the previous save game, before the abduction hour of the second night. Everything was fine until I had them all go to bed. Three of my six Sims (all YA) wouldn't stay asleep; they kept popping out of bed. I exited the game again, took out the Occult module, and now all is fine.
  • Options
    I just installed the Occult module for the first time. Had it set to "High" the first Sim night, with no problems (but no abduction). Second night, I set it to "Alien Invasion;" at the abduction starting hour, the Sim that chose "Contact Aliens" on the satellite reset. Couldn't get him to do anything. So I changed back to "High" and exited the game.

I reverted to the previous save game, before the abduction hour of the second night. Everything was fine until I had them all go to bed. Three of my six Sims (all YA) wouldn't stay asleep; they kept popping out of bed. I exited the game again, took out the Occult module, and now all is fine.

You should've left that post up on MC. I was about to copy THIS one over there... but then I remembered seeing one similar... yours that you deleted I guess.

I'm not an Occult whiz. For something like this, a module causing resets and other issues... if you've done basic troubleshooting like removed ALL your other Mods AND CC, and tested with just game + MC, and you're still seeing issues... He needs to know.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

You should've left that post up on MC. I was about to copy THIS one over there... but then I remembered seeing one similar... yours that you deleted I guess.

I'm not an Occult whiz. For something like this, a module causing resets and other issues... if you've done basic troubleshooting like removed ALL your other Mods AND CC, and tested with just game + MC, and you're still seeing issues... He needs to know.

I just stumbled upon this thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/901177/mc-and-abductions#latest
    I changed the Occult settings from inside the game, instead of manually adjusting the "mc-settings.cfg." Maybe that's the issue? Anyway, I'm going to try that way, and see what happens.
  • Options

I just stumbled upon this thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/901177/mc-and-abductions#latest
    I changed the Occult settings from inside the game, instead of manually adjusting the "mc-settings.cfg." Maybe that's the issue? Anyway, I'm going to try that way, and see what happens.

Thanks for the link. :) I'm really not sure, I haven't had time to try abduction stuff yet.

It is NOT *usually* a good idea to edit settings via the config file, because Python is super-picky, and it's easy to mess things up. I've messed it up before, I'm not one to pretend I've never made a mistake.

But, we did just get an update, and sometimes we DO have to go in and edit things that way, if something gets fouled up in the UI. I'm not saying that IS what's going on with this right now, just that it's been known to happen before, with various settings.

Besides, way back in the early days, before 2.0.0, we all had to edit the cfg file manually. There WAS no UI interface till then. ;) So a lot of us DO know how. The UI is TONS easier... as long as it works right. Seems to be, overall, but like I said I haven't done a lot of DIFFERENT things since the update, yet.

If you end up with a non-working MC because your cfg file goofs up, try this site:

http://jsonlint.com/#

Copy and paste your WHOLE mc_settings.cfg file (*everything*... use Select All) and paste it into the box you'll see there. Click "Validate JSON" at the bottom. It'll either come up with a Valid JSON message, or, it'll show you where errors are, and also, what it's looking for and not finding on those lines. Very Handy.

Another tip, Captain Obvious level maybe... but to get a new DEFAULT copy of the settings file (safety net, troubleshooting, etc), move yours to the desktop and run the game again. You'll see a log message about not having that file and it being made. Then you can exit out and swap out the default copy for your own settings file. (Sometimes it isn't a bad idea to start fresh.)

Keep me posted.
  • Options
    buzz_infamousbuzz_infamous Posts: 814 Member
    ok i just went through 3 last pages and i cannot see it mentioned - is woohoo module not working? i re-uploaded all modules twice and no luck.

mccc_zpsvlg1rg0l.png
    Origin ID: minimalcanary
  • Options
    catalina_45catalina_45 Posts: 359 Member
    edited October 2016
    ok i just went through 3 last pages and i cannot see it mentioned - is woohoo module not working? i re-uploaded all modules twice and no luck.

mccc_zpsvlg1rg0l.png

Download the new MCC 3.0.1...
    Words are soul's image
  • Options
    @buzz_infamous

Wait. Wrong site. You have to go to the OTHER site to get that part. It is NOT part of the AllModules.zip. If you have the troubleshooter, there's links.

