Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LEAKED FIRST EP3 SCREENSHOT!

Comments

• Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I gotta say...this EP looks like absolute trash. The worst kind of apartments, tourists/cultural events, politics and basketball? Sorry but no. And it took an year to make? Just sad.

We literally know almost nothing about this expansion except for a leaked screenshot which could be fake and you're already saying it plum?

Exactly. The same happened with Get Together. Then it turns out to be the best EP...

Part of it was the way they first advertised it as a outgoing party EP and then the.......dancing on stage event.....*shivers in horror*
    But it did turn out good once they detailed things better and showed off what you can do it the pack through additional videos.
    Whatever is next, let it not be party/group/social focused.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Let's not act like you've never put the Sims 3 above 4 countless times.
    I do the opposite and you have a meltdown?

All I said was Late Night was plum, and that this is a major improvement. If this includes Sims 2 apartments and all of this on top, it's a major step forward from both LN and AL.

All I'm saying is, it's sounding like a step forward to both, and you're the only one acting like it's going to be worse than Apartment Pets.

I mean, lbr, you literally trash the game the first time we hear news, and then always have to backtrack. Remember the outbursts about the Aug challenge all for nothing? Aren't you just repeating yourself again? Going off almost nothing and making judgement. No one here is making judgement as if it's a final product.
    I'm saying the ideas (if executed well) would be much better than late night, but I keep an open mind that the execution could be bad.

Also, if you hate the game SO much, why bother posting about it? At least I'm enthusiastic about a game I like. Why are you so enthusiastic about a game where you only check it once and while?

But that's okay, if try to dish it, and you can't take the heat, put me on ignore and I'll say goodbye. At the end of the day I'm just doing the opposite of what you're doing. :kissing_heart:

If you find their posts so aggravating, why don't you put them on the ignore list? Instead of constantly replying to their posts and tell them how their opinions s*ck all the time. Last I checked, the forums was filled with people who like the game and people who are disappointed with the game. Just because @Sigzy05 expresses themselves more often doesn't mean they are the only ones to feel that way. And please stop with the "if you hate the game so much"... that's such a childish thing to say. You know darn well that we all love The Sims but got disappointed with TS4 for several reasons. There are no "haters". If people are still here commenting and giving their feedback, it's because they care and want to see this game improve in the future.

I'm not the one who finds their posts aggravating. Infact, it's the opposite.

They voice their opinion, I respond with mine. That's all it is.

As I said, if Sigzy can't take it, block me. All I'm doing is expressing a different opinion, I only got personal because he got personal.

I'm allowed to post a conflicting opinion to anyone.
    If you don't like it, block me.

I couldn't care less. Honestly.

I haven't ignored you yet, I went straight to bed, and I just saw this but believe me I will, and I will go play my game.

Seriously, there is a huge difference between posting your opinion and persecuting someone which is what you do, getting personal and telling you to stop is literally the only way I see of doing it, because you keep ignoring what I say as demonstrated multiple times on multiple threads. I don't see anyone else on this forum constantly persecuting my opinions and then actively quoting me and trying to take down my posts because some past game made it worse than TS4.

I couldn't care less for your opinion, in case you haven't noticed, I have no issue with anyone's opinions, I haven't argued with anyone else, but you, because you keep constantly quoting me and sharing your biased comparisons which are just super ridiculous, it's a matter of feeling like you are following me around and I don't like it. You did it with OFB when I talked about GTW's retail, you did it with Freetime when I said I didn't like the event, you did it with the matchmaker from TS2 when I talked about the event again, you did it with TS3 when I talked about goals in TS4, you did it with Ambitions when I talked about GTW's active careers and how I dislike the goals I don't need your comparisons I don't want your comparisons if you want to talk about it please, don't quote me because it's like you are following me around and that's what I take offence in case you haven't noticed. I don't even need comparing the other games to TS4 to know I don't fully enjoy it, but you, you don't. Sometimes it's like I'm talking to someone who's completely clueless of other people, have some decency for once.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I gotta say...this EP looks like absolute trash. The worst kind of apartments, tourists/cultural events, politics and basketball? Sorry but no. And it took an year to make? Just sad.

We literally know almost nothing about this expansion except for a leaked screenshot which could be fake and you're already saying it plum?

I wouldn't say we don't know anything, but as I said "it looks like..." not that "it is". But yes, I'm not liking it, not about some features in particular but the lack of thereof, and the only penthouse we saw seems like it's not going to work like apartments in TS2.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    JasonRMJ wrote: »

It's a mix of Apartment Life with Showtime and Nightlife with a hint of Late Night and a return of Get Together's Modern District.....
    So basically they're running out of ideas....

Lol…
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2016

It's a mix of Apartment Life with Showtime and Nightlife with a hint of Late Night and a return of Get Together's Modern District.....

It just doesn't look like there's enough content for a 40 euro price point. If they want to do cheap apartments call it a feature and then add a few tidbits here and there (similar Season's festivals and WA tourists, basketball hoop object and politics career) I will only buy it, if it's on sale.

It just doesn't seem like TS4 is progressing at all.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I'll say it here. This pack doesn't interest me to pay 40 bucks for it. So for the first time i'm going to wait for a sale because my game can do without this for 100%.

