Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    kakey2003kakey2003 Posts: 38 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    Did not know that there is a reflection in the pool at all!

I think it can depend on your graphic settings!
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,468 Member
    If you have a woohoo bush on your residential lot ( :* ) a pregnant Sim with morning sickness seems to prefer to throw up in the woohoo bush rather than the loo... :#
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    kakey2003 wrote: »
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    Did not know that there is a reflection in the pool at all!

I think it can depend on your graphic settings!

Yeah I just realized that haha. I just got a new computer so my graphics are on ultra right now and everything looks completely different
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    If you have a woohoo bush on your residential lot ( :* ) a pregnant Sim with morning sickness seems to prefer to throw up in the woohoo bush rather than the loo... :#

lol I had a sim do this while her parents were woohooing in it, they were not happy when they stepped out.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    This has probably been mentioned but I only realized this today, That when a sim is doing something, like painting repairing whatever it is, down on the left corner there is a pic of what their doing now this isn't new to me, what is, is the green band around the icon the more the circle is green the closer they are to finishing what they are doing, now this is new to me. I was thinking it would be great if we had an indication on how long it was going to take and how far has he finished repairing the sink. and I then thought EA wouldn't leave something like that out, where would they put it?? then it clicked. lol

I have noticed this since day one but this can sometimes be misleading and inaccurate - sometimes the bar is not moving and then rushes to the end when the action is finished. Sometimes the action finishes earlier and the bar gets stuck somewhere in the middle and the icon disappears

Ever since I noticed it, I now think of that bar as more of an estimation than an actual time...no idea if it's supposed to be like that though. Maybe it pauses periodically to take mood, moodlets and needs into account and goes based on that.

Yah, I always thought of it this way too like a percentage of how much of it is done.

Hey @DeKay , just wondering who is that at the bottom?
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • Options
    Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member

Always find it odd that they pefer to run outside and use that. Started taking it away until after the baby is born.
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • Options
    thesimsserbiathesimsserbia Posts: 510 Member
    Not sure if I had a glitch or what, but I made a new family yesterday for one of my houses and when I went to play them both the Mother and Father already had the Police career. both were detectives.

this not glitch,if you build new family and you did not find job to them automaticly game use uneployed sim for job where is niden.if you go after in som other household and play thouse others and after while back to that family they maybe dont work enymore there..its not glith
  • Options
    ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    Did you know there are hidden lots in TS4? The forgotten grotto in Oasis Springs and Sylvan Glade in Willow Creek...
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • Options
    HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    @thesimsserbia Thank you was wondering what caused it, has never did it to me before.
  • Options
    i dont know if reed this before,your sim can have invitation call to birthday party and if he r she itend party going with all selebration of birtday,there is carterer who prepere cake and sim ho invited you after while blow candles and age up
  • Options
    sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    i dont know if reed this before,your sim can have invitation call to birthday party and if he r she itend party going with all selebration of birtday,there is carterer who prepere cake and sim ho invited you after while blow candles and age up

I believe the sim ages up, even if you do not attend.
  • Options
    Have your kids listen to music while they do their homework to boost their fun while they do it!
  • Options
    HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    edited September 2016
    I have many Sims in my towns and the ones I don't play have aged up right along with the couple I do play all the time. Some of them have passed on already, both sisters and brother of my Sim along with his Mother and Father have all gone to the netherland now. No going back to play them.
  • Options

I believe the sim ages up, even if you do not attend.

i think no
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    It's easier to extinguish a spontaneous fire on your lot if you first cancel the " Fire!" panic action in the action queue before you click the fire and select extinguish. It took me awhile to figure this out because I tend to get as panicked as my sims do, lol.
  • Options
    When your sim's hygiene bar is on red (When they get all filthy) I only just noticed their hair darkens a bit too! I thought it was just a body overlay thingy but looks like it's hair too!
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Just found that when romantic interests go to a restuarant in the morning, they'll get a flirty romantic breakfast buff. It's quite cute!
  • Options
    Just found that when romantic interests go to a restuarant in the morning, they'll get a flirty romantic breakfast buff. It's quite cute!

That's adorable! ^_^
  • Options
    loulouloulou Posts: 71 Member
    If you have the Party Animal aspiration and also have an active career, getting your work progress bar to the silver position counts towards 'Earn silver on 3 social events'. My sim had 3 good days at work and got the goal ticked off without ever throwing a party.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,468 Member
    loulou wrote: »
    If you have the Party Animal aspiration and also have an active career, getting your work progress bar to the silver position counts towards 'Earn silver on 3 social events'. My sim had 3 good days at work and got the goal ticked off without ever throwing a party.

Hmm, that sounds like a bug? A useful one, but a bug nonetheless I think.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,300 Member
    I didn't know energized sims with cooking skill could cook a Protein energized meal.
  • Options
    I didn't know energized sims with cooking skill could cook a Protein energized meal.

I think that quite a lot of the emotions have special meals, such as Gummy Bear Pancakes with the Playful mood!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,614 Member
    kakey2003 wrote: »

I think that quite a lot of the emotions have special meals, such as Gummy Bear Pancakes with the Playful mood!

Hello
    The other two meals are ":Angry Flaming Spaghetti " which needs sims to be angry and "Flirty Heart Cookies " which needs sims to be flirty.
  • Options
    LishacakeLishacake Posts: 296 Member
    You can get a seemingly never-ending supply of trash piles by purchasing garbage cans and getting a sim to kick them over. This was useful for me because I needed to make dungeon cells for story purposes, so they needed to look filthy.

Now, I didn't realise (given that my sims love to autonomously clean things, even though we have a maid) that if you leave trash sitting for a while, it not only begins to smell and attract flies, but it'll also start oozing. Green puddles of goo will appear and create popping bubbles.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top