Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited October 2016
    itsug wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, what time is it at your place now @egwarhammer ? it's 12PM over in Sweden when I ask. :)

According to her twitter account, it's eastern standard time. Due to DST change in EU this morning they should be 5h behind CET (07:20 am at the time of posting). Usually it's -6h and as far as I can see, they will change their DST back to normal on NOV 6th.

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Well, she is back online, so she only got a few hrs sleep.. *gives a bucket of coffee* :P
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Two hours sleep. Your midnight message posted showing 7am here, @itsug :)

I'm not sure WHY I'm up again after only 2 hours sleep... I was in a PM to DP, one line I wrote was, "how'd it get to be 4am already??" and then I laid down for a while. I thought. I really had staying down a while longer in mind... ?

Caffeine FTW, woke up and started drinking Pepsi (nothing abnormal here).

And rolling new saves, and playing with settings, yada yada. I currently have marriage and pregnancy both set to run 7/7 nights. New game, I'm trying to make stuff happen. That'll make stuff happen, for sure! (IF it's working right.) :smiley:

We'll probably see a MC hotfix today. :)

Morning, gang! <3
  • ParkPark Posts: 625 Member

For the record, Miki, who handles all this technical geek rubbish, had no issues loading 3.0 into the game and having it function properly.
    Side notation: I just realised what "TFB" is. I had no issues with it, but that could possibly be on account of my not using it in my game, I am slow on the uptake with abbreviations such as these, sorry.
    When installing successor versions of this mod, all "we" do is "cut and paste" every file save for .pdf "How To" files in the downloaded MTS MC Command zip folder on into the Mods folder and overwrite what is in there.
    It has not failed as of yet and the Mods folder looks precisely like the one pictured above.
    We also run 32-bit Windows 10 on the machine in which the game is located.

Once again, it loaded well and runs appropriately to date, as does the other dead pool "supplemental" mod.
    Bonxie wrote: »
    @egwarhammer My apologies. When you tagged me, it was at dead of night in my part of the world, so I saw the issue only one hour ago. And unfortunately right now it's dead of night in the US - darn.

@friendsfan367 Never give up, never surrender! :) Should we give it another try?

I'm a bit confused, because some posts before, you said, if you go in the game to Game Options > Other and press the "Show Custom Content" button, MCCC is shown as installed Mod in the list.

If you do, does it look somewhat like this (click on "show")?:
    y3m_CzisgJxYEVlLe2dsMsXDOm4ypaCbuXXeUXRgGRbizPXgDt675OActOgwRiZcx_EwpmwRLvcqrvOS4EyzqXzlDcf5xG7ngJEaUkkExTGT5QqZ9VadHgzPJf080mCvb3JO0t0fyqNVRy9GbCLvJgRjcaZG1aVW5Whwuw8NTxibxI?width=404&height=541&cropmode=none

Could you please confirm?

Of course the content of the list will differ and you probably have to scroll down, but the entry "mc_cmd_center" has to be somewhere in there. If it looks like this, MCCC is recognized by the game and we don't have to worry about proper installation. If not, then we will have a closer look at your Mod folder.

But first we have to narrow down the issue.

I have a feeling I know what that was from, and @Bonxie you will, too.

If she had the ZIP files in her /Mods folder, it's a good chance the game WAS trying to read them as actual SCRIPT files... related back to my "history lesson" on old-style zip script mods. MC used to be a bunch of .zip files, too.

EA can't really lock out zip file inclusion (keep in mind I don't know the right "technical" terms here), because not everybody modding went to the .ts4script extension.

So, zips in /Mods get looked at, and might LOOK like they're installed, but in MC's case, it is absolutely 100% NOT going to work with "two zip files" dropped into that /MC folder.

If you have the zip AND the copied-out package and ts4script files in the same folder, the game will try to load the mod twice. At least. It does not go well.

This is why I preach to NOT put the zips in /MC at all. PDF files don't matter, they are not game files and are completely ignored. But zips COULD be actual mod files, and that's why they create problems when you put them in the folder to get at what's inside them, and then don't take them out again once the "real" files you need are in place.

Guaranteed hairball.
    edited October 2016
    ...This is why I preach to NOT put the zips in /MC at all...

This is imho also problematic. You know that the default rescource.cfg only allows the Mod directroy and no subdirectory as a valid Mod storage. You have your MCCC files in a subfolder...\Mods\MC, and I of course as well. I organized my Mod folder down to five sublevels. But in the end this makes editing the resource.cfg mandatory.

