Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simulation Tech Talk

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    I setup woohoo clubs for single sims as dating clubs. When sims are in a woohoo club meeting that has the woohoo as a club activity they forget who is female & who is male. Like they have amnesia or something. They woohoo with anyone and forget what their sexual preference is altogether. This doesn't make much sense to me at all, and defeats the purpose of a dating club. So it would be nice if this was fixed. Though it would be nice if we could set sexual preference in CAS, especially after sims turned into teens.

Sims do have a gender preference value, but there is no way to set it sadly - unless someone knows different? You can view the value with the Search Sim Info mod.

I don't know about SETTING them, but when I see one that's obviously one way or the other, I usually use MC to flag them for either the same or opposite sex. I've seen some with 100/100, too.

They're influenced by whatever gender you woohoo with, that's the only way I know of to change them.

Actually, @rosehrtgirl I had an idea for you, too. If you put your single guys into one club, and your single girls into another club (or group A and B, however you sort them out), you can set them to woohoo/etc with just the members from the other club. Would that do what you're wanting?
  • Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    Oh nevermind @Forest_Ninja seems like Maxis is already looking into the lines issue.

The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Oh nevermind @Forest_Ninja seems like Maxis is already looking into the lines issue.

Alleluyah can we stop the argument now?
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I setup woohoo clubs for single sims as dating clubs. When sims are in a woohoo club meeting that has the woohoo as a club activity they forget who is female & who is male. Like they have amnesia or something. They woohoo with anyone and forget what their sexual preference is altogether. This doesn't make much sense to me at all, and defeats the purpose of a dating club. So it would be nice if this was fixed. Though it would be nice if we could set sexual preference in CAS, especially after sims turned into teens.

I would like the return of turn ons/offs & likes/dislikes system and interests too. As long as they are not only attractive to sims with the same personality traits & likes/dislikes as in the Sims 3 & 2. Really who wants to marry themselves. It should be more logical like a sloppy sim would be more attractive to a sim who likes to clean ect.. Likes and dislikes are different than whims, their not the same thing.

And when it comes to whims, they should not be the same whims over and over again for every sim in the game. Like for example now they all get the whim to woohoo in a bush & fertilizing a bush & start a club meeting way to much, more diversity please for whims. Want to see the other woohoo options come up in the whims.

I have the complete opposite problem. I've created a woo-hoo club that won't woo-hoo - at all. They sooner go autonomously dance, or socialize than fulfill their one club 'do'.

Sexual orientation/relationship status are irrelevant to my club rules, it's more of an underground 'fight club' type of thing, but instead of fight they love. Doesn't work, ever.

I would like the clubs to be more balanced. Setting your rules to certain things will have the desired result, and setting it to others will not. I as the creator know what will happen when I set the club rules, so there is no reason it shouldn't push every sim in the group to complete the 'do' action the same way it does with say 'dance' or 'drink bar drinks'. I have never experienced any issue with group members autonomously doing those. They always work. Others? No such luck, and it's really aggravating that this tool which is supposed to expand my game doesn't even work the way I want it to, which is the way it was advertised to work.
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member

I would like the return of turn ons/offs & likes/dislikes system and interests too. As long as they are not only attractive to sims with the same personality traits & likes/dislikes as in the Sims 3 & 2. Really who wants to marry themselves. It should be more logical like a sloppy sim would be more attractive to a sim who likes to clean ect.. Likes and dislikes are different than whims, their not the same thing.

And when it comes to whims, they should not be the same whims over and over again for every sim in the game. Like for example now they all get the whim to woohoo in a bush & fertilizing a bush & start a club meeting way to much, more diversity please for whims. Want to see the other woohoo options come up in the whims.

You may like to post your feedback about likes/dislikes in this petition thread that I created.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/899288/likes-turn-ons-and-fears-oh-my-petition#latest
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• rosehrtgirlrosehrtgirl Posts: 252 Member

Sims do have a gender preference value, but there is no way to set it sadly - unless someone knows different? You can view the value with the Search Sim Info mod.