Or you can go to MC, the link to the site is on the line in the front page table where he describes it.
  • Options

Wait, this is NOW? Post your /MC folder screenshot.

(Just saw the blue vs white window "missing" button ... sorry!)
  • Options
    The site has gone nuts. Freezing and getting booted off pages, or they don't open at all.

@buzz_infamous Sorry, I misunderstood. You do have the files but they aren't loading? Check your mc log and check sims4 for lastexceptions. But if you don't have ALL 3.0.1 version parts, something isn't going to work. Shouldn't have any ts4script files from before yesterday (10/30). (Packages don't matter as much.)
  • Options
    I saw this mod do something today that has NEVER happened here. Not ONCE.

It was in my log.

[10/31/16 09:23:05]The Goth household has moved-out of their house and is now homeless

:o

Trashed the value of their lot, too (I know how to fix it). Seems to have just randomly happened, it was BEFORE that night's mc alarm ran.

Very weird thing.

I guess it could've been a game thing the mod just reported, but I don't have fill empty houses checked. MC does my moving around of sims.

Nowhere near a move-in run. Move Families is enabled, but even so, no Goth is pregnant. Why'd they move out???
  • Options
    Konan_NorrisKonan_Norris Posts: 211 Member
    I saw this mod do something today that has NEVER happened here. Not ONCE.

It was in my log.

[10/31/16 09:23:05]The Goth household has moved-out of their house and is now homeless

:o

Trashed the value of their lot, too (I know how to fix it). Seems to have just randomly happened, it was BEFORE that night's mc alarm ran.

Very weird thing.

I guess it could've been a game thing the mod just reported, but I don't have fill empty houses checked. MC does my moving around of sims.

Nowhere near a move-in run. Move Families is enabled, but even so, no Goth is pregnant. Why'd they move out???

They are living in a tent with the Calientes in the back of a park because the Landgrab Bank foreclosed on them
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

giphy.gif

• Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Maybe they will have to get an apartment in the spice district? XD
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    itsug wrote: »
    Maybe they will have to get an apartment in the spice district? XD

Could be... I guess we'll find out tomorrow. ;)

You know, I did wonder if it's some new "apartment hunting" thing from the patch. Maybe it didn't do all it would have if the EP was actually in place. (Stranger things...)

@Konan_Norris That was Choice! :smiley:
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited October 2016

mccc_zpsvlg1rg0l.png

i not seeing this in my game
    Post edited by friendsfan367 on
  • Options
    Konan_NorrisKonan_Norris Posts: 211 Member
    @egwarhammer thanks, I am so bright my mom once called me sun, but nobody was around to hear it B)
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

giphy.gif

• Options
    buzz_infamousbuzz_infamous Posts: 814 Member
    edited October 2016
    @catalina_45 this is 3.0.1 but as other people pointed out it still displays as 3.0.0. in-game.

@egwarhammer i re-uploaded all package and script files twice today so this is for sure the recent version. i do not have a log file in my folder so i don't know how to check it :( i read in the manual that this may indicate a version incompatibility but all modules load fine except for woohoo. any ideas?
    Origin ID: minimalcanary
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Hmm. Looks like my MC picture? And you have script and package mods enabled? The 2 green check boxes in the 2nd picture.

When you first start the game, are you seeing this?

31655s9.jpg

no. but i can't figure out why i downloaded and enabled mods
  • Options
    CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    Fertility thing is probably either a setting gone rogue or just something from the hoops Deaderpool (and azoresman) had to jump through a while back, trying to get nudity options for various things working.

If anybody's interested enough to go through that extra part's settings and try turning various things on/off to see if Fertility shows up sometime... that'd be sweet.

