Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    i think i got it but when i click the computer no mc options show up. but they do in the start menu,

That was happening with 2.16 after the patch. Are you SURE you tried with 3.0 files? They should mostly be dated today.

yes

And your folder looks like the picture I posted? (Mostly?)
    i think i got it but when i click the computer no mc options show up. but they do in the start menu,

That was happening with 2.16 after the patch. Are you SURE you tried with 3.0 files? They should mostly be dated today.

yes

Enable logging, if it isn't. Check for your mc_cmd_center.log file (any text editor will open it). What's in there?
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

yes

Enable logging, if it isn't. Check for your mc_cmd_center.log file (any text editor will open it). What's in there?

all the usual modules are there. i won't be downloading the last one til i figure this out.
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member

yes

all the usual modules are there. i won't be downloading the last one til i figure this out.

egwarhammer asked you to open your mc_cmd_center.log did it give you any info?
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
    itsug wrote: »

yes

how do iopen that? i never had problems like this before.
    edited October 2016

yes

You should be able to open it with notepad since it is just a text file with information.
    It should be in the same mods folder where you have the rest of the mod. :)
    It's a text file. Notepad will open it.

[10/28/16 18:13:41]Initializing Alarms

If that's your first line, good. If not, what is? what do you see? Post it. I don't mind (copy/paste).
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Just checked /Sims4 and found a 2500-LINE (that's like OMG epic!!!) Lastexception file from having 25 in my Adjust Sims on Lots setting. O.o 3.81 MB file. It's been AGES since I've seen one like that!!

Make sure things aren't blowing up behind the scenes. Keep an eye on log entries and /Sims4 for your very own LastExceptions.

so... wait, we should NOT change that setting to anything higher than 20?? i thought that was an issue with MC before 3.0, but it is still causing issues?

Apparently so. Leaving that on 20 for now would be best. He's already mentioned a likely 3.0.1 hotfix when he gets home.

Also, someone's mentioned a problem with the extra part... "once you start, you can't stop"... and that's all I'm saying about that. If you have trouble, take that part out till DP gets home. I haven't tried it yet.

Right now, we're all bug hunting, whether we know it or not. He wants to know what we find. Including UI inconsistencies. So take 3.0 for a spin and keep an eye open for anything odd or out of place. Help incoming. ;)

Oh, God... I want to know.... I'm going into my game to do some "test runs" and see if that means what I think it means cause I seriously can't stop laughing if it does. :D:D:D
    p8L4V6v.png
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    Just checked /Sims4 and found a 2500-LINE (that's like OMG epic!!!) Lastexception file from having 25 in my Adjust Sims on Lots setting. O.o 3.81 MB file. It's been AGES since I've seen one like that!!

Make sure things aren't blowing up behind the scenes. Keep an eye on log entries and /Sims4 for your very own LastExceptions.

so... wait, we should NOT change that setting to anything higher than 20?? i thought that was an issue with MC before 3.0, but it is still causing issues?

Apparently so. Leaving that on 20 for now would be best. He's already mentioned a likely 3.0.1 hotfix when he gets home.

Also, someone's mentioned a problem with the extra part... "once you start, you can't stop"... and that's all I'm saying about that. If you have trouble, take that part out till DP gets home. I haven't tried it yet.

Right now, we're all bug hunting, whether we know it or not. He wants to know what we find. Including UI inconsistencies. So take 3.0 for a spin and keep an eye open for anything odd or out of place. Help incoming. ;)

Oh, God... I want to know.... I'm going into my game to do some "test runs" and see if that means what I think it means cause I seriously can't stop laughing if it does. :D:D:D

Check your PMs. I should've thought of you sooner! Hahaha!!

yes

You should be able to open it with notepad since it is just a text file with information.

@itsug are you going to be around for a while?

Cheerleader's about whipped, it's been an intense day. And hubby's yakking in the background... I can't focus any more. To the point of, I told him if he was ever kidnapped and they stuffed a sock in his mouth, his head would explode, and kill all of them.

LOLOL!! (He laughed too... said he hadn't been around anybody he WANTED to talk to today... {work joy}... till he got home. Haha!)

yes

Cheerleader's about whipped, it's been an intense day. And hubby's yakking in the background... I can't focus any more. To the point of, I told him if he was ever kidnapped and they stuffed a sock in his mouth, his head would explode, and kill all of them.

LOLOL!! (He laughed too... said he hadn't been around anybody he WANTED to talk to today... {work joy}... till he got home. Haha!)

thats sweet.
    Sorry, its almost 2AM here, so Im heading for bed as we speak.
    Good Night! :)

yes

thats sweet.

Nite @itsug! :) I'll try to muddle through without you... till I fall out here, too. Eventually. Caffeine is a thing. <3

Here's a better picture, this one shows the log file I wanted to see if you had. :)

291jey8.jpg
  • LolaMackTMLolaMackTM Posts: 7 New Member
    Think im encountering some issues with woohooing. Sims just not doing it...
    LolaMackTM wrote: »

Check comments where you downloaded it from. Something's borked. A few there are troubleshooting/info gathering as we speak. :)
  • ValmionValmion Posts: 89 Member

Mine is the reverse, not stopping once started........

Valmion wrote: »

Mine is the reverse, not stopping once started........

THAT's what's been reported. In some detail. We can't talk much about it here, though. Comments there (where the file lives) would be where to go for more info.

yes

thats sweet.

Nite @itsug! :) I'll try to muddle through without you... till I fall out here, too. Eventually. Caffeine is a thing. <3

Here's a better picture, this one shows the log file I wanted to see if you had. :)

291jey8.jpg

yes i do have that. and it does have 10 28 as the date.

yes

thats sweet.

291jey8.jpg

yes i do have that. and it does have 10 28 as the date.

Cool. So... open it! :D

What's in there?

edited October 2016

yes

thats sweet.

291jey8.jpg

same as yours i haven't installed the other yet. the one from the other site.
    @friendsfan367 Any LastExceptions in /Sims4?

Any other mods or cc in? I have MC, SSI, and a few cc files I can't mention installed. (Jury's out on SOME of those, but the one I really want still works.)

That's ALL, here. All my other mods and cc are still waiting for me to clear THIS batch. One piece at a time, if need be.

If you do have other mods in, check this thread, the first post is being updated:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/903114/broken-updated-mods-oct-27-16-cl

But she's not covering cc, just mods.

If there's a cc list for this patch, I haven't seen that yet.

Any other mods or cc in? I have MC, SSI, and a few cc files I can't mention installed. (Jury's out on SOME of those, but the one I really want still works.)

That's ALL, here. All my other mods and cc are still waiting for me to clear THIS batch. One piece at a time, if need be.

If you do have other mods in, check this thread, the first post is being updated:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/903114/broken-updated-mods-oct-27-16-cl

i have a few eyes a urinal and a adhd mod.
  • LolaMackTMLolaMackTM Posts: 7 New Member
    @edgwarhammer - thanks going to check it out now.

@valmion - dont know which i'd prefer... :neutral:

i have a few eyes a urinal and a adhd mod.

Will you put a copy of your save file on your desktop and try loading your game with JUST MC installed, for me? I've had a skin file mess up, it could be the eyes, or it still could be any of your other mods, too. Check where you got them just to be sure, but I'd really appreciate a bare bones test from you. :)
  • ValmionValmion Posts: 89 Member
    @valmion - dont know which i'd prefer... :neutral:

I would respond with something witty, but alas, think it might get me in trouble here.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top