Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simulation Tech Talk

Comments

• Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I think the real challenge for the designers of this game is the uneasy balance between the emotional depth and investment in our sims as little humans complete with the joys and woes we can all identify with on the one hand, and the players who actually want a *game* to play, with things that are quantifiably scorable. While theoretically it is possible to manage both in one game, it is probably just too much cost in resources for the amount they can charge. While I personally would be prepared to pay double or triple for a game (simulation even!) that managed it, I think I might be in the minority.
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    And my final question (probably). May likes/dislikes/fears/turn ons/ turn offs from sims 2 ever come back? They would give the sims so much more personality.

In all of my questions I'm not asking whether these features "will" be added, because I understand you can't talk about future content, etc, etc. I'm just asking if it's not 100% set in stone that they will not be added.

I never rule anything out, but the idea is not to have conflicting systems. We wouldn't want to have Whims *and* Turn Ons, for example. But it'd be cool to have "negative" whims, maybe? What do you like the most about the Sims 2 system that's not in Sims 4? We're always looking for ways to improve, so I'll pass this feedback along.

That's not exactly what I meant. What I mean is It would be cool if we could choose our sims likes/dislikes/fears/turn ons/ turn offs in CAS like it was in previous games. (not sure about sims 3, but it was a part of sims 2).
    I'll add examples below.

Likes/dislikes
    A sim that likes seafood will gain additional happy moodlet after eating seafood.
    A sim that hates seafood would get an uncomfortable moodlet.
    The same could apply to colors. A sim that likes pink will be happier surrounded by pink furniture or wearing pink clothes. A sim that hates pink would get angry if they have to wear pink, etc.
    Fears
    Some sims may be scared of ghosts/aliens or any other supernatural we might see in the future.
    That's again when my question about scared emotion comes into play. Tense and scared are very different things. Scared requires completely different animation. (aka kids being scared of monster under the bed). Btw that animation could be reworked for adults and be used as the scared emotion.
    turn ons/ turn offs
    Some sims like fat sims. Some sims don't. Some sims like blond sims and some sims don't. Some sims may not wanna date a lazy sim, or a sim that doesn't have a job, etc, etc. Do you see where I'm going with it? Currently, sims start flirting with whatever moves. Turn ons/turn offs would add some sort of standards to the sims personalities.

Basically, all of these things could be additional subdivisions in CAS and would act as an extension to the traits. In other words they should not conflict with the whims. Because as far as I can see, whims are more of "what sims want to do now" than "what sims like in the long term".
    These 2 systems could totally work together. They would even compliment each other. For example a sim that likes aliens would get whims to talk to their alien friends more often, etc.

Ugh, I'm talking too much:) I feel like I could write a book on this topic;)

Could you maybe pass it along to the designers as well?:3 @SimGuruEugi

Absolutely. This is all great feedback!

Thank you so much! I greatly appreciate you replying to us and helping our voices be heard:)
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    Agreed I love the sims 2 fears, it helped shape the sims and gave them more personality.

What I also liked about the wants, fears and aspiration system is that it did give them the Sims equivalent of long-term psychological problems, which was much more authentic seeming than the shallow emotions system of TS4. SGGraham was talking in one thread about how he thought the TS4 emotions were better as they actually affected gameplay unlike the TS2 ones. Technically he was right, we couldn't *use* those displays of emotion to skill faster on the violin etc! But for players looking for immersion and emotional investment, which I believe many long-time simmers were, the displays of emotional distress from TS2 added more to the game. I actually used a mod to disable all the mood helpers such as the social bunny, leaving only the psychiatrist active, and therefore there was a realistic element of mental illness in my game. Not to everyone's taste I know, and I respect that.

