Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• SimzSizzleSimzSizzle Posts: 433 Member
    Just found that when romantic interests go to a restuarant in the morning, they'll get a flirty romantic breakfast buff. It's quite cute!

it happens if they're not romantic too. My Sim invited a girl he hardly knew from around town to eat at a restaurant with him & they got flirty. nipped it in the bud real quick ! because they're just supposed to be friends, and she has a bf.
    edited October 2016
    MistyLake wrote: »
    Have female sims' hairstyle always changed when they go to bath? I played Bella last night and her hair went from her normal hair to one of those "updo hairstyles" when she got naked.

Yeah, I noticed Bella's hair did that when I first played her. She's the only premade to do so as far as I can tell, and I've never seen Sims I've made do that. I do believe it stopped doing that when I edited her outfits in CAS, but I'd have to look in that Save to be sure. Since then, they've unlocked Nude as an option, so they must have been able to set the updo for Nude. I wonder if we can unlock to choose that somehow? I think it'd be neat to have that option. Odd thing was, tho, I don't remember it doing that when she showered, only bathed.

me too think it'd be neat to have that option :)
    ah just saw @rosemow reference to a thread about it, thanks Rosemow :)
    edited October 2016
    uzumo wrote: »
    I did not know that I cannot have my sim increase his skill of level 9 while reading fitness: vol. 3 skill book. I tried to have my sim increase his fitness skill. He was at level 9. The skill bar did not appear, and he got a bored moodlet.

its hard to tell which books to use for which skill level. My Sim was at level 2 handiness, I had him read first book for skill and he got bored because he was too advanced. But with Sims 3 each skill book goes for the first 3 skill levels. They changed it in 4.
    rosemow wrote: »
    uzumo wrote: »
    I did not know that I cannot have my sim increase his skill of level 9 while reading fitness: vol. 3 skill book. I tried to have my sim increase his fitness skill. He was at level 9. The skill bar did not appear, and he got a bored moodlet.

Hello @uzumo .
    Your sim needs you to do the skill when you are at level 9, to max out skills. This quote from Carl's Sims 4 site explains about skill books
    Skill Books
    Skills may be learned from Skill Books, read at the Library or purchased from the computer for use at home. In The Sims 4, you can learn the first four levels of a Skill from the first volume, though you must reread the book to do so. You will not gain Skill level from Volume 2 or 3 until you've reached level 4. Volume 2 works up to level 7, at which point you can read Volume 3. The last volume will only take your Skill to level 9, requiring you to at last use the Skill for Mastery.
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/skills/

thanks for the information @rosemow :) Kind of figured there was a change from Sims 3, but wouldn't have known how it worked if not for this information.
    DougMont wrote: »
    Maybe someone already told this, but it's really much worth becoming a self employed writer than joining the writer carrer. After a writing lots of good books you can get rich only by receiving the income from these books.
    Another way to get rich is planting and selling the dragon fruit. I made more than a million simmoleons just by selling perfect dragon fruits... They make A LOT of money.

that and blackberries.
  • lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    I didn't know that these glasses were striped. how bad is my computer? this can't be how it's supposed to be.
    6ft8wh.png
    Maybe someone already told this, but it's really much worth becoming a self employed writer than joining the writer carrer. After a writing lots of good books you can get rich only by receiving the income from these books.
    Another way to get rich is planting and selling the dragon fruit. I made more than a million simmoleons just by selling perfect dragon fruits... They make A LOT of money.

And if you manage to get your hands on one of the alien fruits that came with GTW (I use the orb fruit), you can make a killing. One of my gardener Sims has a plot full of perfect orb fruits - she makes over a quarter of a million simmoleons every week. She has more money than she'll ever spend in a lifetime :D

how do they get the orb fruit ?
    I just found out you can find the skull people When you are going to travel, it will show any that you already know there . My Male sim was one and his wife was able to get a skull from him. Anyways your friends who are made up will show on that list and you can go to where they are and ask for a skull

what are the skull people ? and what do you do with the skulls ?
    Hello @SimzSizzle .
    The incense scent that helps with the energised mood is invigorating cinammon .

oh thanks @rosemow this will come in very handy ! much appreciated
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    edited October 2016
    SimzSizzle wrote: »
    Hello @SimzSizzle .

You're welcome :)

The orb fruit, fang flower and quill fruit are plants that are found in the alien world, Sixam @SimzSizzle
    http://simsvip.com/sims-4-get-to-work-game-guide/#Other
    edited October 2016
    Hello @SimzSizzle .