OK I took up that challenge and failed miserably. I can't restore Fertility Massage (FM) with the extra part loaded whatever settings I change. I don't know why I did it really. I have never used the option and can't see it ever appealing to me. But, for the record here are my findings:

I used a new game with a female YA sim and later added a male roomie to the household.

Testing at Spa Community Lot:
    MC and other part only loaded and no config file so a new one was created. - no FM option
    Changed all the [Default] settings in extra part to their opposite so every setting was changed. - No FM option
    Went back to [Default] settings and changed things one at a time (very laborious where restarts are needed) - No FM option

Testing at Sim Home Lot:
    MC and extra part only loaded with [Default] settings
    Hired L9 massage therapist by clicking on Massage Table on Home Lot - No FM option available from Massage Therapist.
    Active Sim cheated Wellness Skill to L9 - FM Now Appears.

My Conclusions:
    with MC extra part loaded:
    Selected Sim CAN GIVE Fertility Massage at Home Lot Massage Table (L9 Wellness needed)
    {The above works for both household and visiting sims}
    Selected Sim Cannot receive or 'ask for' Fertility Massage at a Home Lot Massage Table
    Selected Sim Cannot receive or 'ask for' Fertility Massage at Community Lots
    I could find no MCCC settings to influence the above.

OK that's me finished with this.
  • Options
    DP said everybody with install issues needs to MAKE SURE your OTHER mods (and I'll say cc too here) are UPDATED for, or have been checked for and verified as working with, the CL patch. Wicked... had an update.

LOTS of things have had updates. Older script mods are pretty much guaranteed to be broken, unless they've put out a new version since Patch Day.

I want anybody having trouble to go through the Troubleshooter PDF. Link's in my sig if you need a new copy. It's old, but the STEPS in it are PROVEN to work. THIS IS WHY I WROTE IT... INSTALL ISSUES.

I want screenshots, log details, lastexception files.

I don't mean to sound rude. But I go back to work tonight, this is "out of time" you're seeing, more than I mean to sound like I'm mad. I'm not.

I just can't be everywhere, and if you're going to ask me for help, you HAVE to give me what I need, for me to be able to do that.

The extra part has an update too, it's very rare for him to update one and not the other. ALL MC ts4script files should now be dated Oct 30, 2016. If they are not, you have mismatched files.

Here's my advice. Copy your game to your desktop. Take out ALL your other mods/cc BUT MC. Make sure all your files are for 3.0.1. Make sure you don't have any ZIP files in /Mods or /Mods/MC (anywhere under /Sims4 really). You CAN use your prior mc_settings.cfg file. With that and just the MC files installed, the mod should work just fine.

I always start off this way. If something isn't going to work with MC, I'm not using it. MC is working fine, here. I really don't know what else to tell you guys having trouble... go to MC comments if you need more help than I can give you.
  • Options
    Cyclelegs wrote: »
    Fertility thing is probably either a setting gone rogue or just something from the hoops Deaderpool (and azoresman) had to jump through a while back, trying to get nudity options for various things working.

If anybody's interested enough to go through that extra part's settings and try turning various things on/off to see if Fertility shows up sometime... that'd be sweet.

OK I took up that challenge and failed miserably. I can't restore Fertility Massage (FM) with the extra part loaded whatever settings I change. I don't know why I did it really. I have never used the option and can't see it ever appealing to me. But, for the record here are my findings:

I used a new game with a female YA sim and later added a male roomie to the household.

Testing at Spa Community Lot:
    MC and other part only loaded and no config file so a new one was created. - no FM option
    Changed all the [Default] settings in extra part to their opposite so every setting was changed. - No FM option
    Went back to [Default] settings and changed things one at a time (very laborious where restarts are needed) - No FM option

Testing at Sim Home Lot:
    MC and extra part only loaded with [Default] settings
    Hired L9 massage therapist by clicking on Massage Table on Home Lot - No FM option available from Massage Therapist.
    Active Sim cheated Wellness Skill to L9 - FM Now Appears.