In my home forum unedited resource.cfg is one of the most frequent issues. @crinrict has also a howto for editing rescource.cfg in their blog.
    Post edited by Bonxie on
    ...This is why I preach to NOT put the zips in /MC at all...

This is imho also problematic. You know that the default rescource.cfg only allows the Mod directroy and no subdirectory as a valid Mod storage. You have your MCCC files in a subfolder...\Mods\MC, and I of course as well. I organized my Mod folder down to five sublevels. But in the end this makes editing the resource.cfg mandatory.

In my home forum unedited resource.cfg is one of the most frequent issues. @crinrict has also a howto for editing rescource.cfg in their blog.

But... EA *fixed* that!!

Original file we used to get:

Priority 500
    PackedFile *.package
    PackedFile *\*.package

The file that comes with Sims4 now is this:

Priority 500
    PackedFile *.package
    PackedFile */*.package
    PackedFile */*/*.package
    PackedFile */*/*/*.package
    PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package
    PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package

And I was able to copy/paste all of this from a message from MC *yesterday*... there ARE still people with the old file in place, I mean.

I would probably not have realized that... I figured everybody'd had occasion to refresh their Sims4 folder at least once, by now. (Which would result in having the more-fleshed-out Resource.cfg file.)
    edited October 2016
    I removed my MC subfolder from the Mod directory and replaced it with the original zip file from the MTS download. Just for fun - very interesting. I didn't know that the game mechanics are able to deal with it, or at least to fake it. Of course it's not working that way and there is no MC option in the pie menus.

Now it looks like this. Note that it's now filed with a different header:
    y3m0f5RvL1THTpDElf54LpIZjKeFCFp6L0lMfNkkYLx2j0wVu9a6r97HQOSb9uTmX-YfChFy13gKoYpvx-DSoQfpziN0I1bN185MiCqne1tcehb81lV_zJjXANWTbqlK4n5IUQebi70MgItxwdrzu7B1rf4Cd1NpcLkdUkX3zVJG4w?width=402&height=544&cropmode=none

...in contrast to the proper installation:
    y3m_CzisgJxYEVlLe2dsMsXDOm4ypaCbuXXeUXRgGRbizPXgDt675OActOgwRiZcx_EwpmwRLvcqrvOS4EyzqXzlDcf5xG7ngJEaUkkExTGT5QqZ9VadHgzPJf080mCvb3JO0t0fyqNVRy9GbCLvJgRjcaZG1aVW5Whwuw8NTxibxI?width=404&height=541&cropmode=none

I updated my post to prevent missunderstandings.
    Post edited by Bonxie on
  • CarpeNoctemSimsCarpeNoctemSims Posts: 328 Member
    I thought I read that ts4script don't like being buried too deep inside folder, regardless of how you set up the resource file.

*shrugs*
    I thought I read that ts4script don't like being buried too deep inside folder, regardless of how you set up the resource file.

*shrugs*

Right. Any script mod can't go below IN /Mods OR in Mods/Folder.

Package files aren't as "special" as script files, THEY can be dropped in up to 5 levels deep.

Nerd stuff. ;)

Cool, you're around. I just sent you a PM at MTS. B)

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i gave up. i run sims on win 10 so the other way was easier. also i'm stating to get computer bugs

What "other way"? Win 10 is no excuse for anything. I have it too. Same MC install process as I used with 8.1.

MC installs one way. That's it.

You're losing me, and I really don't know how to help you, without being able to see more of what YOU are looking at.

The troubleshooter PDF would help, the steps are the same as they've been since EA added disabling mods to their patch process. Try reading through that.

If you didn't keep it, here's the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wbnapz0xa6f670s/July 22 Troubleshooter MCCC 2.12.0.pdf?dl=0

If you do what it says, it should work.

If you put the proper files into /MC like the picture I REposted earlier shows, MC should work.

I don't know what else to say... I'm sorry. I can't do it for you, from here.

And it KILLS me to feel this way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry i was tired i meant the orginal way . i am grateful for all the help you gave me in the past and yesterday. and i meant what i said before i am happy we met. youve been very patient with my lack of computer skills from the day we met. thank you.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    @itsug I'm just now getting to test my Adjust Sims on Lot settings to see if it helps fix my issue (cause I have narrowed it down to a MCCC issue, as it doesn't do it when that mod is out of my game, but I can't find anywhere in my Adjust Sims on Lot options where a number goes. All my settings have the default [ ] around the name with a > in front of it. And when I click one, it simply takes the > away.

Where do I go to see if my number is different then 20 sims?