You're welcome :)

The orb fruit, fang flower and quill fruit are plants that are found in the alien world, Sixam @SimzSizzle
    http://simsvip.com/sims-4-get-to-work-game-guide/#Other

ok, thanks. Do they have to create a rocket ship or something to get there ?
    nevermind @rosemow did a quick google and found this (save you some time)
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/worlds/gettowork-sixam.php
  • meepweepmeepweep Posts: 309 Member
    This might have been mentioned, but when you buy supplies in Granite Falls you can buy Growfruit. I was surprised and pleased by this fact!
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

And if you manage to get your hands on one of the alien fruits that came with GTW (I use the orb fruit), you can make a killing. One of my gardener Sims has a plot full of perfect orb fruits - she makes over a quarter of a million simmoleons every week. She has more money than she'll ever spend in a lifetime :D

how do they get the orb fruit ?

My Sim (or, rather, her father who was a scientist) got it from visiting Sixam and harvesting it there, but I believe there's also a small chance to get the alien fruits when you go on "missions" in the space rocket - gotta build it first, of course :)
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    When you have a ghost that died of embarrassment, he/she will randomly be "haunted by embarrassment."

d4e710d3-4d4d-4190-a7bf-78f27f1e495a_zpsdqy3p3nl.png

"Remmy's fatal case of embarrassment has resurfaced!"
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    I don't know if this has been mentioned before. But try the addtofamily code and resourrect the two Windenburg ghosts Mimsy and Bernard, either by the wishing well or by baking ambrosia cake. If you go and play with them, be prepared for a totaly different gaming surprise. They have a lot to tell you. :)
  • HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    @SimzSizzle the skulls are the new items which you can hunt for by asking town Town Sims who are dressed up like for Hollween After you greet them and talk to them for a while you can ask them for a sugar skull. You can get a shelve for them in either misc storage or on the phone you can call Jasmine Holiday ask her about the Day of the Dead (the same person who did the special gardening that gave the grow tree and last month or the month before she gave the option to up skills.) Once you talk to her she gives you the shelves.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited October 2016
    Cement wrote: »
    This could be old news, but when aliens visit the science laboratory they steal freeze rays there. I was shocked by this because in my save there's some tension between the locals and aliens. I've built freeze rays for the locals to defend themselves, guess now half of the aliens are armed too (aside of their own powers).
    Do they? I've noticed freeze rays seemed to be attached to every alien after some patch, including ones that were never in the scientist career (or ever visited). At least the one I play regularly ended up having a random ray in his inventory, along with his clone getting one too somehow. They don't seem to use them autonomously, though, which is unfortunate :'( it'd be really cool to see that tension become a reality with aliens actually rebutting with their own rays :D

Now you've made me doubt if it really happened. This is a new save so there haven't been many patches, unless it's a very recent thing? I've got the aliens housed and they didn't have the freeze rays at first (I bought them some books, so would have spotted those). It also seemed like the ones with freeze rays were the same that visited the lab. Could it still be a coincidence, but thinking it was somehow triggered by the visit? But yeah I would love if they actually used them! I made it a club activity (use science objects), but they still wont :(
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Cement wrote: »
    This could be old news, but when aliens visit the science laboratory they steal freeze rays there. I was shocked by this because in my save there's some tension between the locals and aliens. I've built freeze rays for the locals to defend themselves, guess now half of the aliens are armed too (aside of their own powers).
    Do they? I've noticed freeze rays seemed to be attached to every alien after some patch, including ones that were never in the scientist career (or ever visited). At least the one I play regularly ended up having a random ray in his inventory, along with his clone getting one too somehow. They don't seem to use them autonomously, though, which is unfortunate :'( it'd be really cool to see that tension become a reality with aliens actually rebutting with their own rays :D

Now you've made me doubt if it really happened. This is a new save so there haven't been many patches, unless it's a very recent thing? I've got the aliens housed and they didn't have the freeze rays at first (I bought them some books, so would have spotted those). It also seemed like the ones with freeze rays were the same that visited the lab. Could it still be a coincidence, but thinking it was somehow triggered by the visit? But yeah I would love if they actually used them! I made it a club activity (use science objects), but they still wont :(

Maybe the lab visit triggered it? That makes a lot more sense, but I'm confused where my alien's clone got his since I haven't played any scientists since he was cloned.
    Maybe he's a special case since he was cloned?
    This sounds like a good time to test things!

I hope they can make those autonomously functional someday. Weirder stories :^)
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited October 2016
    What a surprise. I really didn't know that kids could be caught in a fire by stomping on their carved pumpkins.
    fjorqg.jpg
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    What a surprise. I really didn't know that kids could be caught in a fire by stomping on their carved pumpkins.
    fjorqg.jpg

It's a small chance, and only if the pumpkin is lit at the time. It's like Karma for those pumpkin smashing bullies.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I didn't know that about the pumpkins! Surprised I must admit!
  • Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    I found this by chance but do you know that you can have a selected sim who is about getting married call of the wedding by clicking on the partner during the wedding ceremony. Hmmmmm *rubbing hands..mischievous grin*
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    My pregnant sim asked her mom to make her a drink at the bar, she poured her some water lol.

I love it! :smiley:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top