My Conclusions:
    with MC extra part loaded:
    Selected Sim CAN GIVE Fertility Massage at Home Lot Massage Table (L9 Wellness needed)
    {The above works for both household and visiting sims}
    Selected Sim Cannot receive or 'ask for' Fertility Massage at a Home Lot Massage Table
    Selected Sim Cannot receive or 'ask for' Fertility Massage at Community Lots
    I could find no MCCC settings to influence the above.

OK that's me finished with this.

Sent straight to DP via PM. THANKS! :)
  • Options

Thanks for the link. :) I'm really not sure, I haven't had time to try abduction stuff yet.

It is NOT *usually* a good idea to edit settings via the config file, because Python is super-picky, and it's easy to mess things up. I've messed it up before, I'm not one to pretend I've never made a mistake.

But, we did just get an update, and sometimes we DO have to go in and edit things that way, if something gets fouled up in the UI. I'm not saying that IS what's going on with this right now, just that it's been known to happen before, with various settings.

Besides, way back in the early days, before 2.0.0, we all had to edit the cfg file manually. There WAS no UI interface till then. ;) So a lot of us DO know how. The UI is TONS easier... as long as it works right. Seems to be, overall, but like I said I haven't done a lot of DIFFERENT things since the update, yet.

If you end up with a non-working MC because your cfg file goofs up, try this site:

http://jsonlint.com/#

Copy and paste your WHOLE mc_settings.cfg file (*everything*... use Select All) and paste it into the box you'll see there. Click "Validate JSON" at the bottom. It'll either come up with a Valid JSON message, or, it'll show you where errors are, and also, what it's looking for and not finding on those lines. Very Handy.

Another tip, Captain Obvious level maybe... but to get a new DEFAULT copy of the settings file (safety net, troubleshooting, etc), move yours to the desktop and run the game again. You'll see a log message about not having that file and it being made. Then you can exit out and swap out the default copy for your own settings file. (Sometimes it isn't a bad idea to start fresh.)

Keep me posted.

Okay, so I reset the "mc_settings.cfg" file, removed all mods, and tried adjusting the Occult module manually. On both "High" and "Alien Invasion" it was a dismal failure, i.e. same results as before. :| I've posted my problem on Mod the Sims, with a .zip file attached that contains lastException files and a screenshot of my mods folder.

Thanks for the tip on resetting "mc_settings.cfg". :)

• Options
    mariepeek28mariepeek28 Posts: 172 Member
    i have a newbie question and i feel stupid asking it but with city life will there be another update to mods?
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    i have a newbie question and i feel plum asking it but with city life will there be another update to mods?
    Probably not- the patch should cover everything.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    i have a newbie question and i feel plum asking it but with city life will there be another update to mods?

Not unless something new breaks. The relevant scripts were all in last week's game patch, the download for CL is mostly tuning files, if I understood Deaderpool correctly.

As long as everybody realizes 3.0.0 is OUTDATED, because a few errors cropped up, and it was versioned up (to fix those issues) to 3.0.1 on 10/30... as far as I know right now, MC 3.0.1 should be working fine with the CL patch and EP.

Broken record: if ALL of your MC-related ts4script files are dated 10/30, you should be fine.

If ANY of those files, including the extra piece at the other site, have any other date than 10/30... REDOWNLOAD.

(I've bought and installed CL, haven't fired it up yet. Just got home again, net check first.)

Edit: BTW, don't pay any attention to the package files dates. Those vary depending on whether menu items have changed, or when new language translations are uploaded later. Those won't be dated 10/30 for long, if they are right now.

It's only the ts4scripts that are important for dates. MOST of the time, those files don't change between versions of MC, without some kind of notice or later version number tacked on (because sometimes it HAS happened. Not with 3.0.x).

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top