I don't know about SETTING them, but when I see one that's obviously one way or the other, I usually use MC to flag them for either the same or opposite sex. I've seen some with 100/100, too.

They're influenced by whatever gender you woohoo with, that's the only way I know of to change them.

Actually, @rosehrtgirl I had an idea for you, too. If you put your single guys into one club, and your single girls into another club (or group A and B, however you sort them out), you can set them to woohoo/etc with just the members from the other club. Would that do what you're wanting?

I've tried two different clubs before, but it doesn't work the same. They hardly woohoo if at all (very rarely) but they will flirt, and kiss mostly. And when you invite another club over they will stay only 2 hours at the most. You have to have a sims in your household members of each club to have the both clubs to stay on the lot. Since my single sims all live with a roommate of the same gender mostly this would not work.
  • SimGuruEugiSimGuruEugi Posts: 503 SimGuru
    IngeJones wrote: »
    @SimGuruEugi I have an artist sim and when I ask him to paint from reference the thing I want him to paint usually ends up being in front of the easel like it would be in real life. But the camera is always positioned in such a way that the easel is between me and the object I want him to paint. Is there any chance that *either* a) we could pan the camera sideways a bit not just rotate it, or b) that the easel actually fades out of view when we're taking the photograph to paint?

That's a great idea! I'll see what we can do.
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    @SimGuruEugi

I have brought this up a lot of times, with no clear answers and response so I will do it -once- again.

There is a well known graphics bug in with Nvidia cards. It has been there since day one.

People with Nvidia cards are having lines and stuff in CAS. There have been more topics about this, but it still did not get a proper fix. Can you please look at this?

Information about this problem:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/845382/black-lines-on-upper-lip/p1
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Black-lines-in-create-a-sim-and-now-in-game/td-p/4506328
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Weird-Facial-Lines/td-p/4976595

You can bypass this problem by turning off ingame edge smoothing, but the edges will look like plum when you do so, so that's not a solution. I think Nvidia and ingame edge smoothing have a conflict or whatever it may be.

I just hope this will get a proper fix, because this is seriously annoying for people with Nvidia cards.

AMD does not have this problem.

You're better off posting this in the Bugs forum and paging @SimGuruNick. My knowledge of graphics is extremely limited. Sorry.
    Ambera wrote: »
    @SimGuruEugi

Would it be possible to extend the accepted vs. banned system of club activities to the club requirement?

The way it is right now you can only set club requirements to include certain people. Personally I would love to be able to exclude people based on club requirements.

My stay at home mom would love to have a club for other unemployed sim parents, so it'd be great to exclude all career (or include unemployed)

Or as someone posted in a previous thread of mine; if an evil sim makes a club and he doesn't feel like everybody in it has the be 'evil' per sé as long as they're not 'good' he'd like to have the option to exclude all 'good' sims.

The same would go for a gender requirement.

So for example my teenage male sim, doesn't want to be in a club with any girl attending, so I could set the club requirements to exclude girls (or solely include boys). Ohhh or even getting my own girl's scout club would be fantastic!

I understand it's possible to select individual sims that fit these requirements already, I just feel it could be easier.

---

Another question; would it be possible to program colour/mesh changing options for objects in game? What I mean by this is giving sims interactions for objects to change the colour while in life mode instead of build mode. I have no clue what kind of coding would go into this but it seems like that could open up new gameplay/skills like painting (walls, furniture, woodwork) or yarncraft/sewing (curtains, rugs, bedsheets, etc)

---

PS: These questions tie in with threads I've posted on new game ideas. They didn't get a lot of comments so perhaps I'm one of the few people interested in these things, but if you have some time it would be great if you could check them out!

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/893519/club-requirements-excluding-certain-people

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/893383/crochet-knitting-skill

I'll pass this feedback along to the design team.