Also, I'm noticing next to no sims coming to my lots. I haven't tested this with MCCC out, but wondering if it might relate since there seems to be an issue with sims on lots with MCCC.
    p8L4V6v.png
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    @itsug I'm just now getting to test my Adjust Sims on Lot settings to see if it helps fix my issue (cause I have narrowed it down to a MCCC issue, as it doesn't do it when that mod is out of my game, but I can't find anywhere in my Adjust Sims on Lot options where a number goes. All my settings have the default [ ] around the name with a > in front of it. And when I click one, it simply takes the > away.

Also, I'm noticing next to no sims coming to my lots. I haven't tested this with MCCC out, but wondering if it might relate since there seems to be an issue with sims on lots with MCCC.

Same place, but it's the button ABOVE that one... Maximum Sims in Zone is where you set the NUMBER, Adjust Sims on Lots is where you choose the various lots (when you aren't using default 20, which we should ALL be doing, till the hotfix is out). ;)

Someone else mentioned not many sims around, at MC... I'm seeing that here, too. I visited a nightclub (about 9am though :smiley: ) and had to hire a DJ myself... but the bartender showed up fine. Not too busy around there, I figured that was just time of day related.

Went to a gym, got a trainer, and more people are coming and going on that lot.

I have two Jasmines. (I seriously dislike Jasmine.)

IOW something is weird (game-affecting), but it doesn't seem to be BREAKING anything. Much.

Skills are acting a little weird. Last night with the skill rate adjustment on 10 and a flagged sim, I couldn't tell it was doing *anything.* Today it's better, but I think lot traits are playing into it, because it LOOKS to me like some skills are increasing faster than others. Wondering if that's true, and if so, how it ties in.

I dunno. I'll be glad to see the hotfix. :)

edited October 2016
    @ChelleJo Is your Randomize Visiting Sims true or false?

Never mind, DP's around and said it doesn't matter. Safe either way. Turned mine on again. ;)
    Post edited by egwarhammer on
    Are you guys seeing more game freezes since 1.24 overall? That is NOT from MC, mine's been doing it all along SOME, but it is SO MUCH WORSE now.

One workaround mentioned is to take our TRAY out and only put it back when we need to use our Library.

The more I think about that, the madder I'm getting.

THEM butchering gameplay elements (sims, relationships, relationship levels) wasn't good enough... NOW they want us to play without actual game files, TOO????????

I mean, seriously. REALLY?????

I can understand the "if you aren't camping, take out OR" philosophy Sims3 would've engineered. Lots of people couldn't play with all of 3 installed.

IMO they're asking US to jump in on their "butcher this to make that work" train, and that has just REALLY set my nerves on edge, today.
    @egwarhammer My apologies. When you tagged me, it was at dead of night in my part of the world, so I saw the issue only one hour ago. And unfortunately right now it's dead of night in the US - darn.

@friendsfan367 Never give up, never surrender! :) Should we give it another try?

I'm a bit confused, because some posts before, you said, if you go in the game to Game Options > Other and press the "Show Custom Content" button, MCCC is shown as installed Mod in the list.

If you do, does it look somewhat like this (click on "show")?:

Could you please confirm?

Of course the content of the list will differ and you probably have to scroll down, but the entry "mc_cmd_center" has to be somewhere in there. The entry has to look precisely like this. Other entries like "MTS_Deaderpool_1653014_McCmdCenter_AllModules_3_0_0" are caused by a failed installation.

If it looks like this, MCCC is recognized by the game and we don't have to worry about proper installation. If not, then we will have a closer look at your Mod folder.

But first we have to narrow down the issue.

i think we did the issue is me not mc. i like mc because before i got it my sims patients kept wandering around the hospital. their harder to catch without mc. i decied to keep trying because i can use the files eggy provided and i owe it to her to at least try. because i actually learned a lot .
    now i have a queston i downloaded the files you posted . but they say 2. 16. is that wrong?
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »

Same place, but it's the button ABOVE that one... Maximum Sims in Zone is where you set the NUMBER, Adjust Sims on Lots is where you choose the various lots (when you aren't using default 20, which we should ALL be doing, till the hotfix is out). ;)

Someone else mentioned not many sims around, at MC... I'm seeing that here, too. I visited a nightclub (about 9am though :smiley: ) and had to hire a DJ myself... but the bartender showed up fine. Not too busy around there, I figured that was just time of day related.

Went to a gym, got a trainer, and more people are coming and going on that lot.

I have two Jasmines. (I seriously dislike Jasmine.)