Can I put my 2 cents in? I LOOOVEED the crazy bunny in the sims 2.
    And also the old lady ( I forgot her name) that was ruining dates and being mean to everyone who she thought behaved inappropriately:)
    Those npcs were so awesome and fun!
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    @SimGuruEugi just wondering about the different coding for the different worlds. Do sims only woohoo autonomously in Windenburg?
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimGuruEugiSimGuruEugi Posts: 503 SimGuru
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Hi @SimGuruEugi, so glad to see you here answering our questions or passing along our concerns when you can't, very much appreciated! :)

I haven't read the entire thread so perhaps my questions/concerns have already been answered and I'm also not sure if this is the correct place to ask build mode questions either. I apologize if that's the case, but here goes...

How exactly does the whims system work? I try to fulfil these for my Sims whenever possible to earn points for rewards. I had thought it was based on current emotions/skill building/actions our Sims are experiencing in the moment. But, it's not very good for immersion when my Sims get a whim to marry an hour after they've just gotten married, buy a guitar/violin when they already own both, buy a punching bag when they're currently using one they own, etc.

One of the whims is always based on emotion... that's the one that's color-coded based on the Sim's emotion. The other whims are based on the Sim's personality. Traits, for example, define sets of whims that Sims may have. So your Athletic Sim might want to buy a punching bag.

It looks like you're running into cases where whims are not refreshing properly. You can always dismiss them and the invalid ones should no longer show up.
    Why do friends of my Sims call asking if it's okay to come over to hang out when they're actually already there sitting on the couch watching a movie or out together already at a venue?

Shouldn't be happening. I'll ping QA about this.
    Why do my Sims keep getting messages while meditating saying they've earned skill points for skills they've already maxed out?

I'm not too familiar with ho Mediation works, sorry.
    I love the moveobjects cheat and use it quite often when building my Sims homes and/or venues. Thank you so much for adding this feature! In the Sims 2 we were also able to move our Sims using this cheat. It was so handy for story telling. I used it to make it look like my Sims were sitting on a counter, for portraits, and much more. Is there a technical reason why it wasn't included?

Sims are actually not objects in Build/Buy. That's why the system is unable to apply moveobjects on them.
    Why is it not possible to have separate foundation types or a mixture of a foundation on one structure and none on another when building on lots? It's frustrating when I want a foundation on my house, but would rather not have one on a shed for example.

I'm not an expert on Build/Buy engineering, but I believe that foundation height and wall height is applied on a per-level (per-lot for foundations) basis.
    I like to keep my game as streamlined as possible because my laptop is older and can't handle a lot of Sims, venues and lots with houses. So one of the first things I do after loading a save file is go to manage households and delete all/most Sims/NPCs the game has automatically generated. I understand they're needed for certain roles, but it would be helpful to know exactly what the criteria is for this considering different scenarios. For instance, there's always a multitude of elders, maybe a couple adults and perhaps one young adult every single time before I even enter my Sims lot. Why?

I figure out who is my mailperson, the gym trainer, bartender, etc. and keep those Sims and I try to keep a balance of all age categories in order to cut down on the constant automatic Sims generated by the game. But there doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason to it. It's frustrating. Can you give us an idea or chart that shows how many and what kinds of Sims/NPCs are needed?

Is there something I'm doing that triggers this? For instance, I almost always start out with a completely empty world, except for the basic venues and my own Sim(s) for that save file with their home on a lot. I have no other Sims living on lots or houses available for any to move into. So all generated Sims are homeless. Any information you can give on this would be very helpful and appreciated.[/quote]

NPCs are generated as needed. So if you visit the club, you'll get a mixologist. If you don't, you won't. Are your NPCs aging? That would explain why you see elders in the list.
    Something else that I'm wondering about generated Sims/NPCs is the seemingly narrow diversity in creation. The majority of them are medium to dark skinned, black or brown hair, black or brown eyes and have asian features. Very rarely does the game generate a Sim with blond or red hair, blue, green, hazel etc. colored eyes, fair skin and also, all the men have some kind of facial hair. Is there criteria the game looks for in order to decide what kind of Sims to create? Or is it supposed to be random and it's perhaps just not working in my game?