Not having gender requirements was a conscious decision on our part.
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    There actually seems to be something iffy about the townie generation...I've noticed the longer I play a file the more "single mom" houeholds I get. These households always have a mother and teen daughter of the same race and then a child son of a completely different race. I usually wouldn't care but after an extended time my worlds end up having very little diversity cause of it.

We're aware of the single mom issue and looking into it :)
  • Mikado-chanMikado-chan Posts: 108 Member

Why? o_o

Why? o_o

I think similar reasons to not having skin tone as an excludable factor. The Sims Studio have always gone out of their way to promote equality.
  • DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I love the moveobjects cheat and use it quite often when building my Sims homes and/or venues. Thank you so much for adding this feature! In the Sims 2 we were also able to move our Sims using this cheat. It was so handy for story telling. I used it to make it look like my Sims were sitting on a counter, for portraits, and much more. Is there a technical reason why it wasn't included?

Sims are actually not objects in Build/Buy. That's why the system is unable to apply moveobjects on them.
    Why is it not possible to have separate foundation types or a mixture of a foundation on one structure and none on another when building on lots? It's frustrating when I want a foundation on my house, but would rather not have one on a shed for example.

I'm not an expert on Build/Buy engineering, but I believe that foundation height and wall height is applied on a per-level (per-lot for foundations) basis.
    Something else that I'm wondering about generated Sims/NPCs is the seemingly narrow diversity in creation. The majority of them are medium to dark skinned, black or brown hair, black or brown eyes and have asian features. Very rarely does the game generate a Sim with blond or red hair, blue, green, hazel etc. colored eyes, fair skin and also, all the men have some kind of facial hair. Is there criteria the game looks for in order to decide what kind of Sims to create? Or is it supposed to be random and it's perhaps just not working in my game?

I believe that is meant to be as random as the randomization mode in CAS.
    I'd love to know the technical reasons behind why my Sims can't talk to each other while fishing, jog together, cuddle, watch TV, talk, listen to music or read a book while relaxing in bed. Why can't they slow dance together or walk and talk while holding hands? I'm curious why these things don't seem to be possible.

Sims need to use their hands while socializing, that's why they are unable to do so while fishing, for example.

If you look back a few pages, there was a discussion about walking while holding hands. A simple concept on the surface, but with a lot of things to think about. What if the Sims encounter an obstacle? Or if there's no room for two Sims to walk through?
    While talking to family members, why do my Sims get things like, "Get to Know" "Ask about Career" "Ask to be just friends" and other things they already know or don't pertain to them, since they're already married, it's their child or a sibling?

Sims in the same household should not get those options.

As for MOO, I've seen Machinima and storytellers complain that moving a sim can't be accomplished with MOO, as it was apparently an option available to them using MOO in past iterations of the game. Curious as to why it no longer can be done with MOO and whether or not the ability to move a sim with the cheat could be added since there is a request for it from those camps.

I'd also like to know why in past iterations of MOO we had an option to delete an object and can't do so now. I had a specific need for that when I discovered that putting the portable card table from OR into my sim's inventory on a home lot resulted in the card deck becoming separated from the table and remaining on the floor. The only solution available was to end up bulldozing the entire lot. A copy was in my library but all progress with the evolving of garden plants was lost by having to do so.

As for the skin, hair color, etc. of generated sims, just chiming in with I see this in my saves, too, as the save ages. Not sure randomization is working as well as it should.

Aha! Now I understand while sims can't talk while fishing! Thanks for using that example.

As for family member whims, I think you guys are going to have to take a look at relationship decay in inactive, played households, please. Unfortunately, some of those whims are necessary by the time a rotational player gets back to a family. I return to find they have forgotten their spouse's traits, or at least a couple of them, as well as forgotten where their spouse works. Family members shouldn't need those options and is just one example of why relationship decay in inactive, played households is soooo unpopular with players.