IOW something is weird (game-affecting), but it doesn't seem to be BREAKING anything. Much.

Skills are acting a little weird. Last night with the skill rate adjustment on 10 and a flagged sim, I couldn't tell it was doing *anything.* Today it's better, but I think lot traits are playing into it, because it LOOKS to me like some skills are increasing faster than others. Wondering if that's true, and if so, how it ties in.

I dunno. I'll be glad to see the hotfix. :)

@ChelleJo Is your Randomize Visiting Sims true or false?

Never mind, DP's around and said it doesn't matter. Safe either way. Turned mine on again. ;)

Thank you! I did find that setting. It was on 30, so I did - at some point - change that. I set it back to 20 and haven't had a problem traveling since (though, granted I haven't traveled a LOT, but I was having the issue with the mover and shakers gym and I tested that one and no problem after setting 20 again).

My sim was literally the only sim at the gym. We were there for several hours and no one showed up, not even a trainer. Yes, my randomize visiting sim is on, but I still tend to see the same sims everywhere (when I do see sims, now). Even before the patch.

I have two Jasmine's, too. They look different then one another and I swear they work in shifts. My long-haired Jasmine was stalking my house, she begin walking away and when she was halfway off my property, short-haired Jasmine showed up in front of my house to finish stalking my sim. I'll be glad for her to be gone. She bugs me... both of her.

p8L4V6v.png
    now i have a queston i downloaded the files you posted . but they say 2. 16. is that wrong?

Have you already patched for City Living? If you have, you need to get the MC 3.0 files from the website(s) if you use all of it.

But here's the thing, he's going to release a hotfix after while. Since you haven't had much luck so far with this, why don't you wait till after I let everybody know the new file is ready? :)

Or you could install it twice in one day... again... hahaha!! (I remember, it wasn't ONE day then, it was two, but I really do expect the new file to be along anytime now. He's online. <shrug> )

You might've downloaded files I intended for people who have NOT updated for the new patch. If you have not, those ARE the files you should still be using.

Have you already patched for City Living? If you have, you need to get the MC 3.0 files from the website(s) if you use all of it.

But here's the thing, he's going to release a hotfix after while. Since you haven't had much luck so far with this, why don't you wait till after I let everybody know the new file is ready? :)

Or you could install it twice in one day... again... hahaha!! (I remember, it wasn't ONE day then, it was two, but I really do expect the new file to be along anytime now. He's online. <shrug> )

You might've downloaded files I intended for people who have NOT updated for the new patch. If you have not, those ARE the files you should still be using.

okay i'll wait.
    @ChelleJo

clean_jasmine (cheat bar) is still a thing. >:)

Although I am curious how come you have both old and new... both mine are new and look like they could be twins.

@friendsfan367 That'll work. If we can nail it in ONE install, a little later, I'm for that. :)

I'll let everybody know when he drops it... unless I nap out (unlikely, I *want* this), in which case we can pick somebody else on both sites to "watch." Cool?
    @ChelleJo

Although I am curious how come you have both old and new... both mine are new and look like they could be twins.

@friendsfan367 That'll work. If we can nail it in ONE install, a little later, I'm for that. :)

I'll let everybody know when he drops it... unless I nap out (unlikely, I *want* this), in which case we can pick somebody else on both sites to "watch." Cool?

now we just need my non nerd brain to work.
    @ChelleJo

You know that picture? /Mods/MC I posted? You could save a copy of that to your desktop while we wait. It'll be handy. ;)

Go to this post: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15313288/#Comment_15313288

The MC and Game Options pictures are there. To save them, in that post, right click the picture with your mouse.

Pick Save Image As... and you'll get a box where you can name it whatever you want, and save a local copy.
    @ChelleJo

You know that picture? /Mods/MC I posted? You could save a copy of that to your desktop while we wait. It'll be handy. ;)

Go to this post: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15313288/#Comment_15313288

The MC and Game Options pictures are there. To save them, in that post, right click the picture with your mouse.

Pick Save Image As... and you'll get a box where you can name it whatever you want, and save a local copy.

got it .i was actually able to copy it.
  • CarpeNoctemSimsCarpeNoctemSims Posts: 328 Member
    Are you guys seeing more game freezes since 1.24 overall? That is NOT from MC, mine's been doing it all along SOME, but it is SO MUCH WORSE now.

Running errands and doing boring RL stuff, will check the other forum.

Meanwhile, check to see if the patch changed you from 32 to 64 bit. It did pretty much almost everybody I've talked to, changing it back to 64 seems to get rid of the lag for some.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top