I believe that is meant to be as random as the randomization mode in CAS.
    I'd love to know the technical reasons behind why my Sims can't talk to each other while fishing, jog together, cuddle, watch TV, talk, listen to music or read a book while relaxing in bed. Why can't they slow dance together or walk and talk while holding hands? I'm curious why these things don't seem to be possible.

Sims need to use their hands while socializing, that's why they are unable to do so while fishing, for example.

If you look back a few pages, there was a discussion about walking while holding hands. A simple concept on the surface, but with a lot of things to think about. What if the Sims encounter an obstacle? Or if there's no room for two Sims to walk through?
    While talking to family members, why do my Sims get things like, "Get to Know" "Ask about Career" "Ask to be just friends" and other things they already know or don't pertain to them, since they're already married, it's their child or a sibling?

Sims in the same household should not get those options.
    Lastly, why do my Sims who are already sitting side-by-side have to both get up and run outside the house or off the porch to a random spot in the yard in order to talk to each other? They don't do that all the time, but when they do, it's always the same spot.

Sometimes they need to run what we call a "touching social," which requires Sims to be at an exact distance, standing. If there's not enough room, they sometimes wander off to run the interaction.
    I apologize for the length of this post and the many questions. I do enjoy this game and have yet to experience everything it has to offer, and I learn new things everyday. But these are things that I've been curious and frustrated about for a long time. I'll be happy for any answers/insight even if to just one of them. Thank you and have a great weekend! <3

No problem!
  • Options
    SimGuruEugiSimGuruEugi Posts: 503 SimGuru
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    @SimGuruEugi just wondering about the different coding for the different worlds. Do sims only woohoo autonomously in Windenburg?

That shouldn't be the case! I can't think of any world-specific interactions right now, save for the ones in the vacation world.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    @SimGuruEugi I have an artist sim and when I ask him to paint from reference the thing I want him to paint usually ends up being in front of the easel like it would be in real life. But the camera is always positioned in such a way that the easel is between me and the object I want him to paint. Is there any chance that *either* a) we could pan the camera sideways a bit not just rotate it, or b) that the easel actually fades out of view when we're taking the photograph to paint?
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited September 2016
    @SimGuruEugi

I have brought this up a lot of times, with no clear answers and response so I will do it -once- again.

There is a well known graphics bug in with Nvidia cards. It has been there since day one.

People with Nvidia cards are having lines and stuff in CAS. There have been more topics about this, but it still did not get a proper fix. Can you please look at this?

Information about this problem:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/845382/black-lines-on-upper-lip/p1
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Black-lines-in-create-a-sim-and-now-in-game/td-p/4506328
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Weird-Facial-Lines/td-p/4976595

You can bypass this problem by turning off ingame edge smoothing, but the edges will look like plum when you do so, so that's not a solution. I think Nvidia and ingame edge smoothing have a conflict or whatever it may be.

I just hope this will get a proper fix, because this is seriously annoying for people with Nvidia cards.

AMD does not have this problem.

• Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

That shouldn't be the case! I can't think of any world-specific interactions right now, save for the ones in the vacation world.

Thank you for your reply. I'll keep an eye on my sims then, perhaps something else is causing this to happen. I don't use mods so it can't be that. :)
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited September 2016
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    @SimGuruEugi

I have brought this up a lot of times, with no clear answers and response so I will do it -once- again.

There is a well known graphics bug in with Nvidia cards. It has been there since day one.

People with Nvidia cards are having lines and stuff in CAS. There have been more topics about this, but it still did not get a proper fix. Can you please look at this?

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Black-lines-in-create-a-sim-and-now-in-game/td-p/4506328
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Weird-Facial-Lines/td-p/4976595

You can bypass this problem by turning off ingame edge smoothing, but the edges will look like plum when you do so, so that's not a solution. I think Nvidia and ingame edge smoothing have a conflict or whatever it may be.