DOLLDRMS1 wrote: »

Sims need to use their hands while socializing, that's why they are unable to do so while fishing, for example.

Must it be that way? Even just chatting? I mean I often gesture with my hands when I talk, but I can avoid doing so while using my hands for some other task.

• rosehrtgirlrosehrtgirl Posts: 252 Member

Must it be that way? Even just chatting? I mean I often gesture with my hands when I talk, but I can avoid doing so while using my hands for some other task.

Couldn't they just turn their head to the side or nod their head instead of using their hands as if they are having a conversation with each other.
  • Mikado-chanMikado-chan Posts: 108 Member

Why? o_o

I think similar reasons to not having skin tone as an excludable factor. The Sims Studio have always gone out of their way to promote equality.

So creating gender specific clubs would promote inequality? That's ridiculous. I can't with this world... -_-
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited September 2016

Couldn't they just turn their head to the side or nod their head instead of using their hands as if they are having a conversation with each other.

Or\and perhaps, a little stool and a rod rest?
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • EmTheSimmerEmTheSimmer Posts: 34 Member
    thats really cool.
    hi
  • cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Hi @SimGuruEugi !!

Firstly, thanks for regularly contributing to this thread. I definitely think it means a lot to people.

Now to my topic. I have been playing around with the clubs system and I've been trying to add the popcorn machine to the "watch movies" club rule, but I haven't had any success. When adding new things to club rules, do *all* Svalue and Nvalues of the popcorn machine need to be added to the club rule? So far I've only tried adding the recipe crafting values that (I think) refer to the Sim initially starting the popcorn crafting process, but these don't seem to work as there is no green thumbs up on the popcorn maker and Sims still won't use it autonomously during a club gathering. I hope you can help here.

Speaking of the "watch movies" club rule, it's currently, for the most part, broken. See the bug report I posted yesterday below. There's an issue with autonomous "watch current movie" and "watch movie together", where only one sim can watch movie at a time. Other Sims in the group will attempt to watch the movie, but the autonomous interaction cancels immediately.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Broken-Group-Club-Watch-Movie-Interactions/m-p/5548864#M28359

Thanks again.
    Hi @SimGuruEugi !!

Firstly, thanks for regularly contributing to this thread. I definitely think it means a lot to people.

Definitely does for me!

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Thank you very much for answering my concerns/questions, I'm grateful you took the time to do so. I do have a few additional questions/comments though based on your feedback. :)
    One of the whims is always based on emotion... that's the one that's color-coded based on the Sim's emotion. The other whims are based on the Sim's personality. Traits, for example, define sets of whims that Sims may have. So your Athletic Sim might want to buy a punching bag.

It looks like you're running into cases where whims are not refreshing properly. You can always dismiss them and the invalid ones should no longer show up.

I already knew what the whims were based on, but thanks for the refresher for others. :) I do dismiss them, but the invalid ones still show up, sometimes immediately afterwards. I think there needs to be some kind of 'flag' for the whims system to recognize when an action has already occurred for individual Sims or an object already exists on the lot.
    Sims are actually not objects in Build/Buy. That's why the system is unable to apply moveobjects on them.

Okay, fair enough, I think understand what your'e saying - all Sims in past iterations were objects, but TS4 Sims are not. Correct?
    I'm not an expert on Build/Buy engineering, but I believe that foundation height and wall height is applied on a per-level (per-lot for foundations) basis.

Yes, I knew this also about wall heights on levels, that wasn't my question. I think you may have misunderstood. I was asking why individual structures on a lot must all have the same type of foundation. For example, if I give my house a foundation, anything else separate from the house, such as a shed, must have the same exact foundation height (or no foundation) too. Why can't individual structures on a lot have their own unique type of foundation - a mixture of foundation heights or a mixture of foundation heights and/or no foundation?
    NPCs are generated as needed. So if you visit the club, you'll get a mixologist. If you don't, you won't. Are your NPCs aging? That would explain why you see elders in the list.