Unless they take us seriously i'm not spending money on this game anymore. They can't even seriously answer our questions, I mean.. come on.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    marx13marx13 Posts: 48 Member
    "Shop at street markets" isn't anyone talking about this? If this is legit our sims can finally leave the house to buy things again ( although I don't have GTW so I don't know how the system was in that EP).
    "neighborhoods"...Again, maybe this is similar to how different parts of Belladonna Cove had social class districts?
  • Options
    JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member

It just doesn't look like there's enough content for a 40 euro price point. If they want to do cheap apartments call it a feature and then add a few tidbits here and there (similar Season's festivals and WA tourists, basketball hoop object and politics career) I will only buy it, if it's on sale.

All I want for apartment objects are elevators that can change it's height in conjunction with the wall height, a great way to make an indoor garden with a special flooring that acts like a soil.
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• Options
    dancenow13dancenow13 Posts: 160 Member
    Aesir26 wrote: »
    Figures I do not see a single Vampire in there, go figure, Blah!!

Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I think I would prefer to see vampires in an EP focused on supernaturals. That way we don't get a watered down version of vampires or similar life states. Of course, if they did add vampires in this EP then I wouldn't mind as long as they're done well, and as long as they possibly include a toggle in the options for people who don't want supernaturals in their game.

I'm with you there! I have no idea why everyone thinks a supernatural life state would have anything at all to do with this pack...
  • Options

All I want for apartment objects are elevators that can change it's height in conjunction with the wall height, a great way to make an indoor garden with a special flooring that acts like a soil.

We have that flooring already. :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    dancenow13 wrote: »

Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I think I would prefer to see vampires in an EP focused on supernaturals. That way we don't get a watered down version of vampires or similar life states. Of course, if they did add vampires in this EP then I wouldn't mind as long as they're done well, and as long as they possibly include a toggle in the options for people who don't want supernaturals in their game.

I'm with you there! I have no idea why everyone thinks a supernatural life state would have anything at all to do with this pack...

The sims have had one lifestate on every pack until GT. It's not even a matter of being relative to the theme but keeping the "tradition" going, which supposedly according to some gurus it's not a tradition, more like an excuse for GT not having one. I know some people don't like lifestates but others do, and putting them on a solo pack is in a way taking away what the supernatural players like to play with, because we don't know how long will it take for that pack to come. Also, just because they would be in a solo pack wouldn't mean they'd be better done either.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited September 2016

and it doesn't work for planting....just bush,flower and trees, which are considered to be indoor/outdoor objects :P

*side note*
    Need to proof read.

• Options

and it doesn't work for planting....just bush,flower and trees, which are considered to be indoor/outdoor objects :P

*side note*
    Need to proof read.

Oh you mean actual plants? Yeah I don't think it works :\
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited September 2016
    If it's true and there will be cultural festivals, I'll be really happy, because I loved the festivals in Sims 3, but with Sims 4, I feel they'd be more lively due to the venues having a lot more Sims on them/passing by; and here's hoping that they will also have a lot more activities to do in these festivals. I would love for the kissing booths to be back, but I think that might be the food stands that the survey was talking about .. maybe. :/
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

*side note*
    Need to proof read.

Once a plant is sown (in a pot or on terrain) you can move it onto floor tiles with MOO and tend it as normal.
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »

*side note*
    Need to proof read.

Once a plant is sown (in a pot or on terrain) you can move it onto floor tiles with MOO and tend it as normal.

Well, there you go @JasonRMJ :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »

*side note*
    Need to proof read.

Which I did. but inconvenient.

29369272396_d6dc0e8ea6_o_d.jpg
    28779613064_d29d68c629_o_d.jpg

• Options

The sims have had one lifestate on every pack until GT. It's not even a matter of being relative to the theme but keeping the "tradition" going, which supposedly according to some gurus it's not a tradition, more like an excuse for GT not having one. I know some people don't like lifestates but others do, and putting them on a solo pack is in a way taking away what the supernatural players like to play with, because we don't know how long will it take for that pack to come. Also, just because they would be in a solo pack wouldn't mean they'd be better done either.

The gurus have said that they are doing things differently this time around, and not to expect things to be the way they were in the previous iterations (to paraphrase), which is why I don't get why heaps of people on the forums expect packs to be a repeat/include the same items as the packs we've already seen. Also from what we've seen this pack seems to be nothing like Late Night... Just my thoughts on the matter
  • Options
    Basically what I'm saying is that it seems like with The Sims 4, none of these traditions really apply...
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Those screenshots don't even look like TS4 sims, they look like something from one of the console or facebook versions.
  • Options

The gurus have said that they are doing things differently this time around, and not to expect things to be the way they were in the previous iterations (to paraphrase), which is why I don't get why heaps of people on the forums expect packs to be a repeat/include the same items as the packs we've already seen. Also from what we've seen this pack seems to be nothing like Late Night... Just my thoughts on the matter

What does that have to do with anything?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Those screenshots don't even look like TS4 sims, they look like something from one of the console or facebook versions.

It is TS4. It's just blurred, that's why it looks "different".
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    IngeJones wrote: »

those leaks are real, they just look different because how horrible the quality screenshot is...

In the next new EP leak, people will start to say the leak is photoshop or a fake.....and then question the leak like they're a SimGuru, even the pictures just prove there will be an EP....It just look different because they added in more creativity....

• Options

What does that have to do with anything?

Not you personally but quite a few people on here have been saying that this EP is going to be another Late Night and that is why it should include another life state ie vampires.
  • Options
    Oops can't delete my other post, but @Sigzy05 this was my reply -

Not you personally but quite a few people on here have been saying that this EP is going to be another Late Night and that is why it should include another life state ie vampires.