I just hope this will get a proper fix, because this is seriously annoying for people with Nvidia cards.

This is entirely false so please stop advertising AMD products and defaming the developers by asserting that their product is dysfunctional. The graphic APIs for all Nvidia hardware back to 400 series are fully compliant therefore any failure which causes distortion of textures or improper rendering would be caused by drivers, configuration, or memory failure.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited September 2016
    Quite a few modellers including myself have noticed, and are saying the edges of their cut outs have been seriously rough and jaggy since the last update. I wonder if this is related to @rudy8292's comment or something else. I hope this can be fixed as many modellers rely on the smooth edges to finish their models off neatly. This may have been mentioned numerous times, but it seemed appropriate to mention it again after Rudy's comment. Could be completely unrelated, but If it is another problem, please advise. Thanks.

• Options
    @SimGuruEugi

This is entirely false so please stop advertising AMD products and defaming the developers by asserting that their product is dysfunctional. The graphic APIs for all Nvidia hardware back to 400 series are fully compliant therefore any failure which causes distortion of textures or improper rendering would be caused by drivers, configuration, or memory failure.

It's not false. Tons of people are having these issues with newer NVidia cards, and I am NOT advertising anything.

Check the topics and bugreports before coming here saying it's our problem.
  • Options
    @SimGuruEugi

It's not false. Tons of people are having these issues with newer NVidia cards, and I am NOT advertising anything.

I run Nvidia and the only lines which appear are the mesh borders for specific content which doesn't properly align with the sim body or adjacent parts. I don't need to check bug reports to know that a standard API will not create distortions on one device, but not another, when supplied the same data. It isn't possible.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    @SimGuruEugi

I run Nvidia and the only lines which appear are the mesh borders for specific content which doesn't properly align with the sim body or adjacent parts. I don't need to check bug reports to know that a standard API will not create distortions on one device, but not another, when supplied the same data. It isn't possible.

I tested this with my older GTX 770 -> had lines. I switched to GTX 970 -> had these lines -> Switched to AMD r9 390 -> No lines.

So yeah, it's really not a card -> game problem, sure.

Be glad you don't have that problem, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist and others don't have it..
  • Options
    Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    @SimGuruEugi

I tested this with my older GTX 770 -> had lines. I switched to GTX 970 -> had these lines -> Switched to AMD r9 390 -> No lines.

Be glad you don't have that problem, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist and others don't have it..

Old GT 640M -> I had lines

GTX 650 -> I had lines

GTX 750Ti -> I had lines

GTX 970 now -> I have lines

Friend with an AMD R7 250 -> no lines

So yeah @Forest_Ninja, memory failure. Sure.
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited September 2016
    @SimGuruEugi

GTX 650 -> I had lines

GTX 750Ti -> I had lines

I've had the GTX 660 and now the ASUS GeForce GTX 970 STRIX OC 4GB GDDR5 and not had any issues such as lines. :( What specific model been affected?
  • Options
    MissusGerbitMissusGerbit Posts: 124 Member
    edited September 2016
    @SimGuruEugi

Would it be possible to extend the accepted vs. banned system of club activities to the club requirement?

The way it is right now you can only set club requirements to include certain people. Personally I would love to be able to exclude people based on club requirements.

My stay at home mom would love to have a club for other unemployed sim parents, so it'd be great to exclude all career (or include unemployed)

Or as someone posted in a previous thread of mine; if an evil sim makes a club and he doesn't feel like everybody in it has the be 'evil' per sé as long as they're not 'good' he'd like to have the option to exclude all 'good' sims.

The same would go for a gender requirement.

So for example my teenage male sim, doesn't want to be in a club with any girl attending, so I could set the club requirements to exclude girls (or solely include boys). Ohhh or even getting my own girl's scout club would be fantastic!

I understand it's possible to select individual sims that fit these requirements already, I just feel it could be easier.