Yup, I knew NPCs would be generated if my Sim visits a venue and/or parks. What I'm saying is NPCs are being generated even when my Sim hasn't visited any lots and the majority of them are elders. Are elders needed to wander neighborhoods? If so, why just elders? This particular save file I have aging off for all Sims.

If you look back a few pages, there was a discussion about walking while holding hands. A simple concept on the surface, but with a lot of things to think about. What if the Sims encounter an obstacle? Or if there's no room for two Sims to walk through?

Okay, thank you for the explanation. I still don't understand why though, not everyone talks with their hands. Also, it doesn't really answer the second part of my question about in-bed animations which don't require talking such as; cuddling, or an individual Sim lying on the bed watching TV, reading a book, listening to music or just daydreaming as Sims could do in past interations.
    Sometimes they need to run what we call a "touching social," which requires Sims to be at an exact distance, standing. If there's not enough room, they sometimes wander off to run the interaction.

Ah, okay, that kinda/sorta explains it. The Sims (Father & child daughter) in question were directed to converse while sitting together at a picnic table located on the backporch of their house. The system must've thought they had enough room to sit together, but not talk? I apologize, but I'm still confused. They weren't required to touch to talk and even if they were required to touch during the conversation, they were sitting next to each other anyway. Is it because other Sims were sitting/interacting at the table too, in particular his other daughter doing homework and his wife standing at the end of the table mentoring the child?

Thanks again for answering my questions, it made me smile to see that you had given feedback on all of them to the best of your abilities! <3

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2016

Okay, fair enough, I think understand what your'e saying - all Sims in past iterations were objects, but TS4 Sims are not. Correct?
    Sims children-elders are not objects. MOO actually works quite well on babies and you can resize them as shown here.
    04-29-15_4-04nbspPM-2_zpsa74oxtw6.png
    Babies are pretty much objects as mentioned earlier in this thread. I actually wouldn't mind if MOO worked on Sims again but would probably require recoding. I'm trying to remember if the teleport here come with MC Command Center mod or with the testing cheats feature. @egwarhammer probably remembers. Pretty sad it doesn't take long to forget things in the Sims 4 after not playing for a bit already.

I do think the teleport here would help with storytellers. Mix that with the pose pack player mods and it could work. I know not ideal to use third party sources for storytelling, but something is better than nothing.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

Sims children-elders are not objects. MOO actually works quite well on babies and you can resize them as shown here.
    04-29-15_4-04nbspPM-2_zpsa74oxtw6.png
    Babies are pretty much objects as mentioned earlier in this thread. I actually wouldn't mind if MOO worked on Sims again but would probably require recoding. I'm trying to remember if the teleport here come with MC Command Center mod or with the testing cheats feature. @egwarhammer probably remembers. Pretty sad it doesn't take long to forget things in the Sims 4 after not playing for a bit already.

I do think the teleport here would help with storytellers. Mix that with the pose pack player mods and it could work. I know not ideal to use third party sources for storytelling, but something is better than nothing.

You can use MC's Summon Sim feature, but it works differently from the Teleport Mod from Scumbumbo. I haven't tried the mod, I don't know the difference, and I honestly haven't used Summon Sim too much, either.
  • Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

<Image Removed>

It should be possible to make sims selectable without any major re-coding, however, they've prevented selection of the sim object with filters due to problems with scaling, rotation, and jig positioning.

It is possible to move sims with existing commands however you'll need to get the object list to determine offsets:
    Sim_Placement.jpg
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

It should be possible to make sims selectable without any major re-coding, however, they've prevented selection of the sim object with filters due to problems with scaling, rotation, and jig positioning.

It is possible to move sims with existing commands however you'll need to get the object list to determine offsets:
    Sim_Placement.jpg
    Ooh cool. <3 Reminds me of the breaking experiment video.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top