---

Another question; would it be possible to program colour/mesh changing options for objects in game? What I mean by this is giving sims interactions for objects to change the colour while in life mode instead of build mode. I have no clue what kind of coding would go into this but it seems like that could open up new gameplay/skills like painting (walls, furniture, woodwork) or yarncraft/sewing (curtains, rugs, bedsheets, etc)

---

PS: These questions tie in with threads I've posted on new game ideas. They didn't get a lot of comments so perhaps I'm one of the few people interested in these things, but if you have some time it would be great if you could check them out!

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/893519/club-requirements-excluding-certain-people

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/893383/crochet-knitting-skill
    signature.png
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Ambera wrote: »
    @SimGuruEugi

Would it be possible to extend the accepted vs. banned system of club activities to the club requirement?

The way it is right now you can only set club requirements to include certain people. Personally I would love to be able to exclude people based on club requirements.

My stay at home mom would love to have a club for other unemployed sim parents, so it'd be great to exclude all career (or include unemployed)

Or as someone posted in a previous thread of mine; if an evil sim makes a club and he doesn't feel like everybody in it has the be 'evil' per sé as long as they're not 'good' he'd like to have the option to exclude all 'good' sims.

The same would go for a gender requirement.

So for example my teenage male sim, doesn't want to be in a club with any girl attending, so I could set the club requirements to exclude girls (or solely include boys). Ohhh or even getting my own girl's scout club would be fantastic!

I understand it's possible to select individual sims that fit these requirements already, I just feel it could be easier.

I would LOVE it if the game offered these things!
    +1
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited September 2016
    knazzer wrote: »
    @imGuruEugi Going forward with The Sims 4, as others have mentioned it would be great to focus on the Sims themselves. Bring an updated version of the reputation/attraction system back. Turn on's & turn off's, astrological sign's for Create a Sim all helped make those Sims a little more individual and also added gameplay and challenge when meeting other Sims.

Yes, please. I'd like to add to this. Not only would I like to see turn on's and off's back (But you were saying that you don't want to have conflicting systems...), but "Wants" were "Whims" in Sims 2, correct? And we had turn on's and turn offs by Night Life. I want to be able to give my Sims more in-depth personalities, like Knazzer mentioned.

I would also like to see return Likes/Dislikes/Favorites. Favorite Color, Favorite Food, Favorite Music Genre, (and when a Sim wears that color, or has a "red" Colored room.. gain a mood-let and an emotion of "happiness", because they're in a room with their favorite things, OR favorite place. Could be their bedroom or in their own little study room/art room/play room, tree house, etc.

I'd also love hobbies to return; and interests. We have clubs now that are more in-depth (Compared to Sims 2 days) and as Expansion Packs come out, I would love to see this feature enhanced with more tools, more options, rules, etc; and to be able to have a club with Sims that like the same Hobby, or are into the same things (I know we can kind of do this already, like Sims that love to garden, or cook), but I would just like to see it be more elaborated on. :)

*EDIT* Also, I don't know if it's just me, but I barely, if ever, pay attention to Whims. :( I didn't even pay attention to "Wishes", or whatever they were called in Sims 3. :( I hate that I don't pay attention to them, because in Sims 2, I loved the wants/fears system. I paid attention to them because when I did.. my Sim's "aspiration" meter would go up and there was also consequences if my Sim went into Aspiration failure. It was challenging; and while I love what you did with the billing system in Sims 4, I feel that's .. pretty much the only challenging thing.

I would love a system like Sims 2, but different for the "whims"/aspirations. There aren't any consequences for me if I don't fulfill my Sims whims. I DO like that if my Sim goes over and hugs another Sim, that will complete the whim for me, but I want the system to be more noticeable and to be more accessible/viewable like the "slot machine effect" was in Sims 2. It was also in the middle of the screen where I could see it better.

Not saying I want a big clunky ui in my face again, but.. I'd really like the system to be updated. If that's ever possible.
  • Options
    knazzer wrote: »
    @imGuruEugi Going forward with The Sims 4, as others have mentioned it would be great to focus on the Sims themselves. Bring an updated version of the reputation/attraction system back. Turn on's & turn off's, astrological sign's for Create a Sim all helped make those Sims a little more individual and also added gameplay and challenge when meeting other Sims.

Yes, please. I'd like to add to this. Not only would I like to see turn ons and offs back (But you were saying that you don't want to have conflicting systems...), but "Wants" were"Whims" in Sims 2, correct? And we had turn ons and turn offs by Night Life. I want to be able to give my Sims more in-depth personalities, like Knazzer mentioned.

I would also like to see return Likes/Dislikes/Favorites. Favorite Color, Favorite Food, Favorite Music Genre, (and when a Sim wears that color, or has a "red" Colored room.. gain a mood-let and an emotion of "happiness", because they're in a room with their favorite things, OR favorite place. Could be their bedroom or in their own little study room/art room/play room, tree house, etc.

I'd also love hobbies to return; and interests. We have clubs now that are more in-depth (Compared to Sims 2 days) and as Expansion Packs come out, I would love to see this feature enhanced with more tools, more options, rules, etc; and to be able to have a club with Sims that like the same Hobby, or are into the same things (I know we can kind of do this already, like Sims that love to garden, or cook), but I would just like to see it be more elaborated on. :)

Im sorry to interrupt, but I think you would like to take a look at my thread in Ideas Corner if you want all of these things to come back:)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/899288/likes-turn-ons-and-fears-oh-my-petition#latest

• Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    There actually seems to be something iffy about the townie generation...I've noticed the longer I play a file the more "single mom" houeholds I get. These households always have a mother and teen daughter of the same race and then a child son of a completely different race. I usually wouldn't care but after an extended time my worlds end up having very little diversity cause of it.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    edited September 2016
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    There actually seems to be something iffy about the townie generation...I've noticed the longer I play a file the more "single mom" houeholds I get. These households always have a mother and teen daughter of the same race and then a child son of a completely different race. I usually wouldn't care but after an extended time my worlds end up having very little diversity cause of it.

It's been a problem since launch: I ranted about it here - http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/799014/townie-household-generation-problems/p1. The household type is generated when your Sims visit a park. I haven't confirmed in my own saves if it's still happening in newer saves when you visit a park with a child, but I haven't seen it my most recent save otherwise. That save start in I think May or June of this year; I've had single YA Sims and teen Sims go to parks in it, but I don't recall if I used the park with a child in that save (there's been just the one child, and I think they only went on camping holidays and out to restaurants).
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    There actually seems to be something iffy about the townie generation...I've noticed the longer I play a file the more "single mom" households I get. These households always have a mother and teen daughter of the same race and then a child son of a completely different race. I usually wouldn't care but after an extended time my worlds end up having very little diversity cause of it.

I've had the same save since the game started and only just created a new save earlier this week (fresh start). I have to say I noticed a few glaring issues such as all inactive households houses where empty despite checked "fill empty homes" and community lots and active Sims friends list where full of ghosts. I tried to remove from unplayed household management but where not there.
  • Options
    @SimGuruEugi

GTX 650 -> I had lines

GTX 750Ti -> I had lines

...and I'm sure that you have no clue which driver version(s) you were running in any of those cases and that your 'friend' only told you that it had no lines but you really don't know. There is clearly nothing which requires any response from the developers.

Do you have any screen captures of these lines and can you explain the steps that you've taken to create/encounter this problem?
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    edited September 2016

As of MC 2.13, you can actually turn that off, @Polyrhythm (you do have MC, right?). If you set Maximum Homeless to 0, you should just get sims generated for roles, aka NPC jobs. No more of those families.

Edit: BTW, a stab at on-topic... I have AMD and play on medium settings, laptop/toaster variety. No lines here.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top